So...feb, and still no sign of a major change

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really wish bobbyjo was still here, mainly because I am wondering how he accounts for nothing major taking place. All the prophecies, all the words from others, and yet nothing has come about. So ...... do you doubt God, doubt your inner voice. I have noticed that all the voices are now silent , but where does that place accountability.
Many were rude to those who didn’t fall in line with what was being prophesied........
Honestly, how is everyone handling things after so much hope was placed on ‘ insights ‘ ......
Has it made you question anything ?
How trusting will you be with the people who proclaimed, with certainly, what would unfold?
Perhaps it’s the timing that was out, not the prophecy itself.
Just curious .........
Rita

I've never claimed to be a prophet, but have believed in prophets at various times. Actually, I've struggled with them all my life, ever since David Wilkerson came out with his "Vision." With so much back and forth on it, I have to wonder how good it really is? The prophets recently had been foretelling Trump's victory. Kim Clement's prophecy of Trump's 2nd term obviously failed, although the very idea that Trump ran and won made his prophecy about Trump amazing.

I really don't know what to make of it, but I have withdrawn support from the "prophets" until God helps me to see more clearly. I accept that prophecies exist. I just don't know when to believe them or not?

My guidance from God has a different means, and is much more reliable. It is a combination of seeking God's help in implementing good ideas, and then watching circumstances favor the development or not. Works like a charm! ;)

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really wish bobbyjo was still here, mainly because I am wondering how he accounts for nothing major taking place. All the prophecies, all the words from others, and yet nothing has come about. So ...... do you doubt God, doubt your inner voice. I have noticed that all the voices are now silent , but where does that place accountability.
Many were rude to those who didn’t fall in line with what was being prophesied........
Honestly, how is everyone handling things after so much hope was placed on ‘ insights ‘ ......
Has it made you question anything ?
How trusting will you be with the people who proclaimed, with certainly, what would unfold?
Perhaps it’s the timing that was out, not the prophecy itself.
Just curious .........
Rita

:)If they believed these "prophets" telling them that the orange man was going to be their King Cyrus to ride in and save "their" country from doom, then their faith in God is seriously in doubt to me. Their "faith" ain't in God, its in man, comparing that chump to a legendary religious figure. All I see are gentile believers taking L's left right and center, and more L's are soon to come. God is not done yet, he's just getting started with this wicked nation.

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
With respect to BobbyJo, I had no delusions about his understanding which was based on the understandings of the reformation figures who used the Daniel 2 & 7 chapters to demonise the Roman Catholic Church and the Pope.

Within the USA there were many "profits/prophets" making prophecies that people on both sides of the political spectrum were wanting to hear. Some "christians" as still waiting for the trump triumph to occur.

What the sad aspect of all of the prophets for me was, they did not understand that the USA "kingdom/empire" lead, as scripture declares, by the king of the North along with a coalition of some 20 nations/countries, entered the Land of Babylon, i.e. Iraq, and tried to heal the land, during the time that the Jews/Israel were seeking the way to Mt Zion and the punishment for their disregard for God's prophetic words with respect to what God required to happen to Iraq/Babylon, was that those nations by the edges of the sea, would be filled with people who are described as locusts, and that they would raise up a shout over the land.

I mentioned this prophecy a number of times, on this forum and one other, but sadly, or so it seemed to me, people were not wanting to hear what the scriptures were saying about what was happening in the USA over the past number of years, as recorded in Jeremiah in Chapters 50 and 51. Johnny Howards, a support of the rhetoric to invade Iraq and other nations among the Islamic countries has also caused this same curse to unfold in Australia, but the curse is not as far advanced as it is in the USA.

As far as the major change happening in the USA, it already has and one would have to be blind Freddy to miss it.

The next undertaking of the King of the North during our times in around 25 or so years time, is to lead the nations as they assemble at Armageddon in a last ditched effort to stop the rebuilding of the Temple in Jerusalem, and to trample of God's hosts here on the earth for being foolish enough in their attempt to rebuild the temple which was destroyed in 70 AD.

During the time of these kings, God will establish His everlasting Kingdom here on the earth and a foundation stone, untouched by human hands, will come down out of heaven to become the highest mountain/religion on the face of the earth.

There have been reeds blown by the winds who have been proclaiming that God's prophetic word as recorded in scripture will be coming to pass.

However, others, without the authority of God, have been prophesying that which has not been recorded in the scriptures as if their knowledge is above reproach in all things, but the translations that we revere, have hidden God's truth from us, which they have relied on for their justification for their prophetic words.

Shalom
I get a bit lost with revelation, so I find it hard to interact with those who have really studied and watched the times. I simply don’t know enough. It’s only a few years ago that I begun to see the ‘ Last days ‘ as starting after the resurrection. Is there a difference between someone studying in depth and proclaiming insights on the word of God to someone who simply proclaims a message about events unfolding in the here and now.
One is surely proclaiming an authority on interpretation, one is proclaiming prophecy, but are both of those things part of the gift of prophecy itself ?
Thank you so much for sharing your insights- I did read your posts regarding Jeremiah. As I said I find it hard responding to in-depth discussion on the last days - but I read more than I post xx
Rita

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you claim God gave you the damn prophecy, you are also the one interpreting it by default according to what God tells you it means. This is not rocket science. All you have to do is read the Bible and see how REAL prophets get down for the Lord.....its that simple. ;)

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
People forget that prophecy is to be understood after the event.. Not before.
"I have told you these things before, that when they come to pass you shall know that I am He".
I am trying to work out if I agree with this or not, have to give it some thought. Personally I see prophecy as having two sides, yes I agree that they prove who Jesus is, they confirm his identity and authority. However don’t you think they were also given to give hope and often teach Gods people to know his voice in the here and now. The testimony I shared earlier about my daughters pregnancy was a test of faith for me, also it taught me to know that inner voice, that inner prompt to convey a message. I was quite young to the works of the Holy Spirit as I had been in a church family that were not open to the gifts.
Also a few years later The Holy Spirit laid more on my heart about my family with the strong words ‘ you must concentrate on the victory ‘ The Lord was conveying that we were going to go through some tough times where as a Christian mum I would not be able to help my children, they would suffer, but it would result in my family coming to faith. At the time my children were much younger, the suffering was ahead of them, one by one I have had to give each of my children to the Lord for his care because I haven’t been able to take away their pain, but I am always prompted to remember those words ‘you must concentrate on the victory ‘ that relays to me that God knew I would struggle to keep focussed, to lose sight because of their suffering.
Just after those words were given all those years ago, the passage from scripture that kept coming up was about Mary ‘ pondering the things in her heart ‘ . I wrote all the things down, with a date, and have held onto those things, in my heart. I have yet to see the victory.
Rita

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Prophecy is one of those things that is there to offer guidance on how to move forward.
It is never good news.

For example...
During the Oliver discourse Jesus explained exactly when to leave Jerusalem because it was going to be destroyed. He even gave a short term prophecy to prove He wasn't kidding.

And when Jerusalem fell...it was exactly in line with the day He predicted. But the effect was that none of the Christian Community was left in Jerusalem when it did become besieged. They went to the Gadarenes area where the man who had spirit Legion exorcised from him had been busy evangelizing the area and the Christian Community there welcomed the Jerusalem exiles. But many did migrate North and eventually west into Asia...where John had mentioned in his letter "Revelations" and addressed the Christian Community.

There was a significant group that went South into Egypt and West into Iran/Iraq area as well. Unfortunately due to recent Moslem extremism these Christian communities have had to flee. Even those in Turkey aren't doing so well either.

But I digressed...

The FORM and FUNCTION of prophecy is always the same. It's been a long time since I have seen one given in any form of proper form and function.
Yes, I agree that often as not it is to prepare and guide, but I do not agree that it is never good news. Abraham was told that him and Sarah would have a baby in old age and that he would be the father of a nation. Mary was told of the special birth of Jesus, Elizabeth equally would bear a son who would be used in a mighty way. Throughout the OT their were prophecies about Jesus the messiah, good news.
Revelation can be viewed as conveying some really dark times, but it is a book of hope.
I guess it depends on your focus !
Rita

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am trying to work out if I agree with this or not, have to give it some thought. Personally I see prophecy as having two sides, yes I agree that they prove who Jesus is, they confirm his identity and authority. However don’t you think they were also given to give hope and often teach Gods people to know his voice in the here and now. The testimony I shared earlier about my daughters pregnancy was a test of faith for me, also it taught me to know that inner voice, that inner prompt to convey a message. I was quite young to the works of the Holy Spirit as I had been in a church family that were not open to the gifts.
Also a few years later The Holy Spirit laid more on my heart about my family with the strong words ‘ you must concentrate on the victory ‘ The Lord was conveying that we were going to go through some tough times where as a Christian mum I would not be able to help my children, they would suffer, but it would result in my family coming to faith. At the time my children were much younger, the suffering was ahead of them, one by one I have had to give each of my children to the Lord for his care because I haven’t been able to take away their pain, but I am always prompted to remember those words ‘you must concentrate on the victory ‘ that relays to me that God knew I would struggle to keep focussed, to lose sight because of their suffering.
Just after those words were given all those years ago, the passage from scripture that kept coming up was about Mary ‘ pondering the things in her heart ‘ . I wrote all the things down, with a date, and have held onto those things, in my heart. I have yet to see the victory.
Rita
If it was the way @Backlit is saying then Jonah and the whale would never have happened. But it did and Jonah knew what the prophecy meant.

Reactions: Rita

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I've never claimed to be a prophet, but have believed in prophets at various times. Actually, I've struggled with them all my life, ever since David Wilkerson came out with his "Vision." With so much back and forth on it, I have to wonder how good it really is? The prophets recently had been foretelling Trump's victory. Kim Clement's prophecy of Trump's 2nd term obviously failed, although the very idea that Trump ran and won made his prophecy about Trump amazing.

I really don't know what to make of it, but I have withdrawn support from the "prophets" until God helps me to see more clearly. I accept that prophecies exist. I just don't know when to believe them or not?

My guidance from God has a different means, and is much more reliable. It is a combination of seeking God's help in implementing good ideas, and then watching circumstances favor the development or not. Works like a charm! ;)
Did you ever listen to the whole of Kim Clements prophecy?
It was fascinating and I don’t think you can actually say it hasn’t been fulfilled. The prophecy never claimed that he would have a second term in a row, that was said by people interpreting the prophecy and jumping to conclusions. As to David Wilkinson, once again often as not it was people Who were looking at the prophecy and presuming it was about now. Don’t we do that with the book of revelation. The revelation itself is not wrong, just the way it is weighed up. Rita

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I assumed Bobby Jo just bailed, given how hard be pounded away at that Two Witnesses thing. I suppose he figured he'd made himself too big a target after all that.
That’s the sad part, why would it be so wrong to actually admit that you got something wrong about the timing, I would have far more respect for someone who did that rather than just make excuses and try and turn it around to not lose face. This is what the you tuber did ( sorry can’t remember his name now, but the video was discussed on the forum )all he had offered was his interpretation of the dreams he had, he never conveyed the dreams. He had much to lose because he needed to keep his followers on you tube.
This opens up another aspect, when to share what is laid on your heart , when to ponder it, and do people place enough distance to discern what The Lord is saying , why and how He wants it to be used.
Earlier on @Devin Wintch made a really good point , he said ‘ they ( prophecy/insights ) are suppose to glorify God, and not me”
The you tuber, the commentator proclaiming interpretation of the Kim Clements video, and others, who are they glorifying. Are they endeavouring to ‘ make a name for themselves and been seen as an expert ‘
Is there a sense in which many may have to learn to be humbled because they have presumed they ‘know it all ‘
I remember quite early on when I was ‘learning about gifting ‘ I thought I knew it all and rushed in a shared what was laid on my heart, boy did I have to learn the hard way that revealing what has been laid on my heart was still in Gods hands, not mine. ( it’s a long story, but just say my pride had to be dealt with ! )
Rita

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
When it comes to inner voices, the problem is that there are too many around, and after a while you don’t know anymore which one to listen to. What makes the matter even more complicated is that some of them sound very much like God’s voice, but if you were to verify against God’s Word, you would find out that they could be different, even if the difference in what was said was just one word or two; those words can make a great impact on the message you hear. Always search the Bible to see if what is said is indeed according to it or not. The Word of God is the ultimate voice. After a while, all other voices will fade away, but for that to happen it might take time and patience. Sooner or later, however, you will hear God’s voice again.
I do agree with regards to biblical prophecy, but I do believe that God speaks to individuals through the Holy Spirit in the here and now about things unfolding. I do believe there needs to be discernment , time to discern, and wisdom and all this needs to be done prayerfully.
Rita

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I see what you're saying....but still, God did not call it prophecy. He called it preaching.
I guess Jonah would be the case that the Lord was telling them what would happen if they did not repent, it was a warning , proclaimed in a message, but a prophecy would be fulfilled if they didn’t adhere. Very much like the people of God before they were taken into captivity. We can look back and see ‘ it came true ‘, so on one level it could be defined as prophecy, but it wasn’t a prophetic message as such.
I guess a valid question is what is prophecy - It’s Gods speaking his knowledge and awareness of what’s going on in this world. Rita

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
For me there are two types of prophecy...conditional and apocalyptic. The conditional was that such as the prophets spoke to their kings, people, and nations regarding their need of repentance, and the inevitable results that would accrue if they refused. Two different outcomes were always on offer, depending on the people's response.

I am trying to work out if I agree with this or not, have to give it some thought.
I'm only referencing this in relation to biblical prophecy.

If it was the way @Backlit is saying then Jonah and the whale would never have happened. But it did and Jonah knew what the prophecy meant.
I don't see any inconsistency with Jonah prophesying to Nineveh and the result of the prophecy being uncertain to onlookers... Even to the king.
However, I didn't make myself particularly clear that Jesus, in His showing his disciples the way of knowing of a certainty prophetic fulfillment, He was speaking of unconditional apocalyptic prophecy. God never intended that we would use prophecy to foretell the future like clairvoyants. We see that all the time with people claiming this and that is going to take place and this person or that is the Antichrist, but all of it is based on guesswork and presumption.
We can have a general understanding of the future. But it's based on history because history repeats. History develops patterns. The great movements of history repeat because the players on stage have the same goals and have forged habits, so understanding where things are going in the world religiously and politically of based on the historicist hermeneutic is a relatively simple matter if one appreciates and holds to the same rules... The Bible interprets itself, and prophecy is best understood after it's fulfillment.

Reactions: Rita

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I fully agree with this, Nancy. I think the often quoted verse about "If what a prophet says in the name of the Lord does not happen" is actually explained more clearly in Numbers 12:6-8, and relates more specifically to those who profess that the Lord has spoken to them directly, whereas prophets who interpret dreams and visions are operating under a different standard, given that doing so is in effect "seeing through a glass darkly," which is by its very definition not as easy a thing to do, but nevertheless can be done accurately by those who possess a genuine gift.

Hi HIH,
Yes, I can tell the difference. Wasn't really following BobbyJo with all that just a couple posts of his. I do not recall if he was stating that God Himself said so and so would win the election, or if he just remembered a dream wrong?

Wish he would come back, I kind of feel bad for him, the whackadoo! :D J/K @Bobby Jo

Reactions: Hidden In Him

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm only referencing this in relation to biblical prophecy.

I don't see any inconsistency with Jonah prophesying to Nineveh and the result of the prophecy being uncertain to onlookers... Even to the king.
However, I didn't make myself particularly clear that Jesus, in His showing his disciples the way of knowing of a certainty prophetic fulfillment, He was speaking of unconditional apocalyptic prophecy. God never intended that we would use prophecy to foretell the future like clairvoyants. We see that all the time with people claiming this and that is going to take place and this person or that is the Antichrist, but all of it is based on guesswork and presumption.
We can have a general understanding of the future. But it's based on history because history repeats. History develops patterns. The great movements of history repeat because the players on stage have the same goals and have forged habits, so understanding where things are going in the world religiously and politically of based on the historicist hermeneutic is a relatively simple matter if one appreciates and holds to the same rules... The Bible interprets itself, and prophecy is best understood after it's fulfillment.

I think there are some ideas you just presented, let me put them into my words.

1) With Jonah Nineveh was to be destroyed unless they repented, no doubt or misunderstanding about it. It did not need to come true first.

Jonah 3:4-5 "4 And Jonah began to enter into the city a day's journey, and he cried, and said, Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown. 5 So the people of Nineveh believed God, and proclaimed a fast, and put on sackcloth, from the greatest of them even to the least of them."

2) A prophecy can only be certainly from God if it comes to pass.

Deuteronomy 18:22 "When a prophet speaketh in the name of the Lord, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the Lord hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him."

3) There are many false prophets and preachers out there trying to sell God and make money in this day of scammers and con men, perhaps some think they are prophets too, Jesus would probably be appalled.

Reactions: Brakelite

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I assumed Bobby Jo just bailed, given how hard be pounded away at that Two Witnesses thing. I suppose he figured he'd made himself too big a target after all that.
I felt bad for him. I've been a Christian long enough to have seen this kind of thing often enough to know you just don't make such bold statements like he did.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess Jonah would be the case that the Lord was telling them what would happen if they did not repent, it was a warning , proclaimed in a message, but a prophecy would be fulfilled if they didn’t adhere. Very much like the people of God before they were taken into captivity. We can look back and see ‘ it came true ‘, so on one level it could be defined as prophecy, but it wasn’t a prophetic message as such.
I guess a valid question is what is prophecy - It’s Gods speaking his knowledge and awareness of what’s going on in this world. Rita

I think as I have shown as when God gave the warning of what makes a true prophet from a false one
Deut 18: 22 when a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the thing does not happen or come to pass, that is the thing which the Lord has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously

taken with what backlit shared earlier
People forget that prophecy is to be understood after the event.. Not before.
"I have told you these things before, that when they come to pass you shall know that I am He".

that prophecy has a purpose, that purpose is to show those who witness the event come to pass will know the lord God is He.

when we look at jonah, the people were ninevah, if it was given to show them that the Lord is he, well, it would fail because if it came true, no one would be alive,

hence it was a message of warning, or a teaching. Not a prophecy in the sense of what the purpose of prophecy is used by God for,

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I felt bad for him. I've been a Christian long enough to have seen this kind of thing often enough to know you just don't make such bold statements like he did.
I try and try, but I can not see a reason God would prophecy who would win an election.
I think we have to remember, some times the voices we hear are not God, satan comes and an angel of light....

It is sad, how many have spoken and the thing failed and then they crashed and burned. Praying for our dear brother

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... where's @Bobby Jo? They should still be here, They have things to contribute!

Hey DW,

Actually, ROBIN D. BULLOCK has already surmised that Trump is "David" in 2 Sam. 13-19. And David's dilemma took SIX CHAPTERS to overcome. His problem wasn't resolved before it took effect; it wasn't resolved with a day, or a week, or even several weeks. And so too for Trump.

Plus our Modern Prophets HAVE STATED that the path will come through PENNSYLVANIA, -- not Texas, or any other State petition --; and as of Friday, the SCOTUS has started the review of a NUMBER of filings which include PENNSYLVANIA.

So thanks for asking, and I hope this is an encouragement that Trump & Pence will be RIGHTFULLY RESTORED to the Whitehouse!

With Best Regards,
Bobby Jo

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey DW,

Actually, ROBIN D. BULLOCK has already surmised that Trump is "David" in 2 Sam. 13-19. And David's dilemma took SIX CHAPTERS to overcome. His problem wasn't resolved before it took effect; it wasn't resolved with a day, or a week, or even several weeks. And so too for Trump.

Plus our Modern Prophets HAVE STATED that the path will come through PENNSYLVANIA, -- not Texas, or any other State petition --; and as of Friday, the SCOTUS has started the review of a NUMBER of filings which include PENNSYLVANIA.

So thanks for asking, and I hope this is an encouragement that Trump & Pence will be RIGHTFULLY RESTORED to the Whitehouse!

With Best Regards,
Bobby Jo
This worries me.

God is in coo troll no matter who is in office,

let’s stop being what we complained about for 4 years, and let it rest.

we are making ourself no better than they are, and not practicing what we preached for 4 years

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...Wish he would come back, ...

Are you familiar with the term "buyer's remorse"? ;) Yep, you're gonna regret making that wish!!!

Yeah, my understanding about Trump is not based upon a dream or any modern prophet, but is simply based upon Prophetic Scripture where the Prophetic Psalms provides the time-line in which we MUST HAVE the Two Witnesses as of 2016 to 2017. And although I originally thought they might have been Trump & Netanyahu, I came to the conclusion that these Two Witnesses are apparently Trump & Pence.

And given that they're the Two Witnesses, they'd only be "together" if still President & Vice President. So if they're to be murdered in the streets TOGETHER, they must first be BACK IN THE WHITEHOUSE.

See I warned you! :rolleyes:

With VERY BEST REGARDS,
Bobby Jo

Reactions: Nancy
Status
Not open for further replies.