Something Beautiful

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mike Bishop

Jan 13, 2020
Port-of-Spain
Faith
Christian
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
There's a beautiful video that I found on YouTube this week, a visual journey through the scripture. I like that it isn't a sermon or lecture or anything, it's just a visual presentation of God's word. There's something pure and beautiful about that...

I feel like it gives me more freedom to really listen to Him and understand what He is saying, and that He is sharing something with me. Do any of you have the same reaction? Personally, I feel closer to God and sometimes that's so difficult.

I would love to hear what you all have to say. Please, let's start a discussion.

Reactions: amadeus

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Mike Bishop Nice video, nice to hear it read. All it is saying is everything has its time, God created time so that we could live, this world has its beginning and its end, as does everything in time, so in the end it is all vanity, for we live we die, we create it is destroyed, we earn we spend, the things we buy, rust, fade away and all turns to dust, even our works are forgotten as if they never happened, just like us when we do, like a blade of grass, we just fade away.
@amadeus Nice peaceful. God bless

Dallasroppel777

Feb 4, 2020
North Dakota
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really loved it I like how Proverbs seems like a young mans game to me focusing on the ages of mid twenties to late fifties but then you get to Ecclesiastes and I picture it more based upon your twilight and “wise years” like sixties to the end where you see things for what they are and just kinda chill or wind down in life. Idk I guess that’s the way it speaks to me anyway. Very cool visual presentation of Gods great creations and reminding to “smell the roses” so to speak.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Mike Bishop @mjrhealth @everyone else on the forum who loves God

All the time that we have was given to us by God. When a man travels through this land, the things will happen as the verses of Ecclesiastes 3 say. Elsewhere in the same book, we read this:

"I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all." Ecc 9:11

Every one of us is in this world of time and chance... even those who have been "born again" or "born from above". The "new man" of us, if we have one, has the opportunity to move always with God in these ups and downs of chance. Solomon tells us at the end of that book where the solution to man's inability to deal properly with the wonderful world God has provided to him:

"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil." Ecc 12:13-14

When God finished His creation we read here his description:

"And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good... " Gen 1:31

Reading the scriptures we see where man in this wonderful world has not dealt well with the "very good" things made by God.

When we read Ecclesiastes 3 we see the ups and downs of the world. The comfort readers find in them is seeing and hearing as with the "eyes" and "ears" that God intends for a man walking with Him. Unfortunately in the vanity Solomon describes so well we see the despair of people locked into the pain of the parts of this world spoiled by men for not less than 6000 years. The "very good" really does still exist because Jesus came, but even the born again are still in this world even as Joshua and Caleb were for 40 years still in the wilderness with those of condemned Israel, who would never make it into the Promised Land.

Not all of the world [planet Earth] is uninhabitable, but considerably more than 75% [deserts, frozen wastes, deep & wide oceans] is NOT a place for men to live.

"Let their habitation be desolate; and let none dwell in their tents.
For they persecute him whom thou hast smitten; and they talk to the grief of those whom thou hast wounded." Psalm 69:25-26

But for the "new man" there is this if he does not quench the Holy Spirit of God within:

"Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;
Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men." Prov 8:30-31

Reactions: mjrhealth