Sports

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Josho

I watched some of last week's match between the lions and the tigers...
I wasn't impressed by Brisbane. They don't look like a premiership team

Yeah that was a terrible game, this week they played a poor first half against the Suns, but did a marvelous job in the 2nd half turning the margin around by 78 points to win by 49 points.

Depth is the Lions problem, they get a few key players injured, but don't have the same level of skill from the reserves to back it up, and the team pretty much collapsed against the Saints and Tiges. If they had won both games they would be 2nd on the ladder right now, but are now risking finishing outside the top 4, they cannot afford to slip up another game, and are relying on Port to lose one to make the top 4.

Teams like Geelong though have plenty of depth and players get unlucky to miss out on first team.

Reactions: Cristo Rei

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How's some of that diving from Spain in the first half?

Mate... I'd love to give my opinion on this diving from Spain but I can't seem to find highlights of the match... It must be under tight licensing

Reactions: Josho

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yeah that was a terrible game, this week they played a poor first half against the Suns, but did a marvelous job in the 2nd half turning the margin around by 78 points to win by 49 points.

Depth is the Lions problem, they get a few key players injured, but don't have the same level of skill from the reserves to back it up, and the team pretty much collapsed against the Saints and Tiges. If they had won both games they would be 2nd on the ladder right now, but are now risking finishing outside the top 4, they cannot afford to slip up another game, and are relying on Port to lose one to make the top 4.

Teams like Geelong though have plenty of depth and players get unlucky to miss out on first team.

Give me a team and a player.
Premiers and brownlow.
Early call.

I'm picking the dogs and Bontampelli

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't think I watched the game live, but I have seen the final moments on youtube, Australia very unlucky.

Ye it was a penalty but in my book... That was Australias best ever showing at a world cup

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ye it was a penalty but in my book... That was Australias best ever showing at a world cup

We had quite a world class line up, that was probably the best team Australia ever had, lots of our players were playing the top leagues around the world.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And the Olyroos are out...

The first half is where it went wrong, playing for a draw doesn't usually work.... The 2nd half was much better, a lot more attack.

And we needed another Arzani lolz, I hope he gets a chance at one of the top leagues, he is a really talented player, great footwork and lots of speed.

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Olympics 2021
Swimming (my favorite game/event).
---
Several Olympics & World record.
- Australia, United States, South Africa, China, Hungry...
---
More swimming event..

Last edited:

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Cristo Rei

Your Hawks are beating Brizzy by 53 points at 3 Qtr time, the Lions are playing shockers, if they continue playing this way, they will be lucky to even get through the first week of finals.

Reactions: Cristo Rei

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Horray Portugal...
One bronze medal in the Olympics...

Appft... We're only good with ball at the feet :D

But my other "we" is doing well in the medal tally coming in 5th place... THE AUSSIE OI OI OI...:D

Not bad considering our small population of 25Mil;)

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Cristo Rei

Your Hawks are beating Brizzy by 53 points at 3 Qtr time, the Lions are playing shockers, if they continue playing this way, they will be lucky to even get through the first week of finals.

Lolz and then the Lions went on to kick 8 goals in the 4th quarter only to lose by 12 points..... You have to ask, where was that performance for the first 3 quarters.....

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@APAK

Good effort by the NZ U23s to make the quarter finals, just lost to Japan by penalty shootout.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Lolz and then the Lions went on to kick 8 goals in the 4th quarter only to lose by 12 points..... You have to ask, where was that performance for the first 3 quarters.....

CANS-Bird-Of-Prey-1941591.jpg

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I wonder if Kennett is wishing that he kept Clarko now for 2022