Spirit-Filled Members: Please Comment

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am waiting on a certain person who you have in mind that you think is a Prophet or Prophetess.
Why? This is my faith and belief and I will not be persuaded otherwise by anyone who wants to challenge it. I have seen, heard and experienced many supernatural events in my life including having an angel appear and minister to me.
I believe I have put my testimony here on a thread and it describes the 1st time I ever encountered a prophet. There is no disputing that this was a man who heard ACCURATELY what God was speaking to him.......then a month or two later another prophet who gave me the exact same message. That was back in 1984....long time ago.
If you want to go read it here is the link...
For those who don't believe in prophets today....explain this

Reactions: amadeus and ScottA

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You quoted me but addressed Enoch. (Hopefully you are not going blind).
With NAR spreading like wildfire, with many falling for it's deception, why not discuss it now?

Look again. I quoted post #82.

Gentlemen, no disrespect here, but you are both teaching on a subject you have no personal knowledge or experience of. You are operating solely on a faulty understanding of what you think scripture teaches. The big trouble here is that you will be held accountable for everything you teach. By declaring yourself as teachers, you will be judged more strictly for what you said (James 3:1).

As for NAR, I have already said this and it didn't register. That is a FALSE prophetic movement, just like the Last Reformation is. What do such movements have to do with those who move in the real article? By citing the false, you would have me defend that which I have repeatedly stated I vehemently oppose. That isn't debate, it's either failing to comprehend me or being downright dishonest.
I am waiting on a certain person who you have in mind that you think is a Prophet or Prophetess.
So as a Prophet, have they left any message by which we can test the spirit?

1 John 4:1 (NASB) Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Prism, I could post about 15 pages instantly of material that you could "test the spirit" on, but it would be an utter waste of time if you are approaching the issue from the following presumption:
There are no more Apostles or Prophets today. Do you know any? Are their words giving us new revelation that is equal to Scripture? All the Apostles and Prophets were Jewish, are these Jewish? Please give me two names, that I may test the spirits against God's Word.

This is your iron-clad determination going in, is it not? The reason you won't get much response from Continuationists when you want them to "name some," is because every prophet that I've ever seen who was worth his metal has had more lies posted about him online than you can shake a stick at. Why? Because Satan hates manifestations of the genuine spiritual gifts, and uses the same tactic he has always used in such instances: FALSE WITNESS. And since you will approach the discussion under the assumption that every modern day prophet is automatically a fraud and a liar, proclaiming them guilty before they've even had a trial, why would we waste our time? So what you end up getting is silence. For us to tell you would only make you that much more answerable to God, since due to your presumptions you just continued to believe the Devil's lies anyway, and continued to proclaim there are no more supernatural gifts in spite of countless personal testimonies of other Christians who repeatedly kept telling you otherwise.

And why would we lie about what we have seen and experienced personally? The common argument is "pride," and that we want to make ourselves out as "superior" to you. :rolleyes: Nonsense. That's false accusation as well, and amounts to you yourself serving the Accuser of the brethren. On top of both believing the Devil and siding with him on this issue, you are now adding false accusation against fellow believers in Christ, and openly slandering them based on nothing more than your own personal presumption.

When you approach the subject with a completely closed mind, you leave us with nowhere to go. It's something we have to live with and accept, because you have absolutely no ears to hear anything other than what you already assume to be true.

I'm near certain that these words will not be well received by either of you, despite this being my best attempt at explaining to you what is actually going on, without disrespecting either of you or speaking to either of you in malice. But if it is only going to further more contentious debate, there's no good purpose to it. Even responding at all may have been foolishness on my part. But so be it. We make our attempts.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why? This is my faith and belief and I will not be persuaded otherwise by anyone who wants to challenge it. I have seen, heard and experienced many supernatural events in my life including having an angel appear and minister to me.
I believe I have put my testimony here on a thread and it describes the 1st time I ever encountered a prophet. There is no disputing that this was a man who heard ACCURATELY what God was speaking to him.......then a month or two later another prophet who gave me the exact same message. That was back in 1984....long time ago.
Why? Because if there were such, their prophetic words would be as good as Scripture, even giving us new revelation about God himself, otherwise why have prophets? I guess Scripture has little meaning to you, since you will not be persuaded otherwise.
'You have seen and heard and experienced many supernatural events'...so have I, but I don't base truth on my experiences as satan can transform himself into an angelof light. We must test what is communicated against Scripture. If two persons claiming to be prophets gave contradictory messages, what will be the means of testing their truthfulness?

Isaiah 8:20 NASB
[20] To the law and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to this word, it is because they have no dawn.

Reactions: Enoch111

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gentlemen, no disrespect here, but you are both teaching on a subject you have no personal knowledge or experience of. You are operating solely on a faulty understanding of what you think scripture teaches. The big trouble here is that you will be held accountable for everything you teach. By declaring yourself as teachers, you will be judged more strictly for what you said (James 3:1).

As for NAR, I have already said this and it didn't register. That is a FALSE prophetic movement, just like the Last Reformation is. What do such movements have to do with those who move in the real article? By citing the false, you would have me defend that which I have repeatedly stated I vehemently oppose. That isn't debate, it's either failing to comprehend me or being downright dishonest.

How do you know we have no experience or personal knowledge of? That in itself is a sign of a false prophet. No one here that I know is puffing themselves up as a teacher, maybe you are simply projecting?

Prism, I could post about 15 pages instantly of material that you could "test the spirit" on, but it would be an utter waste of time if you are approaching the issue from the following presumption:
this is my 'presumption...
[20] To the law and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to this word, it is because they have no dawn.

1 John 4:1 NASB
[1] Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

This is your iron-clad determination going in, is it not? The reason you won't get much response from Continuationists when you want them to "name some," is because every prophet that I've ever seen who was worth his metal has had more lies posted about him online than you can shake a stick at. Why? Because Satan hates manifestations of the genuine spiritual gifts, and uses the same tactic he has always used in such instances: FALSE WITNESS. And since you will approach the discussion under the assumption that every modern day prophet is automatically a fraud and a liar, proclaiming them guilty before they've even had a trial, why would we waste our time? So what you end up getting is silence. For us to tell you would only make you that much more answerable to God, since due to your presumptions you just continued to believe the Devil's lies anyway, and continued to proclaim there are no more supernatural gifts in spite of countless personal testimonies of other Christians who repeatedly kept telling you otherwise.

This is simply a red herring full of false accusations (for example, I do believe in the gifts are for today, but not the Office of Prophet or Apostle- so enough with the assumptions). If you can't name a so called Prophet, then give just one prophetic utterance of their's where they included "Thus saith the Lord..."

And why would we lie about what we have seen and experienced personally? The common argument is "pride," and that we want to make ourselves out as "superior" to you. :rolleyes: Nonsense. That's false accusation as well, and amounts to you yourself serving the Accuser of the brethren. On top of both believing the Devil and siding with him on this issue, you are now adding false accusation against fellow believers in Christ, and openly slandering them based on nothing more than your own personal presumption.

Pot/Kettle, but continue basing your truth on your experience rather than God's Word, your choice...

When you approach the subject with a completely closed mind, you leave us with nowhere to go. It's something we have to live with and accept, because you have absolutely no ears to hear anything other than what you already assume to be true.

I'm near certain that these words will not be well received by either of you, despite this being my best attempt at explaining to you what is actually going on, without disrespecting either of you or speaking to either of you in malice. But if it is only going to further more contentious debate, there's no good purpose to it. Even responding at all may have been foolishness on my part. But so be it. We make our attempts.

Clever words, but having been saved 45 years and having been in all types of movements, I have found that God's Word trumps them all...including Prophet Pete and self made Apostle Andy.

The challenge I gave several posts earlier goes unanswered or answered with only smoke ...I wonder why.

Galatians 4:16 NASB
[16] So have I become your enemy by telling you the truth?

Last edited:

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
!Cor 12:28 is speaking of the Office not a gift...
And God has appointed in the church first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healing, helping, administrating, and various kinds of tongues. (1Co 12:28)

There are no more Apostles or Prophets today. Do you know any? Are their words giving us new revelation that is equal to Scripture? All the Apostles and Prophets were Jewish, are these Jewish? Please give me two names, that I may test the spirits against God's Word.

The ROLE is conferred by the gift. The gift does not operate in a church in the way that prophets operated in Old Testament times. ALL spiritual gifts are given to benefit the church and they work in coordination with other gifts among the faithful. They are not given so that one can function as a "lone ranger" who lords it over others. If there are no more apostles (in its simplest sense, a church-founder) or prophets (one who gives a clear gospel message) then there are no more teachers. The key phrase is "appointed in the church".

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The ROLE is conferred by the gift. The gift does not operate in a church in the way that prophets operated in Old Testament times. ALL spiritual gifts are given to benefit the church and they work in coordination with other gifts among the faithful. They are not given so that one can function as a "lone ranger" who lords it over others. If there are no more apostles (in its simplest sense, a church-founder) or prophets (one who gives a clear gospel message) then there are no more teachers. The key phrase is "appointed in the church".
So what you are saying is that today there are Missionaries and Evangelists, which I agree.

You do realize today there are those self proclaiming themselves as Prophets and Apostles,(mostly associated with NAR and those influenced by them) who claim these Offices are for today? This is my contention.

Those who claim the gift of prophecy, often have contradictory messages and still one must resort to testing their utterances against Scripture.

1 John 4:1 NASBS
[1] Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why? Because if there were such, their prophetic words would be as good as Scripture, even giving us new revelation about God himself, otherwise why have prophets? I guess Scripture has little meaning to you, since you will not be persuaded otherwise.
'You have seen and heard and experienced many supernatural events'...so have I, but I don't base truth on my experiences as satan can transform himself into an angelof light. We must test what is communicated against Scripture. If two persons claiming to be prophets gave contradictory messages, what will be the means of testing their truthfulness?

I know what scripture teaches...i disagree with you on how you use scripture out of context. Isaiah was a prophet and that book teaches a great deal about the relationship between God and His messengers/prophets..i appreciate your o.j intent to warn me of false prophets but I already know how to spot them.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know what scripture teaches...i disagree with you on how you use scripture out of context. Isaiah was a prophet and that book teaches a great deal about the relationship between God and His messengers/prophets..i appreciate your o.j intent to warn me of false prophets but I already know how to spot them.
In post #83 I responded to your comment "However, there are still "prophets" today..".
Let's go back and I'll ask 'WHO?' or "What is their message?"
If you can't answer this, I'll just assume you are either making this up, or wishing it so.
I can't believe how many are saying there are Prophets today, but can't point to just one.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you know we have no experience or personal knowledge of? That in itself is a sign of a false prophet. No one here that I know is puffing themselves up as a teacher, maybe you are simply projecting?

LoL. So you're not teaching in this thread. My apologies for "projecting," as you call it. :)

But alright then, let me hear about your personal experience with operating in the prophetic.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Not speaking for anyone else, but I don't approach this from a cessationist view. I believe God intends all spiritual gifts to continue until we are through with this age.

I believe in testing things.

Much love!

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not speaking for anyone else, but I don't approach this from a cessationist view. I believe God intends all spiritual gifts to continue until we are through with this age.

I believe in testing things.

Much love!

I do too, marks : ) Thanks for the clarification.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great testimony!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In post #83 I responded to your comment "However, there are still "prophets" today..".
Let's go back and I'll ask 'WHO?' or "What is their message?"
If you can't answer this, I'll just assume you are either making this up, or wishing it so.
I can't believe how many are saying there are Prophets today, but can't point to just one.
Hi Prism,

I think no one wants to point to someone in particular knowing what will happen if they do.

For myself . . . I believe God speaks in prophecy through His children today, and I truly hope that He does with me.

@Heart2Soul gave her testimony of God's prophecy to her, with a word of knowledge included to increase her faith.

I think the real prophets are just like the real apostles and real evangelists, so busy serving the people around them that for the most part no one else even knows who they are.

Much love!

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But alright then, let me hear about your personal experience with operating in the prophetic.
First give me what I have asked for the last few days..."Who are the Prophets and what is their message?"
Quit blowing smoke and answer if you can.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Prism,

I think no one wants to point to someone in particular knowing what will happen if they do.

For myself . . . I believe God speaks in prophecy through His children today, and I truly hope that He does with me.

@Heart2Soul gave her testimony of God's prophecy to her, with a word of knowledge included to increase her faith.

I think the real prophets are just like the real apostles and real evangelists, so busy serving the people around them that for the most part no one else even knows who they are.

Much love!
What will happen if they do? They will most likely be proven a false prophet and then followed by warnings from their dupey followers saying "Touch not the Lord's annointed". No that game is too old and obvious.
Sure God may on occasion use a person to prophecy, but that doesn't make them a Prophet. Even Caiaphas prophesied, but that didn't make him a Prophet, he was a high priest at the time...

John 11:49-51 (KJV) And one of them, named Caiaphas, being the high priest that same year, said unto them, Ye know nothing at all, Nor consider that it is expedient for us, that one man should die for the people, and that the whole nation perish not. And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation;

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What will happen if they do?
You've seen the behavior some exhibit on this forum. It's hardly the safe place to make yourself vulnerable.

But as to your other comment . . .

If someone steals, do you call them a thief?
If someone lies, do you call them a liar?
If someone gives, do you call them a giver?
If someone prophesies, what do you call them?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First give me what I have asked for the last few days..."Who are the Prophets and what is their message?"
Seriously, aren't you all poised and ready to take down any answer supplied?

Much love!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I have explained to you why that would be a fool's move. Explain to me why you cannot tell me about your professed experience in the prophetic. Or are you just "blowing smoke"? :)