...so what did you have for dinner tonight?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yummy.
I am sure if Dave dropped dead, I would live on toast, eggs, salad, and hot cereal. I never have liked cooking, even less baking!
Give me a trowel and stick me in the garden and I am good for hours...but the kitchen, not so much.
I only cooked because I had to, and made good meals, but now Dave is retired he does it all, and he enjoys it! But, pull a weed NO, you'd never catch him in the yard except with a book and in a lounger! Ha!

Ha! I am with Dave on the gardening! I love my house plants but, I am NOT a gardener. Although, I will be trying out a new tomato "hanging" plant this year...we'll see ;)

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yummy.
I am sure if Dave dropped dead, I would live on toast, eggs, salad, and hot cereal. I never have liked cooking, even less baking!
Give me a trowel and stick me in the garden and I am good for hours...but the kitchen, not so much.
I only cooked because I had to, and made good meals, but now Dave is retired he does it all, and he enjoys it! But, pull a weed NO, you'd never catch him in the yard except with a book and in a lounger! Ha!

When Cheryl & I first got Married She made it very clear She wasn't a cook, so I can understand Quite well!!
I do not like the price of beef these day's, so I live mainly on Chicken & Veggie Patty's, Salad's, Rice, and refried Beans.
Good to see you are doing OK!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ha! My wife was not a cook at when we married almost 47 years ago. She used me as a guinea pig and final result was her becoming a great cook and me gaining weight.
Give God the glory!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We ended up with sausages...but they were a bit salty. We wont get that brand again. :(

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ha! My wife was not a cook at when we married almost 47 years ago. She used me as a guinea pig and final result was her becoming a great cook and me gaining weight.
Give God the glory!

Well I wasn't the Inspiration for better cooking, Cheryl was a decent cook, and I was never unsatisfied with what She cooked! I did gain weight, but in Idaho it was due to long winter's, and here in Arizona long hot summer's, with half gallon's of ice-cream!! I have managed to drop 34 pounds in the last 4 months, due mainly to a big change in diet that Cheryl started us on! I did go to Parker AZ to a Safeway and picked up a good supply of Lamb, need to switch from chicken now and then, and they carry Lamb in more abundance during Passover!

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We ended up with sausages...but they were a bit salty. We wont get that brand again. :(

Well Helen going to a British place for lunch/dinner ..Friar Tuck's..driving everyone there...with wife...sister-in-law and she will be leaving next week after 11 weeks in the house......finally......and a lady that loves the Lord in the area, a few years older than you, that always tries to persuade me to go to other places afterwards...like an antiques barn another 40 minutes down the road....not happening today...
Back to the food...I think I'll get the Cottage Pie....yum yum..

Hope all is well with you and family...and keep on moving and pressing to the finish line..Blessings to all

APAK

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well I wasn't the Inspiration for better cooking, Cheryl was a decent cook, and I was never unsatisfied with what She cooked! I did gain weight, but in Idaho it was due to long winter's, and here in Arizona long hot summer's, with half gallon's of ice-cream!! I have managed to drop 34 pounds in the last 4 months, due mainly to a big change in diet that Cheryl started us on! I did go to Parker AZ to a Safeway and picked up a good supply of Lamb, need to switch from chicken now and then, and they carry Lamb in more abundance during Passover!

Good to see you Glenn :)
Oh don't we here in Canada know about gaining weight during our L O N G long winters. :eek:

We love lamb, being brought up in Britain...I get bored with chicken which we have a lot.
But, we try to be thankful for all food. :)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well Helen going to a British place for lunch/dinner ..Friar Tuck's..driving everyone there...with wife...sister-in-law and she will be leaving next week after 11 weeks in the house......finally......and a lady that loves the Lord in the area, a few years older than you, that always tries to persuade me to go to other places afterwards...like an antiques barn another 40 minutes down the road....not happening today...
Back to the food...I think I'll get the Cottage Pie....yum yum..

Hope all is well with you and family...and keep on moving and pressing to the finish line..Blessings to all

APAK

Your sister in law sounds in fine shape, in wanting to go hither, thither and yon...she must have more energy than me...my vitality seems to have got lost somewhere along the way! Ha!

Wish we could join you at the British restaurants. There is not even a good fish and chip shop here.
My daughter 56 and family just went back for a visit to England, sadly they had cold and rain every day...but they did have fish and chips in every town and village they visited and gave us a running commentary on where the best of the best were. All were good, but a place Coventry came up tops. :D

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your sister in law sounds in fine shape, in wanting to go hither, thither and yon...she must have more energy than me...my vitality seems to have got lost somewhere along the way! Ha!

Wish we could join you at the British restaurants. There is not even a good fish and chip shop here.
My daughter 56 and family just went back for a visit to England, sadly they had cold and rain every day...but they did have fish and chips in every town and village they visited and gave us a running commentary on where the best of the best were. All were good, but a place Coventry came up tops. :D

Buffalo has wonderful "fish fry's" They use haddock. I love them but...they are fried! I like cod fish and make it at home...very simple. Use searing powder before browning them a fry pan with very little olive oil, then in the oven to finish...as soon as taking it out of the oven, squeeze fresh lemon over it and cover right away so the lemon infuses the cod...then a small sweet potato (baked, long and at low temp) and a nice fresh veggie like, whole green beans or broccoli! Yummmeeee :)
BTW is Apak in England right now??!!! Wish I could visit!

Reactions: Helen
D

Dave L

Fish and Chips with vinegar and a sack full of Wimpy Burgers... yum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Helen and Nancy
D

Dave L

Ohhhh, Wimpy Burgers! How clever...I'm surprised other burger joints never used that name, lol.
My wife and I used to eat "Wimpy Burgers" by the sack full when we lived in London England for a while... back in the 70s. It's a chain over there just like Micky D's is here. And has street vendors with push carts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Fish and Chips with vinegar and a sack full of Wimpy Burgers... yum.

Haha!! A man after my own heart :)

Today I seemed to just snack all day..with all bad stuff..so had no real meal:(
Had a very naughty day with food choices!!!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My wife and I used to eat "Wimpy Burgers" by the sack full when we lived in London England for a while... back in the 70s. It's a chain over there just like Micky D's is here. And has street vendors with push carts.

Did you ever eat hot chestnuts in a small bag from the vendors over there?
And what about ' Jellied Eels ' and cockles ? ( Jellied eels ,which I can't even try, but have tried cockles , like chewing rubber ...but hubby loves 'em as he used to be a jockey in his younger days and the race track was full of vendors.
But the hot chestnuts were on the street corners in London.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Buffalo has wonderful "fish fry's" They use haddock. I love them but...they are fried! I like cod fish and make it at home...very simple. Use searing powder before browning them a fry pan with very little olive oil, then in the oven to finish...as soon as taking it out of the oven, squeeze fresh lemon over it and cover right away so the lemon infuses the cod...then a small sweet potato (baked, long and at low temp) and a nice fresh veggie like, whole green beans or broccoli! Yummmeeee :)
BTW is Apak in England right now??!!! Wish I could visit!

That sounds so tasty. Everything I ate today was sweet. So no sugar for me tomorrow!! :eek:

Reactions: Nancy