Should Christians not participate in Halloween?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And people don't think this kind of information should be known to the professionals working with the children?????? (BTW, that "friend" is already spreading third-hand hearsay information around, is she not? And now it is coming to us as fourth-hand gossip.)
The issue is not that "professionals" (I guess you mean teachers) know if a child is being abused. How many times do I have to say this? The issue is that the federal government is collecting extremely personal data on children and families without their knowledge or consent....

Reactions: Nancy

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The issue is not that "professionals" (I guess you mean teachers) know if a child is being abused. How many times do I have to say this? The issue is that the federal government is collecting extremely personal data on children and families without their knowledge or consent....
So, if consent was made through the act of registering a child for school (like it is when we join forums, or join FaceBook, or simply open certain sites.), then you would be OK with it? You know, that verbiage might already be in the paperwork parents sign....

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's pretty invasive. The teacher I spoke with told me they do the same thing in Christian schools - so the powers that be who want this info are targeting Christian kids as well. I don't know if it's in every Christian school.

I don't get why they want this information. Have you found that out? It's invasive to be sure. I was just told of something a school counselor did in a group talk in school and it was invasive into families. A friend's daughter is a school counselor and she told me kids are really troubled coming to her about their gender. It must be because of what Hollywood is pushing. She has suicidal kids too.

So what do you recommend - homeschooling?

Good morning, and good questions!

I recommend that every Christian parent pray about how God would have them educate their children and do what He says. Even though I was a public school teacher, I ended up home schooling my children. I would have put them in a Christian school, but we couldn't afford it. Now, I'm glad that we couldn't because home schooling ended up being the best option for us.

One thing Christian parents need to consider about Christian schools is that these schools sometimes use the same assessments as public schools. In fact, they probably do most of the time. When I talk about "assessments." I'm talking about what they used to call standardized achievement tests.

The reason they are now called "assessments" is that they assess much more than academic knowledge. They also include questions that are designed to assess the "affective domain," which has to do with the child's attitudes, beliefs and values. So, if Johnny is taught at home that God made boys to be boys and girls to be girls, this could be revealed by affective questions on an assessment.

This has been going on since the '70s. They are now perfecting this means to collect data on children's beliefs. The U.S. Department of Education's National Center for Education Statistics installed a mega computer in the '80s to begin collecting this kind of data. Well, it was mega for back then, lol. I can only imagine their capacity to collect and store personal information now.

Last edited:

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, if consent was made through the act of registering a child for school (like it is when we join forums, or join FaceBook, or simply open certain sites.), then you would be OK with it? You know, that verbiage might already be in the paperwork parents sign....

Do you think that school systems explain all of this to parents on the registration form?? Really? They don't!

I can see it now: "Dear parents, if you register your child in a public school, you are consenting to assessments and other methods of collecting data on your child's belief system. This data will be sent to the federal government and stored at the National Center for Education Statistics. You will have no control over what kind of personal data is collected on your child and your family, and you will have no control over what is done with this data...." Now, this would be a truthful disclaimer, but parents will never be told this.

Most teachers don't even know what I'm telling you. This probably goes for many administrators. When I was a public school teacher, I didn't have a clue about all the reforms coming down from the U.S. Department of Education. I didn't understand their agenda. Now, I do, and every parent can know this.

Last edited:

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good morning, and good questions!

I recommend that every Christian parent pray about how God would have them educate their children and do what He says. Even though I was a public school teacher, I ended up home schooling my children. I would have put them in a Christian school, but we couldn't afford it. Now, I'm glad that we couldn't because home schooling ended up being the best option for us.

One thing Christian parents need to consider about Christian schools is that these schools sometimes use the same assessments as public schools. In fact, they probably do most of the time. When I talk about "assessments." I'm talking about what they used to call standardized achievement tests.

The reason they are now called "assessments" is that they assess much more than academic knowledge. They also include questions that are designed to assess the "affective domain," which has to do with the child's attitudes, beliefs and values. So, if Johnny is taught at home that God made boys to be boys and girls to be girls, this could be revealed by affective questions on an assessment.

This has been going on since the '70s. They are now perfecting this means to collect data on children's beliefs. The U.S. Department of Education's National Center for Education Statistics installed a mega computer in the '80s to begin collecting this kind of data. Well, it was mega for back then, lol. I can only imagine their capacity to collect and store personal information now.

Why are they doing this though? Is it because they want to re-educate those who have been instilled with Christian beliefs?

I'm very afraid of public school. I think that so much goes on that parents are unaware of that it makes me nervous. But then I saw that one of our children was influenced negatively by a boy in the church we attended! It was the last thing I expected. I thought we were safe since he came from a Christian home. It turned out his father was a maniac and influenced his son even though his mother was a Christian.

But I'd like to know why the government is mining all this data on students. Of course it sounds creepy but why?

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In one sentence, Bloom’s Taxonomy is a hierarchical ordering of cognitive skills that can, among countless other uses, help teachers teach and students learn.
Okay, what you've said more-or-less applies to the cognitive domain, but what about the affective domain?

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are they doing this though? Is it because they want to re-educate those who have been instilled with Christian beliefs?

I'm very afraid of public school. I think that so much goes on that parents are unaware of that it makes me nervous. But then I saw that one of our children was influenced negatively by a boy in the church we attended! It was the last thing I expected. I thought we were safe since he came from a Christian home. It turned out his father was a maniac and influenced his son even though his mother was a Christian.

But I'd like to know why the government is mining all this data on students. Of course it sounds creepy but why?

You should NOT be afraid. Jesus said not to fear what man can do. :)

If you read the end of THE Book, you will see where all of this is heading. We know that one day an evil world ruler that some call the antichrist will be in control. I don't believe this day is too far away. All of this is preparing for his reign.

But really, Christians should not be afraid. Jesus said, "Let not your heart be troubled." :)

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you think that school systems explain all of this to parents on the registration form?? Really? They don't!

I can see it now: "Dear parents, if you register your child in a public school, you are consenting to assessments and other methods of collecting data on your child's belief system. This data will be sent to the federal government and stored at the National Center for Education Statistics. You will have no control over what kind of personal data is collected on your child and your family, and you will have no control over what is done with this data...." Now, this would be a truthful disclaimer, but parents will never be told this.

Most teachers don't even know what I'm telling you. This probably goes for many administrators. When I was a public school teacher, I didn't have a clue about all the reforms coming down from the U.S. Department of Education. I didn't understand their agenda. Now, I do, and every parent can know this.

I've read that teachers have even quit over this. I'm very concerned and going to pray about this. I think this is providential.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
honestly all our info is available through s.s numbers there is no real privacy i know folks who panic with a picture on f,b . its like this i have a 2017 chevy malibu needs cad converter 88000 miles. can't get the part due to uaw strike.. so i decided google gm found customer service number. they asked for vin # .its in the shop so with just my first name last name they got it.. privacy ?

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If you read the end of THE Book, you will see where all of this is heading. We know that one day an evil world ruler that some call the antichrist will be in control. I don't believe this day is too far away. All of this is preparing for his reign.

But really, Christians should not be afraid. Jesus said, "Let not your heart be troubled." :)
Yet you seem to feel the sky is falling.
I am not a Dispensationalist Defeatist who thinks God has already lost everything, so He is going to just destroy all that He created. But, if you feel this way, why on Earth would you want to thwart God's ultimate plans? Shouldn't you be cheering that all is going as He wants it to?

Reactions: Waiting on him

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I used to believe that God had the bases covered until one of my children was very negatively affected by a boy in church no less. I now believe that God expects us to be vigilant. "Be sober, be vigilant..."

I've already seen that the police state is upon us and I cannot stand it. Police shot and killed my neighbor's unarmed grandson and got away with it. We see the massive spying. Gone are the carefree days of my youth - these kids will never have those innocent days watching June and Ward and it makes me sad for today's youth. I just wonder what God expects of US in it all. I do believe that we shouldn't send kids to public school and you just confirmed that.

I too believe that the end is very close. I've had an uneasy feeling for months that I can't explain. I was speaking with someone knowledgeable who told me that many Americans sense that something is deeply wrong but they don't know what it is. I believe that God called me to begin studying Revelations. It's very deep and full of imagery and is difficult to go through as I'm seeking to understand it. But it's not hard to see that all that was predicted has come to pass.

But I'm just wondering what they plan to do with all the data that they mine from these kids.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
honestly all our info is available through s.s numbers there is no real privacy i know folks who panic with a picture on f,b . its like this i have a 2017 chevy malibu needs cad converter 88000 miles. can't get the part due to uaw strike.. so i decided google gm found customer service number. they asked for vin # .its in the shop so with just my first name last name they got it.. privacy ?
LOL! You're comparing auto parts to private information about children's beliefs and attitudes?? Okay, this is over the top!

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I told my elderly neighbor about the lack of privacy and she was very upset when she came over and I showed her that she was on the internet and anyone could zoom in on where she lived.

I don't like lack of privacy.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL! You're comparing auto parts to private information about children's beliefs and attitudes?? Okay, this is over the top!

Prayer Warrior - what is the government doing with all this information?

This is the perfect topic for Halloween - a true horror that is afoot.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has a hubcap ever flipped-out and shot up a school full of children? We NEED to make ourselves aware of children who may be developing these ideas of revenge. It is happening far too often to continue to ignore or keep secret.