Sports

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I wonder if Kennett is wishing that he kept Clarko now for 2022

Na, Jeff is a big believer of the cycle of change. Every era must come to an end...
Clarko has been there for about 20 years and is arguably the best coach ever in VFL/AFL...

I wonder where he will go next... Clubs should be bashing his door down... His got a good attacking style thats good to watch and can adapt to and against different plans and tactics very well. First he invented the "Clarko cluster" running off half back in waves, then when teams finally figured that out he pulled out another game plan, short kicking and marking, keeping the ball, he used different defensive presses and he gets the most out of his middle grade players... Ye i can't speak highly of him enough, his a legend

He will be a good acquisition for any club

Reactions: Josho

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Na, Jeff is a big believer of the cycle of change. Every era must come to an end...
Clarko has been there for about 20 years and is arguably the best coach ever in VFL/AFL...

I wonder where he will go next... Clubs should be bashing his door down... His got a good attacking style thats good to watch and can adapt to and against different plans and tactics very well. First he invented the "Clarko cluster" running off half back in waves, then when teams finally figured that out he pulled out another game plan, short kicking and marking, keeping the ball, he used different defensive presses and he gets the most out of his middle grade players... Ye i can't speak highly of him enough, his a legend

He will be a good acquisition for any club

It should be interesting to see Sam Mitchell coach, I wonder if he would coach from the sideline like Chris Fagan lolz..

It's probably better that way, then he can give the players a spray as they run past lolz.

Reactions: Cristo Rei

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It should be interesting to see Sam Mitchell coach, I wonder if he would coach from the sideline like Chris Fagan lolz..

It's probably better that way, then he can give the players a spray as they run past lolz.

Ye well in soccer and other sports they all do it from the side lines... In fact, i think Clarko may have been the first to do it in AFL, he got sick of using that phone and wanted to convey his word directly from the side line...

Mitchell has been an assistant coach for a while now at west coast i think...
We'll see if he can win a premiership as coach with the hawks.
His already got 4 plus a brownlow medal and several club best. He was a gun. Best kick on both sides you'll ever see. 50% right 50% left and both spot on

Last edited:

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Olympic medal tally...
@Josho Aussies are punching above our weight division as usual... LoL...
@Backlit @APAK New Zealand are punching above their weight division as well... Mixing it with the big nations...

View attachment 16421
If NZ was a state of Australia, together they'd be third on the table. Just sayin. Don't you go and be getting any rash ideas.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Olympic medal tally...
@Backlit @APAK New Zealand are punching above their weight division as well... Mixing it with the big nations...

View attachment 16421
True though that Australia has been doing really really well. It good for my wife and I... We're in a position to cheer for two nations... Except when they come up against one another.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Olympic medal tally...

View attachment 16421
This is one of the best NZ has done in decades...have not kept up with it though....well what are you going to do in a detention COVID camp anyway....;)...practice and stay fit if you are allowed

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have not even bothered to watch the Olympics and this explains why.

'Olympic failure': Ingraham sounds off on 'woke-ism' polluting formerly unifying event

'Olympic failure': Ingraham sounds off on 'woke-ism' polluting formerly unifying event

USA's Gwen Berry says she's 'earned the right to wear this uniform'

US athletes are more concerned with scoring 'woke points' than actual ones: Tammy Bruce

US athletes are more concerned with scoring 'woke points' than actual ones: Tammy Bruce

Reactions: Cristo Rei and APAK

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have not even bothered to watch the Olympics and this explains why.

all good info....and there's more

Reactions: mailmandan

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
all good info....and there's more
Yes there is. This just blows my mind below!

Berry turned away from the flag when the national anthem was played during the medal ceremony at the U.S. Olympic trials, and it caused an uproar from Americans all over the country. Despite, the negative attention, Berry feels like she belongs. o_O

Berry hopes to be standing on the medals stand a few nights from now while "The Star-Spangled Banner" plays, and if that happens, the Olympic hammer thrower says that she will continue to do what she’s been doing. o_O

There is a right way and a wrong way to protest. This is a wrong way!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Berry turned away from the flag when the national anthem was played during the medal ceremony at the U.S. Olympic trials, and it caused an uproar from Americans all over the country. Despite, the negative attention, Berry feels like she belongs. o_O

Berry hopes to be standing on the medals stand a few nights from now while "The Star-Spangled Banner" plays, and if that happens, the Olympic hammer thrower says that she will continue to do what she’s been doing. o_O

And what about the American gymnast near the first days of the Olympics who did not perform her routine correctly who had the opportunity to redo it, and chose to pull out, and thus sink the rest of her team mates to qualify for this team event. THEY WERE THE FAVORITES. Then this same US gymnast pulled out of two other events a few days ago.....she felt she was entitled to do this.

And then there was the favorite US men's runner who was so confident in his abilities, at the the last moment, around the last turn noticed runners were passing him. He tried to catch up and he did in the 3rd spot then deliberately let up and came in fourth. He failed to be one of the first three to automatically qualify during this heat event to the next. It was astonishing to watch. Never seen anything like it. What type of 'food' are they giving these kids at school? He was like in a fog state or just full of himself....disgusting

Last edited:

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Olympics 2021
Tennis
Zverev (Germany) won the gold medal.
- Men's Single
---
U.S. Open (Grand Slam)..in August.
- Tennis is my favorite sport.

Reactions: Cristo Rei

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And what about the American gymnast near the first days of the Olympics who did not perform her routine correctly who had the opportunity to redo it, and chose to pull out, and thus sink the rest of her team mates to qualify for this team event. THEY WERE THE FAVORITES. Then this same US gymnast pulled out of two other events a few days ago.....she felt she was entitled to do this.

And then there was the favorite US men's runner who was so confident in his abilities, at the the last moment, around the last turn noticed runners were passing him. He tried to catch up and he did in the 3rd spot then deliberately let up and came in fourth. He failed to be one of the first three to automatically qualify during this heat event to the next. It was astonishing to watch. Never seen anything like it. What type of 'food' are they giving these kids at school? He was like in a fog state or just full of himself....disgusting

Its a reflection upon this generation...

Reactions: APAK

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

I have no idea who Berry is but they sound like a spoilt little brat... Its this generation...
The ones who will destroy what Christian civilization created

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If NZ was a state of Australia, together they'd be third on the table. Just sayin. Don't you go and be getting any rash ideas.

And @APAK

Under the Commonwealth, New Zealand is actually a state of Australia, u know...
And after visiting the south island about 10 years back i proposed that Australia claim NZ, i mean unite with NZ in the ANZAC spirit...;)
Think about it... It would be fantastic... One nation... Under the southern cross... United... Together... Deal?

Last edited:

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And @APAK

Under the Commonwealth, New Zealand is actually a state of Australia, u know...
And after visiting the south island about 10 years back i proposed that Australia claim NZ, i mean unite with NZ in the ANZAC spirit...;)
Think about it... It would be fantastic... One nation... Under the southern cross... United... Together... Deal?
Didn't know that under a Commonwealth law NZ is part of OZ. So how does Canada fit into this equation?