Self analysis of your Christian witness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
"And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer" Rev 10:6
yes, exactly how your dog already perceives right now, see. Time as a perception is being addressed here imo.
See, it is...3:40 pm for your dog right now too, right, just go tell him that and see how much he appreciates it :)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
If you believe as I do, that our work is to believe on Him who He sent.
John 6:28 " Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent."
as long as also produces works meet for rebound(repentance), cool.
But we can easily observe that many cry Lord, Lord, right, w/o this fruit.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Then I agree...If it be to "fight our flesh"...wrestle with the dead old man within...fight to overcome sin....then we are not on the same page..

What sayest thou ? ;)
imo there is a time for that, too, it is not a sin, at least until it becomes the final goal anyway

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i am not completely against it, but neither do i see the works unto rebound that it (which can only ever be a "perception," after all) might produce?

God has gone to apparently some ends to make our perception of time a persistent illusion--if illusion is even the right characterization, which i doubt--and if you have recognized the inabsolute nature of time, that still does not mean you have escaped it by any means, right; you, with your current beliefs there, will still be affected by time, you will still die, to skip to the end iow

So right now i have to reflect upon how clever you are, certainly, but imo Breaking the Software is not Running the Program, so to speak
On the contrary, it should be clear that God has purposely hidden the truth from the evil [tares] among us, and only eluded to the greater truth by means of His spirit, which is the only means by which the truth is revealed. But, this, through the course of time. Even so, even the language used should be key to the prudent and the reasonable: Beginning with Himself as the [timeless] "I am" who Christ then indicates as "perfect" and finishes saying that we too shall also be perfect, meaning spirit and timeless. Christ further shows Himself as "God with us" and goes about preaching "Today" as the theme of His ministry. Then it is all confirmed by His apostles, saying that He was slain before the foundation of the world (and yet before their very eyes), as the greater truth. Also, that even we "were" crucified and raised up with Him. But these things, though they are undeniably the illusion in explanation, fall on deaf ears...which will continue until the fullness of the gentiles has come in.

Have I spoke in error. Surely not, but rather I quote it as it is written.

He also made it perfectly clear that we are otherwise "captives." Therefore, skipping to the end is not a shortcut for the super holy, but a matter of receiving that which Christ came to deliver...and matter of "entering in" to our "rest" even in the flesh and until the times are fulfilled.

Still, you do not perceive time for what it is. Does not every day bring you closer to that rest of which is promised - if you will receive it? Is each day not like another word or revelation, a stepping stone? And being that He has called this time of revelation, the fulfillment of His "Word." Why then, do you not consider it His form of media to the world? Surely, this is all His Word in living color - in 3D!

But He tells you that His words are spirit, and I tell you the time that it takes for you to receive it is [only] media...and you do not get it?

Nonetheless, those who are set free, need not escape.

The current software has fatal errors.

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True..that stops me in my tracts. :)
But yet, so many have a warped idea about what "our work" is!o_O

If you believe as I do, that our work is to believe on Him who He sent.
John 6:28 " Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent."
And if you also agree that our work of faith in constant abiding. And the work of turning from the whispers of the Enemy and harkening to the voice of God.... and the work of an attitude of thanksgiving in all things...etc
Then I agree...If it be to "fight our flesh"...wrestle with the dead old man within...fight to overcome sin....then we are not on the same page..

What sayest thou ? ;)
Oh I agree. The question is, What is necessary to express our belief on the him who was sent? It certainly requires more than simply saying the words with our mouth. If we really believe we will do whatever it takes as we realize what it takes. What it takes is likely to change and increase for us as we walk with Him. We receive more and He requires more.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
fruit can only be produced in time, for us. There is no other way
In the time that we have until there is no more. Paul spoke of having finished his course [II Tim 4:7]. Was it likely that he was about to die physically when he wrote that?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Quote- amadeus,
The question is, What is necessary to express our belief on the him who was sent?
Is that not what FAITH is all about?
Isn't our response of faith and thanksgiving all that God looks for?

Amadeus- It certainly requires more than simply saying the words with our mouth.
Yes, agree, faith is much more than words.

Amadeus - If we really believe we will do whatever it takes as we realize what it takes.

Okay then tell me what you believe that it takes.
Or are we talking about reckoning the old man dead?

Amadeus - What it takes is likely to change and increase for us as we walk with Him. We receive more and He requires more.

Hmmm ....so what do you believe is 'the more'?
I see no "more" except the 'more' that Paul spoke about...his cry was " Oh that I may know Him...."

I am intrigued..maybe I am faithing it too much...what more should I be doing?
Much blessing...H

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah, gimme that again, if you would? ty

but wadr "the" interpretation has me skeptical already, ok
God has by manifesting all of creation according to things on high shown in parable the truth of God. God then established the standard for truth as being His own, showing that He is perfect and also timeless, saying, not "I was" or "I will be", but "I am." Christ, then confirmed it, saying, "The kingdom of heaven (of God) is like...", and "today." Which I now elaborate, saying nothing different, but more of the same. If I have not, then tell me. But I have.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Einstein never went so far; he IDed the perception of time as an illusion, but not time itself;
time is built in to space in Einstein's model; (although i see the world doing all they can to diminish this as well, hmm)
...for us physicists believe the separation between past, present, and future is only an illusion, although a convincing one... -- Albert Einstein.

But that is just a glimpse from the best that science has to offer. I would refer you to the greater authority of God.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes, exactly how your dog already perceives right now, see. Time as a perception is being addressed here imo.
See, it is...3:40 pm for your dog right now too, right, just go tell him that and see how much he appreciates it :)
My dogs are gone now, but when they were with me, without looking at the clock, they always knew when it was time to go for their walk.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@"ByGrace"
Amadeus said: The question is, What is necessary to express our belief on the him who was sent?
ByGrace said: Is that not what FAITH is all about?
Isn't our response of faith and thanksgiving all that God looks for?

And the response should be...?
"Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone." James 2:17
What it means to me is that faith produces works. If it does not it is dead and is not the real faith God desires

Amadeus said: If we really believe we will do whatever it takes as we realize what it takes.

ByGrace said: Okay then tell me what you believe that it takes.
Or are we talking about reckoning the old man dead?

What is takes is what God speaks to our heart as we are believing in Him. There is no single specific answer in general. The answer for you is your answer from God when you are with and in Him. As you grow stronger or closer to Him, will He not require more? Remember Luke 12:48

Remember also as per the above verse that your faith is to be producing works. These are NOT man instigated works. These are works instigated by the Holy Spirit in you as your faith continues and increases.

Last edited: