1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Segregation by "intelligence"

Discussion in 'IT Christian Forum' started by VictoryinJesus, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Job

Job Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Here's something I posted awhile ago. If it pertains to the issue, good. If it doesn't, never mind. :)

***********************************************************************************************************************

People seem to forget these passages even exist. Gentiles aren't required to uphold the physical attributes of the Mosaic Law.

Mark 12
    31 And the second, like it, is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”

Romans 13
    10 Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

Galatians 5
    14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

2. twinc

twinc Well-Known Member

United Kingdom
    yes there is - guess what and where - we have to first really know what love is - twinc

3. Job

Job Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    What are the physical attributes of love? What does one have to physically do to show love?

No riddles...

Helen likes this.
  4. twinc

twinc Well-Known Member

United Kingdom
    therein lies the problem - most Christians have accepted and speak in riddles - so relying on them or oneself is bound to be full of riddles and ridiculous - so just see what the bible has to say as to what love really is[1Jn 4:10/Lk 6:27&32] - twinc

5. Truth

Truth Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    We weren't looking for a new Doctrine, we were looking for the truth! in the new testament there is a verse that claims that if you can convert a scribe, He will bring out of His household treasures both Old and New! there is also an end time Prophecy, that goes like this ! In the last days 10 men from every nation, will grab hold of the Garment of a Jew, and say Let Us go With You, For We Know That God Is With You.<><><><> one last statement, there is also an end time Prophecy that states, In the Last Days the Gentiles will Cry Out, and say surly we have Inherited Lies from our Forefathers thing that are not of God at all, that they are of no profit. not quite the way it goes but it will be easy to find, in one of the later Prophets! I believe that God spoke through His Prophet's, and will keep what was spoken!

Nancy likes this.
  6. Job

Job Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States

How do those passages negate anything I've posted in this thread?

7. bbyrd009

bbyrd009 Groper

Faith:
    Christian
    United States Minor Outlying Islands
    not sure what you even mean here, by "physical attributes," could you rephrase this? ty

8. bbyrd009

bbyrd009 Groper

Faith:
    Christian
    wow, amen, i get this one now

pia likes this.
  9. bbyrd009

bbyrd009 Groper

Faith:
    Christian
    i have done this, too, and i suggest that it might be read with other eyes. These are perspectives that are being addressed, and you are expecting them to manifest in the way that they are presented, when that might not be the case.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  10. pia

pia Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    I believe we are all amazed how He gets us from one 'place' to another and just how patient He has to be with us, because first we have to be willing, and we're not always as willing as we would like to think we are lol

amadeus and bbyrd009 like this.
  11. Helen

Helen Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    Good question indeed...can it be defined easily?
    Isn't it more a heart thing?
    Love is not much good to anyone if never expressed...some kids never know or hear the words confirming love to them.
    In fact my parents never once ever told us kids verbally that they loved us..I never heard it from them once. ( back then it didn't seem to be the done thing...stiff upper lip British and all that)
    But somehow I never had a single doubt that I was loved by them.....hmmm I wonder why?

Very good question Job.
    I must think on this more ( which in my case probably means " I will ask my husband" lol )

Nancy, amadeus, Job and 1 other person like this.
  12. pia

pia Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    Some years ago, having realized that what I thought of as love, wasn't quite the same as Jesus' Love, I started asking and asking.....Once I heard Him say :" Love is an 'action' Word." Bit by bit over a long time I'm understanding it more, and how we do get some things a bit twisted, because of our human ways seeming right to us, until shown otherwise .
    So we can have feelings of love but His Love is always based on action...Compassion can and should move us to Love, as one example...It is the biggest subject of all that I have come across with Him and seems to mean the most to Him also.
    If we could but truly comprehend Gods Love, we wouldn't all be tied up in all sorts of different 'knots', whether to do with our lives, someones else's life, religions, work etc. etc..........If we want to become fit for the Masters use, that is one hurdle we cannot ignore and imho the hardest thing for a human being to actually do....

Nancy, amadeus, Helen and 1 other person like this.
  13. Truth

Truth Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    There is on old adage! it goes like this! Actions speak louder than words, Love is an action word, so when we love we do, Prayer, help, feed, clothing, visit, support others or weaker vessels, and in doing this we do it to our Savior!

Nancy, Enoch111, bbyrd009 and 3 others like this.
  14. pia

pia Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    Amen. The works that come from the faith, which works through Love....Hallelujah !

bbyrd009 likes this.
  15. twinc

twinc Well-Known Member

United Kingdom

what exactly is the problem is that humans think they and other humans know better than God and refuse to accept what Jesus told us true love is - twinc

Nancy and pia like this.
  16. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I hope you do not leave us altogether Victory, Your posts are a blessing, they are so refreshing to me as you get to the root of Christianity "LOVE"...I have learned to avoid the controversial posts as I do not like that spirit...it is NOT from God if not spoken in Love. And, you are correct in saying that

"Church inside a building can also be impersonal." That is the whole reason I sought out this forum...I did not feel connected to many in my Church...but with much prayer, and encouragement from a good handful of LOVING Christians on this site, I find that I can't wait until next Sunday, will be the 1st time since May 30th that I will be going back, have been laid up...so, I do believe God sent me to this site because, since finding it, I have learned a whole lot...I pray for discernment all the time, and pray for all on here as well as my local body to realize God's Love in their lives! I hope you do not stay away too long.
    In His Name,
    -nancy

amadeus and Triumph1300 like this.
  17. aspen

aspen “"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I agree with what you are saying here and I have been guilty of wallowing in the mud, myself. I started out with good intentions, i think most people who are guilty of self righteous behavior do. Unfortunately, there are people here who believe that racism and self righteousness and all sorts of evil are actually good if they are doing it for Jesus. I admit that this attitude is so repungnant that it hooks me more than not.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
    amadeus, bbyrd009 and Nancy like this.
  18. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I just re-read your post @VictoryinJesus , you have a very kind and gentle spirit! And like you, I also "...long for fellowship." When I started on this board, I was struggling with whether or not to leave the local body I belong to...it was a sad struggle as my heart hurt thinking about it but, I left it to our Great God and, He has really spoken to me through not just my prayer, of course, lol..but through this board it has been confirmed several times and I now have a peace about it. I will keep my eyes on Jesus and love others where I see a need that I believe He is asking me to fulfill.
    God Bless you sister,
    -nancy

19. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    "But then again I do not see intelligence and wisdom in the same box." <---Ditto sister, and I thank God for that! Have made way too many wrong choices in life, and praying for His wisdom and Him to help me to make correct choices has brought me far, and fast. "Be it done unto you according to your faith" Do not know the scripture but, I bet you do! lol. Awesome story about your father!
    " As for myself...I find no life in the intellectual threads...( I don't understand them! :D) <---you and me both! I feel almost stupid! I love the simplicity of Jesus ♥
    Good post.

20. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    aspen likes this.