Should Christians not participate in Halloween?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It depends which country you live in. Halloween in America is a different thing to Halloween in the UK.

Living in the UK, where there was NO Halloween when I was a child (it started to come in during the 80s), I regard it as an American import with nothing to recommend it. Elderly people dread it. We don't participate, and the churches organise alternative activities for the children of Christian families.

I was born and raised in England.
Once a Christian I was very aware of halloween ..the Druid Halloween.
We lived is the south of England ..Sussex, and it was one of the centre of witchcraft.

Alex Saunders the King of the Western Witches lived up the road...No way, no how was Halloween , the real halloween and all it stands for 'imported from USA' Oct 31st is a very special day for the Satanists, as is midsummer day.
Alax Saunders met with us and asked us if we would not pray against them because his coven could not reach their power- peak because I prayers stopped them. And yes, they did actually dance around the bonfire naked and wait to reach their peak and be 'slain' by some demon power so they could each grow stronger.
My eldest daughter had Alex Saunders latest hight priestess again 14 in her class at school. Just like Christians , they aggressively evangelize , especially the young teens.

We were thrilled with he ( Alex Saunders) got fed up with us blocking his power he moved from our town.

Some Christians have no idea of the real activity and deny it.
One one Christian web site I got strongly rebuked by the Admin who told me I was lying and it is all "Just all good fun ".....the man is an idiot.

What got brought to England and Oz in the 80's + was that very concept of . "It's just fun for the kids" ...they sold that lie along with the Candy....doing the Devils work for him. Now we see Christians "having fun" along with the satanic...and they don't want to know.

"Everybody just be happy." :rolleyes:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We lived is the south of England ..Sussex, and it was one of the centre of witchcraft.

Alex Saunders the King of the Western Witches lived up the road...No way, no how was Halloween , the real halloween and all it stands for 'imported from USA' Oct 31st is a very special day for the Satanists, as is midsummer day.
Alax Saunders met with us and asked us if we would not pray against them because his coven could not reach their power- peak because I prayers stopped them. And yes, they did actually dance around the bonfire naked and wait to reach their peak and be 'slain' by some demon power so they could each grow stronger.
My eldest daughter had Alex Saunders latest hight priestess again 14 in her class at school. Just like Christians , they aggressively evangelize , especially the young teens.

We were thrilled with he ( Alex Saunders) got fed up with us blocking his power he moved from our town.

One one Christian web site I got strongly rebuked by the Admin who told me I was lying and it is all "Just all good fun ".....the man is an idiot.

What got brought to England and Oz in the 80's + was that very concept of . "It's just fun for the kids" ...they sold that lie along with the Candy....doing the Devils work for him. Now we see Christians "having fun" along with the satanic...and they don't want to know.

There are people that do not think that satanic witches exist, but they do. There is also a category that could be called nature witches. The Pagan healers of the Dark and Middle ages. lol Some "new age" beliefs lean this direction.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now we see Christians "having fun" along with the satanic.
i have always been more than aware of what halloween stood for some . satanist are just a group of lost people playing with fire damning there souls. i dont know anything about england . we have enough demonic activity going on in washington d,c called politicians. we have Evil activity that happens every day . i refuse to give satan his credit he solely desires . this is why i stand by teach kids the truth let them have fun clean fun minus the devil costumes . the haunted houses . if any thing when older teens 16 and up. take them to the morgue so they can see what the real work of satan is steal kill destroy . i can respect any ones belief as long as it dont go dog mattic . but dont consider kids on halloween collecting candy in innocence a walk with the devil

Reactions: Nancy

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I got strongly rebuked by the Admin who told me I was lying and it is all "Just all good fun ".....the man is an idiot.
i am not rebuking you i know satanism is alive .i just see how to do halloween leave satan out is all

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
i am not rebuking you i know satanism is alive .i just see how to do halloween leave satan out is all

Then go for it! I do not believe that we can just 'leave Satan out of it!!'

But we all have choices, and must live by them.

" One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind."

Have a 'happy halloween' :)

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then go for it! I do not believe that we can just 'leave Satan out of it!!'

But we all have choices, and must live by them.

" One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind."

Have a 'happy halloween' :)
then lets leave santa claus out frosty the snowman the smurfs cartoon. please do not wish me happy halloween ..i under stand sarcasm . can kids not have fun and satan stay out of it? the key is safe clean fun . i was being respectful towards you , but since you chose the dogmatic side .i will not bother to respond any more

Reactions: Willie T

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
then lets leave santa claus out frosty the snowman the smurfs cartoon. please do not wish me happy halloween ..i under stand sarcasm . can kids not have fun and satan stay out of it? the key is safe clean fun . i was being respectful towards you , but since you chose the dogmatic side .i will not bother to respond any more

Religious view towards Satan and witches are varied. Some see Satan in politics, corporations, and media. The thing is there is some truth to that, Satan is all around us....As far as Satan and children, Halloween is not the issue....your child is far more likely to meet Satan in a public school.

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
October is here again and all the children are going to dress up and come for candy. How do others handle Halloween? Is it an evil holiday or harmless fun for children?
These festivals, if continued are either evil or captured territory. Like "Ring Around The Rosie", when it becomes captured territory, it becomes child's play. Either way, Christ has overcome the world.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Okay.
But thank you for your respect.
I Agree, you chose the higher road in this. I allowed my convictions to show too strongly...as it says..."let every man be persuaded in his own mind."
We don't answer to each other. ( thankfully )

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We don't answer to each other. ( thankfully )
there is NOTHING to answer for on this. unless someone decides to do full evil on halloween .in relation to satanic ambition a young child dressing up like super man getting candy God is not going to frown . i have no doubt there are those who use halloween as reason for satanic worship. i don't think they even soap widows any more or toilet paper trees

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think convictions change with kids. When she grows up, I'll prilly give candy and Jesus tracts to kids.

I gave tracts out for Halloween a few years - now I think I'll put a sign out front that we don't participate. I don't have control over what family does.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes it is. Its history is freely available online.
'Christians' are easily duped because they have abandoned their first love and their sign posts are faded. They are sitting ducks to imbibe any drivel as long as it has an appearance and feeling of nice.

NICE
When nice was born the angels wept
and Satan was a grinner
for truth now had a counterpart
which made him look a winner.

That polished smile with interest feigned
an act to win an Oscar
a heart annealed, with pride displayed
aspiring of the all star.

Ahhhh, nice, she walks the pleasant way
with flattery as companion
a single unit, how they dance
as if they were the champions.

Observer with the practiced eye
will watch as she undresses
yet baring all holds no surprise
in spite of her caresses.

Wow - I never heard that about those two holidays. Things are so ingrained and taken for granted from your youth that you never bother to question it.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would suppose that halloween may be the lesser of two evils compared to public schools.
It is sad to hear of what things are taught to our children now in this culture we live in. Principalities.

Do your children and grandchildren go to Christian school? There was a teacher on here - she hasn't been here for awhile - who was warning people about Common Core. I still don't know what it really is, but I know it is about keeping a dossier on each child. I've heard that public school teachers have quit over it. And we know perversity is being taught as 'normal' now - I just don't see a whole lot of hope for society unless there is a revolution or some kind of revival.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Common Core" means that all pupils throughout the USA will be taught the same thing. In other words, California can't decide not to teach American History because they want it to be different than it was. And portfolios have been kept on all students for decades and decades.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You have a powerful testimony, Helen. Thanks for sharing this!

Reactions: Helen

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Common Core" means that all pupils throughout the USA will be taught the same thing. In other words, California can't decide not to teach American History because they want it to be different than it was. And portfolios have been kept on all students for decades and decades.

I can see that you don't know much about Common Core. Do you have any idea about the personal info schools compile on students through portfolio assessment?? You probably have no idea what kinds of info the government has been compiling on children and their families--yes, for decades. Common Core is the end of the line for radical education reform in this country.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
***The following is a portion of a book I wrote that explains the kinds of personal info the federal government has been collecting on school children and their families--for decades. I realize this is off topic. Sorry!

A report on the Education Data System Implementation Project (EDSIP) produced by the Council of Chief State School Officers in conjunction with the US Department of Education’s National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) explains:

Even before the establishment of the Goals and the subsequent America 2000 strategy, the National Cooperative Education Statistic Systems was established by the Hawkins-Stafford Education Improvement Amendments of 1988 (P. L. 100-297) to involve state and federal governments in a mutual effort to produce state-comparable and nationally uniform data on public and private school systems.... (emphasis added)

The paper goes on to tell about the development of two data handbooks completed by July 1994—one on student information and one on staff information....

Consider just how personal and specific the following examples of data elements are. These are taken word-for-word (except for the information in brackets [ ]) from the handbook and apply to students. Some data elements even apply to students’ families, including brothers and sisters.

Data Element Number/ Data Element

0130/ Identification Number [for student]

0180/ Birthdate [for student]

0300/ Religious Background

[includes a list of religions and denominations]

0630/ Family Income Range

0770/ Employment Status [for parents]

0110/ Name of Individual [for student’s sibling(s)]

0130/ Identification Number [for student’s sibling(s)]

0180/ Birthdate [for student’s sibling(s)]

1012/ Number of Days Absent

1120/ Discontinuing Schooling Reason

1140/ Residence After Exiting/Withdrawing From School

1160/ Reason for Non-Entrance in Local Elementary

and Secondary School

Under “Data Element Detail”—Options for data element 1160: 03—Home schooling and

05—Religious reason

1602/ Activity Description [“student’s participation in cocurricular & extracurricular activities“]

1959/ Non-Participation Reason

[under “Administrative Issues” for assessments]

Under “Entity Uses” [i.e. who will use this information about the student] for #1959,

“Evaluator” is listed.

Chapter 3. Definition of Terms—Entity List,

Evaluator: “An individual responsible for performing a systematic evaluation of specified aspects, conditions, or progress of a student including his or her academic, physical, emotional, psychological, and economic status. Results may include recommendations for providing specific treatment or support to the student.”

1890/ Assessment Type

Under “Options for data element #1890”:

05 Attitudinal Test—An assessment to measure the mental and emotional set or pattern of likes and dislikes or opinions held by a student or a group of students. This is often used in relation to considerations such as controversial issues or

personal adjustments.”

13 Personality Test—An assessment to measure a student’s affective or nonintellectual aspects of behavior such as emotional adjustment, interpersonal relations, motivation, interests, and attitudes.”

15 Psychological Test—An assessment to measure a sample of behavior in an objective and standardized way.”

2100/ Score Results [for assessment tests]

2110/ Score Interpretation Information [for assessments]

Under Chapter 3. Definition of Terms—Entity List, Assessment: “A tool, instrument, process, or exhibition composed of a systematic sampling of behavior for measuring a student’s competence, knowledge, skills or behavior.

There are also extensive, specific data elements pertaining to students and their families under the following categories: “Oral Health,” “Conditions at Birth,” “Health History,” “Medical Evaluations,” “Medical Laboratory Tests,” “Nutrition,” “Health Care Provider,” “Early Childhood Program Participation,” “Individualized Education Program [IEP] Information.” Under “Discipline” there are data elements for student offenses and disciplinary action. There’s even a category for a student’s mother’s “Maternal and Pre-Natal Condition” while she was pregnant with the student.

Last edited:

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can see that you don't know much about Common Core. Do you have any idea about the personal info schools compile on students through portfolio assessment?? You probably have no idea what kinds of info the government has been compiling on children and their families--yes, for decades. Common Core is the end of the line for radical education reform in this country.
Well, tell us about Common Core and all this subversive documentation the schools have amassed on school children. Frankly, if they did their jobs right, and looked back through the troubled histories of some of the "school-shooters" perhaps the FBI might not be scratching their head about how some of them just "suddenly" decided to start killing people.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, tell us about Common Core and all this subversive documentation the schools have amassed on school children. Frankly, if they did their jobs right, and looked back through the troubled histories of some of the "school-shooters" perhaps the FBI might not be scratching their head about how some of them just "suddenly" decided to start killing people.
Uh, I just did! Look above your last post. ^^^

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is not one thing on that list that I don't think wouldn't help a teacher better deal with the individual and specific situation a child might be dealing with. Being a teacher is far more than barking out the 3-R's all day.