Slaying Sacred Cows-- examining pet beliefs

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hope this hits some ears. I pray that it penetrates your soul and speaks to the spirit within you.

It’s not about the flesh, but the spirit. The dove that came down. The lamb that is pure and spotless is the one who was sacrificed and sent from heaven to earth. Don’t get stuck staring at the physical reflection.

This is heavenly (spiritual) understanding.

Many crowns— victorious every time.

It most certainly hits home. The whole of the Old written witness points to the Christ, Gods first born of His creation. The only one that’s ever worthy too ware that royal diadem.

Reactions: Mr E

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another sacred cow that bugs me would be the cow that states the veil that was torn was a literal curtain in a stone building.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews clearly states that the veil they entered in through was the rent flesh of Christ.

Luke 23:45 KJV
[45] And the sun was darkened, and the veil of the temple was rent in the midst.

Hebrews 10:20 KJV
[20] By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;

They were on a hill outside the city, a great distance from that stone temple.

The sun was darkened.

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews clearly states that the veil they entered in through was the rent flesh of Christ.

Luke 23:45 KJV
[45] And the sun was darkened, and the veil of the temple was rent in the midst.

Hebrews 10:20 KJV
[20] By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;

They were on a hill outside the city, a great distance from that stone temple.

The sun was darkened.
And behold, the curtain of the temple was torn in two, from top to bottom; and the earth shook, and the rocks were split; the tombs also were opened, and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised, and coming out of the tombs after his resurrection they went into the holy city and appeared to many.

Reactions: Keturah

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Another sacred cow that bugs me would be the cow that states the veil that was torn was a literal curtain in a stone building.
That is NOT a "sacred cow" but a statement of fact. Which means that you are accusing God of being a liar. Do you still consider yourself a Christian?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Then there is an honest confusion factor.....30,000 Protestant denominations.....Why is the New Testament so hard to interpret?
That number -- 30,000 or 44,000 or whatever -- has itself become a sacred cow. There are no more that THIRTY Christian denominations (as broad groups holding to specific beliefs). Catholic apologists love to throw out that huge number to prove that the Catholic Church is the one true church. But that number is pure deception.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And behold, the curtain of the temple was torn in two, from top to bottom; and the earth shook, and the rocks were split; the tombs also were opened, and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised, and coming out of the tombs after his resurrection they went into the holy city and appeared to many.
Well, what if the temple stated here was the body of Jesus as he told the religious leaders of his day?

The author of Hebrews seems to have concluded that the veil that was rent was the flesh of Christ.

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, what if the temple stated here was the body of Jesus as he told the religious leaders of his day?

The author of Hebrews seems to have concluded that the veil that was rent was the flesh of Christ.
Indeed, But the veil(thick curtain) was torn in two because of the earth quake. 3 Gospels attest to this. And yes there is a symbolic meaning that Paul(yes the author of Hebrews) attest to. Take a look and see. Blessings!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That number -- 30,000 or 44,000 or whatever -- has itself become a sacred cow. There are no more that THIRTY Christian denominations (as broad groups holding to specific beliefs). Catholic apologists love to throw out that huge number to prove that the Catholic Church is the one true church. But that number is pure deception.
I am answering anyone that is reading this.....
This is no mystery. Some say there are 50,000 thousand Protestant denominations worldwide.
I have counted over 30,000 Protestant denominations worldwide and thousands more of the non-denominational churches.
This is easy enough to prove....go count them yourself.....only registered churches count.
Now as far as exact duplicates under different names....I am sure there are.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am answering anyone that is reading this.....
This is no mystery. Some say there are 50,000 thousand Protestant denominations worldwide.
I have counted over 30,000 Protestant denominations worldwide and thousands more of the non-denominational churches.
This is easy enough to prove....go count them yourself.....only registered churches count.
Now as far as exact duplicates under different names....I am sure there are.
I’m not really certain what it is your trying to say?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is NOT a "sacred cow" but a statement of fact. Which means that you are accusing God of being a liar. Do you still consider yourself a Christian?
Oh wow, this is the first time in about three years I’ve taken you off of ignore, what was I thinking.

Back you go.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed, But the veil(thick curtain) was torn in two because of the earth quake. 3 Gospels attest to this. And yes there is a symbolic meaning that Paul(yes the author of Hebrews) attest to. Take a look and see. Blessings!
I believe the writers of the gospels knew very well what the temple of God is.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is it this (thick curtain) is of any significance to you?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m not really certain what it is your trying to say?
Go....Count.....them.....yourself....
This is not a complete list but it will get you started.
Tax free status requires that they be registered denominations.....if the only difference is the name then it lumps things together.
A denomination of like name but different country usually does not report to central "headquarters" and may have different beliefs.
On the other hand I am sure duplicates do exist.
But then again it is pretty safe to say that there are a lot of them.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 10:19-20 KJV
[19] Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, [20] By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;
Says right here the veil leading to the holiest of holies was the rent flesh of Christ.

Ray Charles could see this.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Go....Count.....them.....yourself....
This is not a complete list but it will get you started.
Tax free status requires that they be registered denominations.....if the only difference is the name then it lumps things together.
A denomination of like name but different country usually does not report to central "headquarters" and may have different beliefs.
On the other hand I am sure duplicates do exist.
There are many benefits to alleging a house of God.

Big business!

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe the writers of the gospels knew very well what the temple of God is.
Blessings Waiting on him. What worked on the unsuspecting earlier today, does not work here. Intent is easily seen. As I said, take a look, see for yourself.