Scripture says "in His Name, the Gentiles will trust" - what will 'Evolutionist Gentiles' trust in Jesus?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Whether or not this is going to save EGs I don't know, but I have come to realise that God isn't going to save someone, that wants themself and no one else, to the end.

God is going to let EGs make their own way, to the end.

That being the case, the wise thing to do, is to surrender all, to God (now).

Overcoming is not going to do anything, for someone who doesn't believe God can help them overcome.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It is possible to make peace with EGs, as long as they understand, they can't have everything.

"And the peace that surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus".

Let's pray that our Peace multiplies, in the Glory of God!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I've come to understand, that there is both a "persistence" to Evolution, and a "transcendental".

As long as the transcendent is irrational, the persistence can only break up.

There is a sense in which the transcendent needs to "forge" the persistent - into the resilient.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I've come to realise that Evolution is just a rearrangement of parts of design.

Maybe Evolutionist Gentiles will trust that?

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is pretty great:

You don't need to wait for the Devil to evolve, if Christ is already part of your story (selah)

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Encountering "Evolution" and leading it away from the flock, is rewarded in every generation.

Jesus said "He that welcomes a prophet in the name of a prophet will receive a prophet's reward" (Matthew 10:41), so it is with the flock, if you lead evolution away, the flock will give you a flock's reward (you will be free of evolution, as far as the flock is concerned).

The thing to trust, then, is that Christ continues to stand for the flock and will lead predators away, in order to be brought to life in the flock again.

This is something you can do with Christ.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi there,

So "Evolution" has become a sort of black box to me - I don't really know what to say to something that is essentially an unpredictable double pendulum; it neither recognises male and female, nor does it predict survivability, for example. But I started to draw on scripture and think "maybe the answer doesn't have to come from me"; as in, I started to think, maybe there is structure in the Bible, that can serve as an answer, to Evolution: that will be far better than anything I could dream up.

One particular scripture, says "in His Name, the Gentiles will trust". I can lay hold of that, as a promise, specifically for "Evolutionist Gentiles" - there will be something that Evolutionists trust of Jesus, that they won't trust anyone else for (I don't know what it is, but it will be something!). For one thing, they can't complain that Jesus is not a "species", because we have the faith (the "Christian" faith); for another thing, it must be said that His Lineage was a Perfect Lineage. Surely that counts for something!

There is a possibility that the answer, to Jesus' contribution to the Gentile gene pool,, will be simply cold - because Jesus doesn't count that love will necessarily survive all that is hurled at it. In other words, people may just prefer "lawlessness" over any "Christian" answer that requires hard work (basically!). I don't even really know what to guess, myself: is it Jesus living or dead, that makes the difference? Is it a warning or a blessing, that Jesus hung on that cross? These are not necessarily important questions (more-so than any other is important) but they are constructive questions - questions that reveal something about the person answering them.

So I am sort of fielding this here, so that you can pick at it and maybe give me some pointers or suggestions,, as to what angle I should take, if at all: is there a better scripture? is the approach blunt enough, to be inclusive but also constructive? You can see from this that I am taking it seriously - one of the insults made against me is that I am not really attempting to learn "Evolution" - but I just wonder if maybe I am trying to use a shield of faith meant for standing opponents (you know in the sense that they say "you can't take it lying down").

Thanks for your help.

In a nut shell, the word “EVOLUTION” has spread across the headlines as having ONLY one meaning; of Animals becoming Humans!
Which is False.

Animals are Kinds of things.
Humans are a Kind of things.

Animals and Humans, as does anything (plants, trees) reproduce this same Kind of thing.

Animals, Humans, Plants Adapt to “changes of their surroundings or falter and become extinct”.

Men are famous for “tinkering” with Animal, Humans, Plants….seeds and body parts.

Gods Creation of all things is fulfilled.

Gods Making of His Creations is an ongoing process.

Gods Offering of when, how, why His particular Making Applies to whom IS Finished

Gods completions of His Making’s of Whom, is called Done.

As long as natural born Humans continue to occupy this world (earth)…DONE has not yet been accomplished, and is thus Future.

Gen 2:
[3] And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

John 19:
[30] When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

Rev.21
[6] And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

1 Pet 5:
[10] But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

Rev.22
[6] And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done.

Glory to God,
Taken

• Love
Reactions: Gottservant

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Here is something: maintaining a focus on the maximum a given species can evolve, guarantees stronger young.

The biggest possible tree, is going to have bigger off-shoots.

Mutation is not going to create bigger than the biggest, that's the point.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Furthermore, if you have a congenial angle on who you were, you don't change anything.

If I like who I am as a human being, I am not going to seek an evolution to make me something else.

It makes more sense, to lead evolution away from design, lest it corrupt what is wholesome in design (and that design may grow).

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think I have worked out the problem of mutation being an answer to death: "familiar relevance" leads to centrality (not adaptation). In other words, what my parents have said is relevant to my survival, in contexts where that relevance becomes prominent, leads to a corporate response - you respond to the way in which the relevance is thought to be life-giving. My parents might say "avoid that tree", and I avoid it, and then I find a similar tree and I avoid that, then I am evolving. I am evolving because I no longer react to the pressure to move closer to that tree. I can eliminate a desire to see anything about that tree (including its fruit). (This is the lesson God gives us in Genesis).

If all I am doing is taking chances with what is safely Evolution, then I am not evolving, I am gambling. On the other hand if I am building up a set of responses, to my environment, then I am evolving - I am evolving, because I sort some pressures out as being important and some pressures being unimportant. God approves of discernment, that is why I say "God approves of my adaptations".

I hope this has been of some encouragement.

God bless.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Part of the faith of EGs, is simply hanging on.

If you have a God given level of integrity, and are able to respond to pressure, hanging on to hope that your response will be enough ensures that your offspring have hope. Your offspring having hope, in turn inspires greater response to pressure, in themselves. If every generation has hope of greater response, then hanging on for change becomes easy!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think it needs to be said, that mutation does not just provoke a more concerted effort to adapt (that is, adapt something "like" the previous adaptation) - spiralling around the mutation until an alternative is found.

Mutation can cause to recoil. By recoiling I mean, that the creature with the mutation may backtrack, to a state of design that is more stable. If you backtrack to greater stability, you may be able to eliminate the mutation.

The myth is that whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, when in fact what you keep from killing you, gives you peace.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Maybe what EGs are looking for is a "build up" of Evolution in an organism, a build up that can be assigned relevance in one way or another. Knowing what a given individual thought was relevant, at death, over time would amount to a transcendence of death, at least death to known pressures.

Isn't the power of God, power over death, in some sense?

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In a similar vein to the notion of an Evolutionary buildup, there is a sense in which passing on incomplete Evolutions, along with Evolution of a particular species grants the organism more novel ways in which to reinvent Evolution.

I believe it is possible to reinvent Evolution, that's why we have kinds - understanding that incompleteness is passed on, is what explains how that reinvention works.

It's not by discarding Evolutions that failed to be explicitly one Evolution, at transmission, its allowing Evolution to be reinvented in a way that advances a particular Evolution, yes, but also in a way that invokes play between what Evolution was and could be.

This is why you get diversity, even though it could be strictly thought of as an extension of a past principle.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It comes down to a simple choice: do you - as part of a species -, want to serve class or develop kind?

Your class is a refinement of the design you already have, your kind is an alteration to your design that pressures your design to innovate.

Both of these things, contribute to the species, without throwing away what the species mean.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think what it comes down to is: do you believe in extending Evolution now (like the world), or do you consider the possibility of extending Evolution later (out of faith)?

At no point can you say "I will no longer be human, I will be something else"

I mean it would be great if we could take advantage of everything God has made (not simply what He has made us), but praising God for what He wants to keep making us, makes far more sense.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If every species on earth evolved more than mankind and wanted to eliminate us, would we say "the other species are more evolved, its time we died (because the pressure is against us)"?

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I had a thought on another thread, that made me think of Evolution in a new light:

If the impression is righteous, so will the word be (selah).

The idea that you can be evolved and search for reasons to prove it, is backwards to the nature of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit believes the change has come and searches for ways to prolong it. If the prolonging is righteous, this pleases God and if God is pleased, what He calls the change will be righteous as well. The might of God is that you can't force a change on Him, that is not righteous.

What is an Evolution that is always righteous? What pressure is this, that God puts on Evolution to be righteous?