Separate Posts

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mark s

Nov 12, 2010
As I often have limited time to post, I will tend to answer a number of posts in a sitting. I have noticed that as I post a new reply, it becomes added to my last reply, and as I post more, the length of this post grows, and become rather cumbersom to read, especially as I am addressing several people.

Is there a way to post consecutively without the posts being joined into one?

Thank you for your help!

Love in Christ,
Mark

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark, there is not I am afraid. We have a 48 hour merge rule when it comes to consecutive posts.

Unfortunately, we had a number of members post entire short books, chapters or other copy + paste correspondence in numerous threads. We would end up with 2,3,4,5+ posts in a row by a single member which would effectively take over the thread in terms of visual space. Other members would bump their topics throughout the day as well.

We had to do this acknowledging the consequence that posters like yourself, who tend to be detailed in replies to multiple members, might have longer length posts. It's a bit of a tradeoff I acknowledge, but it's better than the alternative in terms of readability.

mark s

Nov 12, 2010
Ok, there it is!

So then hopefully I can receive more frequent replies to help me mix it up a bit!

:D

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is a trade off...You can't start another point until somebody else responds...

I do like the boxes that the quotes go in...much better than scrolling down 2 feet to see the response! :)

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark, yes, that's kinda the goal and hope! :D

Episkopos, yep we wanted to do away with the long threads, so that was the other prong of our fix. I don't know why this community felt the need to quote every long post in virtually every reply, but it was happening so we compromised! ;)

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, I think it is much better this way.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simple. They cannot make 10 posts in a row that yields the equivalent of a short book. The character limit will be hit. ;)

It worked quite well for the issues we had.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark, there is not I am afraid. We have a 48 hour merge rule when it comes to consecutive posts.

Unfortunately, we had a number of members post entire short books, chapters or other copy + paste correspondence in numerous threads. We would end up with 2,3,4,5+ posts in a row by a single member which would effectively take over the thread in terms of visual space. Other members would bump their topics throughout the day as well.

We had to do this acknowledging the consequence that posters like yourself, who tend to be detailed in replies to multiple members, might have longer length posts. It's a bit of a tradeoff I acknowledge, but it's better than the alternative in terms of readability.

I did contact you before I posted anything extreme.