Scripture says "in His Name, the Gentiles will trust" - what will 'Evolutionist Gentiles' trust in Jesus?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It (the thing Evolutionist Gentiles will trust) may be a negative: the Devil does not want people to evolve.

Not in the sense that people change from one species to another, which is a lie, but improving Evolution through different kinds, within the species.

If EG then, can understand that they are in a struggle with the Devil, then help from God will make sense!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Does the Devil flatter Man, without giving context? Should Man not think of himself as exceeding expectations, if he continues to do the work of Man, for God's glory?

There is a question of mastery here, whether Man can pass on what he has learned about Evolution, to his young - but where will he find it?

One is resisting the Devil, the other is investing in what God has said, primarily.

I just don't know why the faith can't correct Man - on the basis of something that men don't care is false.

The problem is that the Devil repeatedly gets in the way of progress, then expects help, then goes back to the way he was?

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's got to the point, where I am actively fighting "Evolution" with my mind - I turn away from it, every time I see it.

Is this going to cause a phobia, in me? Or is the meaning of Evolution, not culpable enough?

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What about "pitching" to greater selection pressure? Taking greater selection pressure on, while there is time?

That qualifies for 'Evolution', just not as justifies a return to its roots.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Diversifying to the point, that nothing included has a saving grace - is surrendered (to the Devil) but for God's place (not only for His Grace).

Do men abort children, that do not have the potential to be the greatest possible Evolution? No.

Then there is something about 'conception', that requires roots to be trusted? Yes.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is a sense in which Evolution proceeds through a certain gear.

EGs have trusted that they don't need to act in a panic, in response to Evolution - that's a good thing.

With confidence in patience, welcoming God's providence is not far behind.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I know what tests EGs: potential-binding (the act of putting together potential, as a coherent whole).

Evolution is an example of potential-binding, but potential-binding is not an example of Evolution.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It is possible that we win the fight, to define Evolution properly, with attrition.

No one believes Evolution applies to every thing and also every way - from there it is just a matter of helping EGs negotiate a partial surrender.

Once a partial surrender has been in place, for some time, the old rancour will die out.

In essence, the question changes from "what did you evolve into (as a monkey)?" to "once you knew you were going to evolve, what thing or things did you leave out (for the sake of evolving well)?"

The point is, there isn't a God in Heaven or Earth, that will try to help Mankind go in two different directions at once - either Man evolved from stage to stage within in his own species, or Man limited his own kind in order to oppress other species.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Something EGs won't want to trust, is that God resists sharing with the disingenuous (even more than He resists the proud).

In other words, it is right to say "I'm not sharing with you, anything I've adapted" to someone who asserts you came from a monkey.

We really have to take a stand here, God does!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe it comes down to if a person humbly bows the knee before the Creator of all the world itself.

That would be something they would have to profess from the heart towards others when spirit lead. Cause everything in the realm of Christianity - depends on the Spirit - God is spirit, Jesus said those who worship him will worship him in spirit and truth, and that is not able to be excluded.

I think sincerely those who believe that God does truly exist and exhibit the signs of love, that are presented in 1 Corinthians 13, may just happen to so happen to have the spirit of Christ in them, but they may just not know it fully.

What do you think about that @Gottservant

Reactions: Gottservant

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Part of the problem, is that EGs think greater Evolution, is a matter of developing a consistent response to selection pressure by refining the response, when in fact, a conquering response to selection pressure is bolstered by hope.

As the Bible says "hope that is seen, is not hope" (letters, from memory), we live by faith (and don't merely "survive").

Without hope then, no one can evolve more greatly than anyone else - we are at a loss as to know how to adapt.

I think there is a lesson in this, that we ought not to stray so far from God, that our expectations be known to lead to mistakes.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The problem with trans-speciesism is that they have never found the evidence.

What do people who have no evidence, do? They (not complain) resent the one who said the evidence would be there.

So if they resent, Charles Darwin, how are they going to keep meaningfully adapting?

Jesus provides!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We should be focused on Jesus' expectation of what we should evolve, and repenting when we don't!

Jesus is never going to ask us, to do away with the species He has made us.

On the other hand, He will defend us from those, that joke about forcing us to (change species).

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Maybe what EGs will trust, is that Jesus can't offer something not doable, therefore their own "Evolution" can't be approached.

But if that's the case, they are asserting that Jesus can't learn, on the basis of what He keeps doing - I don't think that's right?

The whole question for me, is, what will it take for EGs to learn from Jesus and those following Him? There has to be a hook or a net of some kind, that will bring the catch in?

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Maybe the idea that a number of adaptations can be compressed into a single response, will prove "design" to be 'evolutionarily' sound?

In principle, that is the Gospel message: a number of things you learn in life, become part of Jesus, part of your identity in Jesus - such that He is able to redeem you, as part of a new whole.

You could say "versatility of the strongest"! OR "an agreement with death, gives more choice"!

Last edited:

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I've come to the conclusion, that you can't coax Evolution, with theory about it (that would make it an art, not a definition).

All life is created, by spontaneous union (of something). Reckoning with a different union is illusory.

From dust we are made, to dust we return.