So what will be the Mark of the Beast at the end time

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But, because the Pharisees did take the scriptures literally, they "missed the day of their visitation", and therefore are not in the KoG .
The same thing is going to happen to church-ianity, with their teachings through "the wisdom of men". 1 Cor. 2:5.
The Pharisees were hypocrites. Not taking the Bible literally is a hallway to Hell!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Pharisees were hypocrites. Not taking the Bible literally is a hallway to Hell!
The Pharisees took the literal words of the Torah and foisted it upon others, but they themselves barely followed their own teachings. That is what made them to be hypocrites.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Pharisees took the literal words of the Torah and foisted it upon others, but they themselves barely followed their own teachings. That is what made them to be hypocrites.
Yeah, that's what I just said.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On another note, I believe @wrecked had a spiritual breakdown and was banned after a profanity-laden diatribe. I wish we could have helped him.

Edit: Or did I confuse him with another?
Wrecked seemed determined to get banned.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On another note, I believe @wrecked had a spiritual breakdown and was banned after a profanity-laden diatribe. I wish we could have helped him.

Edit: Or did I confuse him with another?
Hello Patrick1966,

Been there before. Only God can really help people out. However, it's really hard to deny the self and read the bible itself, which can really help a person in their heart if they are desirous to have a change of life, - especially in countries where people here people preach and talk about God. It makes it all that more difficult to have no excuse. All people as believers do is pass along information to be considered.

Reminded of what Paul writes to the saints in Rome,
Romans 10:10-17
10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.” 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. 13 For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

14 How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? 15 And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written:

“How beautiful are the feet of those who [a]preach the gospel of peace,
Who bring glad tidings of good things!”
16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed our report?” 17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

This is a great chapter, and it has to do with the heart which confesses it's faith which is - learning who Christ is, and what he has done for you, and how he makes you right with God, and how you can have peace with God, and how you are changed from the old life into the new life, and how it's the spirit that is important compared to the flesh but they fight each other, and that is why we can never do the good we wanna do, you also have Paul speaking of his fellow Jewish brothers to them, and then it comes over here to chapter 10.

Human beings have to make their choice, and they are drawn in by hearing the word but they have to make the choice to let God in to start working on their heart and mind, as that is the new covenant established today, through the Lord Yeshua, the Messiah. Or Reject.

All the best, in love,
Matthew

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Expect the unexpected when looking for the mark of the beast. Example cellphones and Cell phone watches. You can purchase with these. In less than 40 yrs. we went from house phones to everyone carrying a cellphone. Try leaving yours at home.
Well, we dont have to do that when the Bible tells us, you just have to look, thats why it says those who have eyes that see. Scripture explains itself, God’s remnant people are identified as those who “keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ” as you see in Revelation 12:17. Then John describes two beasts which persecute God’s church “a beast rising up out of the sea” in Revelation 13:1 and “another beast coming up out of the earth” in Revelation13:1). The first beast commands false worship and you see from its actions in persecuting the saints that it clearly resembles the “little horn” of Daniel 7 that would “intend to change times and law” in Daniel 7:25, and persecutes God’s people for the same timeline. The connection with Daniel’s prophecy shows that the false worship involves an attempt to change God’s “times” and His Ten Commandment law. If you look the one commandment of the ten dealing with "time" is the fourth, to keep the seventh-day Sabbath holy. Which God made for man and set as His mark of authority from Creation, we see it in Christs words...
Mark 2:27
And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:

Now if you look to see what religious entity claims it has the authority to change what God has set, its not hard to find as the Catholic Church claims it has the authority to change the day of worship from Sabbath to Sunday and so dont need to follow scripture and they are clear about it, and the Christian world pretty much follows this change.....

The Sunday law was officially confirmed by the Roman Papacy. The Council of Laodicea in A.D. 364 decreed, “Christians shall not Judaize and be idle on Saturday but shall work on that day; but the Lord’s day they shall especially honour, and, as being Christians, shall, if possible, do no work on that day. If, however, they are found Judaizing, they shall be shut out from Christ” (Strand, op. cit., citing Charles J. Hefele, A History of the Councils of the Church, 2 [Edinburgh, 1876] 316).

Cardinal Gibbons, in Faith of Our Fathers, 92nd ed., p. 89, freely admits, “You may read the Bible from Genesis to Revelation, and you will not find a single line authorizing the sanctification of Sunday. The Scriptures enforce the religious observance of Saturday, a day which we [the Catholic Church] never sanctify.”

Again, “The Catholic Church, … by virtue of her divine mission, changed the day from Saturday to Sunday” (The Catholic Mirror, official publication of James Cardinal Gibbons, Sept. 23, 1893).

“Protestants do not realize that by observing Sunday, they accept the authority of the spokesperson of the Church, the Pope” (Our Sunday Visitor, February 5, 1950).

“Of course the Catholic Church claims that the change [Saturday Sabbath to Sunday] was her act... And the act is a mark of her ecclesiastical authority in religious things” (H.F. Thomas, Chancellor of Cardinal Gibbons).

So who has the true seal or mark given at Creation versus the false mark of the Beast from 'tradition', man with his claim to have authority over worship or God....?

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to the bible, scriptures you posted, it is the Holy Spirit that seals/marks us to God (a seal is defined as a mark). That is the Spirit we received when we believed.......as opposed to receiving the spirit of the world. It seems reasonable to understand that the mark of the beast is also likewise a spirit, only not of God, the HOLY Spirit, but of the devil.

I have wondered if the mark of the beast is the strong delusion....it is a spirit that blinds and deceives and is of the spirit of the world. If we read 2 Thess. 2 carefully and realize that the strong delusion is connected to the things written about the son of perdition. And let us remember that God allows/sends it in judgment to those who received not a love of the truth via the Holy Spirit. That spirit seeks to unite the world to war against the people of God and the truth/gospel we have....but in the sovereignty of God it is He who gathers them for the battle. The world actually already really IS united via the spirit of the world much as the church IS united (one) via the Holy Spirit.

I don't think the mark of the beast is about sabbath days specifically, because the NT says regarding treating some days as holy or all alike to be a matter of individual conscience and not to let anyone rule over us in that matter. Although, just the fact that the Roman church made Sunday sabbath a rule/law seems to point to where the bible speaks about changing the laws and set times, and could be important, even if that in itself isn't the mark of the beast.
Yes, but we see who is behind the mark of the beast as Revelation makes it clear...
Revelation 12:3
And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.

Revelation 12:4
And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

Revelation 12:7
And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Revelation 12:9
And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Revelation 13:2
And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragongave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

Revelation 13:4
And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well, we dont have to do that when the Bible tells us, you just have to look, thats why it says those who have eyes that see. Scripture explains itself, God’s remnant people are identified as those who “keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ” as you see in Revelation 12:17. Then John describes two beasts which persecute God’s church “a beast rising up out of the sea” in Revelation 13:1 and “another beast coming up out of the earth” in Revelation13:1). The first beast commands false worship and you see from its actions in persecuting the saints that it clearly resembles the “little horn” of Daniel 7 that would “intend to change times and law” in Daniel 7:25, and persecutes God’s people for the same timeline. The connection with Daniel’s prophecy shows that the false worship involves an attempt to change God’s “times” and His Ten Commandment law. If you look the one commandment of the ten dealing with "time" is the fourth, to keep the seventh-day Sabbath holy. Which God made for man and set as His mark of authority from Creation, we see it in Christs words...
Mark 2:27
And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:

Now if you look to see what religious entity claims it has the authority to change what God has set, its not hard to find as the Catholic Church claims it has the authority to change the day of worship from Sabbath to Sunday and so dont need to follow scripture and they are clear about it, and the Christian world pretty much follows this change.....

The Sunday law was officially confirmed by the Roman Papacy. The Council of Laodicea in A.D. 364 decreed, “Christians shall not Judaize and be idle on Saturday but shall work on that day; but the Lord’s day they shall especially honour, and, as being Christians, shall, if possible, do no work on that day. If, however, they are found Judaizing, they shall be shut out from Christ” (Strand, op. cit., citing Charles J. Hefele, A History of the Councils of the Church, 2 [Edinburgh, 1876] 316).

Cardinal Gibbons, in Faith of Our Fathers, 92nd ed., p. 89, freely admits, “You may read the Bible from Genesis to Revelation, and you will not find a single line authorizing the sanctification of Sunday. The Scriptures enforce the religious observance of Saturday, a day which we [the Catholic Church] never sanctify.”

Again, “The Catholic Church, … by virtue of her divine mission, changed the day from Saturday to Sunday” (The Catholic Mirror, official publication of James Cardinal Gibbons, Sept. 23, 1893).

“Protestants do not realize that by observing Sunday, they accept the authority of the spokesperson of the Church, the Pope” (Our Sunday Visitor, February 5, 1950).

“Of course the Catholic Church claims that the change [Saturday Sabbath to Sunday] was her act... And the act is a mark of her ecclesiastical authority in religious things” (H.F. Thomas, Chancellor of Cardinal Gibbons).

So who has the true seal or mark given at Creation versus the false mark of the Beast from 'tradition', man with his claim to have authority over worship or God....?
Christ raised on Sunday morning, so the early church took the resurrection day, the first day of the week to celebrate that, also called the Lord's day.
The OC, was abolished, the NC is now here, The OC passed away, it is dead and gone.

Hebrews 8:13 In that He says, “A new covenant,” He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Revelation 1:10
I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s Day, and I heard behind me a loud voice, as of a trumpet,

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

1 Corinthians 16​

New King James Version​

Collection for the Saints​

1 Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given orders to the churches of Galatia, so you must do also: 2 On the first day of the week let each one of you lay something aside, storing up as he may prosper, that there be no collections when I come. 3 And when I come, whomever you approve by your letters I will send to bear your gift to Jerusalem. 4 But if it is fitting that I go also, they will go with me.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Mark 16:9

Mary Magdalene Sees the Risen Lord​

Now when He rose early on the first day of the week, He appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom He had cast seven demons.

Jesus raised on the first day of the week, which was Sunday. The disciples meet that Sunday at evening and the Lord Jesus appears also to them, on Sunday.​

John 20​

New King James Version​

The Empty Tomb​

20 Now the first day of the week Mary Magdalene went to the tomb early, while it was still dark, and saw that the stone had been taken away from the tomb. 2 Then she ran and came to Simon Peter, and to the other disciple, whom Jesus loved, and said to them, “They have taken away the Lord out of the tomb, and we do not know where they have laid Him.”
3 Peter therefore went out, and the other disciple, and were going to the tomb. 4 So they both ran together, and the other disciple outran Peter and came to the tomb first. 5 And he, stooping down and looking in, saw the linen cloths lying there; yet he did not go in. 6 Then Simon Peter came, following him, and went into the tomb; and he saw the linen cloths lying there, 7 and the [a]handkerchief that had been around His head, not lying with the linen cloths, but folded together in a place by itself. 8 Then the other disciple, who came to the tomb first, went in also; and he saw and believed. 9 For as yet they did not [b]know the Scripture, that He must rise again from the dead. 10 Then the disciples went away again to their own homes.

Mary Magdalene Sees the Risen Lord​

11 But Mary stood outside by the tomb weeping, and as she wept she stooped down and looked into the tomb. 12 And she saw two angels in white sitting, one at the head and the other at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain. 13 Then they said to her, “Woman, why are you weeping?”
She said to them, “Because they have taken away my Lord, and I do not know where they have laid Him.”
14 Now when she had said this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing there, and did not know that it was Jesus. 15 Jesus said to her, “Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you seeking?”
She, supposing Him to be the gardener, said to Him, “Sir, if You have carried Him away, tell me where You have laid Him, and I will take Him away.”
16 Jesus said to her, “Mary!”
She turned and said to [c]Him, “Rabboni!” (which is to say, Teacher).
17 Jesus said to her, “Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, ‘I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.’ ”
18 Mary Magdalene came and told the [d]disciples that she had seen the Lord, and that He had spoken these things to her.

The Apostles Commissioned​

19 Then, the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were [e]assembled, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in the midst, and said to them, “Peace be with you.” 20 When He had said this, He showed them His hands and His side. Then the disciples were glad when they saw the Lord.
21 So Jesus said to them again, “Peace to you! As the Father has sent Me, I also send you.” 22 And when He had said this, He breathed on them, and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit. 23 If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained.”

Seeing and Believing​

24 Now Thomas, called the Twin, one of the twelve, was not with them when Jesus came. 25 The other disciples therefore said to him, “We have seen the Lord.”
So he said to them, “Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe.”
26 And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, “Peace to you!” 27 Then He said to Thomas, “Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing.”
28 And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”
29 Jesus said to him, [f]“Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

That You May Believe​

30 And truly Jesus did many other signs in the presence of His disciples, which are not written in this book; 31 but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Proof that the first day of the week is Sunday is found in the 7th day of the week, the OT sabbath day when God rested after the creation.
There are only seven days in a week. Jesus was raised on the first day of the week, on Sunday, and the church celebrates the resurrection by meeting on the Lord's Day, Sunday. Jesus instituted, established, the New Covenant in His blood saying this is my blood of the New Covenant which is shed for many for the remission of sin. Christians celebrate on Sunday for this reason. The old covenant is obsolete and has passed away, the NEW is here now and in force.

Genesis 2 is of the Old Covenant.
1 Thus the heavens and the earth, and all the host of them, were finished. 2 And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done. 3 Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made.

However God in Christ says He makes all things NEW

The Risen Christ, Faith’s Reality​

1 Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, 2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.

3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that He was seen by [a]Cephas, then by the twelve. 6 After that He was seen by over five hundred brethren at once, of whom the greater part remain to the present, but some have [b]fallen asleep. 7 After that He was seen by James, then by all the apostles. 8 Then last of all He was seen by me also, as by one born out of due time.

Last edited: