Sports

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Didn't know that under a Commonwealth law NZ is part of OZ. So how does Canada fit into this equation?

Is or was, i can't remember which one
Canada doesn't fit into the equation, they are earlier than us.

Last edited:

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And @APAK

Under the Commonwealth, New Zealand is actually a state of Australia, u know...
And after visiting the south island about 10 years back i proposed that Australia claim NZ, i mean unite with NZ in the ANZAC spirit...;)
Think about it... It would be fantastic... One nation... Under the southern cross... United... Together... Deal?
Yeah, nah.

Reactions: Cristo Rei

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Latest medal tally... Great Britain jumps up a few places... Cheaters combines a bunch of countries to compete as GB

bandicam 2021-08-03 19-42-19-174.jpg

Reactions: Josho

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And @APAK

Under the Commonwealth, New Zealand is actually a state of Australia, u know...
And after visiting the south island about 10 years back i proposed that Australia claim NZ, i mean unite with NZ in the ANZAC spirit...;)
Think about it... It would be fantastic... One nation... Under the southern cross... United... Together... Deal?
I can picture it now. A combined kiwi/ Aussie rugby team doin the haka to the tune of waltzing Matilda. Yeah, that'll work. Not.

Reactions: Cristo Rei and APAK

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can picture it now. A combined kiwi/ Aussie rugby team doin the haka to the tune of waltzing Matilda. Yeah, that'll work. Not.
So funny....
And they the uniforms - shirts and pants....a shirt with a wallaby chewing fern on the jersey?:eek:

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rapinoe In Tears After Loss in Likely Her Final Olympics (VIDEO)
By Jim Hoft
Published August 2, 2021 at 1:36pm

294C2A8C-4CB9-42C8-BF76-5C33C8310E14.jpeg

America-hating anthem kneeler Megan Rapinoe was in tears today following the US women’s shocking loss to Canada in Olympic soccer.
It was the first time in 20 years that Canada defeated the American team.

Following the loss Rapinoe spoke with reporters in what is likely her final Olympic year.
Rapinoe did much to damage the team with her constant attacks on President Trump and her country.

Like true Marxists the women’s team even kneeled against their country at the Olympics.

"It's Tough" - America-Hating Soccer Player Megan Rapinoe In Tears After Loss in Likely Her Final Olympics (VIDEO)

Two-time soccer world champion Megan Rapinoe choked up during a post-match interview following the U.S. women’s team loss in their semifinal match on Monday.

The 1-0 loss to Canada, thanks to a goal from Jessie Fleming in the 75th minute, ends any chance for Olympic gold for the team.

“It certainly wasn’t one of our better performances, that’s for sure,” a visibly upset Rapinoe told the press following the match.

When asked about teammate Carli Lloyd, who was seen crouching on the field, holding her head in her hands when the match ended, Rapinoe described the forward as “one of the greatest players that’s ever pulled this jersey on.”

Reactions: Cristo Rei

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
World Record Holder Olympic Athlete Gives Glory To Jesus

by Anthony T6 hours ago6 hours ago
1.3kviews
Screenshot_20210803-131745_YouTube2.jpg

For the most part “woke athletes” have gotten most of the attention during the 2020 Olympics but not everyone has used their platform as an Olympian to promote liberal ideology.

Olympic word record holder Sydney McLaughlin who broke the 400-meter hurdles record last month in the Olympic trials decided to praise God after her big win rather than promote “woke” politics.

In one of her Instagram posts, the 21-year-old old was also quoted saying “in a world full of inconsistency, it’s such a breath of fresh air to find true stability in Jesus”.

While most of team USA have used their platform to promote Marxism and corporations it’s truly a breath of fresh air to see a young woman on fire for the Lord and giving Him the praise He deserves.

"Especially in a world full of inconsistency, it's such a breath of fresh air to find true stability in Jesus." https://t.co/Vw5sU5dMMR via @CBNNews

— CBN News (@CBNNews) July 31, 2021

Reactions: Brakelite and Josho

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Latest medal tally... Great Britain jumps up a few places... Cheaters combines a bunch of countries to compete as GB

View attachment 16435
It’s always been Great Britain in the olympics, which is the whole country and Northern Ireland. How can it be cheating if they have always done it that way. Southern Ireland is an independent nation. I have never really thought about why it’s not the separate , like it is with football and other sports. Rita

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It’s always been Great Britain in the olympics, which is the whole country and Northern Ireland. How can it be cheating if they have always done it that way. Southern Ireland is an independent nation. I have never really thought about why it’s not the separate , like it is with football and other sports. Rita

I call it cheating... LoL...:p
If Great Britain is a country then what is England?

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Watch: Olympian Goes Viral After Praising God, USA Following Gold Medal Win
Infowars.com

A US olympic gold medalist is going viral on social media after she attributed her success to God and praised the United States.

Interviewed following her first place win at the women’s 68-kilogram freestyle wrestling competition in Tokyo Wednesday, US wrestler Tamyra Mensah-Stock gave all the credit to prayer and faith.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1422630542185480196

“Of course I surprised myself! It’s by the grace of God that I’m able to even move my feet,” Mensah-Stock exclaimed.

“I just leave it in his hands, and I pray that all the practice, the hell that my freaking coaches put me through, pays off, and every single time it does and I get better and better, and it’s so weird that there is no cap to the limit that I can do and I’m excited to see what I have next.”

Questioned as to the symbolism of the US flag draped around her, Mensah-Stock said she loves being able to represent the country at the 2020 Olympics in Japan.

“It feels amazing! I love representing the US! I freaking love living there! I love it and I’m so happy that I get to represent U-S-A!” she asserted.

Contrast the olympian’s love of God and country with the anti-American stunts of other olympic athletes, and its easy to see why Mensah-Stock is becoming an internet sensation.

Watch Tamyra Mensah-Stock win gold:

https://twitter.com/FanDuel/status/...^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https://www.infowars.com/

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

You know what I found strange, in the Women's soccer, they played as Great Britain in the Olympics, where as in all other international games, they play as separate teams.

Also putting aside Soccer, they play as separate teams in the Commonwealth games.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Lol- take it up with who ever makes the rules…. Most of the countries are way bigger than our little island and you are still above us in the tables !!
As I said it’s been that way since the beginning……

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Lol- take it up with who ever makes the rules…. Most of the countries are way bigger than our little island and you are still above us in the tables !!

I know I'm just stirring u up Rita...:D

But on a different note, is there a difference between Great Britain and United Kingdom or are they the same thing?

And also what is the national anthem for England and/or GB/UK?
Is it God save the Queen?
Or is there another one?

Reactions: Pathfinder7

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Don't tell Rita

IMG_20210804_184153.jpg

Most countries are less populated than Great Britain. And some countries are less populated than London alone.....

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Josho @APAK @Backlit

Bledisloe cup 1st match this weekend...

It's time to teach little brother a lesson...

bledisloe2015.jpg

My prediction...
A win in the first match before the All Blacks bounce back to win the 2nd match...
Then it will be the Wallabies to take the trophy at home in the 3rd round...;)

Reactions: Josho