Self analysis of your Christian witness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
The current software has fatal errors.
so you say, but i note that the sow/reap mechanism is functioning perfectly, has not broken down even a little, that i can tell.
You are even allowed to peek around the edge, right, and see time for the flexible reality that it is. So wadr i suggest that we are also the software writers of our subroutines, and i would be seeking any fatal errors there

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
But the commission is to witness, which by the power of God makes disciples.
one would think that the briefest reflection on the notorious unreliability of eyewitnesses would at least be a consideration in the equation, if that is going to be one's definition of "witness?"

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
...for us physicists believe the separation between past, present, and future is only an illusion, although a convincing one... -- Albert Einstein.

But that is just a glimpse from the best that science has to offer. I would refer you to the greater authority of God.
i would refer you to the fact that Einstein only "believed" what you "know." He believes the separation is an illusion. So do i; but that belief has no practical applications, at least for me anyway. The practical application imo is to embrace that my perspective is only relevant to me; not to deny that my perspective has any relevance. Again, you are literally a clock, in your current form at least, imo

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Bound? Yes, as in "captive" and in need of a Savior...whom has come. Hallelujah!
So then, Christ came to save you from time, and not sin?
Grasp that time is perceived differently by God, or maybe does not even exist on some other plane where God also is, and i am saved?

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isn't our response of faith and thanksgiving all that God looks for?
May I butt in? Faith and thanksgiving are w-o-n-d-e-r-f-u-l!!
The word 'all' is the stickler...
I know exactly what God is looking for, waiting for, longing for, watching for...
you.
Your very heart.
For you to know Him
intimately every second, forever.
He wants your love....like we want air;
like a crying baby
needs to be held.

:)

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"TOOOOOOOOOOOO MORROW, TOMORROW,
OBSESSED WITH TOMORROW?
THERE'S FREE BEER, TOMORROW, OK?
Well since you put it that way, I guess I'll have to show up tomorrow. Where is that free beer now? Note that I fell in love with beer during my year in Germany [1969-1970]. In the United States I always have to drink imported beer or more expensive beer to enjoy. I honestly haven't had a beer in a couple of years now.

But again, where is it going to be?

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i doubt physical death was even relevant to Paul at that point tbh. Hence why there is no "third death" in Scripture imo.
Of course he may have been speaking of being completely dead [ question from @VictoryinJesus ] or already being an overcomer before they threw the dirt over his face.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then, Christ came to save you from time, and not sin?
Perhaps while we have time [or are in time], we have the temptations which when followed lead us to sin. When time completely gone from us, so are those temptations.
Grasp that time is perceived differently by God, or maybe does not even exist on some other plane where God also is, and i am saved?
When you get to that other plane with God and are not coming back ever then you would certainly be saved. This brings us back to my question as to the possibility of overcoming or being finally saved while still in the veil of flesh with time remaining.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that is avoiding the point, which is that even looking at the clock would not have served them
The dogs are perhaps then where we have wanted and even strived to be. Without time. Are we clutching at straws of difference because of semantics, connotations, communication failures, or...?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i do; i just do not consider it static or sterile, as it has life in it. Your kids are your form of media to the world, and the end of them is sure, crystal clear, too, see
There is nothing static or sterile about God's word or His manifestations, yet He has clearly indicated that we are ourselves just now experiencing, "was" "before the foundation of the world." Why do you not believe it, as if your understanding and being last to know, is the greater truth? Who is likely wrong, Him or you? And if I agree with Him, why do you disagree with me?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
the possibility of overcoming or being finally saved while still in the veil of flesh with time remaining.
work while you can
imo. why we cannot work at night is irrelevant; that we are cautioned to work while we can is, for night is coming, when no one can work

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Why do you not believe it,
understand that it is not bc i don't believe it, but bc it has no relevance to my perspective, and i do not pursue it for the same reason that you do not answer what works this pov engenders in you, unto rebound. Show me one of those, and i will gladly follow

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
in time, yes. But imo denying that you have an active part seems to be a goal for you, am i misunderstanding that?
Yes, you misunderstand. I am not denying an active roll. On the contrary, we all play our part as appointed by God. And if you can grasp the abstract idea that what we now experience "was" before the foundation of the world...then we could go on to speak of what "was" "before", but now "is", being in "real time", with virtually no time difference between now and then. But, if you are stuck on the whole idea that everything exists on a timeline, then you will not be able or ready to conceive it.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Yes, you misunderstand. I am not denying an active roll. On the contrary, we all play our part as appointed by God. And if you can grasp the abstract idea that what we now experience "was" before the foundation of the world...then we could go on to speak of what "was" "before", but now "is", being in "real time", with virtually no time difference between now and then. But, if you are stuck on the whole idea that everything exists on a timeline, then you will not be able or ready to conceive it.
your pov asserts that Hitler, specifically, was already known @ the beginning; when i would assert that the principle was known, eternal, and Hitler was just a manifestation of the eternal principle (briefly)