So...feb, and still no sign of a major change

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am aware of the things you have both relayed but my reference about something ‘ big ‘ occurring was in line with bobbyjo’s prophecy revolving around Trump being reinstated as president and trump and pence being the two witnesses.
I don't know about Pence (since he threw Trump under the bus), but if SCOTUS now does its constitutional duty (since they are now considering those cases that they ignored originally) it is still possible that Trump may be reinstated, and Biden locked up. That does not mean that Revelation 11 is being fulfilled either.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This of course all relies on the theory that the things men do can alter prophecy, such as happened when Jonah prophesied Nineveh would be destroyed but they repented. I don't think repentance played a part, I just think the enemy's plan for the country changed directions, and they went with a different plan.
I don't agree with this line of thought. Prophecy is prophecy ...either it's from God or it isn't. If it doesn't come to pass, it wasn't from God. God knows the end from the beginning. Men don't change God's prophecy. A warning is different...that would be conditional on repentant hearts to thwart judgment.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't agree with this line of thought. Prophecy is prophecy ...either it's from God or it isn't. If it doesn't come to pass, it wasn't from God. God knows the end from the beginning. Men don't change God's prophecy. A warning is different...that would be conditional on repentant hearts to thwart judgment.
For me there are two types of prophecy...conditional and apocalyptic. The conditional was that such as the prophets spoke to their kings, people, and nations regarding their need of repentance, and the inevitable results that would accrue if they refused. Two different outcomes were always on offer, depending on the people's response.
Apocalyptic prophecy however has to do with God's overview of the world and His purposes within that overview. There is nothing that will avert such prophecy. God's people will be cleansed and granted the power to overcome sin in their lives and be presented by Jesus before the Father as spotless and without blemish. Also, the great movements of nations will inevitably bring about the persecution of that same people because of their righteousness and their faith in Jesus. There will also develop a global anti-Christ religio/political conglomerate that will legislate religious worship according to its own version of morality. This "Babylon the Great" will be viciously opposed to God's people because they refuse to submit to Babylon's morality. The vast majority of the world will follow Babylon. The nations and kings and leading merchants of the world will be judged before Christ comes. By that time the entire planet will be divided into just two camps. Those who have received the seal of God, keeping His commandments and having the faith of Jesus, and the vast majority who will receive the mark of the beast. The entire world will be convulsed in destruction and upheaval. There will be a time of trouble that will make the devastation of the flood a present reality in mind and heart. Then Jesus will come in power and great glory to take His people home to meet their Father. The world will be left uninhabitable, poisoned, ruined, and empty of life. This is unconditional. How the nations come together is becoming more apparent as we draw closer to the day, but the finer details we do not know. Nothing however can change what God is doing. Preparing for harvest. The weeds to be destroyed, the wheat to be gathered together and stored. The only things we can change in apocalyptic prophecy is our own personal part we play in that determining our own destiny. Oh, and according to scripture we can speed things up if we play our parts right. But not even the devil can stop what's coming. It's apocalyptic prophecy that is so much fun to discuss, regardless how serious a topic it is, there is an underlying joy in understanding our place in history, and how privileged we are to be a part of such historical events.

Reactions: Rita

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everything is always from our perspective and bias. It is just that some are more insistent on their POV based on the bias of their understanding.

Shalom
While this might be truel saying a group ignores all the stuff of the last 2000 years as meaningless is in error.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, it was intended to be harsh. We are living on the cusp of eternity, and people are asleep, content in their own bubbles and only wanting to defend their current erroneous positions rather than seek truth and clearer understanding of prophetic realities. The last 2000 years, in which the Antichrist was revealed, and who every single reformer accurately identified at the cost of their lives, is now considered by Protestantism as an exercise in an irrelevant mistake. Futurism/dispensationalism has and is continuing to blind otherwise sincere Christians to what is truly going on the world around them...and it's going to bite them in the rear as a result. Instead of peering over the horizon for prophecy to fulfil, they need to look at history and recognize it's past fulfilment. Preterists, although not so many in number, also need to recognize that prophecy wasn't intended for just the first generation. Daniel made that clear, and Revelation confirmed it, that prophecy was a long continuous timeline stretching from the time it was revealed, to the final conclusion of all things in the second coming. This 2000 year gap in prophetic history that both extremes push conveniently hide the Antichrist from view. This was never God's intention. So sorry if I sound harsh, but there is no time now for pussy footing around and being gentle and well mannered. People need to wake up...time is too short for sleeping.
One thing is for sure, you have no grasp of what dispensationalism teaches, true dispensationalism sees the last 2000 years as a part of Gods history with mankind, it is a peace of its own, with power. And great, it is based on what Christ did on the cross 2000years ago, and we have a mission, that mission is to go and bring people to Christ, to be a light in the world, to represent God to the lost people of this earth.

we also know that God is not done, he still has some things he tells us he will do we look forward to this day, we don’t mock it, claim it is done, that their is no future, we give people hope. That no matter how bad it gets here, no matter how evil things and people get. God is not just sitting by, he is patient, willing that on should perish. But one day, he will say enough is enough and their will be tribulation on this earth like no other, then he will come and there will be peace as all is restored, and true evil is defeated,

youwanna mock that, that’s your prerogative, but you want to slander that with your false truths, you sir are part of the problem not the solution

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen

when God says something is going to happen it happens, if it did not happen and we think it should have, it does not give us the right to spiritualise it away or change the prophecy to something that fits our belief system. Just so we can make it real

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For me there are two types of prophecy...conditional and apocalyptic. The conditional was that such as the prophets spoke to their kings, people, and nations regarding their need of repentance, and the inevitable results that would accrue if they refused. Two different outcomes were always on offer, depending on the people's response.
Apocalyptic prophecy however has to do with God's overview of the world and His purposes within that overview. There is nothing that will avert such prophecy. God's people will be cleansed and granted the power to overcome sin in their lives and be presented by Jesus before the Father as spotless and without blemish. Also, the great movements of nations will inevitably bring about the persecution of that same people because of their righteousness and their faith in Jesus. There will also develop a global anti-Christ religio/political conglomerate that will legislate religious worship according to its own version of morality. This "Babylon the Great" will be viciously opposed to God's people because they refuse to submit to Babylon's morality. The vast majority of the world will follow Babylon. The nations and kings and leading merchants of the world will be judged before Christ comes. By that time the entire planet will be divided into just two camps. Those who have received the seal of God, keeping His commandments and having the faith of Jesus, and the vast majority who will receive the mark of the beast. The entire world will be convulsed in destruction and upheaval. There will be a time of trouble that will make the devastation of the flood a present reality in mind and heart. Then Jesus will come in power and great glory to take His people home to meet their Father. The world will be left uninhabitable, poisoned, ruined, and empty of life. This is unconditional. How the nations come together is becoming more apparent as we draw closer to the day, but the finer details we do not know. Nothing however can change what God is doing. Preparing for harvest. The weeds to be destroyed, the wheat to be gathered together and stored. The only things we can change in apocalyptic prophecy is our own personal part we play in that determining our own destiny. Oh, and according to scripture we can speed things up if we play our parts right. But not even the devil can stop what's coming. It's apocalyptic prophecy that is so much fun to discuss, regardless how serious a topic it is, there is an underlying joy in understanding our place in history, and how privileged we are to be a part of such historical events.
Prophecy is prophecy

if God says there will be something that will happen, it will happen, if we can see word for word that it occured in the past (Christ born of a virgin, who suffers for the people) we know it is fulfilled, if we can not find it, has occured (abomination of desolation, and the great tribulation) it is yet future and unfulfilled,

JesusLovesYou

Oct 18, 2020
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really wish bobbyjo was still here, mainly because I am wondering how he accounts for nothing major taking place. All the prophecies, all the words from others, and yet nothing has come about. So ...... do you doubt God, doubt your inner voice. I have noticed that all the voices are now silent , but where does that place accountability.
Many were rude to those who didn’t fall in line with what was being prophesied........
Honestly, how is everyone handling things after so much hope was placed on ‘ insights ‘ ......
Has it made you question anything ?
How trusting will you be with the people who proclaimed, with certainly, what would unfold?
Perhaps it’s the timing that was out, not the prophecy itself.
Just curious .........
Rita

When it comes to inner voices, the problem is that there are too many around, and after a while you don’t know anymore which one to listen to. What makes the matter even more complicated is that some of them sound very much like God’s voice, but if you were to verify against God’s Word, you would find out that they could be different, even if the difference in what was said was just one word or two; those words can make a great impact on the message you hear. Always search the Bible to see if what is said is indeed according to it or not. The Word of God is the ultimate voice. After a while, all other voices will fade away, but for that to happen it might take time and patience. Sooner or later, however, you will hear God’s voice again.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Several passages could be brought into play here, but let's start with your response to Jonah's prophecy. I looked it up this morning, and Fluffy was correct. It did indeed unmistakably take the form of prophecy when he spoke it to the Ninevites:

1 And the word of the Lord came unto Jonah the second time, saying, 2 "Arise, go unto Nineveh, that great city, and preach unto it the preaching that I bid thee." 3 So Jonah arose, and went unto Nineveh, according to the word of the Lord. Now Nineveh was an exceeding great city of three days' journey. 4 And Jonah began to enter into the city a day's journey, and he cried, and said, "Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown." (Jonah 3:1-4).
Amen

when God says something is going to happen it happens, if it did not happen and we think it should have, it does not give us the right to spiritualise it away or change the prophecy to something that fits our belief system. Just so we can make it real

I do agree that opening the door for simply explaining anything and everything away is not a godly thing to do. It justifies deception. But now, I view the question as more complex than you and TLH seem to take it. If you could, please give me what your answer would be to the question above that I was asking her. It has to be accounted for when coming to terms on what constitutes "true" prophecy from "false" prophecy.

Reactions: DuckieLady

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Several passages could be brought into play here, but let's start with your response to Jonah's prophecy. I looked it up this morning, and Fluffy was correct. It did indeed unmistakably take the form of prophecy when he spoke it to the Ninevites:

1 And the word of the Lord came unto Jonah the second time, saying, 2 "Arise, go unto Nineveh, that great city, and preach unto it the preaching that I bid thee." 3 So Jonah arose, and went unto Nineveh, according to the word of the Lord. Now Nineveh was an exceeding great city of three days' journey. 4 And Jonah began to enter into the city a day's journey, and he cried, and said, "Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown." (Jonah 3:1-4).

I do agree that opening the door for simply explaining anything and everything away is not a godly thing to do. It justifies deception. But now, I view the question as more complex than you and TLH seem to take it. If you could, please give me what your answer would be to the question above that I was asking her. It has to be accounted for when coming to terms on what constitutes "true" prophecy from "false" prophecy.
We have to look in context,

God sent jonah there, why would he send them if he was going to destroy the city no matter what.

Would not take that so much of a prophecy but a warning, if something does not change, this will happen.
A prophecy is something for gold that will happen no matter what,

the gentile kingdoms are prophecy, how they will end is prophecy, there are no terms or limits, god said he will

it is like his promise to Abraham and us, I will do this.. not if you do this, Thani will do that, as seen with the mosaic covenant.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have to look in context,

God sent jonah there, why would he send them if he was going to destroy the city no matter what.

Would not take that so much of a prophecy but a warning, if something does not change, this will happen.
A prophecy is something for gold that will happen no matter what,

:) But somebody could say the same thing to you that you were agreeing with TLH on. "Prophecy is prophecy." I don't mean to poke fun or anything, but the text itself is very clear. God sent Jonah to Nineveh specifically to prophecy to them that they would be destroyed in 40 days, and even when the king told the people to repent, it was with no guarantee that God would go back on what was spoken.

6 For word came unto the king of Nineveh, and he arose from his throne, and he laid his robe from him, and covered him with sackcloth, and sat in ashes. 7 And he caused it to be proclaimed and published through Nineveh by the decree of the king and his nobles, saying, Let neither man nor beast, herd nor flock, taste any thing: let them not feed, nor drink water: 8 But let man and beast be covered with sackcloth, and cry mightily unto God: yea, let them turn every one from his evil way, and from the violence that is in their hands. 9 Who can tell if God will turn and repent, and turn away from his fierce anger, that we perish not?

There's also the issue of the next few verses saying that God "repented of the evil." If the Lord didn't change His mind about what He planned to do, then what would He have to "repent" of?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:) But somebody could say the same thing to you that you were agreeing with TLH on. "Prophecy is prophecy." I don't mean to poke fun or anything, but the text itself is very clear. God sent Jonah to Nineveh specifically to prophecy to them that they would be destroyed in 40 days, and even when the king told the people to repent, it was with no guarantee that God would go back on what was spoken.

6 For word came unto the king of Nineveh, and he arose from his throne, and he laid his robe from him, and covered him with sackcloth, and sat in ashes. 7 And he caused it to be proclaimed and published through Nineveh by the decree of the king and his nobles, saying, Let neither man nor beast, herd nor flock, taste any thing: let them not feed, nor drink water: 8 But let man and beast be covered with sackcloth, and cry mightily unto God: yea, let them turn every one from his evil way, and from the violence that is in their hands. 9 Who can tell if God will turn and repent, and turn away from his fierce anger, that we perish not?

There's also the issue of the next few verses saying that God "repented of the evil." If the Lord didn't change His mind about what He planned to do, then what would He have to "repent" of?
To you that is prophecy

to me that is a warning

again huge difference.

God said if a prophet prophecies and that thing which he spoke does not happen, he is not from God,

By Gods own defenition, if God did not carry out his punishment, then Jonah is not a prophet from God

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God said if a prophet prophecies and that thing which he spoke does not happen, he is not from God,

By Gods own definition, if God did not carry out his punishment, then Jonah is not a prophet from God

Ah, see, but you are approaching the question from a supposition, and my problem with that approach is that I think the passage of scripture itself seems to contradict it. Verse 1 says that God commanded Jonah to go to the city and preach what He bid him to preach, and Verse 4 says that when Jonah got there, he preached that the city would be destroyed in 40 days, and it obviously didn't happen.

I think if we allow a doctrinal supposition to influence the way we read passages, we can miss what is actually being said when looking closely at the actual wording. This is why I never look to commentaries or anyone else's opinions first when examining a passage and coming to a conclusion on what it is saying. I think the only way to come to accurate interpretation of the word of God is by letting it say what it actually says and then building my doctrines around that.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, see, but you are approaching the question from a supposition, and my problem with that approach is that I think the passage of scripture itself seems to contradict it. Verse 1 says that God commanded Jonah to go to the city and preach what He bid him to preach, and Verse 4 says that when Jonah got there, he preached that the city would be destroyed in 40 days, and it obviously didn't happen.

I think if we allow a doctrinal supposition to influence the way we read passages, we can miss what is actually being said when looking closely at the actual wording. This is why I never look to commentaries or anyone else's opinions first when examining a passage and coming to a conclusion on what it is saying. I think the only way to come to accurate interpretation of the word of God is by letting it say what it actually says and then building my doctrines around that.
Yep it did not happen

that proves it was not prophecy, but it was a warning

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LoL. Ok, I can see we are at an impasse. :)

No problems. I understand the viewpoint, I'm just not sure it can be supported by the scriptures themselves.

God bless, though. Just curious.
I just come from the view prophecy serves a purpose, it proves who God is as he can show things will happen in the future and when it does. People see it is from him,

What happened with Jonah did not serve that purpose, it was a warning to the people. Not to prove who God was. So it does not fit.

just sharing what I see, God bless..

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prophecy is prophecy

if God says there will be something that will happen, it will happen, if we can see word for word that it occured in the past (Christ born of a virgin, who suffers for the people) we know it is fulfilled, if we can not find it, has occured (abomination of desolation, and the great tribulation) it is yet future and unfulfilled,
Yes, and these prophecies were related to this recent election ...not a future one. So the election prophecies saying Trump would win were wrong. (I still don't know that events won't come about to reinstate Trump. But there is a ton of deception in all of this, on both sides.)

Reactions: amigo de christo

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So the election prophecies saying Trump would win were wrong.
No. They were NOT wrong. Trump did win hands down. That is indisputable.

Simply because his victory was stolen through election fraud does not mean that he lost. It simply means that all the criminal conspirators got away with murder. And had the Supreme Court done its constitutional duty, Trump would be in the White House right now, and Biden and Harris would be behind bars as co-conspirators. Normally fraud across state lines is a major federal crime.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we could change and manipulate God's prophecies, there would be no warnings and consequences given to those whose "prophecies" didn't come to pass (which is proof they weren't from God).

Now, similar to something @FluffyYellowDuck has said recently... I have seen people with rank in the cult give "prophecies" based on inside information they had from satan's plans, who dictates the plans of the elite cult.

Status
Not open for further replies.