Scripture says "in His Name, the Gentiles will trust" - what will 'Evolutionist Gentiles' trust in Jesus?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Part of the difficulty, is understanding that being conceived in the womb, we find our Evolution homogenized, by our being in the womb (the womb pressures us, to reproduce adaptations after our kind).

Thus we are helped to overcome selection pressures, by maintaining a greater number of adaptations.

That being the case, it is no longer "Evolution" that is at work in us, but "Creation" - we continue to 'create' responses to the possibility of selection pressure.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Biblical Evolution states, that God puts a potential for adaptation in every creature. This potential is then multiplied and those things that are not optimal are weeded out.

This is different, to the idea that Evolution "creates the right adaptation, up front".

The point is, biblically, Evolution is a joint effort, between God and creature; "Secular Evolution" is that you need to do it on your own.

"I don't have time, for mutation" is what we (Creationists/Biblical Evolutionists) should be saying.

Multiples of mutation, which is what "Secular Evolution" asks, is deleterious - and weeded out!

Let Mutationery go up in smoke!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think I understand what it is Gentiles will trust - and I mean this scripturally, which is a first: Jesus can make Evolutionists' adaptations, easier and lighter.

This is not to say He can change a species, just that adaptations within a species, He can make easier and lighter.

Further to this, the Holy Spirit, is able to draw more inspiration from nature, than we can without Him.

And God is able to make the connection between species and adaptations, more encompassing.

These things come together in the triune God, and are unwavering, accomplishing a matter of trust, in the focus of Wisdom.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What if adaptations, were spread out?

Like there was A adaptability and B adaptatbility and the environment separated them as ABBABAABA? If you adapted A, you would have to avoid B, to get to more A; but if you adapted B the same way, you might never adapt more than B (because the environment started with A)?

It's just puzzling, because you don't have a God saying "Yes, that is adaptable; No, everything else is not". Like when you get to Heaven, are you going to be told "no, you have the wrong selection pressure in mind, your adaptations won't work"? God is merciful, He is not going to lead you down a path, that is a dead-end, even banking on mutation is limited by God - God is not an anything goes, kind of God?

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is something we can trust: conflating similar "evolutions", increases our fitness, without us having to change our kind.

The point is you can't conflate similar "evolutions", unless you first objectify the species - so the fitness of "Evolutionists" is compromised, by their own wayward interpretation.

I'm not saying its wrong, not to conflate similar evolutions, as long as you have sufficient readiness (in principle to act when it is asked).

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So every time a moth returns to the light, it is increasing its chances that it will evolve, in connection with the light?

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Predators have a higher cognitive load, relying on a gamble; prey have a lower cognitive load, trusting in alternative.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Doing something at length, requires reattenuation (to the things that constitute it).

If you are playing snakes and ladders, your success is determined by reading snakes and ladders correctly, as you play.

When you make a mouse trap, your success is determined by combining its components at appropriate angles, with the right bait.

This is putting instinct to work, after it has been attuned - expecting it to remain attuning throughout its life, does a disservice to the hope of flourishing correctly (much less surviving).

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A thought occurred to me, Evolution in the world, should be different from Evolution of family.

Jesus said "You should hate your family" - if Evolution tells you to love it, something is wrong!

What about different (animal) lineages for those who are family, would that distinguish them?

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I came across an interesting concept today "cost shifting".

"Design" enables 'cost shifting', and it also enables 'reimagining'.

It all depends on whether you want to keep your design, and how!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Is there a difference between goat adaptations and sheep adaptations, that will never change?

Jesus said "I will divide everything into sheep and goats" - is that an Evolutionary proclamation?

Elsewhere, Jesus says "If you don't choose between hot and cold, I will vomit you out of my mouth" - evidently, there is an 'Evolutionary' impetus (to our survival?) that we can't ignore!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Here's a quote I found interesting, in the light of Evolution:

"When the same person calls you twenty times and you answer the twentieth time: all you are telling them is that twenty calls, is all it takes"

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is a sense, in which we need to know, whether the selection pressure we are dwelling with is working, or whether we ought to find dwelling with another one.

This comes down to the unction of the Holy Spirit.

Those that have the unction of the Holy Spirit will live, those without it will die!