• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok.
go ahead and think that an Apostle who is teaching has "sin".

Try to keep in mind what you are reading is a letter written by the Apostle that wrote The Revelation.
If you think that fella had "sin", then this explains why you can't understand that he wouldn't.
Of course he had sin. Only Jesus was sinless. Could John have died for my sins?

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
You have no understanding of what it means to be "in Christ" and that is why what you say has no foundation in the New Testament.

You do not understand that "where there is no Law, there is no Transgression", and that is because you are not a real student of the word.

You do not understand that when Romans 4:8 says that God does not charge a Born again person with their sin, that He is not LYING.
You think he is, because you are full of self and not full of Light.

You do not understand that the born again are ""not under the law but under GRACE"
If you understood anything about the Blood Atonement, you would understand that "Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the Law", and it was the law that defined us as a sinner and our deeds as sin. But after Christ has removed this CURSE, we are no longer judged by the Law, which means we are no longer defined as sinners, or our carnal behavior as sin.

You do not understand that Jesus not only forgave our sin on the Cross but He literally became it and died, = so did your sin.

Now i will give you the benefit of the doubt and say that you are saved.
But you have terrible theology, and you were taught it by someone you need to get away from...asap.

Just gonna harp on a few points right now,first do you know what it means 2 be saved and what you are saved from?2nd Do you know what it actually means to be born again?

And yes I understand what Christ did ,He gave us the ability to repent(in His name) without an animal sacrifice.
Guessing you OSAS

Take it you are perfect right now!!!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Of course he had sin. Only Jesus was sinless. Could John have died for my sins?

If you are "in Christ", then you have the Righteousness of Christ, and Jesus has your sin.
If you have sin, you are not saved.
You can't be both the "temple of the Holy Spirit" and a "sinner".
Wake up.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are "in Christ", then you have the Righteousness of Christ, and Jesus has your sin.
If you have sin, you are not saved.
You can't be both the "temple of the Holy Spirit" and a "sinner".
Wake up.
Of course I can. He who says he has not sin is a liar.

2 Chr. 34:19

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
"confessing sins".
--
Why would you need to confess what does not exist as reality, FOR the believer??

"behold, are you saying that sin does not exist"?

Sure it does, if you are an unbeliever....You are IN your sin, and you will "die in your sin" according to Jesus The Christ, if you do not become Born Again, and you'll end up in the Lake of Fire.

However if you are "In Christ", then your sin is on the Cross,... BECAUSE.... Jesus became your sin and DIED, and....so did your sin.

Now im going to jump way ahead here, and try to take you with me.....ok?

---------

All born again SAINTS, are "seated in Heavenly places In Christ".. right NOW... All Born Again SAINTS are "As Christ is, so are the BORN AGAIN, in this WORLD". right NOW.

So, there is no SIN found there, even if you are down here...... reading my post.

Now here is one more... Romans 4:8, settles the "sinning Christian" issue.. It says that God does not CHARGE the BORN AGAIN with ANY SIN...... and this is a BLESSING.

And why is that? Because God can't Judge TWICE , the same thing..

What does that mean? It means that because Jesus has already been JUDGED for ALL you sin, then this has forever settled God's judgement against all the Born Again.

-----------------------------

So what is the problem with some believers who are repenting and confessing ?

The problem is, they are not able to recognize YET< that "we are translated from Darkness to LIGHT".. We are CHILDREN OF THE LIGHT"... RIGHT NOW !

And what does this mean? It means that your body is here, while your BORN AGAIN SPIRIT Exists within GOD Himself......in Spiritual UNION with GOD and CHRIST.

This is where WE ARE, the REAL US... if we are BORN AGAIN.......even tho we are walking around down here.

So once you see who you are IN CHRIST< and WHERE YOU ARE IN CHRIST, you'll stop thinking about sin, and you'll stop committing "works of the Flesh".

See, when you SEE this, when you get this Revelation of who you have become "" IN CHRIST""", then this will begin to ultimately free you from sin consciousness that is causing you to keep committing "works of the flesh"..

Reader, when you are able to SEE what i just told you, when you get this LIGHT, you will finally begin to "walk in the Spirit".

But until you do, you will keep "walking in the Flesh", and you'll keep committing "works of the flesh"... and you'll keep SEEING YOURSELF as a "sinner" .
-
However, If you WALK IN THE SPIRIT..... If you have the right MIND, the right spiritual understanding, = the Mind of Christ, the knowledge of the Truth,.... then this Truth, that is all of that working as one, will set you FREE to live the Christ empowered Holy Life.
1 John 2:1,2
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

[2] And He is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
John is writing to Christians-immature, but Christian:)

Dont confuse "man" with "born again".
Dont confuse "Hebrews" with "born again Christians".

Verses in the NT, are very interesting, as a single verse can have multiple meanings and multiple dispensations.

I'll give you an example of how a believer who is not trained by a good teacher, will read this verse and become a messed up mess.

"he who endures to the end, the same shall be saved".

This verse is taught by heretics worldwide this way...>"you have to endure to the end to keep yourself saved".

See that? They deceptively flipped the verse into = "keep yourself saved by enduring or be LOST in the END and go to HELL,"... = This abuse of the verse rejects the Gospel, it rejects the Cross, it rejects the blood of Jesus.
Millions do it.

So, look at that verse.....>"he who endures to the end shall be saved, the same shall be saved", ect.

Well, to begin with , you are ALREADY SAVED if you are born again. So, this verse isn't talking to a "time of the Gentiles" Christian, as we are ALREADY SAVED....by the BLOOD OF JESUS..... we dont "endure" to have later, what we have now because we "believed on Jesus" and became a Child of God. = "justified by faith"....ALREADY !!

Also.. "endure to the end".
The end of WHAT?
The end of your life?
The end of the world?
The end of the Great Tribulation?
The end of the Pandemic?

So, the NT , if not taught to you by a really good teacher, ...... be CAREFUL.
You have to have a good teacher in the beginning of your Salvation, or the devil will send you a really bad one, and if that happens, you'll become a heretic, and there is a very good chance that you'll never be able to be rescued from this place of deception, as theological deception is an incredible mental chain once it has you locked down and blinded.
Very difficult to break it and come into the Light.

2 Chr. 34:19

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Verses in the NT, are very interesting, as a single verse can have multiple meanings and multiple dispensations.

I'll give you an example of how a believer who is not trained by a good teacher, will read this verse and become a messed up mess.

This verse is taught by heretics worldwide this way...>"you have to endure to the end to keep yourself saved".

See that? They deceptively flipped the verse into = "keep yourself saved by enduring or be LOST in the END and go to HELL,"... = This abuse of the verse rejects the Gospel, it rejects the Cross, it rejects the blood of Jesus.
Millions do it.

So, look at that verse.....>"he who endures to the end shall be saved, the same shall be saved", ect.

Well, to begin with , you are ALREADY SAVED if you are born again. So, this verse isn't talking to a "time of the Gentiles" Christian, as we are ALREADY SAVED....by the BLOOD OF JESUS..... we dont "endure" to have later, what we have now because we "believed on Jesus" and became a Child of God. = "justified by faith"....ALREADY !!

The end of WHAT?
The end of your life?
The end of the world?
The end of the Pandemic?

You have to have a good teacher in the beginning of your Salvation, or the devil will send you a really bad one, and if that happens, you'll become a heretic, and there is a very good chance that you'll never be able to be rescued from this place of deception, as theological deception is an incredible mental chain once it has you locked down and blinded.
Had a couple of ‘bad’ ones...& was a messed up mess...he who The Son sets free, is free indeed :)

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again,
Dont confuse "any man"....with THE BORN AGIN.
When you do that, as you doing, you are not teaching the Truth.
Why does John call them "my little children"? They are not "his children" unless they have been born again into God's family. He is clearly talking to Christians.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 Chr. 34:19

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
as a single verse can have multiple meanings

There is only one interpretation to every scripture (Proverbs 1:6 (kjv)).

More insight can, however, be gained when we compare scripture with other scripture (1 Corinthians 2:13 (kjv)).

Concerning "enduring to the end"...that verse is interpreted by Ephesians 1:13-14, 2 Corinthians 1:22, 2 Corinthians 5:5.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rather don't confuse a new born baby with a mature adult. Everyone of us was born dead to God when physically born to his mother. There was no unending Life available after Adam and Eve disobeyed in the garden until Jesus was sent to bring that Life to us:

"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." John 10:10

This same Life is what Adam and Eve had in the garden before they disobeyed. They did disobey and lost what they had. People who receive the Life which Jesus brought can foolishly make the same choice as their first natural parents or they can walk on toward maturity in God until the end of their course.

God has never changed. He was no respecter of persons in the OT and is also no respecter of persons in the NT and now. The Apostle you apparently favor over any other teacher clarifies some of the practices that will keep a person from inheriting the kingdom of God:

"Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God." Gal 5:19-21

Being born again [born from above] does not stop us from sinning... from committing one or more of those listed sins. Being born again does means that we have the power in us [Christ in you the hope of glory] that can stop us from sinning.

No matter how truly sorrowful and repentant a person has been in his own past toward God the things of God, if he along his way elects to involve himself in anyone of those activities when in his heart and head he already knows better... to him it is sin. God has never removed from a man the authority to choose his own ways rather than God's Way.

The power of God in us by the Holy Spirit in us [if we have the Holy Spirit in us] makes it possible for us not to sin. We then have access to the power, but if we quench the Holy Spirit [which Paul for this reason warns us not to do in I Thess 5:19] then going on our power alone, we will sin again. This is what happens continuously until we stop quenching the Holy Spirit!

But only God, or a man given God's understanding, can understand and express the appropriate meaning for a specific [not hypothetical] situation!

The only teacher we can always believe is this one:

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26

God does use available vessels [men] filled with the Holy Ghost to teach His truth, but if one of those sometimes anointed teachers should quench the Holy Spirit his teaching becomes empty and worthless. How does a person recognize one who either does not have the Holy Spirit or someone who is quenching the Holy Spirit?

"Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven." Matt 7:16-21

Millions do it.
The blood of Jesus on the cross paid the price to clean us up, but it did not give anyone the power to overcome any sin we might choose to commit after we have acknowledged that Jesus paid that price. These verses explain this:

"When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest; and finding none, he saith, I will return unto my house whence I came out.
And when he cometh, he findeth it swept and garnished.
Then goeth he, and taketh to him seven other spirits more wicked than himself; and they enter in, and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first." Luke 11:24-26

The following verses explain how to receive the remission of sins as per the sacrifice of Jesus and the power to stay clean and grow with God to the end of our course:

"Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call." Acts 2:37-39

It is that quickening Spirit within us, the Holy Spirit, that empowers us to overcome the world of our own temptations as Jesus did.

Our time of trial and growth is our course, the period of time allotted to us here in the flesh on planet Earth.

This is what that verse @Behold is talking about:

"And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved." Matt 10:11

Endure to the end of our "course". Near the very end of his allotted time we read these words penned by Apostle Paul:

"For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.
I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:" II Time 4:6-7

Paul was saying that the death of his flesh was upon him and he was ready for the end, because he had endured. This is what Jesus meant in Matt 10:11!

The blood on Calvary gave us access to a new start, the being "born again", but the outpouring of the Holy Ghost beginning in Acts 2 on that day of Pentecost made available the power to endure to the end of our course with Him.

The end of WHAT?
The end of your life?
The end of the world?
The end of the Pandemic?

Remember that the Only One who is good is God:

"And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God." Mark 10:18

So who should we follow in order to become like Him? None but the one that is good! Every man, who is at times good may, to the extent that he is good, be followed, but if you follow me or Apostle Paul or @Behold blindly then see again what Jesus says:

"And he spake a parable unto them, Can the blind lead the blind? shall they not both fall into the ditch?" Luke 6:39

Last edited:
Reactions: justbyfaith

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Why does John call them "my little children"? They are not "his children" unless they have been born again into God's family. He is clearly talking to Christians.

For the same reason that John is no talking about himself when he says "WE">.

"if WE say, we have no sin"...

John does not have any.
I have explained this to several people, probably you also, about 5x.
You're not paying attention.
This is why you are sinning and repenting and can't stop.
You need to listen.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Yes, the verse does not say...."if you feel like it, follow me (Paul) as i follow Christ".
No apostle other then Paul, tells you to follow them..
If Jesus, if God didnt want you to do this, then it would not be in God's book.
Consider that., @wow"

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"if WE say, we have no sin"...

John does not have any.

John is not one to commit sin; for he is abiding in Christ.

But he is clear in teaching that he himself has sin; and that if he were to deny this plain fact of scripture, he would be deceiving himself and the truth would not be in him..

You are person who is sinning and repenting, and can't stop,

Not really. I walk generally in freedom and victory these days; although if I were to blow it, I know that 1 John 1:9 is a good verse to fall back on.

Reactions: 2 Chr. 34:19