Should demonic, negative and depressing elements of the bible be censored and removed?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People of today seem determined to avoid anything that might be negative or depressing.

Christ being crucified in the bible could be considered negative and depressing. Maybe that should be edited out of the bible.

The existence of demons and hell might be considered the same. Maybe those parts of the bible should be removed as well.

No. I'm not seriously suggesting any of this.

But I am curious as to what the end game of avoid negative and depressing things mentality leads to.

Some work very hard night and day to better live under-a-rock and remain oblivious as to everything happening in the world as it is labeled negative or depressing. Is this how christians are supposed to behave? I would be curious to know opinions on this.

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People of today seem determined to avoid anything that might be negative or depressing.

Christ being crucified in the bible could be considered negative and depressing. Maybe that should be edited out of the bible.

The existence of demons and hell might be considered the same. Maybe those parts of the bible should be removed as well.

But I am curious as to what the end game of avoid negative and depressing things mentality leads to.

Some work very hard night and day to better live under-a-rock and remain oblivious as to everything happening in the world as it is labeled negative or might make them feel depressed. Is this how christians are supposed to behave? I would be curious to know opinions on this.
Not one word should be edited out of the bible . We should embrace all things written for our learning .
Your right , today it seems everything is about a false positive . People just want to hear
what they count as positive . And avoid what they count as negative .
Under guise of a false love that came of the world many have turned the very truth into a negative
and sat under a mentality of what the world considers a positive .
But how the world sees things WILL NEVER BE THE ANSWER .
EVERY WORD of GOD IS POSITIVE for the soul of a lamb . The warnings are needful as is every reminder in that bible .
We are but wee children on a journey and GOD has always known What is best for us .
Yes even the dire warnings and examples in scripture is for our good .
Now lift those hands and praise the LORD . It went from bad to worse under this mindset of the world
on what it thinks is negative and what it sees as positive . Sadly this has crept huge into christendom .
And the longer one sits under it the more they become centered AGAINST GOD and desiring
this other god created in the image o man . It just aint looking good .
Any kind of true biblical correction gets omitted under that kind of mindset
and soon not only are certain sins overlooked
but in time become accepted

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Some work very hard night and day to better live under-a-rock and remain oblivious as to everything happening in the world as it is labeled negative or depressing. Is this how christians are supposed to behave? I would be curious to know opinions on this.
No.

Reactions: Space_Karen

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

As i reread this i see you asked a dire important question .
YOU asked the RIGHT QUESTION .
YOU asked , but i am curious as to what the END GAME of avoid negative and depressing things mentality leads to .
THE DAY OF AREMEGEDDON . IT LEADETH to the religoins of the world and all the world to merge as one
under what it beleives is love , under what it sees as postive and to come full force as one mind , one heart , one body
against any and all IT BELIEVES preaches that which is negative . AKA against the true lambs
who did not and would not conform to what the world sees as love or as postive . THANKS FOR THE QUESTION .
IT WAS THE RIGHT QUESTION .
IT LEADS TO THE OUT ALL REBELLION .
and now i ask a question . WHOSE REBELLION . AND THAT IS THE RIGHT QUESTION .
THE REBELLION OF A UNIFIED WORLD under a mindset of what it thinks is love and positive
Against the TRUE GOD , HIS CHRIST and the lambs . WE BESS GET IN BIBLES , far too many decievers
are all around us and within us . Yet are not of us .

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall grow cold." {Mt 24:12}

No! Christians, although capable of having a hard heart, or an unloving demeanor; should never become apathetic about what is happening all around us.
The very least we can do for some things is to pray, if not in a position to physically help.
I find New Agers are very much averse to anything (they deem) negative. They are living in La-La Land IMHO.

"But I am curious as to what the end game of avoid negative and depressing things mentality leads to."

IMHO, it leads to ignorance.

If we are strong in Him, walking in The spirit, have the mind of Christ, know and understand the weapons of our warfare, our mind is well guarded. Amen?

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People are editing words and whole verses and omitting them from the Bible right and left. And if they don't physically do it, they'll explain them away as if God didn't mean what He said, or maybe it was.just a story or symbolic .....surely nothing in the Bible is literal (on and on) ....or the ultimate ...."men wrote the Bible. I only read the red parts." And then even those get manipulated amd reinterpreted.

It's the nature of people to please their own will and flesh, to stay where they're comfortable. And ultimately, it's the result of hearts that never knew God, or never allowed God to go deep and get to the heart. People can only endure as much as their level of joy will allow them. If their joy is small, they can't process the negative.

(The joy of the Lord is our strength.)

It's even a proven scientific fact that infants need positive, healthy, safe interactions with a loving caregiver/parent in order for their capacity for joy to grow. It builds psychological integrity. If they fall, they have a safe place to return to ....the love of their parent/s. In any negative, they know mom or dad is there for them to return to. And that same principle applies in our relationship with Christ. If our relationship goes deep, and we are filled with His joy, we are able to face the negatives life throws at us without losing our identity. We are able to look to Him and find stability.

Acts 17:28
[28]For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

Many people have told me that I shouldn't be speaking about SRA (satanic ritual abuse) because it doesn't glorify God, or it's not uplifting. And I have said if they don't want to know these things are happening, then they better cut those places out of their Bibles where God Himself exposes SRA/MK (trafficking the souls of men, passing children through the fire, molech and ba'al worship, tammuz, prostitutes, etc ....and all manner of abominations that were even taking place in the temple ....only now, they take place in churches).

The churches are sick and filled with all manner of evil .....because people do not desire truth. They don't want to see it. So they turn a blind eye while it continues and goes on right under their noses. It's only increasing. We need to allow our roots to go deeper and deeper in Him.

Last edited:

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall grow cold." {Mt 24:12}

No! Christians, although capable of having a hard heart, or an unloving demeanor; should never become apathetic about what is happening all around us.
The very least we can do for some things is to pray, if not in a position to physically help.
I find New Agers are very much averse to anything (they deem) negative. They are living in La-La Land IMHO.

"But I am curious as to what the end game of avoid negative and depressing things mentality leads to."

IMHO, it leads to ignorance.

If we are strong in Him, walking in The spirit, have the mind of Christ, know and understand the weapons of our warfare, our mind is well guarded. Amen?
AMEN, sister!! I made my post and yours appeared. Amazing how we were kinda thinking along the same lines ..... different but complementary words. Praise God!

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
People are editing words and whole verses and omitting them from the Bible right and left. And if they don't physically do it, they'll explain them away as if God didn't mean what He said, or maybe it was.just a story or symbolic .....surely nothing in the Bible is literal (on and on) ....or the ultimate ...."men wrote the Bible. I only read the red parts." And then even those get manipulated amd reinterpreted.

It's the nature of people to please their own will and flesh, to stay where they're comfortable. And ultimately, it's the result of hearts that never knew God, or never allowed God to go deep and get to the heart. People can only endure as much as their level of joy will allow them. If their joy is small, they can't process the negative.

(The joy of the Lord is our strength.)

It's even a proven scientific fact that infants need positive, healthy, safe interactions with a loving caregiver/parent in order for their capacity for joy to grow. It builds psychological integrity. If they fall, they have a safe place to return to ....the love of their parent/s. In any negative, they know mom or dad is there for them to return to. And that same principle applies in our relationship with Christ. If our relationship goes deep, and we are filled with His joy, we are able to face the negatives life throws at us without losing our identity. We are able to look to Him and find stability.

Acts 17:28
[28]For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

Many people have told me that I shouldn't be speaking about SRA (satanic ritual abuse) because it doesn't glorify God, or it's not uplifting. And I have said if they don't want to know these things are happening, then they better cut those places out of their Bibles where God Himself exposes SRA/MK (trafficking the souls of men, passing children through the fire, molech and ba'al worship, tammuz, prostitutes, etc ....and all manner of abominations that were even taking place in the temple ....only now, they take place in churches).

The churches are sick and filled with all manner of evil .....because people do not desire truth. They don't want to see it. So they turn a blind eye while it continues and goes on right under their noses. It's only increasing. We need to allow our roots to go deeper and deeper in Him.

Yes you said it sister.
Those who allegorize scripture are like those who say it's words of men.
They don't allow God to go deep in their heart. Everyone needs to allow the holy spirit to be active in their scripture reading.
Shalom!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes you said it sister.
Those who allegorize scripture are like those who say it's words of men.
They don't allow God to go deep in their heart. Everyone needs to allow the holy spirit to be active in their scripture reading.
Shalom!
Onward in the trenches my friend .

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
am curious as to what the end game of avoid negative and depressing things mentality leads

You answered it yourself, it ends with being only concerned for oneself, as looking outward at life, no matter how distressing means for the Christian looking beyond the horrors of live to Jesus who gives us the strength and courage to live effective lives in the real world.

To answer in a nutshell:-
Those who are most heavenly minded, are of most earthly use.

Reactions: marks

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Some work very hard night and day to better live under-a-rock and remain oblivious as to everything happening in the world as it is labeled negative or depressing
. Is this how christians are supposed to behave? I would be curious to know opinions on this.
These days, the mantra of many seems to be, "Life Is Short! So, ENJOY yourself and HAVE FUN!" If we're not having 'fun', we're "WASTING" time, and/or wasting our lives!

The New Testament can and often does lead to self-examination...which can be depressing, especially if we realize that we're not as "good" as we think we are. Pop psychology has also led us to (falsely) believe that it's not 'healthy' to feel bad about ourselves. EVER.

But then...why remove anything considered 'negative' from the Bible? After all, it's soooo much easier to simply not read it!

EVER.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Their goes the Old Testament if that was the case for a start.

Not to mention such is life ! reality ! and it is Christ Jesus who give one Grace and if you have Grace then you are Saved ! and with such you can walk on hot coals so to speak of this world, with confidence in Christ Jesus !
So you will not be a cry baby dimwit that can not handle the Truth and then stand up to all that comes your way, for you have something that others don't, Conviction and Devotion in Christ Jesus ! Come hell or high water, one is on a mission from God ! With the Grace of our Lord and Saviour, Christ Jesus.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
These days, the mantra of many seems to be, "Life Is Short! So, ENJOY yourself and HAVE FUN!" If we're not having 'fun', we're "WASTING" time, and/or wasting our lives!

The New Testament can and often does lead to self-examination...which can be depressing, especially if we realize that we're not as "good" as we think we are. Pop psychology has also led us to (falsely) believe that it's not 'healthy' to feel bad about ourselves. EVER.

But then...why remove anything considered 'negative' from the Bible? After all, it's soooo much easier to simply not read it!

EVER.
I posted without reading past the first post.

But i will have to say that the best book in the world by far is the Bible in fact, it's something that you just can never put down and forget about, it drives you on ! and the more you come to understand such the more it drive you on and you are glad that you did.

I remember as a child i first reading the OT and thinking, boy this is depressing and i did not like what i had read at all, i though some of it sick and depraved. but once you understand what is being conveyed within the story, is food for thought, it's reality and not for fiction.

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I posted without reading past the first post.

But i will have to say that the best book in the world by far is the Bible in fact, it's something that you just can never put down and forget about, it drives you on ! and the more you come to understand such the more it drive you on and you are glad that you did.

I remember as a child i first reading the OT and thinking, boy this is depressing and i did not like what i had read at all, i though some of it sick and depraved. but once you understand what is being conveyed within the story, is food for thought, it's reality and not for fiction.
Interesting...

I first read the Bible from cover to cover when I was in my late 50's. I made a commitment to read it in December 2016, and finished the OT in July of 2018. As soon as I closed the book, I walked out to the living room where my mom was sitting and told her that I finished reading the OT. I told her that the 'gist' I got out of it was, that God wants our devotion to HIM. No. Other. "Gods". Allowed.

The NT had more to do with the other Commandments...

...and that JESUS is the way to fulfill ALL of those Commandments..

Reactions: Nancy

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

Would the people who voted for such a ban stop reading novels, stop using the Internet, stop watching movies, and stop watching, listening to, or reading news reports, because they all have demonic, negative, depressing elements to them.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Interesting...

I first read the Bible from cover to cover when I was in my late 50's. I made a commitment to read it in December 2016, and finished the OT in July of 2018. As soon as I closed the book, I walked out to the living room where my mom was sitting and told her that I finished reading the OT. I told her that the 'gist' I got out of it was, that God wants our devotion to HIM. No. Other. "Gods". Allowed.

The NT had more to do with the other Commandments...

...and that JESUS is the way to fulfill ALL of those Commandments..
Anyone who reads the whole Bible from the OT to the NT once still would not have a clue what the Bible is all about, nor would they understand who Jesus is in fact.
I found that i had to go over and over the books in the Bible and i found more every time with in such, because you find something relates to the other books, so you can get a better handle on what's truly at hand. i once explained this as It's like a Web everything is related within and very interesting, i never get bored with such and i can not wait to read anything over and over again because you can pick up on things that you missed in a sense regarding the links.

I have a book that i jotted down what i had some doubt about regarding the full meaning of something and bingo i would come across in another passage in the Bible that would spring into action that i had some doubts about the intent or meaning relating to such, so that now it made total sense and that issue i had was cleared up. Now i understand clearly. I do not rely on peoples word or the Priest for something alone as i have to prove it to myself that such is worthy and the Bible is the Foundation tool for such.
So if it's not Biblical one may question such if it is out of line.
I am very skeptical person by my nature and always have been, i would question my school teachers from grade one and they did not like it, for i had to understand for my self and not just go along with the flow with such lack of regard as most will blindly accept just about anything.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Should demonic, negative and depressing elements of the bible be censored and removed?

Deuteronomy 4:2
You shall not add to the word which I am commanding you, nor take away from it,
that you may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

Deuteronomy 12:32
Whatever I command you, you shall be careful to do; you shall not add to nor
take away from it.

Proverbs 30:6
Do not add to His words Or He will reprove you, and you will be proved a liar.

1 Corinthians 4:6
Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively applied to myself and Apollos
for your sakes, so that in us you may learn not to exceed what is written, so
that no one of you will become arrogant in behalf of one against the other.

Revelation 22:18-19
I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if
anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues which are written in this
book; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy,
God will take away his part from the tree of life and from the holy city, which
are written in this book.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Should demonic, negative and depressing elements of the bible be censored and removed?​

Both Positive and Negative (and the consequences of each) are:
Facts of Life,
Facts of Law.
Facts of Religion.

If a person knows not the Positive and the Negative, neither will they know the consequences, before making choices.

Natural born humans already have a natural dilemma.
The mind says do what you want, the heart says do what is right.
Result? Internal conflict.

World’s “way” ? Pills, Therapy, Psychology.
Result?
Temporary, Expensive, Time consuming, continual , negative effects on organs.

Gods “way’ ? New heart, New spirit.
Result?
Strength of new spirit stronger than the minds strength. Gods all power spirit with you. Peace and Comfort. Forever Permanent.

Glory to God,
Taken