• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul said to follow him as he followed Christ.
This is not a NT suggestion for you to debate

"And they shall say to you, See here; or, see there: go not after them, nor follow them." Luke 17:23

2 Chr. 34:19

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, the verse does not say...."if you feel like it, follow me (Paul) as i follow Christ".
No apostle other then Paul, tells you to follow them..
If Jesus, if God didnt want you to do this, then it would not be in God's book.
Consider that., @wow"
Paul would turn in his grave if he knew people were following him RATHER than Christ :(

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"confessing sins".
--
Why would you need to confess what does not exist as reality, FOR the believer??

"behold, are you saying that sin does not exist"?

Sure it does, if you are an unbeliever....You are IN your sin, and you will "die in your sin" according to Jesus The Christ, if you do not become Born Again, and you'll end up in the Lake of Fire.

However if you are "In Christ", then your sin is on the Cross,... BECAUSE.... Jesus became your sin and DIED, and....so did your sin.

Now im going to jump way ahead here, and try to take you with me.....ok?

---------

All born again SAINTS, are "seated in Heavenly places In Christ".. right NOW... All Born Again SAINTS are "As Christ is, so are the BORN AGAIN, in this WORLD". right NOW.

So, there is no SIN found there, even if you are down here...... reading my post.

Now here is one more... Romans 4:8, settles the "sinning Christian" issue.. It says that God does not CHARGE the BORN AGAIN with ANY SIN...... and this is a BLESSING.

And why is that? Because God can't Judge TWICE , the same thing..

What does that mean? It means that because Jesus has already been JUDGED for ALL you sin, then this has forever settled God's judgement against all the Born Again.

-----------------------------

So what is the problem with some believers who are repenting and confessing ?

The problem is, they are not able to recognize YET< that "we are translated from Darkness to LIGHT".. We are CHILDREN OF THE LIGHT"... RIGHT NOW !

And what does this mean? It means that your body is here, while your BORN AGAIN SPIRIT Exists within GOD Himself......in Spiritual UNION with GOD and CHRIST.

This is where WE ARE, the REAL US... if we are BORN AGAIN.......even tho we are walking around down here.

So once you see who you are IN CHRIST< and WHERE YOU ARE IN CHRIST, you'll stop thinking about sin, and you'll stop committing "works of the Flesh".

See, when you SEE this, when you get this Revelation of who you have become "" IN CHRIST""", then this will begin to ultimately free you from sin consciousness that is causing you to keep committing "works of the flesh"..

Reader, when you are able to SEE what i just told you, when you get this LIGHT, you will finally begin to "walk in the Spirit".

But until you do, you will keep "walking in the Flesh", and you'll keep committing "works of the flesh"... and you'll keep SEEING YOURSELF as a "sinner" .
-
However, If you WALK IN THE SPIRIT..... If you have the right MIND, the right spiritual understanding, = the Mind of Christ, the knowledge of the Truth,.... then this Truth, that is all of that working as one, will set you FREE to live the Christ empowered Holy Life.
Maybe you're not familiar with the content of the Lords prayer. '....forgive us our trespasses and we forgive those who trespass against us...

The angle you're taking using logic at odds with what is revealed will only darken your understanding further.
I have seen folk go down this track before.....I have seen those whose world was open and joyful in the early days and as they embarked further along the road you are promoting loose those attributes for fearfulness and hate and accusation to the point where life long friends were wrongly thought of for no reason once they woke up to the fact that this belief was a crock of pigeon poop. They have now lost their faith altogether.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe you're not familiar with the content of the Lords prayer. '....forgive us our trespasses and we forgive those who trespass against us...

The angle you're taking using logic at odds with what is revealed will only darken your understanding further.
I have seen folk go down this track before.....I have seen those whose world was open and joyful in the early days and as they embarked further along the road you are promoting loose those attributes for fearfulness and hate and accusation to the point where life long friends were wrongly thought of for no reason once they woke up to the fact that this belief was a crock of pigeon poop. They have now lost their faith altogether.
That sounds terrible, but what it doesn't sound like is where this doctrine leads. I'm not certain you really understand the teaching.

It is for freedom that Christ set us free.

He who the son sets free is free indeed.

The law is for the ungodly.

You have died to the law that you might serve Another.

Isn't it better to serve that Other?

Much love!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
This is as bad as a dispensationalist. lol

Cut and piece together theology, until you are willing to look at the entire New Testament as one entity, there is nothing to discuss with you. You've made a mess out of God's Word.
A helpful thing to remember when reading is whether a passage is referring to Israel or the church or to Gentiles (1 Corinthians 10.32).