Southern border crisis

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also want to add the following: A relative works in the hospital and migrants are bringing in TB. This disease was eradicated in America and now MIGRANTS ARE BRINGING IN ANTIBIOTIC-RESISTANT STRAINS OF TUBERCULOSIS.

We're supposed to love as Christians, but I don't think that God wants us to be stupid either.

1. Most immigrants go on welfare, food-stamps, and Medicaid. The number of people on government-aid has now surpassed the number of people working. It isn't hard to figure out that this can't last.

2. Hospitals by law have to treat people regardless of their ability to pay. Many migrants use hospitals for free medical care. Because of this many hospitals have closed down leaving Americans who live in the area without a hospital.

3. Inflation has increased but salaries haven't. Therefore you have both parents forced to work, leaving generations of latchkey kids.

Immigration is destroying America just like it destroyed Rome.

The family member told me that one of her TB-infected migrant patients got up and walked out of the hospital. Why aren't these people being quarantined? Many go to work in restaurant kitchens where they can pass infection through handling food.

WHEN ARE AMERICANS GOING TO PROTESTS THIS? DOESN'T ANYONE RECALL READING ABOUT PANDEMICS IN HISTORY?

Here is a group that is fighting it: www.alipac.us

Reactions: Nancy and Mayflower

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was awoken to the southern border crises in a remarkable way: I couldn't be seen in the ER because it was packed with illegals getting free medical care. That was when I knew America had gotten dangerous. I posted this on another thread but it bears repeating. I learned this after many hours of research:

Part of the reason why Rome fell was because of immigration: How immigration destroyed Rome. Oxford historian Peter Heather has reexamined the fall of Rome. His new book, The Fall of the Roman Empire, holds many lessons for today. - Free Online Library

The opioid epidemic is NOT caused by prescriptions. I belong to a group that has exposed this lie that the government-owned news continues to perpetrate. The epidemic began after Bill Clinton signed NAFTA and all the manufacturing left the country and went to Mexico.The trucks carrying manufactured goods were loaded with illegal drugs and only 3% were searched (whose idea was that?) and the drug-laden trucks rolled right into America. Clinton warned the DEA to remain quiet about it. It was all planned and orchestrated by those pushing the New World Order; of which Clinton is part. Several things transpired that our group happened to learn through a lot of research. NAFTA sent a lot of the manufacturing and jobs out of the country leaving hollowed out communities. At the same time illegal drugs were imported into communities across the country. The combination was orchestrated and deadly: thousands of Americans became addicted to drugs and many died - and it's expected to get worse.

The CDC erroneously blamed doctors and patients for the epidemic and the DEA went after doctors who prescribed opiates and many thousands of Americans were put off of all pain relief. Many committed suicide. Many were vets. There was some diversion but the bulk of the epidemic was caused by drugs flooding in through our porous southern border and through the mail from China. I was sent this video yesterday from my group: a cancer patient was refused pain relief:

Cancer Patient's Rite Aid Video Goes Viral

At the same time that jobs were sent out of the country and drugs imported causing mass addiction and death, the borders were open and doctors and came here on H1b visas, and Mexicans flooded in. This is planned. Part of the reason why Rome fell was because of immigration: How immigration destroyed Rome. Oxford historian Peter Heather has reexamined the fall of Rome. His new book, The Fall of the Roman Empire, holds many lessons for today. - Free Online Library

I'll say it again so everyone realizes what is happening to America and why: Part of the reason why Rome fell was because of immigration

To fulfill the New World Order they had to kill off many independent-minded Americans and destroy the middle class. They want low-intelligence migrants that they can control (this is not MY reasoning; it was part of the NWO stated goals.) I believe that the Papacy is trying to destroy Protestantism/ Christianity. All these doctors who flooded into America on H1b visas are bringing in "Doctrines of Demons" - Islam and Buddhism. (Be careful: I read of at least 3 untimely American deaths from foreign doctors. I only use American doctors now.) While those from Mexico and Venezuela etc. are Catholic. At the same time they're poisoning American children with cartoons that introduce them to perversity, and introduce cartoons such as the Simpsons who make out a man to be a buffoon. They put out ideas such as "toxic masculinity" and push radical feminism.

When you research this a clear picture begins to emerge and you can see why seemingly disparate things are happening. America is slated for destruction from within just like Rome.

The question I have in all this is: Are we to roll over while this is happening or should we fight? Many Christians aren't doing anything; they expect God to do it all. I'm unsure yet if this is the right way to go. I know that Habakuk cried out to God about the evil he saw and it was God who used their enemies to discipline and then deliver them. I'm just unsure what we're to do, if anything. My inclination is to fight it before we completely lose our country.

I'm so concerned because so many Christians are rolling over and we no longer have the spirit of revolution. I keep trying to warn everyone: TRUMP IS NOT YOUR FRIEND. HE IS NOT MAKING AMERICA GREAT AGAIN. HE IS LYING - SAYING ONE THING WHILE DOING ANOTHER. HE IS CONTINUING THE ENDLESS WARS, AND CONTINUING MASS MIGRATION HERE ALL IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE NEW WORLD ORDER.

I read yesterday that as of now there are more people on welfare then there are working and many of those collecting welfare are immigrants. No country can last like this.

So what are we to do?
Where in the apostasy so it is not going to get better.

Reactions: friend of

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree about the immigration, @Sovereign Grace , but President Trump is the first who has ever even made immigration an issue in years. Immigration just being in the spotlight is doing something.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also want to add the following: A relative works in the hospital and migrants are bringing in TB. This disease was eradicated in America and now MIGRANTS ARE BRINGING IN ANTIBIOTIC-RESISTANT STRAINS OF TUBERCULOSIS.

We're supposed to love as Christians, but I don't think that God wants us to be stupid either.

1. Most immigrants go on welfare, food-stamps, and Medicaid. The number of people on government-aid has now surpassed the number of people working. It isn't hard to figure out that this can't last.

2. Hospitals by law have to treat people regardless of their ability to pay. Many migrants use hospitals for free medical care. Because of this many hospitals have closed down leaving Americans who live in the area without a hospital.

3. Inflation has increased but salaries haven't. Therefore you have both parents forced to work, leaving generations of latchkey kids.

Immigration is destroying America just like it destroyed Rome.

The family member told me that one of her TB-infected migrant patients got up and walked out of the hospital. Why aren't these people being quarantined? Many go to work in restaurant kitchens where they can pass infection through handling food.

WHEN ARE AMERICANS GOING TO PROTESTS THIS? DOESN'T ANYONE RECALL READING ABOUT PANDEMICS IN HISTORY?

Here is a group that is fighting it: www.alipac.us

This world is so off balance in so many ways. And, there is way too much ignorance and apathy. Greed is and has been out of control forever and just becomes more and more accepted! I think there will be no going back to anything even resembling decency in this world.
It's as if all of this immigration is allowed for a reason...but then that's a whole other subject :)

Reactions: Mayflower

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not over yet. But, personally this crisis is what the Democrats and other treasonist groups within the USA have created, I hope you see that. They want to destroy America and I got to say too many Canadians have been grossly uninformed ,not just about US politics but current world events, and naively still maintained a 'we hate the arrogant Americans' attitude' because of some false sense of moral superiority.

I've seen where leftists demonize anyone who claims to want border security: they fling the ugly label of "Racist!" They know that the label of being a 'racist' carries a lot of negative weight. The leftist then sometimes get the reaction that they seek: afraid to be labeled a racist, the individual to whom the label was assigned goes on the defensive. Some will then take great pains to "prove" they aren't racist and will flip to the other side and say that they welcome everyone.

Antibiotic-resistant TB is coming into the country and I'm waiting for a pandemic. We are being put at risk in many ways. I know what Scripture says about the devil's wrath in the end times since he knows his time is short, but at the same time I don't believe we should stand by and watch our country destroyed. I'm waiting for someone with strong leadership skills to stand up against this but so far no one has.

Last edited:

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nehemiah built a wall as God directed to separate God's people from the heathen [gentiles]. No matter what any one may say the majority of people in the USA are NOT God's people. What is it we are keeping out and what is it we are keeping in?

Consider the hedge/wall around Job that was taken down to allow satan access. Why did that hedge/wall need to come down rather than be built up?

Saying that we should have protection presumes that we are in some sense better than those on the other side of the wall. Are we really? If we are of Christ, are all of those on the other side of the wall NOT of Christ? Are all of the ones on the inside of the wall of Christ? Who should be drawing a line?

"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus." Gal 3:28

For me it isn't about keeping people out, it's about having control over our sovereign country for the protection of everyone. Due to the border crisis, America is now importing diseases such as TB that our country has conquered a long time ago. I have family who works caring for illegal immigrants in negative pressure rooms for three months at a time, running up exorbitant bills. Hospitals by law have to care for anyone who comes there, regardless of their ability to pay. A number of hospitals have closed down due to bankruptcy because of being forced to treat illegal immigrants. There is a perfect storm on the horizon: Antibiotic-resistant TB is coming in through our border, as hospitals are closing. If or when a pandemic hits, Americans may not have a local hospital to treat them. They are then forced to leave the area and burden another city even as more cases of TB are being imported. This is a dangerous scenario.

There is a cruel twist to this: If an illegal immigrant runs up a massive bill they don't have to worry about ever paying it back. If an American runs up a massive bill the hospital will go after them or their spouse or children to pay the bill. I met a woman whose husband racked a bill up and then died. They came after her and forced her to sell her house right out from under her to pay her husband's hospital bill. She then had to go into low-income housing with illegals and she told me that they torment her. (Not exactly the sad-faced poor illegals worthy of our sympathy that the news shows) I've met nice ones but they're like everyone else: the good, the bad, and the ugly. We have to exercise caution when reading the news; there is so much propaganda.

The danger of this hit home when I was prevented from being seen in the ER in spite of being doubled over. My husband pleaded with them to see me but they said it would be a 5 hour wait. I couldn't make it and had him take me home. That was when I knew that America was in trouble. Those who don't live in an area where there has been high immigration haven't felt this yet; you will. It's frightening when you're turned away from the hospital.

So this isn't about keeping some people out; it's about sanely setting limits on how many people we can realistically admit into any given area. The area we were in just could not support that many people. When you would walk down the street the smell of raw sewage would come up through the grates - it was nasty and I'd say dangerous due to the gases. Really think about what is coming to your area: The Effects of Breathing Raw Sewage Fumes

All those people generate a lot of sewage. All that waste has to be treated in plants and they couldn't do it. The toilets wouldn't flush. Really think about this and the hidden dangers and you'll reach the same conclusion as I have: We simply cannot admit all the people who want to come here.

You also get overcrowding of schools and a burden on the local school system. You get doctors offices that are overrun so that you have to wait hours at a time before being seen.

Another issue that I read about is that America has successfully driven down drunk driving rates due to strict laws that were passed. They have no such laws in Mexico and the other countries and they're coming here and driving drunk. My brother-in-laws friends son was killed by an illegal. How can people who can't read or speak English read our English road signs? They can't. I read the other day that due to mass migration there are now more people on welfare than there are working. You know that can't last. When I had business at our local government building it was packed with immigrant MEN filing for welfare. That was when I saw that we were being lied to about them coming here to work. Maybe some of them. The government is squeezing the middle class in taxes and many Americans are out working two and three jobs and these people are flocking here to live off us. That's not right. Scripture is plain: if you don't work you don't eat.

I've heard people who act like they're somehow morally superior because they welcome everybody. They're not morally superior; they're cowards who buckle to the leftists. They want to play Russian Roulette with your future.

These issues have nothing to do with keeping "us" in and "them" out. I've met some nicer migrants than Americans; people are individuals. We had a really nice Mexican family and their kids come over - really nice people. If I had a choice I'd take them over some Americans I know. People are individuals.

This should never be an "us" vs "them." Christians especially are commanded to love. I believe that we're to help people if it's within our power to do so. But this "forced charity" is something else and I don't think it's biblical. My sister is the greediest, most selfish person you could meet. She and her family got government handouts. Their fellow Americans were "forced" to work and give her family new windows on her entire house, a reduced mortgage and God knows what else yet if she saw you in need she'd look the other way. She and her husband were lazy and expected everybody else to carry them. If you were starving and she had a full table she'd let you starve before giving you even a slice of bread. She and her brood got a hand up and they did well for themselves over time although never paid anything back. She and her husband retired and her husband worked for the government and you'll be paying for her lifetime health care. By contrast, those of us who never got a hand up aren't doing as good as she is. Her house is paid off and she goes on lavish vacations that we can't afford. Her son and his wife got a lot of government handouts and they own their own house at a young age. I know plenty of people who can't afford a house. So I think this "forced charity" isn't biblical. I don't think it will ever be abolished however since there are too many people on it who would riot, although I do wonder why overtaxed Americans paying for it all don't riot.

This is all not a "we" vs "them"- it's about applying wisdom to how many people we can safely assimilate. Immigration is part of the reason that Rome fell. There are people at the apex of power who know this and are actively trying to destroy America. I think the question in all of our minds should be: at what point are we going to act to stop it? I think that some Christians believe that all we have to do is vote and pray and let God handle it all. I just don't think that's what we're to do.

Another twist to this that I read was that many Mexican men were deserting their families and moving to America. This further contributes to harm against Mexicans. Many young migrant girls are forced into prostitution. I saw one pretty young Mexican girl who was force into prostitution at age 12. Still another case was where two Russians - a husband and wife team - drugged a young American girl and forced her into prostitution. These are people unfamiliar with the risks they take when moving to a new country and they're often preyed upon. This unfortunately isn't black and white; there are many sides to this issue that need to be examined.

I hate even addressing this, but in Germany they opened "animal brothels" due to some Muslims' penchant for bestiality. Every single Christian needs to be praying that mass migration here be stopped along with doctors flocking here on H1b visas and contact their legislators. You may be in your safe little corner of the world now but one of your neighbors could move out and someone evil move in. Bestiality is extremely devilish and will draw the demonic into an area. Drug dealers moved into our neighborhood and I can't tell you how bad it was: they drew unsavory people into the area. Then there was speeding, reckless driving, raucousness, and a whole host of evil that you wouldn't have imagined. America is now in my estimation worse than Sodom and Gomorrah.

Lastly, we owe a secure future to our own families. While Scripture teaches us to love and help those in need we should follow this insofar as we're able. Yet Scripture also says "he who does not care for his own is a thief." As in all things in the Bible we're to take it as a whole, not lift choice verses to shame our fellow Americans into throwing open our borders.

Last edited:

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What a friend said. And I think there are so many political wars going on, charging the Democrats right now would not only be more of a distraction to the issues at hand, but President Trump will be blamed somehow with it.

Or it could all be theatre meant to distract Americans while the New World Order is implemented right under our noses.

Reactions: Nancy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For me it isn't about keeping people out, it's about having control over our sovereign country for the protection of everyone. Due to the border crisis, America is now importing diseases such as TB that our country has conquered a long time ago. I have family who works caring for illegal immigrants in negative pressure rooms for three months at a time, running up exorbitant bills. Hospitals by law have to care for anyone who comes there, regardless of their ability to pay. A number of hospitals have closed down due to bankruptcy because of being forced to treat illegal immigrants. There is a perfect storm on the horizon: Antibiotic-resistant TB is coming in through our border, as hospitals are closing. If or when a pandemic hits, Americans may not have a local hospital to treat them. They are then forced to leave the area and burden another city even as more cases of TB are being imported. This is a dangerous scenario.

There is a cruel twist to this: If an illegal immigrant runs up a massive bill they don't have to worry about ever paying it back. If an American runs up a massive bill the hospital will go after them or their spouse or children to pay the bill. I met a woman whose husband racked a bill up and then died. They came after her and forced her to sell her house right out from under her to pay her husband's hospital bill. She then had to go into low-income housing with illegals and she told me that they torment her. (Not exactly the sad-faced poor illegals worthy of our sympathy that the news shows) I've met nice ones but they're like everyone else: the good, the bad, and the ugly. We have to exercise caution when reading the news; there is so much propaganda.

The danger of this hit home when I was prevented from being seen in the ER in spite of being doubled over. My husband pleaded with them to see me but they said it would be a 5 hour wait. I couldn't make it and had him take me home. That was when I knew that America was in trouble. Those who don't live in an area where there has been high immigration haven't felt this yet; you will. It's frightening when you're turned away from the hospital.

So this isn't about keeping some people out; it's about sanely setting limits on how many people we can realistically admit into any given area. The area we were in just could not support that many people. When you would walk down the street the smell of raw sewage would come up through the grates - it was nasty and I'd say dangerous due to the gases. All those people generate a lot of sewage. All that waste has to be treated in plants and they couldn't do it. The toilets wouldn't flush. Really think about this and you'll reach the same conclusion as I have: We simply cannot admit all the people who want to come here.

You also get overcrowding of schools and a burden on the local school system. You get doctors offices that are overrun so that you have to wait hours at a time before being seen.

Another issue that I read about is that America has successfully driven down drunk driving rates due to strict laws that were passed. They have no such laws in Mexico and the other countries and they're coming here and driving drunk. My brother-in-laws friends son was killed by an illegal. How can people who can't read or speak English read our English road signs? They can't. I read the other day that due to mass migration there are now more people on welfare than there are working. You know that can't last. When I had business at our local government building it was packed with immigrant MEN filing for welfare. That was when I saw that we were being lied to about them coming here to work. Maybe some of them. The government is squeezing the middle class in taxes and many Americans are out working two and three jobs and these people are flocking here to live off us. That's not right. Scripture is plain: if you don't work you don't eat.

These issues have nothing to do with keeping "us" in and "them" out. I've met some nicer migrants than Americans; people are individuals. We had a really nice Mexican family and their kids come over - really nice people. If I had a choice I'd take them over some Americans I know. People are individuals.

This should never be an "us" vs "them." Christians especially are commanded to love. I believe that we're to help people if it's within our power to do so. But this "forced charity" is something else and I don't think it's biblical. My sister is the greediest, most selfish person you could meet. She and her family got government handouts. Their fellow Americans were "forced" to work and give her family new windows on her entire house, a reduced mortgage and God knows what else yet if she saw you in need she'd look the other way. She and her husband were lazy and expected everybody else to carry them. If you were starving and she had a full table she'd let you starve before giving you even a slice of bread. She and her brood got a hand up and they did well for themselves over time although never paid anything back. She and her husband retired and her husband worked for the government and you'll be paying for her lifetime health care. By contrast, those of us who never got a hand up aren't doing as good as she is. Her house is paid off and she goes on lavish vacations that we can't afford. Her son and his wife got a lot of government handouts and they own their own house at a young age. I know plenty of people who can't afford a house. So I think this "forced charity" isn't biblical. I don't think it will ever be abolished however since there are too many people on it who would riot, although I do wonder why overtaxed Americans paying for it all don't riot.

This is all not a "we" vs "them"- it's about applying wisdom to how many people we can safely assimilate. Immigration is part of the reason that Rome fell. There are people at the apex of power who know this and are actively trying to destroy America. I think the question in all of our minds should be: at what point are we going to act to stop it? I think that some Christians believe that all we have to do is vote and pray and let God handle it all. I just don't think that's what we're to do.

While you may not be completely wrong, consider this:

Why is our sovereign country of America better than was the sovereign country of Jericho? Why was Rahab the harlot right to harbor the Hebrew infiltrators or spies whose purpose was to discover the best way to undermine and destroy her own nation, her own sovereign nation?

What is special about America to God and the Way of God? Should we side with Superman standing for "truth, justice and the American way" instead of with God standing for "truth, justice and God's Way? Can we put America first along with God... no matter what?

Consider also that the nation of Israel and then also the nation of Judah were supposedly composed of God's people yet as they backslid and rebelled against Him repeatedly, what was their end result as they were carried into captivity and destroyed by heathen nations?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why is our sovereign country of America better than was the sovereign country of Jericho?
Comparing apples and oranges serves no purpose other than to obfuscate.

Here's the reason Jericho was destroyed:
And the city shall be accursed, even it, and all that are therein, to the LORD: only Rahab the harlot shall live, she and all that are with her in the house, because she hid the messengers that we sent... And they utterly destroyed all that was in the city, both man and woman, young and old, and ox, and sheep, and ass, with the edge of the sword. (Joshua 6:17,21)

Why was Jericho utterly destroyed? Because it was a hotbed of paganism, idolatry, and wickedness. On the other hand, God would have spared Sodom and Gomorrah if he could have found ten righteous men therein.

America was founded on Christian principles, and even the Deists among the Founding Fathers were God-fearing. And even though there is much wickedness in America at the present, there are also many righteous men and women.

Reactions: tzcho2

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And the city shall be accursed, even it, and all that are therein, to the LORD: only Rahab the harlot shall live, she and all that are with her in the house, because she hid the messengers that we sent... And they utterly destroyed all that was in the city, both man and woman, young and old, and ox, and sheep, and ass, with the edge of the sword. (Joshua 6:17,21)

Why was Jericho utterly destroyed? Because it was a hotbed of paganism, idolatry, and wickedness. On the other hand, God would have spared Sodom and Gomorrah if he could have found ten righteous men therein.

America was founded on Christian principles, and even the Deists among the Founding Fathers were God-fearing. And even though there is much wickedness in America at the present, there are also many righteous men and women.
God waited until the nations of the promised land decline so much they deserved destruction before bringing Israel out of Egypt.

Trying to compare Jericho and the US is totally illogical.

Yes, I believe the US is in apostasy. But no, it is not a pagan nation.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Citing why Jericho was destroyed says nothing about America nor the specific questions I raised. Unless Americans respond sincerely in a manner corresponding to the words of II Chron 7:14 why should God have more mercy on them than on the people of Jericho or on His people the children of Israel?

You speak of Christian principles at the foundation, but was not the foundation of Israel based on the very directions of God as described in the scriptures? Did America have more from God than natural Israel? If yes, then read carefully the words of Jesus here:

"But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more" Luke 12:48

When the Israelites rebelled repeatedly [10 times per Numb 14:22] in the wilderness the result for them was exclusion from the Promised Land to all except the two adults who stood with God all of the way. Two men out of 600,000. You say there are "many righteous men and women" here in the USA. If true why would any but those righteous be protected? Why would any but them receive any more blessings from God? Why would any but those be saved?

Remember also these words written by Ezekiel about the house of Israel:

"Though these three men, Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it, they should deliver but their own souls by their righteousness, saith the Lord GOD." Ezek 14:14

The righteous indeed as a result of their righteousness may have their souls delivered, but likely most of the people in these United States will NOT qualify no matter what religion they have checked on their assorted applications... A person saying that he is Christian is not enough, is it?

Again then... presuming that Americans qualify to be called his people and to be call by his name...:

"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." II Chron 7:14

Last edited:

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Citing why Jericho was destroyed says nothing about America nor the specific questions I raised. Unless Americans respond sincerely in a manner corresponding to the words of II Chron 7:14 why should God have more mercy on them than on the people of Jericho or on His people the children of Israel?

You speak of Christian principles at the foundation, but was not the foundation of Israel based on the very directions of God as described in the scriptures? Did America have more from God than natural Israel? If yes, then read carefully the words of Jesus here:

"But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more" Luke 12:48

When the Israelites rebelled repeatedly [10 times per Numb 14:22] in the wilderness the result for them was exclusion from the Promised Land to all except the two adults who stood with God all of the way. Two men out of 600,000. You say there are "many righteous men and women" here in the USA. If true why would any but those righteous be protected? Why would any but them receive any more blessings from God? Why would any but those be saved?

Remember also these words written by Ezekiel about the house of Israel:

"Though these three men, Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it, they should deliver but their own souls by their righteousness, saith the Lord GOD." Ezek 14:14

The righteous indeed as a result of their righteousness may have their souls delivered, but likely most of the people in these United States will NOT qualify no matter what religion they have checked on their assorted applications... A person saying that he is Christian is not enough, is it?

Again then... presuming that Americans qualify to be called his people and to be call by his name...:

"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." II Chron 7:14

Only Israel is prophetically stated to be a holy nation.

Reactions: amadeus

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God waited until the nations of the promised land decline so much they deserved destruction before bringing Israel out of Egypt.

Trying to compare Jericho and the US is totally illogical.

Yes, I believe the US is in apostasy. But no, it is not a pagan nation.
I agree , it is not pagan, it is falling away. I agree with yours and @ Enoch111's points, imo, God still has a purpose for the USA for the time being and it is holding a lot of evil at bay in the world.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...interesting thought. I'm not certain.
Prophecy says the AC will be conquering lands until he is confronted by nations of the Western coast. Then he will turn back and conquer Israel.

So the question is which Western nations have military strength to oppose the AC?

Remember, the AC empire is the restored Roman which is the EU.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While you may not be completely wrong, consider this:

Why is our sovereign country of America better than was the sovereign country of Jericho? Why was Rahab the harlot right to harbor the Hebrew infiltrators or spies whose purpose was to discover the best way to undermine and destroy her own nation, her own sovereign nation?

What is special about America to God and the Way of God? Should we side with Superman standing for "truth, justice and the American way" instead of with God standing for "truth, justice and God's Way? Can we put America first along with God... no matter what?

Consider also that the nation of Israel and then also the nation of Judah were supposedly composed of God's people yet as they backslid and rebelled against Him repeatedly, what was their end result as they were carried into captivity and destroyed by heathen nations?

I'm not sure if this isn't comparing apples to oranges. There are so many "ifs" that one would be hard-pressed to agree that there is a correlation between Jericho and America. One can make a clever-sounding argument and use catchy phrases but in the end we have to ask ourselves what makes sense. I think that God expects us to use our own good judgment and wisdom. Raw sewage emanating up through the city grates is not utilizing wisdom.

I believe that judgment on America is going to happen, but I also know that there are those who have lived righteously like Lot. I want to be judged by what I do, not by what some leftist does.

America may be too far gone and judgment is already on the horizon, but I still think that believers should work to try to preserve what is left of our country. I thought on this at length. I don't have the power of a legislator, movie star, or any other form of power but I think that the best way that we have at our disposal is evangelizing - and of course prayer. I also believe in taking sensible action. I know believers who don't contact legislators about anything; they justify their inaction by claiming that God is going to do it all. I think that is dangerous a view. There is an old axiom: silence equals assent. If legislators know that there are people who are going to hold their feet to the fire for their decisions they're naturally going to think twice when taking a course of action. Of course this often doesn't work: We contacted our RINO and he ignored it. So it's a tough call - but I still don't believe that we are to roll over when decisions are being made that will ultimately harm us and our families.