Shocked by the Bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Book Link to Shocked by the Bible http://shop.wnd.com/store/item.asp?ITEM_ID=2453This stunning fact is just one of hundreds pointed out in "Shocked by the Bible: The Most Astonishing Facts You've Never Been Told" by Joe Kovacs, the executive news editor of WND.If you read the Bible, there's one must-read book you've simply got to have: "Shocked by the Bible." We're not kidding!Did you know?Jesus said no one has gone to heaven except Himself "Three Wise Men" appear nowhere in the Bible, and none are ever mentioned visiting baby Jesus in a Bethlehem manger The Bible doesn't say Jesus died on a Friday, or rose from the grave Sunday morning There were not just two of every kind of animal aboard Noah's Ark These are just some of the startling facts revealed in "Shocked by the Bible: The Most Astonishing Facts You've Never Been Told," the stunning new book by WND executive news editor Joe Kovacs. It's a fresh, amazing look at what's actually found in the pages of the greatest book of all time."If you think you really know the Bible, better think again. Joe Kovacs takes a close look at the greatest story ever told and separates myth from reality," raves Fox News anchor Bill O'Reilly. "My favorite parts of the book deal with Christmas and Easter. Check out 'Shocked by the Bible.' You may well be shocked

crooner

Aug 11, 2007
Lots of people have known this stuff. It took a main stream christian to finally write a book about it. Adventist have preached this stuff for years. I am not a SDA but I have learned lots of stuff from them. Even though i disagree with some things they believe. There is lots of light shed on truth we just have to seek the truth.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Sorry I cant give SDA any credit because they got a few things right when they got so many others wrong it just puts them like most other religions part truth part fiction I have not read the book but Many of the things in the advertisement we have said here because it's in the scripture or not depending on the subject, but most prefer to adhere to religious traditions rather than Gods turth

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
I might get that book. I wonder what his stance is on the "lost tribes"? He is one of the few out of many people that realize that Abraham, Isaac and Jacob were not "Jews". We've been saying that on this forum all along. A simple study of genealogy confirms that fact when we know the etymology of the word "Jew" and that Israelites are not descended from Jews, but rather from Jacob (Israel). Many people get emotionally defensive of that thought as if wildly swinging their arms and ranting just because we talk about the Abrahamic Covenant here that we don't understand "spiritual" things. They then quote verses like Titus 3:9 to justify their obliviousness to the fact that the bible is a thick book of genealogies. Amazing how brainwashed they are by parroting such things.This guy reminds me of Herbert W. Armstrong. He would say, "Don't believe me. It's there in your bible, friend." In a like manner, may vociferous Christians warned about this man and his "cult" which is a fancy catch-word when one is little understood lest someone would actually question things and think for themselves instead of being cattled and corralled like the masses.

crooner

Aug 11, 2007
Believe be Christina I agree about SDAs. I do believe God gives certain light to people or groups that are not perfect. Look at this guy that wrote the book. I bet a million dollars he is not correct on every doctorine in the bible, and yet he's got a block buster.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
You mean Jesus wasn't born Decemeber 25th midnight sharp local Israeli time?And there weren't 3 wise men moving in a slow procession holding their gifts in front of them?And there weren't cattle and sheep complacently and evenly spaced around the manger to greet the wise men and shepherds?Ah shucks!
biggrin.gif

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
QUOTE (tim_from_pa @ Dec 26 2008, 09:15 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=66609
You mean Jesus wasn't born Decemeber 25th midnight sharp local Israeli time?And there weren't 3 wise men moving in a slow procession holding their gifts in front of them?And there weren't cattle and sheep complacently and evenly spaced around the manger to greet the wise men and shepherds?Ah shucks!
biggrin.gif

What about the little drummer boy? Now, I know Santa clause had to have stopped by and nealed at the manger with his hat over his heart.