So...feb, and still no sign of a major change

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really wish bobbyjo was still here, mainly because I am wondering how he accounts for nothing major taking place. All the prophecies, all the words from others, and yet nothing has come about. So ...... do you doubt God, doubt your inner voice. I have noticed that all the voices are now silent , but where does that place accountability.
Many were rude to those who didn’t fall in line with what was being prophesied........
Honestly, how is everyone handling things after so much hope was placed on ‘ insights ‘ ......
Has it made you question anything ?
How trusting will you be with the people who proclaimed, with certainly, what would unfold?
Perhaps it’s the timing that was out, not the prophecy itself.
Just curious .........
Rita

Hi Rita,
There seems to be only one way to know if there is false prophecy, biblically and that is if what someone said that GOD said to them does NOT happen...fear them not, and know they are giving untrue information. I think we know all there is to know through His final revelation. We know what is to come, it's not to take Christians by surprise. We might not know the how's or when's but, we know the end :)
Some call me a cessationist because of stuff like this but, by nature I am skeptical and weary of much of what some say on here. I do know that old men will dream dreams and such and, for what reason I am not quite sure yet, but we know that they will. We have to be so discerning sis...
xoxo

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh change.....
Have you tried to buy ammo lately?
Or noticed the price of gas at the pump?

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Rita,
There seems to be only one way to know if there is false prophecy, biblically and that is if what someone said that GOD said to them does NOT happen...

I fully agree with this, Nancy. I think the often quoted verse about "If what a prophet says in the name of the Lord does not happen" is actually explained more clearly in Numbers 12:6-8, and relates more specifically to those who profess that the Lord has spoken to them directly, whereas prophets who interpret dreams and visions are operating under a different standard, given that doing so is in effect "seeing through a glass darkly," which is by its very definition not as easy a thing to do, but nevertheless can be done accurately by those who possess a genuine gift.

Reactions: Nancy

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe a better definition of terms is in order. I fully believe dreams and visions can serve as warnings of what the enemy is planning, and/or what will happen should a person do such and such a thing (Acts 21:1-26). But in such cases, maybe they should be better described as "words of knowledge" rather than prophecy? I'm not sure, although I can see how it would seriously confuse outsiders if things were described as "prophecy" and yet the events prophesied didn't come to pass.

Nevertheless, there most certainly should be a use in the body of Christ for divine insight into what the enemy is doing and planning. Purely from a military strategists point of view, I doubt the Lord wants His people being blind to it. After all, Paul's teaching suggests that we should not be ignorant of the enemy's devises, and for me that would most certainly include what he is planning on the world stage where believers are concerned. They have their power because Satan gave it to them, and they are making plans every day. All the better to be prepared in advance mentally, should they follow through on something.

I gave myself anxiety by having an espresso shot in an iced coffee with the intent of spring cleaning, so I can't do life right now, but one I would touch on along with what you're saying, or just look at, are the differences/examples of unconditional vs conditional promises in the Bible if you're up to it.

Jonah's prophecy was a prophecy, but God simply relented because the people were in obedience. The prophesy had already laid out that it was conditional. That's why Jonah was whining so much. Basically saying, "Where is all the terror? Now I look stupid." Jonah wasn't wrong. If you picture it from a real world view, when he had a prophecy, he was probably making it out to be a HUGE deal to all of these people and then it ends up anticlimactic, and so he was probably pretty stressed out about that.

God's response was more on the lines of "Isn't it better that these people are saved and I have compassion on them, than you being right?"

I'm out... Gonna lay down. :)

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really wish bobbyjo was still here, mainly because I am wondering how he accounts for nothing major taking place. All the prophecies, all the words from others, and yet nothing has come about. So ...... do you doubt God, doubt your inner voice. I have noticed that all the voices are now silent , but where does that place accountability.
Many were rude to those who didn’t fall in line with what was being prophesied........
Honestly, how is everyone handling things after so much hope was placed on ‘ insights ‘ ......
Has it made you question anything ?
How trusting will you be with the people who proclaimed, with certainly, what would unfold?
Perhaps it’s the timing that was out, not the prophecy itself.
Just curious .........
Rita

Listening to people and web sites and the rare times I watch "Christian TV" we have more prophets around now than all th eprophets who ever live combined up to the 20th century.

There is some kind of hysteria with people who have had a drem or "vision" to automatically say itis from God. god will tell us of things on a personal level or even for a chruch, but prophecy for a "global" issue is pretty much closed with the book of revelation.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I gave myself anxiety by having an espresso shot in an iced coffee with the intent of spring cleaning, so I can't do life right now, but one I would touch on along with what you're saying, or just look at, are the differences/examples of unconditional vs conditional promises in the Bible if you're up to it.

Jonah's prophecy was a prophecy, but God simply relented because the people were in obedience. The prophesy had already laid out that it was conditional. That's why Jonah was whining so much. Basically saying, "Where is all the terror? Now I look stupid." Jonah wasn't wrong. If you picture it from a real world view, when he had a prophecy, he was probably making it out to be a HUGE deal to all of these people and then it ends up anticlimactic, and so he was probably pretty stressed out about that.

God's response was more on the lines of "Isn't it better that these people are saved and I have compassion on them, than you being right?"

I have the tea leaves going and my prophecy is that it is going to get bad!

Try this, go to Starbuck and buy a hot coffee, as you like it and a large iced mocha.....
Drink the mocha until you get a brain freeze then start drinking the hot coffee....and repeat.

Reactions: dev553344

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Listening to people and web sites and the rare times I watch "Christian TV" we have more prophets around now than all th eprophets who ever live combined up to the 20th century.

There is some kind of hysteria with people who have had a drem or "vision" to automatically say itis from God. god will tell us of things on a personal level or even for a chruch, but prophecy for a "global" issue is pretty much closed with the book of revelation.
I'm of the opinion that God is able to communicate with us in ways that we will know it's Him, and what He is telling us. Confusion is not His way.

Much love!

Reactions: Rita and DuckieLady

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Try this, go to Starbuck and buy a hot coffee, as you like it and a large iced mocha.....
Drink the mocha until you get a brain freeze then start drinking the hot coffee....and repeat.

My last "revelation" was an hour or so ago, while I was cleaning when I said I was going to lay down and I changed my mind, and the only thing I got was God wants me to stop being paranoid. LOL (Not making that up.)

So maybe two caffeinated at the same time to make me quadruple paranoid might not be a good idea right now:D:D

what are you trying to do to me o_Oo_Oo_O

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

BTW As for it getting bad ...

Perhaps, and don't know the cause or what it is exactly right now, but I know the outcome of some of what will happen. Don't fret the "bad stuff". Don't let the doomsday prophets scare you. There could be some terror, potentially- the knowledge of that is blocked off for me and I am not sure if what I did know has passed or not, but if you knew the outcome you would be rejoicing in the Lord for his goodness, protection, and love for those he loves.

Our job is to trust in him and have obedience. That's the most I have right now. (That I'm willing to share... based on what I think it's okay for me to share. I'm not just going to start spouting stuff off.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Grailhunter

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we look at the past few hundred years we have all these prophecies saying the end is near. Yet each time, the even comes and goes and we see nothing happened

I have to wonder if we see things and think we see prophecy being fulfilled, and we want to be a part of it, so we get excited and want to share. Only again to see nothing happened

I think we can be helped if we look to prophecy as told, there are two train of thought. The preterist view and the premillennial view,

a preterist things all or mst have taken place, so they sit back and laugh when someone starts saying the antichrist is Putin, or trump or the United States or whatever,

the premil looks to sign so they can know the end is near.

I think we can see. And maybe all of us premills can understand the birth pangs are here, but what about the rest?

I propose the next prophetic even we can know for a fact will be the abomination of desolation.after which we will see events unfold in great detail and power and sequence up until the return of Christ

for this reason, when I hear anything about prophecy being told or fulfilled in government, or nations or whatever, I take it with a grain of salt, even if the temple was built today, it could be decades before the end comes.

As I remember for 400 years before Christ, God was silent, no scripture no prophecy and Jesus came on the w else suddenly. I have to wonder if the same will not be true for his second coming up until we see the event that starts the whole thing, yes we are told a prince of rome will confirm a covenant. For 7 year, but which prince, which rome, which covenant, its all a guess, until the abomination, which will be seen by all, which will begin the great tribulation which as never has been seen on earth before and after,

anyway just my view,,

it saddens me when people claim what is going on in the us is prophetic, what is going on here happened to rome. A nation that was split into two parties and became so decided, her enemies took her over and she fell, that’s what worries me about the US and her division

Reactions: Rita

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I gave myself anxiety by having an espresso shot in an iced coffee with the intent of spring cleaning, so I can't do life right now

If I did that, they'd have taken me to the hospital, LoL (can't handle caffeine).
but one I would touch on along with what you're saying, or just look at, are the differences/examples of unconditional vs conditional promises in the Bible if you're up to it.

Yes. That's how I see it as playing out as well. I have seen people I regarded as genuine prophets often times make clear distinctions between what can be avoided and what cannot. I suppose in my own case I am simply not anywhere near there yet. In fact, I don't know that I have ever posted or uttered anything I could honestly say was irreversible, but I do believe such prophesies are still uttered today. But they are far more rare. I think it's why many may get the wrong idea from reading Biblical prophecy. I think a far greater percentage of Biblical prophecies were of the irreversible kind, hence why they proved to have come to pass exactly as spoken. But I don't think it accounts for conditional prophecy very well, and leaves us searching for exactly how conditional prophecy actually works.

Take care of yourself. :) That would be overdoing it in virtually anybody's book, let alone in mine.

Reactions: DuckieLady

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Preterist and dispensationalist miss the boat altogether. Both treat the last 2000 odd years of history as an inconsequential blip on the prophetic radar. As if God could only read the very immediate future and the very end. Everything in between was off no consequence, just a few million martyrs, the exponential growth of the church, the greatest apostasy in Christian history, all combined was not important enough to relate. It is no surprise that modem day Christians are falling over themselves trying to stitch together a few cogent speculations and failing utterly.
Looking for the Antichrist when he's already living next door inviting you to your own barbecue. Blind leading the blind.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Preterist and dispensationalist miss the boat altogether. Both treat the last 2000 odd years of history as an inconsequential blip on the prophetic radar. As if God could only read the very immediate future and the very end. Everything in between was off no consequence, just a few million martyrs, the exponential growth of the church, the greatest apostasy in Christian history, all combined was not important enough to relate. It is no surprise that modem day Christians are falling over themselves trying to stitch together a few cogent speculations and failing utterly.
Looking for the Antichrist when he's already living next door inviting you to your own barbecue. Blind leading the blind.
I think this is kind of harsh, and don’t agree in the slightest,

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
harsh maybe but true nevertheless

Everything is always from our perspective and bias. It is just that some are more insistent on their POV based on the bias of their understanding.

Shalom

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think this is kind of harsh, and don’t agree in the slightest,
Yes, it was intended to be harsh. We are living on the cusp of eternity, and people are asleep, content in their own bubbles and only wanting to defend their current erroneous positions rather than seek truth and clearer understanding of prophetic realities. The last 2000 years, in which the Antichrist was revealed, and who every single reformer accurately identified at the cost of their lives, is now considered by Protestantism as an exercise in an irrelevant mistake. Futurism/dispensationalism has and is continuing to blind otherwise sincere Christians to what is truly going on the world around them...and it's going to bite them in the rear as a result. Instead of peering over the horizon for prophecy to fulfil, they need to look at history and recognize it's past fulfilment. Preterists, although not so many in number, also need to recognize that prophecy wasn't intended for just the first generation. Daniel made that clear, and Revelation confirmed it, that prophecy was a long continuous timeline stretching from the time it was revealed, to the final conclusion of all things in the second coming. This 2000 year gap in prophetic history that both extremes push conveniently hide the Antichrist from view. This was never God's intention. So sorry if I sound harsh, but there is no time now for pussy footing around and being gentle and well mannered. People need to wake up...time is too short for sleeping.

Reactions: quietthinker
Status
Not open for further replies.