Soul sleep

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Angelina said:
Jesus came as the Savior of the world and redeemer of all who believe in him by faith. He did not come to do the Holy Spirit's job.The Holy Spirit was sent after Jesus departed... John 16:7
Well, if you look at it this way. Truly I tell you today, you will be with me in paradise, then I suppose your right. I do see Jesus easing his mind either way.

Angelina said:
Wow! Another transition takes place when we leave this earthly tent. It is spiritual 1 Corinthians 15:45 just as God is Spirit, John 4:24, Jesus is Spirit Gal 4:6 and the Holy Spirit is Spirit. God does not need a body made of flesh to live? What about the Holy Spirit...does he also need a body to live. Do you think that the Godhead had physical bodies prior to creating the world and everything that came into existence? :blink:
1 Cor 15:35-58 NIV is about the resurrection body, resurrection as in the first resurrection Angelina 1 Cor 15:50-54 NIV.

Angelina said:
Our flesh/body was a lifeless form of clay made out of dust in the beginning and then God brought that lifeless dust form, shaped like a man to life. The body is just a tent that houses our spirit which God originally breathed into Adam and our soul which is our very essence.
Correct, and our spirit breath cannot exist without the body. Our spirit cannot exist without this "tent". That is why God made our bodies, because everything has a purpose. When we die, we are not floating around the third heaven as wind and breath like Casper the ghost. That's illogical.

Angelina said:
but God did inspire that written passage...if that is correct then that is all that matters. You cannot throw the baby out with the bath water and hinge your whole theology on that one piece of misplaced punctuation.
But God did not inspire the punctuation, MAN did. Man added the comma before today to fit his theology. By saying it's ok to read it with punctuation is reading it incorrectly.

Angelina said:
Paul is speaking of a vision/revelation from the Lord just as John was in spirit had a vision [Revelation 1:10] which he recorded and is now known as the Book of Revelation. What I am trying to point out is...that the thief could easily be in the paradise that day or it could also mean "from this time forth" as the term today seems to indicate in other places in the bible ie: "Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts"...
But if Paul doesn't know whether the man was in the body or out of the body, how can we know? The point is, is that you can't base your belief of what happens after we die based on a vision. Matt 17 Transfiguration is also a vision, but it's also about the second coming of Christ.

2 Cor 12:2-3 NIV I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know—God knows. 3And I know that this man—whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows—

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
1 Cor 15:35-58 NIV is about the resurrection body, resurrection as in the first resurrection Angelina 1 Cor 15:50-54 NIV.1 Cor 15:35-58 NIV
Take a look at this verse again...

44 sown a natural body, raised a spiritual body.
If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body. 45 So it is written: The first man Adam became a living being; the last Adam became a life-giving Spirit. 46 However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural, then the spiritual.

47 The first man was from the earth and made of dust; the second man is from heaven.
8 Like the man made of dust,so are those who are made of dust; like the heavenly man, so are those who are heavenly.
49 And just as we have borne the image of the man made of dust, we will also bear the image of the heavenly man.

What this verse is telling us is that we were originally made of dust but when we leave this earthly tent we will be transformed into the image of the spiritual man, the man from heaven. Right after that verse Paul states ~ "Brothers, I tell you this: Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, and corruption cannot inherit incorruption".

Jesus is the first to be raised from the dead Acts 26:23, the firstborn from the dead Col 1:18, Rev 1:5 and the firstfruits of those who had fallen asleep 1 cor 15:20. What I'm trying to tell you is that mankind who believes in Jesus by faith and receives him as their Lord and savior will be with him in the paradise of God immediately because they have passed from death to life John 5:24.

Correct, and our spirit breath cannot exist without the body. Our spirit cannot exist without this "tent". That is why God made our bodies, because everything has a purpose. When we die, we are not floating around the third heaven as wind and breath like Casper the ghost. That's illogical.
The spirit of life was breathed into Adam's lifeless form which God made from dust Genesis 2:7, Job 27:3, Job 33:4, Acts 17:25. Yes our spirit can exist without this earthly tent, you are incorrect... 2 Corinthians 5:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. Your understanding of scripture seems to be lacking in sound biblical exegesis. Our spirit that you refer to is the very life breath given to us by God. It exists outside of us being formed prior to creation. It is eternal because it comes from God. God is eternal.

But God did not inspire the punctuation, MAN did. Man added the comma before today to fit his theology. By saying it's ok to read it with punctuation is reading it incorrectly.
Now your being deliberately obstinate. No one disregards a portion of scripture just because someone made an punctuation error. You check it out and be open minded about both possibilities but you don't camp around it or hinge your whole theological framework on it.

But if Paul doesn't know whether the man was in the body or out of the body, how can we know? The point is, is that you can't base your belief of what happens after we die based on a vision.
The whole book of revelation is based on a vision ....

Matt 17 Transfiguration is also a vision, but it's also about the second coming of Christ.
Which somehow makes it okay because it's about the second coming? Revelation is also about the second coming???

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Angelina said:
Take a look at this verse again...

44 sown a natural body, raised a spiritual body.
If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body. 45 So it is written: The first man Adam became a living being; the last Adam became a life-giving Spirit. 46 However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural, then the spiritual.
47 The first man was from the earth and made of dust; the second man is from heaven.
8 Like the man made of dust,so are those who are made of dust; like the heavenly man, so are those who are heavenly.
49 And just as we have borne the image of the man made of dust, we will also bear the image of the heavenly man.

What this verse is telling us is that we were originally made of dust but when we leave this earthly tent we will be transformed into the image of the spiritual man, the man from heaven. Right after that verse Paul states ~ "Brothers, I tell you this: Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, and corruption cannot inherit incorruption".

Jesus is the first to be raised from the dead Acts 26:23, the firstborn from the dead Col 1:18, Rev 1:5 and the firstfruits of those who had fallen asleep 1 cor 15:20. What I'm trying to tell you is that mankind who believes in Jesus by faith and receives him as their Lord and savior will be with him in the paradise of God immediately because they have passed from death to life John 5:24.
The spiritual body they are referring to is the breath of life breathed into us, and this occurs at the first resurrection.

Angelina said:
The spirit of life was breathed into Adam's lifeless form which God made from dust Genesis 2:7, Job 27:3, Job 33:4, Acts 17:25. Yes our spirit can exist without this earthly tent, you are incorrect... 2 Corinthians 5:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. Your understanding of scripture seems to be lacking in sound biblical exegesis. Our spirit that you refer to is the very life breath given to us by God. It exists outside of us being formed prior to creation. It is eternal because it comes from God. God is eternal.
So how do we praise God as "breath" in the third heaven without a brain and heart?

Angelina said:
No one disregards a portion of scripture just because someone made an punctuation error.
I'm not disregarding the scripture. I'm disregarding the punctuation that men have added.

Angelina said:
Which somehow makes it okay because it's about the second coming? Revelation is also about the second coming???
In Paul's vision, the man that was taken up did not die, he did not live there and was only there to hear things.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The spiritual body they are referring to is the breath of life breathed into us, and this occurs at the first resurrection.
If they were referring to "the breath of life" as the spiritual body then the writer would have called it the "spirit" because the "breath of life" is exactly that... and not a body at all...

So how do we praise God as "breath" in the third heaven without a brain and heart?
Because we have a spiritual body already...How do you think these slain souls were able to communicate with God without their brain or heart housed within a physical body? Revelation 6:9, 10, 11 or the multitude of slain souls worshiping before the throne of God in heaven? Revelation 7:9,10 13, 14, 15

I'm not disregarding the scripture. I'm disregarding the punctuation that men have added.
Well it's good to know that we are not majoring on the minor here! ;)

In Paul's vision, the man that was taken up did not die, he did not live there and was only there to hear things.
Well John did not die either and he also was there to hear and record things...if he had of died we would not be reading his book of Revelation... :ph34r:

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Angelina said:
If they were referring to "the breath of life" as the spiritual body then the writer would have called it the "spirit" because the "breath of life" is exactly that... and not a body at all...
But 1 Cor 15:35-58 NIV is titled "The Resurrection Body", and within these passages speaks of the first resurrection.

Angelina said:
Because we have a spiritual body already...How do you think these slain souls were able to communicate with God without their brain or heart housed within a physical body? Revelation 6:9, 10, 11 or the multitude of slain souls standing before the throne of God in heaven? Revelation 7:9,10 13, 14, 15
We do have spiritual bodies because of our flesh. Rev 7 gives us a timeline Rev 7:14 NIV, these are the ones who have come out of the great tribulation.

Rev. 6:9-11 - This is a vision and speaks of the future, similar to Matt 17 Transfiguration. I believe that Rev 6:9-11 is talking about after rapture. It is a vision of the future saints. I also believe rapture occurs at the sixth seal. The fifth and sixth seal are close to each other in timing, and God's wrath is poured out after rapture. God's wrath is stated in verse 10, where it says "until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?" The timing of the rapture or sometime after rapture is stated in verse 11 where it says "and they were told to wait a little longer, until the full number of their fellow servants, their brothers and sisters, were killed just as they had been".

Rev 6:10-11 NIV They called out in a loud voice, “How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?” 11Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the full number of their fellow servants, their brothers and sisters, were killed just as they had been.

Angelina said:
Well it's good to know that we are not majoring on the minor here! ;)
Either you're accepting man's punctuation or not. It is that simple.

Angelina said:
Well John did not die either and he also was there to hear and record things...if he had of died we would not be reading his book of Revelation... :ph34r:
EIther way, these passages are not solid proof.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
But 1 Cor 15:35-58 NIV is titled "The Resurrection Body", and within these passages speaks of the first resurrection.
Try to reading it again...when you sow something you're not sowing the thing that it will eventually be, but something else will be produced from it when it dies. The thing sown is not the product you are waiting for....If we died today, what makes you think that we are going to sleep until God awakens us. If we died today, we will be with God in heaven if we are believers because he has made that available to us through the outworking power of the cross. He is the firstfruit of those who had fallen asleep and he is alive...1 Corinthians 15:20. and those who have died and are his will also be where he is right now...

Rev. 6:9-11- This is a vision and speaks of the future, similar to Matt 17 Transfiguration. I believe that Rev 6:9-11 is talking about after rapture. It is a vision of the future saints. I also believe rapture occurs at the sixth seal. The fifth and sixth seal are close to each other in timing, and God's wrath is poured out after rapture.
I'm sorry, I do not believe that there is a rapture. Why would God rapture his people from the tribulation to come when the tribulation will affect believers more than any other group of people on the earth?

God's wrath is stated in verse 10, where it says "until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?" The timing of the rapture or sometime after rapture is stated in verse 11 where it says "and they were told to wait a little longer, until the full number of their fellow servants, their brothers and sisters, were killed just as they had been"
That has nothing to do with the rapture...this first group of people are associated with the O/T believers. The second group [multitude] has to do with the beast kingdom. These multitude of slain were those who believed in Jesus and persevered till the end. They weren't raptured either btw, they were slain because of the word of their testimony and the blood of the lamb...

Rev 6:10-11 NIVThey called out in a loud voice, “How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?” 11Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the full number of their fellow servants, their brothers and sisters, were killed just as they had been.
This is another group of believers, separate from the multitude. They have been under God's throne for a very long time. They did not come by way of the great tribulation.

EIther way, these passages are not solid proof.
No...they are not!

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Angelina said:
Try to reading it again...when you sow something you're not sowing the thing that it will eventually be, but something else will be produced from it when it dies. The thing sown is not the product you are waiting for....If we died today, what makes you think that we are going to sleep until God awakens us. If we died today, we will be with God in heaven if we are believers because he has made that available to us through the outworking power of the cross. He is the firstfruit of those who had fallen asleep and he is alive...1 Corinthians 15:20. and those who have died and are are his will also be where he is right now...
It's in the title Angelina. THE RESURRECTION BODY. What are you confused about.

Angelina said:
I'm sorry, I do not believe that there is a rapture. Why would God rapture his people from the tribulation to come when the tribulation will affect believers more than any other group of people on the earth?
Well, the term "tribulation" is not considered the "great tribulation". These are two different events. The rapture is most definitely in the Word of God. Believers will be raptured before God's wrath is poured out because believers are not appointed to wrath..

1. Tribulation is referred too as birth pains, which we are in now Matt 24:4-8 NIV, 1 Thess 5:3 NIV, Rev 12:2 NIV.
2. Then comes rapture Matt 24:40-41 NIV, 1 Thess 4:14-17 NIV.
3. Then comes God's wrath of trumpets and bowls, this is the 3.5 year great tribulation Rev 16:1 NIV.

Angelina said:
That has nothing to do with the rapture...that has to do with the beast kingdom and the multitude of slain because those who believed in Jesus persevered till the end. That is why there is a multitude in heaven. They weren't raptured btw, they were slain because of the word of their testimony and the blood of the lamb...
It's a vision Angelina, a vision of the future. The seven seals opening up are future events.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Angelina said:
Back asap...working nights. Must sleep! ;) :p
Not sure why you do not believe in a rapture. Do you believe all 66 books are 100% God-breathed. Matt 24:40-41 NIV, 1 Thess 4:14-17 NIV.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
ATP said:
Not sure why you do not believe in a rapture. Do you believe all 66 books are 100% God-breathed. Matt 24:40-41 NIV, 1 Thess 4:14-17 NIV.
I don't know why Angelina doesn't believe in the Rapture. I can speak for myself. I do not believe the Bible teaches an any-moment Rapture. That's a belief of pre-tribulation, premillenial dispensational eschatology. That is a recent belief in NT theology.

I believe in a post-tribulation, premillennial Rapture that will happen after the Great Tribulation.

See my articles on this topic:

flamin-arrow-small.png
Is the rapture of the church hogwash?
What is the origin of the pre-tribulation rapture of Christians?
A pre-millennial, post-tribulation end times understanding

However, there may be those on this forum who are amillennial in their eschatology. They will have a different view of the Rapture. I'd be interested to hear from them. Many of them have a deep love for the Lord but they don't have a dispensational understanding of the Rapture.

In Christ,
Oz

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
OzSpen said:
I believe in a post-tribulation, premillennial Rapture that will happen after the Great Tribulation.
If the rapture happens after the 3.5 year great tribulation then that would mean believers would have to go through God's wrath of trumpets and bowls.
but scripture tells us we are not appointed to wrath...Dan 12:1 NIV, Matt 24:21-22 NIV, John 3:36 NIV, 1 Thess 5:9-10 NIV, Heb 4:3 ESV, Rev 3:10 NIV.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
ATP said:
If the rapture happens after the 3.5 year great tribulation then that would mean believers would have to go through God's wrath of trumpets and bowls.
but scripture tells us we are not appointed to wrath...Dan 12:1 NIV, Matt 24:21-22 NIV, John 3:36 NIV, 1 Thess 5:9-10 NIV, Heb 4:3 ESV, Rev 3:10 NIV.
In my articles I provide evidence for the Rapture AFTER the Great Tribulation.

To go through the Great Tribulation is not to experience the wrath of God. The wrath of God against me has been propitiated by Christ's death and shed blood (see 1 John 2:2 ESV). Many Christians in the world today are experiencing tribulation because of groups like ISIS, Taliban, etc., but that is not the wrath of God which for them has been appeased by Christ's death.

What you stated is correct. All true believers are not appointed to wrath because 'the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and righteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth' (Rom 1:16 ESV). But that unrighteousness has been forgiven for the believer, so God's wrath will never be poured out on them. They may experience the wrath of human beings, but not God's wrath.

This is a statement by an amillennial supporter regarding the Rapture. He states that amillennialism does not support a 'secret rapture':

'Amillennialism has no "secret rapture" with Christians flying on airplanes suddenly disappearing, there is only one general resurrection of the dead, and there is no third temple with renewed animal sacrifices. There is simply this present age and the age to come, and that’s it' ('A summary statement of Amillennialism', James A Gunn).

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
OzSpen said:
1. To go through the Great Tribulation is not to experience the wrath of God.

2. The wrath of God against me has been propitiated by Christ's death and shed blood (see 1 John 2:2 ESV).
1. Incorrect, scripture confirms that the 3.5 year great tribulation is definitely God's wrath poured out on the earth. What do you know about the trumpets and bowls Oz? Rev 16:1 NIV

2. Correct, once you come to faith in Jesus Christ you are no longer under judgment and wrath John 3:36 NIV

There are two types of wrath God shows to us, through nonbelievers and also end time tribulation. It's important not to confuse the two, for these are two different types of wrath.

OzSpen said:
What you stated is correct. All true believers are not appointed to wrath because 'the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and righteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth' (Rom 1:16 ESV). But that unrighteousness has been forgiven for the believer, so God's wrath will never be poured out on them. They may experience the wrath of human beings, but not God's wrath.
Correct.

OzSpen said:
This is a statement by an amillennial supporter regarding the Rapture. He states that amillennialism does not support a 'secret rapture':

'Amillennialism has no "secret rapture" with Christians flying on airplanes suddenly disappearing, there is only one general resurrection of the dead, and there is no third temple with renewed animal sacrifices. There is simply this present age and the age to come, and that’s it' ('A summary statement of Amillennialism', James A Gunn).
Incorrect. There will definitely be a secret rapture Matt 24:40-41 NIV, 1 Thess 4:14-17 NIV.

Scripture also confirms there will still be nonbelievers on earth in the 3.5 year great tribulation of God's wrath Rev 8:10-11 NIV, Rev 8:13 NIV, Rev 9:3-6 NIV, Rev 9:15 NIV, Rev 9:20-21 NIV, Rev 16:2 NIV, Rev 16:4-6 NIV, Rev 16:8-9 NIV, Rev 16:10-11 NIV, Rev 16:14 NIV, Rev 16:21 NIV, Rev 17:2 NIV, Rev 17:18 NIV, Rev 18:2-4 NIV.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
ATP,

You use Matt 24:40-41 (NIV) to support the secret rapture. Let's look at the verses in context:
Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. 41 Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.
42 “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. 43 But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. 44 So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.
Are you saying that verses 41-42 support 50% of people being raptured as 'one will be taken and the other left'? Seems to me that this but an example of v. 44, you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him'. It is talking about the sudden second coming of Jesus but not of a 'secret rapture'.

You do seem to have a fixation on the 3.5 years of tribulation. So, do you support the mid-tribulation rapture position?

Let's get back to the OP's topic of 'soul sleep'.

Oz

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
OzSpen said:
Are you saying that verses 41-42 support 50% of people being raptured as 'one will be taken and the other left'?
Well, I wouldn't put a percentage on it like 50%, whoever is born again at that time will be raptured.

OzSpen said:
Seems to me that this but an example of v. 44, you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him'. It is talking about the sudden second coming of Jesus but not of a 'secret rapture'.
Incorrect. Matt 24:36 NIV is what is called an idiom. If you dig deeper into Matt 24:36-44 NIV you will see the term "the coming of the Son of Man" and "the thief". These terms describe the day of the Lord, not the second coming. The day of the Lord will begin the great tribulation and the second coming is at the end. The day of the Lord refers to the first resurrection, rapture and the start of God's wrath. The second coming is when the Lord defeats the Antichrist at Armageddon at the end of the great trib. Two different events are captured here on two different timelines. So let's go back to Matt 24:36-44 NIV. Jesus coming like a thief is referring to Jesus coming like a thief to nonbelievers. Believers will most certainly be aware of rapture...

Matt 24:37-39 NIV As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.

Matt 24:42-44 NIV “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. 43But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. 44So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.

1 Thess 5:1-4 NIV Now, brothers and sisters, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, 2for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3While people are saying, “Peace and safety,” destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape. 4But you, brothers and sisters, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief.

OzSpen said:
You do seem to have a fixation on the 3.5 years of tribulation. So, do you support the mid-tribulation rapture position?
No, I support the pre-wrath rapture position. The great tribulation will not be 7 years as most want to believe, it will rather be 3.5 years Dan 7:25 NIV, Dan 12:7 NIV, Rev 11:2-3 NIV, Rev 12:6 NIV, Rev 12:14 NIV, Rev 13:5 NIV. And these 3.5 years will be considered God's wrath on the earth and mankind.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
ATP said:
Well, I wouldn't put a percentage on it like 50%, whoever is born again at that time will be raptured.

Incorrect. Matt 24:36 NIV is what is called an idiom. If you dig deeper into Matt 24:36-44 NIV you will see the term "the coming of the Son of Man" and "the thief". These terms describe the day of the Lord, not the second coming. The day of the Lord will begin the great tribulation and the second coming is at the end. The day of the Lord refers to the first resurrection, rapture and the start of God's wrath. The second coming is when the Lord defeats the Antichrist at Armageddon at the end of the great trib. Two different events are captured here on two different timelines. So let's go back to Matt 24:36-44 NIV. Jesus coming like a thief is referring to Jesus coming like a thief to nonbelievers. Believers will most certainly be aware of rapture...

Matt 24:37-39 NIV As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.

Matt 24:42-44 NIV “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. 43But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. 44So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.

1 Thess 5:1-4 NIV Now, brothers and sisters, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, 2for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3While people are saying, “Peace and safety,” destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape. 4But you, brothers and sisters, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief.

No, I support the pre-wrath rapture position. The great tribulation will not be 7 years as most want to believe, it will rather be 3.5 years Dan 7:25 NIV, Dan 12:7 NIV, Rev 11:2-3 NIV, Rev 12:6 NIV, Rev 12:14 NIV, Rev 13:5 NIV. And these 3.5 years will be considered God's wrath on the earth and mankind.
So, would you say that you are a dispensationalist in your understanding of the pre-tribulation rapture? You have too many presuppositions here to deal with.

Besides, the topic is 'soul sleep'. I'll not respond further until we get back to the OP.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
OzSpen said:
So, would you say that you are a dispensationalist in your understanding of the pre-tribulation rapture? You have too many presuppositions here to deal with.

Besides, the topic is 'soul sleep'. I'll not respond further until we get back to the OP.
I am not pre-trib rapture, I am pre-WRATH rapture. What is a dispensationalist?

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, lets get back to the OP. But before we do....

Dispensationalism is a theological system that recognizes these ages ordained by God to order the affairs of the world. Dispensationalism has two primary distinctives: 1) a consistently literal interpretation of Scripture, especially Bible prophecy and 2) a distinction between Israel and the church in God's program.