Should Christians not participate in Halloween?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet you seem to feel the sky is falling.
I am not a Dispensationalist Defeatist who thinks God has already lost everything, so He is going to just destroy all that He created. But, if you feel this way, why on Earth would you want to thwart God's ultimate plans? Shouldn't you be cheering that all is going as He wants it to?

LOL!!! Not the sky is falling fallacy!

My dear brother in Christ, when God LED me into this fight for parents and children, He gave me this verse:

Ephesians 5:11--Don't participate in the fruitless works of darkness, but instead expose them.

Would you have parents remain ignorant about what the schools are doing??? Knowing what the devil is doing is NOT thwarting God's plan. Parents praying for God's guidance in decisions about how their children should be educated is more crucial than ever!

This is what God commands parents to do:

Ephesians 6:4--"Fathers, don’t stir up anger in your children, but bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord."

Parents need to know when schools are undermining their God-given authority to obey this command.

Reactions: Soverign Grace

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prayer Warrior - what is the government doing with all this information?

This is the perfect topic for Halloween - a true horror that is afoot.

This info is being used to create psychological profiles on children in the guise of preventing school violence, among other things.
It's being used to mold curriculum and assessments. The curriculum teaches politically-correct beliefs, and assessments assess whether these beliefs are being adopted by the child....

This is called "affective education." And yes, this is a horror!

Reactions: Soverign Grace

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This info is being used to create psychological profiles on children in the guise of preventing school violence, among other things.
It's being used to mold curriculum and assessments. The curriculum teaches politically-correct beliefs, and assessments assess whether these beliefs are being adopted by the child....

This is called "affective education." And yes, this is a horror!

So in effect it's an attempt at "re-educating" them to believe as the powers that be want them to believe and not as parents want them to believe?

Wasn't it Hitler who said "give me a child until he's 8 and I'll have him for life"?

Reactions: Helen

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has a hubcap ever flipped-out and shot up a school full of children? We NEED to make ourselves aware of children who may be developing these ideas of revenge. It is happening far too often to continue to ignore or keep secret.
Wow! I don't even know how to respond about the hubcap statement.

But who is the "we" in your second statement? You seem to think that you won't be affected by this collection of personal data. Or if you have children or grandchildren, you seem to think that they will not be adversely affected. If you think this, you have your head in the sand.

Last edited:

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So in effect it's an attempt at "re-educating" them to believe as the powers that be want them to believe and not as parents want them to believe?

Wasn't it Hitler who said "give me a child until he's 8 and I'll have him for life"?
Yes, he echoed Jesus' words: "Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is older he will follow the correct path." (paraphrased.... if doing that bugs you, go look it up.)

Reactions: Waiting on him

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes, about "re-educating." Sounds like what the Communists do, doesn't it?

The Reagan administration adopted some of the Soviet Union's education policies. Charlotte Iserbyt, who compiled The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America, worked in his administration and blew the whistle. If you want to know what's going on in the schools, this is the book to get. She offers a free PDF on her website. http://deliberatedumbingdown.com/ddd/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/DDDoA.pdf

She also offers a free PDF on her website of her article titled "Soviets in the Classroom": http://deliberatedumbingdown.com/ddd/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Soviets_in_Classroom.pdf

Last edited:

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, he echoed Jesus' words: "Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is older he will follow the correct path." (paraphrased.... if doing that bugs you, go look it up.)
Actually that verse is Proverbs 22:6--Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

Great verse, BTW, but it doesn't mean that we throw our children to the sharks while teaching them to swim.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't celebrate Halloween, and I don't recommend any other Christians to celebrate it either, you can see a lot of the reasons above, and it's sad that Halloween is such a big thing in America, especially among many American Christians, and it's sad that it's rapidly growing in other countries.

It should also be noted a lot of ex-witches, ex-warlocks, ex-satanists and all that sort, that have found Jesus and have left their old lives behind, strongly recommend against any Christian celebrating Halloween as well.

I would rather celebrate life, joy, peace, happiness, and the wonderful Lord Jesus Christ

@Reggie Belafonte Is right on point about Australia and Halloween

And @FHII has a pretty good reply on the first page of this post.

Last edited:

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't celebrate Halloween, and I don't recommend any other Christians to celebrate it either, you can see a lot of the reasons above, and it's sad that Halloween is such a big thing in America, especially among many American Christians, and it's sad that it's rapidly growing in other countries.

It should also be noted a lot of ex-witches, ex-warlocks, ex-satanists and all that sort, that have found Jesus and have left their old lives behind, strongly recommend against any Christian celebrating Halloween as well.

I would rather celebrate life, joy, peace, happiness, and the wonderful Lord Jesus Christ

@Reggie Belafonte Is right on point about Australia and Halloween

And @FHII has a pretty good reply on the first page of this post.
what do you call abortion ?

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Reagan administration adopted some of the Soviet Union's education policies. Charlotte Iserbyt, who compiled The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America, worked in his administration and blew the whistle. If you want to know what's going on in the schools, this is the book to get. She offers a free PDF on her website. http://deliberatedumbingdown.com/ddd/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/DDDoA.pdf

She also offers a free PDF on her website of her article titled "Soviets in the Classroom": http://deliberatedumbingdown.com/ddd/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Soviets_in_Classroom.pdf

I read a few things about Charlotte Iserbyt and about the dumbing down. That's really frightening. Are they dumbing students down so they're easily controlled?

I will definitely go to the PDF and read it.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I knew Reagan was illuminati. Everyone praises him but he was in their camp and moved America more into the North American Union.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder that we don't hear about more horrible things happening on that day. Costumes are all over the place, not just kids but the adults have to have their "fun" too and, if they are wearing masks...who can identify them if they decide to hold up a store, or grab an un-attended child? A good night to stay home with the lights out! Back in the day, we never had our parents come with us...but were just told to stay together...well, THAT never happened, ha! Christians should make that day a day of prayer against the evils out there. It's not like it used to be, that's for sure!
Ha, costumes all over the place, you're not kidding. Someone found a costume in my town in the middle of the street a few blocks from where I live, still in its packaging. How do you lose a costume in the middle of the street?

Nextdoor is the free private social network for your Canadian neighbourhood community.

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just heard this sermon. And did not realize human sacrifices were still happening today. If it is still the most Holy Day of Wicca too...I should not be participating nor let my daughter.

I'm glad you gave your opinion and that Helen shared what she did. Now I know I must convince a family member to forego it. I got lax over the years but I see that I have to return to being "sober, vigilant..." This is a holiday steeped in evil.

Reactions: Helen and Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm glad you gave your opinion and that Helen shared what she did. Now I know I must convince a family member to forego it. I got lax over the years but I see that I have to return to being "sober, vigilant..." This is a holiday steeped in evil.

Yeh... I decided we will buy candy half off after Halloween and buy a costume each year to play dress up. Because there is nothing wrong with this. This is why I really liked it anyway. I mean, teaching kids to go to a car trunk to get candy doesnt seem like a wise idea...but my family really pressured me and made me feel like I was wrong and acting superior to them not celebrating it. And I think this is why I really have had so much trouble going back and forth. But persecution will happen when turning to God and turning away from the world.

Last edited:

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My only concern now, is like Easter was a pagan holiday before it became a holiday to honor Christ's resurrection...

DoveSpirit05

Jul 19, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Absolutely not!! its a satanic festival celebrating evil spirits and mocking the dead, why celebrate the dead when u can celebrate the living!! jesus Christ, makes no sense!!

DoveSpirit05

Jul 19, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This topic shouldn't even be in a Christian forum but then why shud it surprise me!! there are self-deludedd Christians out there dat believe dat they can be a homosexual and a Christian at the same time so wats new!!