Spirit-Filled Members: Please Comment

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hidden In Him:-
Well for starters this is a wonderful practice, and not only commendable but as you know also high beneficial to the spiritual life.

But now, if you read it carefully, the verses that succeed 18 are actually additional commands in light of being filled with the Spirit, not an en toto descriptive of what someone filled with the Spirit will do.
Hello @Hidden In Him,

I believe that in Ephesians 5:18-21, we see the evidence of a spirit-filled believer.
* We see something very similar in Colossians 3:16, concerning the word of Christ dwelling in us richly:-

'Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom;
teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs,
singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving thanks to God and the Father by Him.'

(Colossians 3:16-17)

* Only when the word of Christ is dwelling in me richly, do I know joy in my heart, which overflows in this way: so, for me it is what being spirit-filled means. I desire nothing more. He is sufficient for me.

Praise His Holy Name!

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When did I say I haven't found any prophets anywhere? LoL.
Posts #63 & 63

PRISM
I haven't found any prophets anywhere in the sense that their predictive word is always true.
Yes, many because of pride, like to strut their stuff, but it impresses me none as they are still subject to God's Written word.

HIH
I haven't either, and indeed they are.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
However, there are still "prophets" today..
Are any of these 'prophets' on the calibre of the OT Prophets since it is the same Spirit? Do all their prophecying come true, or only some, in which case they are not a true prophet of God and whose babblings must be checked against Scripture.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Are any of these 'prophets' on the calibre of the OT Prophets since it is the same Spirit? Do all their prophecying come true, or only some, in which case they are not a true prophet of God and whose babblings must be checked against Scripture.
The question which these prophet-seekers fail to ask themselves is "Why do we need more prophets today -- is it just to tickle our ears?" The apostle John was the LAST GENUINE PROPHET, and Christ Himself was the ultimate Prophet -- the one prophesied by Moses. So what we have today is simply those seeking a spectacle of some kind. This is not spiritual but carnal.

Reactions: prism

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The question which these prophet-seekers fail to ask themselves is "Why do we need more prophets today -- is it just to tickle our ears?" The apostle John was the LAST GENUINE PROPHET, and Christ Himself was the ultimate Prophet -- the one prophesied by Moses. So what we have today is simply those seeking a spectacle of some kind. This is not spiritual but carnal.

No--the New Testament speaks of prophets and the Apostle Paul lists it as a spiritual gift right behind Apostle. (1 Corinthians 12:28--see also Acts 21:9). It operates a bit differently than it did in OT times. It is to be used quietly and humbly within the churches--Revelation 19:10 tells us that the "essence of prophecy is to give a clear witness for Jesus".

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Posts #63 & 63

PRISM
I haven't found any prophets anywhere in the sense that their predictive word is always true.
Yes, many because of pride, like to strut their stuff, but it impresses me none as they are still subject to God's Written word.

HIH
I haven't either, and indeed they are.

Enoch, are you going deaf? I know what I wrote and I know what I said. I've explained it to you.

How about if we give it a rest and come back to it.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No--the New Testament speaks of prophets and the Apostle Paul lists it as a spiritual gift right behind Apostle.
Right. And now the writings of the apostles and prophets are what we hold in our hands as the Holy Bible. John warned everyone in Revelation 22 that no one was to add any more prophecies to what he had penned down. End of story.

Reactions: prism

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Right. And now the writings of the apostles and prophets are what we hold in our hands as the Holy Bible. John warned everyone in Revelation 22 that no one was to add any more prophecies to what he had penned down. End of story.

I believe that John was speaking of the prophecy given in Revelation. When did the spiritual gifts cease?

Reactions: Helen

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No--the New Testament speaks of prophets and the Apostle Paul lists it as a spiritual gift right behind Apostle. (1 Corinthians 12:28--see also Acts 21:9). It operates a bit differently than it did in OT times. It is to be used quietly and humbly within the churches--Revelation 19:10 tells us that the "essence of prophecy is to give a clear witness for Jesus".
!Cor 12:28 is speaking of the Office not a gift...
And God has appointed in the church first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healing, helping, administrating, and various kinds of tongues. (1Co 12:28)

There are no more Apostles or Prophets today. Do you know any? Are their words giving us new revelation that is equal to Scripture? All the Apostles and Prophets were Jewish, are these Jewish? Please give me two names, that I may test the spirits against God's Word.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Enoch, are you going deaf? I know what I wrote and I know what I said. I've explained it to you.

How about if we give it a rest and come back to it.
You quoted me but addressed Enoch. (Hopefully you are not going blind).
With NAR spreading like wildfire, with many falling for it's deception, why not discuss it now?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't answer for anyone....the one i knew was extremely dedicated to God and would be in his prayer room for hours praying.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
!Cor 12:28 is speaking of the Office not a gift...
And God has appointed in the church first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healing, helping, administrating, and various kinds of tongues. (1Co 12:28)

There are no more Apostles or Prophets today. Do you know any? Are their words giving us new revelation that is equal to Scripture? All the Apostles and Prophets were Jewish, are these Jewish? Please give me two names, that I may test the spirits against God's Word.
Well my Bible speaks of Anna the prophetess in Luke and Phillips 4 daughters in Acts.
This link list 9 of the women prophets in the Bible....
I referenced women because it says specifically "prophetess or prophesied "
Prophetesses in the Bible

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't answer for anyone....the one i knew was extremely dedicated to God and would be in his prayer room for hours praying.
So as a Prophet, have they left any message by which we can test the spirit?

1 John 4:1 (NASB) Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well my Bible speaks of Anna the prophetess in Luke and Phillips 4 daughters in Acts.
This link list 9 of the women prophets in the Bible....
I referenced women because it says specifically "prophetess or prophesied "
Prophetesses in the Bible
I'm not denying their were prophetesses or prophets then. I am asking about today. Who? What have they said that is new revelation?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So as a Prophet, have they left any message by which we can test the spirit?

1 John 4:1 (NASB) Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
Yes..and I do not need to be educated about men or women of God who are prophets. I know how to test the spirit...and I always seek confirmation through prayer and God always sends another in my path who confirms it with the exact same message.
However, as I have grown spiritually and can hear Him myself it has been a long time since anyone has prophesied to me.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not denying their were prophetesses or prophets then. I am asking about today. Who? What have they said that is new revelation?
Didn't you say John was the last prophet?

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes..and I do not need to be educated about men or women of God who are prophets. I know how to test the spirit...and I always seek confirmation through prayer and God always sends another in my path who confirms it with the exact same message.
However, as I have grown spiritually and can hear Him myself it has been a long time since anyone has prophesied to me.
I am waiting on a certain person who you have in mind that you think is a Prophet or Prophetess.