• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow @JBO
You are 84?
Awesome!
Continue forward and be not distressed at the noise on the left nor the right !

Psalm 59
1 Deliver me from mine enemies, O my God: defend me from them that rise up against me.
2 Deliver me from the workers of iniquity, and save me from bloody men.
3 For, lo, they lie in wait for my soul: the mighty are gathered against me; not for my transgression, nor for my sin, O Lord.
4 They run and prepare themselves without my fault: awake to help me, and behold.
5 Thou therefore, O Lord God of hosts, the God of Israel, awake to visit all the heathen: be not merciful to any wicked transgressors. Selah.
6 They return at evening: they make a noise like a dog, and go round about the city.
7 Behold, they belch out with their mouth: swords are in their lips: for who, say they, doth hear?
8 But thou, O Lord, shalt laugh at them; thou shalt have all the heathen in derision.
9 Because of his strength will I wait upon thee: for God is my defence.
10 The God of my mercy shall prevent me: God shall let me see my desire upon mine enemies.
11 Slay them not, lest my people forget: scatter them by thy power; and bring them down, O Lord our shield.
12 For the sin of their mouth and the words of their lips let them even be taken in their pride: and for cursing and lying which they speak.
............................................................................................................................................................
15 Let them wander up and down for meat, and grudge if they be not satisfied.
16 But I will sing of thy power; yea, I will sing aloud of thy mercy in the morning: for thou hast been my defence and refuge in the day of my trouble.
17 Unto thee, O my strength, will I sing: for God is my defence, and the God of my mercy.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
What insult? You are the one who claimed to have received knowledge supernaturally.

And what is there to discuss with someone whose knowledge has come supernaturally from God, Himself?
Scripture, because Acts 17:11 tells us to search the scriptures, we do this to see if what is taught is truthful. You could even ask for scriptural proof if you can't think of any. Claiming divine inspiration does not invalidate or prove an argument. Unless you want to argue cessationism, which is outside the scope of this topic.

By two or more witnesses a matter is established.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-
What is the difference between your soul and your Spirit. ?

Lots of confusion about this, so, lets clear it up.
And as a matter of fact, if you teach S-School, then you should learn this teaching and let your student have it.

1.) Man is "body, soul, and Spirit" = 3

He is "tri-part", exactly as God is Triune. or 3 in One.

God said.. "let US make man in OUR image", and this is 3, including the Holy Spirit.

So, a 3 in One Godhead, created a Tri-part Adam, who is "body, soul, Spirit".

What is that?

2 ) It means, you are a Spirit, you have a soul, and you live in a body.

What is the soul?

The soul is the : "mind, will, and emotions".

What is the Spirit" ?

The Sprit is the real you, that has to be born again.
The Spirit is what goes to HELL if its not born again.
The born again Spirit is the "Son/Daughter" of God, that is the "new creation in Christ".

3.) In the Garden of Eden, .....Adam was Spiritually separated from God.. He "ate the apple" and lost "Spiritual union". And the Bible defines this as "death".
However, Its not death, as in, ended or ceased to exist....... Its death in the since of being separated from God's Spirit, which is LIFE.
See, "God is A Spirit" and Christianity is Spiritual, and to become separated from GOD" LIFE< is to be dead from IT.
See that?

This is : 1st Spiritual Death ("In Adam we all die")...... and the 2nd Death, is to go to Hell, and exist in spiritual separation from God, forever.

Jesus, who is the 2nd Adam, came to offer Himself to us all as the Blood Atonement,, and this allows us to be BORN AGAIN.. which is to return to the eternal Spiritual Union with GOD.... that 1st Adam lost.
Well we tangle again!

Sorry but unsaved man is only bichotomous and not trichotomous as the Scripture declares.

Paul explicitly declared that the unsaved have dead spirits and those spirits must be made alive again- that is what being born from above in John 3 means! when one becomes a believer then they are are three part being as was before th efall. We have our body, our soul and our spirit which was made alive again! It is not being alive and spearate form Gopds spirit. It is dead and unable to have any communication with anything or anybody!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You replied to her ... = "how could our minds be born again"..

So, im replying that our mind is not born again.

Its our spirit that is given the new birth.
Well in a sense our minds are truly born again!

Paul in corinthians said we now have the mind of Christ!

And in Romans 12 He told us to be transformes (metamorphoo) by the renewing of our mind. that is anakainosis which means a complete renovation. OUr old mind was incapable of thinking righteous thoughts so we are given a new mind at our new birth.

Reactions: rwb

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Well we tangle again!

Paul explicitly declared that the unsaved have dead spirits

You're only "tangled" in your theology, @Ronald Nolette

You love to keep proving it.

Also......"WE" are not doing anything.
What i do, is take time for you, but, a lot of that is so that i can expose you and your "sin, confess, repeat" ... Discipleship and Teaching.

Also, there is no such thing as a "'dead spirit."
Why?
Because the spirit is the real you, and if it was dead you'd be dead, because all unbelievers would not exist., and you were one of those, at one time.

Listen,
In Genesis, we read that Adam "died spiritually", .....but that does not mean his spirit died.
It means that the spiritual union that Adam had with God was broken, severed, ended.

Literally this means, that GOD, who is Eternal LIFE... and Adam's Spirit, disconnected.. So, that disconnect from God's Life, is spiritual death.
Its the loss of spiritual union with God, that is the idea. = "spiritual death".

People who are water baptized and went to hell today, didnt take their body with them.
They went there as a "dead spirit', = never born again.

Jesus, the 2nd Adam came to give us "LIFE and that more abundantly", = restored to the same spiritual union that 1st Adam had with Eternal God.

A.) Think of it like this Ronald. God is ETERNAL.. and His life is ETERNAL LIFE.... So, when we have that, we have been born again.

Jesus said...."All that believe in me, i give unto you ETERNAL LIFE">..

See that? That is literally to be restored to eternal spiritual union with ETERNAL God., as "One with God". = And "God is A Spirit".

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Literally this means, that GOD, who is Eternal LIFE... and Adam's Spirit, disconnected.. So, that disconnect from God's Life, is spiritual death.
Its the loss of spiritual union with God, that is the idea. = "spiritual death"
Yes!!!....I get it now, Praise God!!....Amen!!!

Took me a while to understand this, though ,in the Spirit, Praise God he got me there....

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well we tangle again!

Sorry but unsaved man is only bichotomous and not trichotomous as the Scripture declares.

Paul explicitly declared that the unsaved have dead spirits and those spirits must be made alive again- that is what being born from above in John 3 means! when one becomes a believer then they are are three part being as was before th efall. We have our body, our soul and our spirit which was made alive again! It is not being alive and spearate form Gopds spirit. It is dead and unable to have any communication with anything or anybody!

I agree we not created a tri-part being. Because the Word says man was created with a body + spirit (breath of life) and together we became living souls. But you are right about us being three part when we have the Holy Spirit giving spiritual life to our spirit. We could say after being born again we are body + spirit (breath of physical life) + Holy Spirit (breath of supernatural eternal spiritual life), and together living souls.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also, there is no such thing as a "'dead spirit."
Why?
Because the spirit is the real you, and if it was dead you'd be dead, because all unbelievers would not exist., and you were one of those, at one time.

If not the natural spirit in us, what does Paul mean when he says, we are DEAD in trespasses and sins before we are born again?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Paul in corinthians said we now have the mind of Christ!

Verse 15 is the context.

Paul is talking about "spiritual discernment"..

He's not claiming that all have the mind of Christ.
See, if we all did, there would not be an arguments about Theology. There would not be 45,500 denominations in the world all claiming to be "the real one".

There would be no "Catholic" vs" "Protestant" if "all have the mind of Christ".

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
If not the natural spirit in us, what does Paul mean when he says, we are DEAD in trespasses and sins before we are born again?

"in Adam we all die"... 2x..

"The body is dead because of sin" and that never changes.. which is why you get a new body, later on after they bury yours or creamate it.
(Unless the Rapture takes place soon).

and.

Sin... sin is what separated Adam from God, Spiritually, and that is "spiritual death"...
WE are all "sinners". as "all have sinned".
The spirit is alive, but its not joined to God, who is "A Spirit"... "God is A Spirit".
So, our spirit is rejoined to God's Spirit = when we are "born again Spiritually" by God's Holy Spirit.

This is to become a "NEW Creation.. .IN... Christ'"....as "ONE With God".. .and "God is A Spirit".

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Yes!!!....I get it now, Praise God!!....Amen!!!

Took me a while to understand this, though ,in the Spirit, Praise God he got me there....

"spiritually separated from God" = spiritual death...... its not a dead spirit.....its to be parted, separated, from God "who is A Spirit".

When We are born again, we are "Spiritually BIRTHED", into God, who is "A Spirit" by the "Holy Spirit" (Same).
= We have become a "new (spiritual) Creation ... "in Christ"... "One with God".

A.) This is the Son/Daughter of God.........=- The born again Spirit..... the "new Creation... IN Christ"..

• Love

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
"spiritually separated from God" = spiritual death...... its not a dead spirit.....its to be parted, separated, from God "who is A Spirit".

When We are born again, we are "Spiritually BIRTHED", into God, who is "A Spirit" by the "Holy Spirit" (Same).
= We have become a "new (spiritual) Creation ... "in Christ"... "One with God".

A.) This is the Son/Daughter of God.........=- The born again Spirit..... the "new Creation... IN Christ"..
Amen!!!...100% agree.....

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not asking anyone to prove they are born again. Your claim was having supernaturally received knowledge. That's what you need to prove.

And you just can't stop with the name-calling.
Could be wrong but that is what I think Pat Robertson meant and his crew when they always got "A Word of Knowledge" IOW an idea came that seemed reasonable.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"in Adam we all die"... 2x..

"The body is dead because of sin" and that never changes.. which is why you get a new body, later on after they bury yours or creamate it.
(Unless the Rapture takes place soon).

and.

Sin... sin is what separated Adam from God, Spiritually, and that is "spiritual death"...
WE are all "sinners". as "all have sinned".
The spirit is alive, but its not joined to God, who is "A Spirit"... "God is A Spirit".
So, our spirit is rejoined to God's Spirit = when we are "born again Spiritually" by God's Holy Spirit.

This is to become a "NEW Creation.. .IN... Christ'"....as "ONE With God".. .and "God is A Spirit".

Paul was not referring to physical death when he says we were DEAD in trespasses and sins. He was speaking of how we are spiritually DEAD before new birth.

I agree when Adam sinned all of his progeny would be born physically alive, spiritually DEAD. And they will remain spiritually DEAD in trespasses and sins unless/until they are born again. How are we born again? When we know/understand through Christ's Spirit in us (mental assent). The way we know (mental/of the mind) and believe according to grace through faith gives us eternal life, and this by God's grace through faith we received when we heard the Gospel through the power of His Spirit. When we have been born again we are no longer body + natural spirit = complete physical living souls. After new birth we are body + natural spirit, together with the Spirit of Christ and are complete physical plus eternal spiritual living souls.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Paul was not referring to physical death when he says we were DEAD in trespasses and sins. He was speaking of how we are spiritually DEAD before new birth.

Physical death is occurring to you right now.
Jesus has resolved our Eternal life for us, by rejoining us to God, who is "A Spirit" .. but your body is not born again.
In fact, you were born to die., and you're on the way.

So, dead in trespasses, is the same as being a sinner.
Same idea.
"all have sinned", yet the spirit in a sinner is not dead.......its just separated from God, who is "A Spirit".

When they are born again Spiritually, they are rejoined to God, which ends their spiritual death, forever.

So, what is the "2nd Death"..
That is not a death.. .that is a continuation of the 1st death.

Its to remain spiritually separated from God, after you die.

so, 1st death is spiritual separation from God... on earth and 2nd Death is spiritual separation from God, for all eternity.

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I agree when Adam sinned all of his progeny would be born physically alive, spiritually DEAD.
Since our spirits come from God (Zech 12:1; Ecc; 12"7), what you are positing is that God delivers a dead spirit to the new born. I reject that. Dead in trespasses and sins is dead in our trespasses and sins, not Adam's.

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Claiming divine inspiration does not invalidate or prove an argument.
If the one making such a claim cannot prove it, then it does indeed invalidate the argument for me. There is absolutely no reason for me to assume they are telling the truth, and that is really independent of the question of secessionism.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since our spirits come from God (Zech 12:1; Ecc; 12"7), what you are positing is that God delivers a dead spirit to the new born. I reject that. Dead in trespasses and sins is dead in our trespasses and sins, not Adam's.

God created man with a body and a spirit or breath of life, to give the body physical life. What God created He said was, "very good." Man had the ability to live forever IF he obeyed God. We all know of Adam's disobedience. God said that on the day man disobeyed God they would DIE! They did not physically die, but they did spiritually die. That's why Paul says "we were DEAD in trespasses and sins." It was man's choice that brought sin and death through sin unto ALL mankind. God does NOT "deliver a dead spirit to the new born." It was the first Adam that brought this fate upon all mankind. For that reason mankind must be born again to have eternal life.

Romans 5:14 (KJV) Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

1 Corinthians 15:22 (KJV) For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He meant that when you sinned you died.

All have sinned, but not all have died! Unless of course you mean that sin brought physical death upon every living breathing creature upon the earth, and one day we shall all physically die. We don't die when we sin, we sin because we are born with the natural nature of Adam, who introduced sin, and death through sin into creation. After sin came into creation, death from sin became apparent when Cain killed his brother, Abel. After that we read that the son, Seth, who was born to replace Abel, was born in the likeness and image of his biological father, Adam.

Genesis 5:3 (KJV) And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth: