Scripture says "in His Name, the Gentiles will trust" - what will 'Evolutionist Gentiles' trust in Jesus?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The purpose of being ignorant, may simply be that we become strong, trying to negotiate the Creation God is responsible for.

If God meant for the world, to simply save itself, Evolution would make sense - but that is not His purpose.

Living with ignorance, is a good test of character; doing works of God, despite ignorance, is a greater test of spirit and character.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The point is to put the flesh to death.

We don't need to alter (the flesh), wait (for the flesh) to be altered or look through (the flesh) in a way that alters it. This is a momentously hard saying.

If the flesh is anything, it is a servant of the spirit - and for that it needed unity of faith.

That makes it a mystery - why anything would evolve (if unity of the faith by any other measure is enough)!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It comes down to mystery more than you think!

Can you evolve a mystery? No! It is always a mystery.

Can a mystery change? Within certain limits, yes.

This is the mistake people come into, when they confuse their word, with change (change is confused with some degree of mystery and given a word of its own) - accommodating the flesh, with a word, doesn't re-empower the manner in which that word is given; not re-empowering the manner in which a word is given, the greater relation between less and more power is destroyed.

That said, destroying the relation (between less and more power), may make room, for lesser words of integrity.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Let's work out what it's not (regarding the OP):

Gentiles won't trust that Jesus is just going to keep changing, until He is something else altogether.

Gentiles won't trust Jesus to act on them, until they change into something else altogether (and even if they did, He wouldn't let them).

Gentiles won't trust Jesus to make other things in nature, other than they are (and even if they did, He wouldn't let them).

That should set the table, for something great (from God)!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think the humility needed, is that we can complete part of the process (of our species' evolution), we just can't complete all of it (but by the power of God).

The problem is the world is going to lie to us and tell us it can't be done!

We need to man our battle stations and proclaim the Word of the Lord!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If I make less of the Cross, on account of Evolution - then my understanding is limited by what more I can do.

If my understanding is limited by what more I can do, then the experience of the Cross can only grow and grow greatly.

'The one that was forgiven much, loved much; but the one that was forgiven little, loved little' (reversed, from memory, the Gospels) - we need to see Evolution as less of an alternative, than it is claimed to be? Just not not an alternative at all?

There is a possibility that Evolution could be improved, if we knew how to humble ourselves - Lord, it's in Your hands, in Your Name Amen.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I believe that God has taken the restrainer out of the way, of the development of contingencies with the past.

There are going to be just too many alternatives, for Man to choose between, that they all make sense.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think I nailed it again!

God's Evolution, will always be superior, to Man's.

God can bring Man to greater, but never as great or more, than God Himself.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I've just been thinking on Christ, how He handled Himself, and I've come to the conclusion, that there is a process, that is passed on to the young, but I don't think it's necessarily "Evolution".

What I mean is: Christ goes about forging a response, to Creation; Creation sort of creates a "pressure" and Christ gives His response to it and forges the two together - in an experience (which is then passed on, by faith).

This process creates "spiritual experience", that the young (by faith) can then encounter reality by; it's like "evolving" but you are told who and where the predators are - so there is no pressure to become a different "kind".

One would presume, that, by the same faith, the young would pass this forging on, to the next generation after them.

The point is, there is a resistance to pressure and a welcoming of 'conquerable' pressure, that the young of whatever generation is able to favour or disfavour depending on how they want to live.

[I'm not sure what to make of it yet, but there is definitely a "living" that is above and beyond 'surviving'.]

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think when it comes to the fear of God, if I have more (of the fear of God) in Jesus, than anyone else: I'm not going to ask anyone else, for advice.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Here's a concept that Evolutionists haven't previously tied with "Evolution": the concept of doing more, with less.

The concept of more with less, allows you to live above survival - if you can do what is "evolved" with less resources, then you are ultimately doing more than survive.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It has been ages, but I finally understood the subtext behind "Evolution": Evolution supposes that if you believe it, the potential you pass on to your offspring is the greatest.

This isn't true, necessarily.

It's quite possible to pass on the greatest potential, without realising a change of Evolution.

It's just selection pressure, right? Once you have addressed whether or not a selection pressure is applicable, your design remains in view - you can be a-select-pressured (which is neither a question of creation or evolution, but attraction either way)

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think there is a glaring problem with Evolutionists' version of Evolution: they want to evolve, but there is no way they will do it for the Name of God.

Jesus will do it for the Name of God, and that gives them a sense of slight peace, but they are too afraid to stand for it and they are only willing to "wait and see" if it will do them any good.

The reality is, when they get to Heaven, they are going to miss who they were, despite what they could have become - if they remain foolish (which they will, if they copy the World): this is not just sad, its suicidally depressing.

That will take prayer.

The prayer we should be praying, is that they get a grasp of righteousness, that accepts people for who they were (more than they push others to be different).

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Here's a new concept:

Shunting Evolution in, ahead of its momentum, within range, can lead to a double-Evolution.

What is Evolution, if it is doubled? That's for you to find out, and for you to share!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is a difference between what you "think" Evolution is, and what you "intuit" it to be. I think it would be productive to separate out, these two distinctions.

Why? Because what you intuit it to be, should take precedence over what you "think" it is. This is an exercise of reason.

You can only give "intuition" precedence, if you have reached a voracious degree of maturity. Unable to reach this degree, is "lesser Evolution" - lesser tenacity.