...so what did you have for dinner tonight?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D

Dave L

Did you ever eat hot chestnuts in a small bag from the vendors over there?
And what about ' Jellied Eels ' and cockles ? ( Jellied eels ,which I can't even try, but have tried cockles , like chewing rubber ...but hubby loves 'em as he used to be a jockey in his younger days and the race track was full of vendors.
But the hot chestnuts were on the street corners in London.
I never heard of what you mention except for chestnuts until now. We mainly ate fish & chips and Wimpy Burgers. Also Indian restaurant food with lots of curry. Chinese "take away" which was really good. My wife also cooked some.

Reactions: Helen

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We had McDonald's actually. Just didn't feel like cooking. But been having to indulge on carbs for my glucose test today so had a late snack before needing to fast. That was a bit healthier. I had spinach from a can and whole wheat bread with milk. Hubby just despises spinach.

Reactions: amadeus

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We had meat balls with awesome gravy , potatoes and carrots. With an ice cream bar to follow! :)
We have enough over to repeat again today.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
ham and cheese pancakes.

how about a topic on what you ate back when you were single, that would be fun. i used to live on the cheese in a can with crackers, i ate so much my brother told me i was gonna die if i didnt change my eating habits.

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I still have left over corn fritter mixture so I may make that for lunch. :) @jaybird. Please create another thread about what you ate while single. That would be very interesting.

I know that students have the amazing capacity to make something out of nothing. They sure know how to survive with a limited budget and we can learn a lot from them...

R

Rita

I had cheese on toast last night, I was to tired to cook.
Today Dan has done some eggs with spinach, tomatoes and herbs, they are cooking in the oven - I think he is doing Caesar’s salad , without the chicken as he is vegetarian. I will have it with a haddock and cheese fish cake .
Rita

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I had cheese on toast last night, I was to tired to cook.
Today Dan has done some eggs with spinach, tomatoes and herbs, they are cooking in the oven - I think he is doing Caesar’s salad , without the chicken as he is vegetarian. I will have it with a haddock and cheese fish cake .
Rita

Oh Rita , it is only 9.30am and your post has made me hungry...I love the sound of the cheese fish cake! To die for. Haddock...one of my faves too! xx

R

Rita

Oh Rita , it is only 9.30am and your post has made me hungry...I love the sound of the cheese fish cake! To die for. Haddock...one of my faves too! xx
Dave did that on SIT2 , he mentioned toad in the hole ...........
Well the fish cakes were sooooooo nice xx
Rita

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Supper-
Fried sausage, potatoes, onions, kale slaw, cherry cobbler, milk.

God is Good,
Taken

R

Rita

Supper-
Fried sausage, potatoes, onions, kale slaw, cherry cobbler, milk.

God is Good,
Taken
Kale slaw, is that the same as our coleslaw I wonder!!
Cherry cobbler with milk, ok wouldn’t put milk with dessert- so wonder if that is like our ideal milk ( creamier than ordinary bottled milk )
This is th do lay problem being in different countries .......things are not called the same all the time !
Sounds good though xxx
Rita

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Kale slaw, is that the same as our coleslaw I wonder!!
Cherry cobbler with milk, ok wouldn’t put milk with dessert- so wonder if that is like our ideal milk ( creamier than ordinary bottled milk )
This is th do lay problem being in different countries .......things are not called the same all the time !
Sounds good though xxx
Rita

Kale slaw is mainly chopped kale, chopped red cabbage, slivered carrots. We make the dressing, and typically add chopped nuts and dried cranberries. Have this on a regular basis.
Milk...we drink with every meal and dessert and snacks, even popcorn!
Prefer non-pasteurized, but not always available.

God is Good,
Taken

R

Rita

Kale slaw is mainly chopped kale, chopped red cabbage, slivered carrots. We make the dressing, and typically add chopped nuts and dried cranberries. Have this on a regular basis.
Milk...we drink with every meal and dessert and snacks, even popcorn!
Prefer non-pasteurized, but not always available.

God is Good,
Taken
Our coleslaw uses white cabbage instead of red, has carrots and onions and a dressing. Yours sounds amazing
Oh I see, you drink the milk, I thought you meant you had cobbler with milk poured over it !!! Lol
I can’t remember the last time I drank a glass of milk, only have it in tea or over cereal.
Rita