Should Christians not participate in Halloween?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is not one thing on that list that I don't think wouldn't help a teacher better deal with the individual and specific situation a child might be dealing with. Being a teacher is far more than barking out the 3-R's all day.

So, you don't mind the federal government having this kind of data on you and your children??

05 Attitudinal Test—An assessment to measure the mental and emotional set or pattern of likes and dislikes or opinions held by a student or a group of students. This is often used in relation to considerations such as controversial issues or personal adjustments.”

13 Personality Test—An assessment to measure a student’s affective or nonintellectual aspects of behavior such as emotional adjustment, interpersonal relations, motivation, interests, and attitudes.”

15 Psychological Test—An assessment to measure a sample of behavior in an objective and standardized way.”

...and specific data elements pertaining to students and their families under the following categories: “Oral Health,” “Conditions at Birth,” “Health History,” “Medical Evaluations,” “Medical Laboratory Tests,” “Nutrition,” “Health Care Provider,” “Early Childhood Program Participation,” “Individualized Education Program [IEP] Information.” Under “Discipline” there are data elements for student offenses and disciplinary action. There’s even a category for a student’s mother’s “Maternal and Pre-Natal Condition” while she was pregnant with the student.​
Edit: I was a public school teacher, and I didn't need this kind of data in order to teach my students grammar and writing skills. Teachers are not psychologists and shouldn't be expected to do therapy in the classroom.

Last edited:

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Common Core represents a shift in education from academic goals to behavioral objectives. This shift started decades ago and is based on Bloom's Taxonomy. Here 's a quote from Taxonomy of Educational Objectives: The Classification of Educational Goals, Handbook I: Cognitive Domain published in 1956.

This is the crux of Common Core:

By educational objectives, we mean explicit formulation of the ways in which students are expected to be changed by the educative process. That is, the ways in which they will change in their thinking, their feelings, and their actions.... Finally, educational objectives must be related to a psychology of learning (p. 26, 27).​

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Edit: I was a public school teacher, and I didn't need this kind of data in order to teach my students grammar and writing skills. Teachers are not psychologists and shouldn't be expected to do therapy in the classroom.
That is a horrible outlook. A child is so much more than a receptacle to dump some knowledge into.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a horrible outlook. A child is so much more than a receptacle to dump some knowledge into.
You completely avoided answering my question.

Here it is again:

So, you don't mind the federal government having this kind of data on you and your children??

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"Common Core" means that all pupils throughout the USA will be taught the same thing. In other words, California can't decide not to teach American History because they want it to be different than it was. And portfolios have been kept on all students for decades and decades.

Both my grandchildren are teachers.
They are dictated to and told what they can teach and what they cannot teach. All cookie cutter , all the same.

Soon they will be told that snow is black...and have to brainwash their classes to believe what they are told, and pass tests with the right answer---'snow is black'.

But then again...I am a conspiracy theorists ...and see things happening which I first heard about 40 years ago.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are dictated to and told what they can teach and what they cannot teach. All cookie cutter , all the same.

Soon they will be told that snow is black...and have to brainwash their classes to believe what they are told, and pass tests with the right answer---'snow is black'.
And the worst part of it is the emphasis on what educators call the "affective domain," which has to do with attitudes, beliefs and values. Curriculum and testing in this domain produce psychological profiles on children. Parents have no control over the kind of data collected and what is done with this data.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

But then again...I am a conspiracy theorists ...and see things happening which I first heard about 40 years ago.
Suppose, in your local school system, they are already being told snow is black.... and the CC wants them to be taught snow is white?

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, we have to be sure they are not going to be told weird stuff, but they are ALREADY being told in many areas of this country that being "Trans" is cool.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, we have to be sure they are not going to be told weird stuff, but they are ALREADY being told in many areas of this country that being "Trans" is cool.
Yup, that's part of the "affective education" I was talking about.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you don't want that to stop?
Are you ignoring the info I've given you? Hey, take advantage of it. It took thousands of hours of research to amass this info.
And I have a lot more if you would like to understand what Common Core is all about. :)

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're not even making any sense.
Well, I am trying to give a bare bones explanation about Common Core from a whole book, so I can see how the info could be confusing. But I would think that any American would be alarmed when seeing the data elements I posted. Why would the federal government want this kind of extremely personal info on Americans? They are collecting it and have been for some time now.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you ignoring the info I've given you? Hey, take advantage of it. It took thousands of hours of research to amass this info.
And I have a lot more if you would like to understand what Common Core is all about. :)
Saying, "What Common Core is all about" is akin to saying "What Congress is all about." Sure, we all know Liberals can, and will, ruin either one...…. IF the people who are eventually affected just suck their thumbs and lament the fact that they failed to stand up and do something about it becoming a "law".
There is nothing wrong with 95% of the information collected. Schools have been doing that since pioneer days. But it is "do-nothing" professionals in the business that sit back and allow good information (very NECESSARY information, in most cases) be used to promote Liberal perverted agendas that are mostly to blame for what eventually becomes classroom law.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saying, "What Common Core is all about" is akin to saying "What Congress is all about." Sure, we all know Liberals can, and will, ruin either one...…. IF the people who are eventually affected just suck their thumbs and lament the fact that they failed to stand up and do something about it becoming a "law".
There is nothing wrong with 95% of the information collected. Schools have been doing that since pioneer days. But it is "do-nothing" professionals in the business that sit back and allow good information (very NECESSARY information, in most cases) be used to promote Liberal perverted agendas that are mostly to blame for what eventually becomes classroom law.

Schools have NOT been collecting data on school children from psychological testing since pioneer days. Even if this kind of testing existed back then, it would have been considered an invasion of privacy.

Have you ever worked for, or taught in, a public school system?

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, I believe they already are...slowly slowly catchy monkey.
For those who find this English saying confusing, it means that the Liberals feel if they are just patient, they will eventually win.
And, the sad thing is, THEY ARE CORRECT..... IF we just sit back and continue to remain silent, just watching it happen.

Reactions: Helen

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For those who find this English saying confusing, it means that the Liberals feel if they are just patient, they will eventually win.
And, the sad thing is, THEY ARE CORRECT..... IF we just sit back and continue to remain silent, just watching it happen.
I fought the predecessor to Common Core in my state back in the early '90s. We worked with legislators to get the educators in charge to tell the truth to parents about what they were doing. I spent a whole year fighting this, and we barely made a dent.

Edit: Most people don't understand the longterm agenda of the U.S. Dept of Education. So, they don't understand that Common Core is the end of the train, which started way back.... Common Core is not going away. If enough parents and teachers squawk about it, the powers that be will just change the name and language used and carry on. This is what they did in my state.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Schools have NOT been collecting data on school children from psychological testing since pioneer days. Even if this kind of testing existed back then, it would have been considered an invasion of privacy.

Have you ever worked for, or taught in, a public school system?
My wife is a Language Arts Major, and has been in both public and private education since she graduated. 16 of my relatives have all taught. I only taught GED for three years in a State Facility.