Self analysis of your Christian witness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Time, is the key. It is the way of the world. But the kingdom and the future, is not of the world. So, if we continue in the illusion of time, we pass away.
time is also the way of the earth, albeit without a watch.
If what you say was true, then Christ would not have needed to come in to time to demonstrate Grace; what would have been the point? The kingdom and the future is of the Erets, see, "on Earth as it is in heaven," so if you deny the reality of time as a perception, when can you overcome?

And this "time is an illusion" is crap anyway, wadr, it is materiality that is the illusion, right.
It is the perception of time as an Absolute that is the illusion, not time itself.
It is the perception of time as an Absolute that is the illusion, not time itself. - Google Search
so then Time is more properly deemed a Perception, not an Illusion, regardless of what the titler of that video mistakenly thinks; look at all the rest
Understand I AM.
imo

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
But these are the times of God
i thot time was an illusion
pouring out His spirit upon all flesh...which requires the ultimate choice between God and the world (of time).
k, just don't forget that time exists in the earth too, our domain, i'm all for tossing the clock but that means BeHereNow, which implies time perception.
Then comes the end.
so much for time being illusive then, huh

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
the only time we really can take hold of is NOW.
@bbyrd009 said..
a completely diff prop imo, i must be misunderstanding i guess

The only time 'we' have in this flesh in TODAY, THIS MOMENT...we do not know about the next breath..'we' do not control the next breath.
So as Amadeus mentioned we can only put all we have into NOW, this moment.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

He thinks that we all speak his short-hand language. ;)
I presumed he means something like District Attorney or something like that. It keeps our brains busy trying to work it all out! Ha!
Must be good for us. :)

Reactions: bbyrd009 and ScottA

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some of us do, over and over...but it doesn't sink in with many. :)
It is not finished until it is finished. What? Jesus had finished the work that the Father had for him as a man. Have we finished our work?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
why don't ppl ever insert "it is finished" right in here, i wonder?

isn't God doing stuff in a time called "now?"
This is a fair and reasonable question.

Most consider the world timeline the truth, and most who hear of the timelessness of God consider it one or the other, and therefore do not receive it. So, then, "It is finished" gets lumped in with the idea of the timeline of the world being correct and timelessness being foolishness. But it is both.

But, if one does not understand the one (the world in parable and the object thereof), how can they understand the other (which is the subject of the parable)?

So, God has given the parable, and I have given the interpretation as it first came from Christ. But many are turned back.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i thot time was an illusion
k, just don't forget that time exists in the earth too, our domain, i'm all for tossing the clock but that means BeHereNow, which implies time perception.
so much for time being illusive then, huh
No, you misunderstand. Time is indeed an illusion...just as the subject of a parable is not the object. But time, rather, is the media of a God.

The end is simply the end of the parable message unto all generations. The earth, then, no longer has the purpose of the parable by its object, but the purpose of the subject...which is God, whom is spirit, and timeless.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
a completely diff prop imo, i must be misunderstanding i guess
We are most definitely bound by time according to our flesh and according to scripture:

Ecc 3:1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
Ecc 3:2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
Ecc 3:3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
Ecc 3:4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
Ecc 3:5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
Ecc 3:6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
Ecc 3:7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
Ecc 3:8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

Job 7:1 Is there not an appointed time to man upon earth? are not his days also like the days of an hireling?
Job 14:14 If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come.

Do you not suppose that there is a difference if we "live again"?

I believe that there is and apparently @ScottA does, but can we even conceive Life without time? What exactly in eternity? Believing in it does not necessarily mean understanding it, does it?

1Jn 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." I John 3:2

Because we are bound by time may we presume that God is. I know that some believers believe that He is but consider what the following verse and what it seems to mean:

"For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren." Romans 8:29

Some use it to support predestination. Perhaps it simply means God effectively knows everything that is "going" [future?] to happen because being outside of time itself He always sees the whole picture. We, as carnal men, see only the particular slide displayed by the projector in this moment. The next moment there is likely be a different slide displayed. Man has written his stories and made his movies about people who are able to travel backward and forward in time with all the potential for contradiction or destruction ourselves and/or our history and/or our future. He has difficulty in writing a set of principles that works given what we think we know and given the limitations within ourselves, but what if God...

This is stepping into a real place of faith if you believe that God could be or is outside of time and time is really going to end...

"And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer" Rev 10:6

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is not finished until it is finished. What? Jesus had finished the work that the Father had for him as a man. Have we finished our work?

True..that stops me in my tracts. :)
But yet, so many have a warped idea about what "our work" is!o_O

If you believe as I do, that our work is to believe on Him who He sent.
John 6:28 " Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent."
And if you also agree that our work of faith in constant abiding. And the work of turning from the whispers of the Enemy and harkening to the voice of God.... and the work of an attitude of thanksgiving in all things...etc
Then I agree...If it be to "fight our flesh"...wrestle with the dead old man within...fight to overcome sin....then we are not on the same page..

What sayest thou ? ;)

Reactions: amadeus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
This is a fair and reasonable question.

Most consider the world timeline the truth, and most who hear of the timelessness of God consider it one or the other, and therefore do not receive it. So, then, "It is finished" gets lumped in with the idea of the timeline of the world being correct and timelessness being foolishness. But it is both.

But, if one does not understand the one (the world in parable and the object thereof), how can they understand the other (which is the subject of the parable)?

So, God has given the parable, and I have given the interpretation as it first came from Christ. But many are turned back.
i am not completely against it, but neither do i see the works unto rebound that it (which can only ever be a "perception," after all) might produce?

God has gone to apparently some ends to make our perception of time a persistent illusion--if illusion is even the right characterization, which i doubt--and if you have recognized the inabsolute nature of time, that still does not mean you have escaped it by any means, right; you, with your current beliefs there, will still be affected by time, you will still die, to skip to the end iow

So right now i have to reflect upon how clever you are, certainly, but imo Breaking the Software is not Running the Program, so to speak

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
No, you misunderstand. Time is indeed an illusion...just as the subject of a parable is not the object. But time, rather, is the media of a God.

The end is simply the end of the parable message unto all generations. The earth, then, no longer has the purpose of the parable by its object, but the purpose of the subject...which is God, whom is spirit, and timeless.
and how has this produced better works for you, then?