Sports

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lies Lies Lies

You know Satan is involved when there are so many lies coming from everywhere... :(
Who are you speaking about, or is this a general impression of the current world in some respect?

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
WHAAAAT...

FOR THE THIRD TIME...
NO ONE IS STOPPING YOU FROM DOING SUCH... GEEZ... IN FACT I HAVE ENCOURAGED IT... SO DONT TRY AND TWIST MY WORDS... I FIND THAT YO BE PATHETIC OF YOU

U didn't even answer my questions

HOW WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO ACT?
CHANGE MY BELIEFS?
PLAY ALONG?

That's exactly what Satan wants me to do...

And who ate you to tell me how to feel and act anyway?
A year ago u were just as sceptical and out spoken about it than me... Now that uv been vaxed u expect us all to shut up and get vaxed...

There is a plank in your eye Rita. Stop being a hypocrite. I will speak from my heart weather u like it or not my dear
For goodness sake Cristo…….I meant the comment in a friendly way about just having a normal conversation and chat with you personally about football….and quit shouting at me ( using capitals )
When have I ever said I was ‘ perfect ‘ …..for your information I am currently deciding whether I leave my job, on principle, because they are making the vaccinations mandatory for care homes……..if they offer us new contracts agreeing I can be fired for not signing and I don’t think I can sign it. I will make my own stand and place myself without an income ,lose a pension and a whole lot of other things….I believe in the freedom of choice.
When have I ever stated that I think all of you should be vaxed……….I have never had that opinion. I just get fed up with all the discussions about vaccinations…
I gave my opinion, and that all it was ……you don’t have to agree with it.
Rita

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Good on him! It was a draw too. :p
He ended up driving us all mad, England couldn’t do anything right in his eyes. I thought the second half was quite good, I think I might buy him a Scottish flag to wave xx

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That's cool..you have other stuff that's more important and you work and I don't...more time to play. BHA is a decent team...Before we emigrated to NZ when I was about 8, I used to walk to the Notts County football club grounds I could heard them from my home. a short walk from our coronation style counsel house. Born in Leicester and is one of my favourite teams today///xxx
I live just up the road from BHA Amex stadium …. If they have full capacity you can sometimes here the cheers if a goal is scored. I have been up to London some football matches when I was much younger, but never up north. They do have the better teams up that way. I don’t know about you but football use to be different back in ‘ the days of our youth ‘ …you played for your local team and it was all about community , not about the big money………
Rita

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
For goodness sake Cristo…….I meant the comment in a friendly way about just having a normal conversation and chat with you personally about football….and quit shouting at me ( using capitals )
When have I ever said I was ‘ perfect ‘ …..for your information I am currently deciding whether I leave my job, on principle, because they are making the vaccinations mandatory for care homes……..if they offer us new contracts agreeing I can be fired for not signing and I don’t think I can sign it. I will make my own stand and place myself without an income ,lose a pension and a whole lot of other things….I believe in the freedom of choice.
When have I ever stated that I think all of you should be vaxed……….I have never had that opinion. I just get fed up with all the discussions about vaccinations…
I gave my opinion, and that all it was ……you don’t have to agree with it.
Rita

I wasn't shouting, using caps i was just getting my point across, i never stopped anyone from talking football.
If i wanted to do that i could of just pulled the thread. So thats a false claim, ok... I repeatedly invited the discussion to continue.

When i shout i increase font size and go bold like i did in my original rant
That rant wasn't directed at you or anyone

How about, just talk about football on this thread, like we said in the first place? Deal?
I might join in eventually, who knows. Im always peeking at the scores anyway. Im a sucker for football

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Cristo
I didn’t say you were stopping anyone else from talking about football, read my post……you misunderstood what I was saying and capitals have always meant shouting on all the forums I have ever been on, if that’s changed then I was not aware of it ……if you use capitals with a different intent then I will bear that in mind in the future x

Deal x
Rita

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi Cristo
I didn’t say you were stopping anyone else from talking about football, read my post……you misunderstood what I was saying and capitals have always meant shouting on all the forums I have ever been on, if that’s changed then I was not aware of it ……if you use capitals with a different intent then I will bear that in mind in the future x

Deal x
Rita

Sorry

Also, im going to leave you alone, again, and im asking you to do the same

Cheers

Last edited:

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
He ended up driving us all mad, England couldn’t do anything right in his eyes. I thought the second half was quite good, I think I might buy him a Scottish flag to wave xx

I think it was pretty unlucky no one scored a goal in that game.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I live just up the road from BHA Amex stadium …. If they have full capacity you can sometimes here the cheers if a goal is scored. I have been up to London some football matches when I was much younger, but never up north. They do have the better teams up that way. I don’t know about you but football use to be different back in ‘ the days of our youth ‘ …you played for your local team and it was all about community , not about the big money………
Rita
Yes, the sport of football and even rugby used to be about community real involvement ..it went together with the corner pubs, darts and beer...and the local newspaper and the local news from the Telly.

Now as not just in sports it is big business. Your local lads today don't always get a go and play on the teams. The imports get to play..
You have got me going here a bit Rita...from the local mum and dad merchants and businesses, to the the big box stores and now to the very impersonal online pick your clothing the colour and style and hope it all fits and then its made overseas by slave labor......
Yes, I do miss the old days that way where communities were real communities with local governance and not with foreign so-called stakeholder of selfish out-of-town business interests....communities have all gone to the dogs....
Nice speaking with you again Rita..

APAK
PS I believe BHA is owned by an American conglomerate..?

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Josho @APAK

Oh my goal... Coca-Cola looses 4 billion dollars in 4 seconds because of this...

Hahaha, he moves the coke bottles out of the way and raises the other bottle saying "AGUA"... Water:D

I hope we still qualify for the knock out rounds despite loosing to Germany... We always loose to them
You can still qualify from 3rd position so maybe a draw against France will be enough. They surprisingly drew against Hungary...
Germany have all group games at home... A huge advantage for them despite the stadium being less than half full. Same with the poms

Me and my Italian mate often refer to the mythical football Gods
But look, look, look...
We have the sign of Christ on our Football federation logo.
portugal_national_football.png

And the five blue shields represent the five wounds of Christ as well. In the shape of the cross.
Most Holy international football logo... LoL...:D
Small warrior nation... Warriors of Christ

But tonight its group A Last round of group matches...
Italy have already qualified with 2x wins. Both 3-nil.
They're always dangerous and have looked like the best team after the first 2 rounds.
The Azzuri are favourites in my book

Last edited:

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Josho @APAK

Oh my goal... Coca-Cola looses 4 billion dollars in 4 seconds because of this...

Hahaha, he moves the coke bottles out of the way and raises the other bottle saying "AGUA"... Water:D

I hope we still qualify for the knock out rounds despite loosing to Germany... We always loose to them
You can still qualify from 3rd position so maybe a draw against France will be enough. They surprisingly drew against Hungary...
Germany have all group games at home... A huge advantage for them despite the stadium being less than half full. Same with the poms

But look, look, look...

And the five blue shields represent the five wounds of Christ as well. In the shape of the cross.

They're always dangerous and have looked like the best team after the first 2 rounds.

Oh wow, thanks for sharing about the shields, that was quite interesting.

Reactions: Cristo Rei

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Oh wow, thanks for sharing about the shields, that was quite interesting.

You know what else is interesting. The great football schism that divided rugby and soccer...

Here is some trivia that Im expecting @APAK to know...
Who was the first ever player to pick up the ball with his hands, diving rugby and soccer???
And no google cheating... lol

Last edited:

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I will leave this thread to you lads, Cristo has made it quite clear by only tagging you two in a post about ‘ football ‘ that he doesn’t want interaction with me. He stated that he asked me to leave him alone, that was not the case, he asked me to just discuss football ….I needed to clarify something, then I agreed.
I didn’t ask him to leave me alone…………

@APAK …..it was nice talking to you about the past and English football, and yes BHA are linked to American Express , they wouldn’t have got a new stadium without them and at the time they did not have there own ground. ( it had been sold to developers ) Portugal and Germany….what a result , sadly I was home too late to watch……
Rita

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You know what else is interesting. The great football schism that divided rugby and soccer...

Who was the first ever player to pick up the ball with his hands, diving rugby and soccer???

Dunno...

Interesting you mention rugby though, because they have a different shaped ball.

I would have understood if you said Gaelic football though, that would make more sense.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Well the game of modern rugby actually began in a semi-formal fashion with few rules, in the Midlands of England, at Warwickshire around 1750. It was not until this form of rugby became boring for a student and the future Rev. William Ellis where he changed the complexion of the game forever. He deliberately broke the rules and instigated to new form of rugby we have today. Whilst playing a game of rugby under the old rules as a school boy, after catching the ball in midair and then either moving backwards for a punt upfield or calling his catch and placing it in the turf for a kick, he deliberately held onto the ball and ran with it forwards. It tool a few decades for his 'move' to be incorporated in the new game of rugby....that's all folks as Daffy Duck would say....or as Paul Harvey would say over here in the States, that's the rest of the story..

Reactions: Josho

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Josho @APAK

But look, look, look...

How some folks worship their idols in sports...

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well the game of modern rugby actually began in a semi-formal fashion with few rules, in the Midlands of England, at Warwickshire around 1750. It was not until this form of rugby became boring for a student and the future Rev. William Ellis where he changed the complexion of the game forever. He deliberately broke the rules and instigated to new form of rugby we have today. Whilst playing a game of rugby under the old rules as a school boy, after catching the ball in midair and then either moving backwards for a punt upfield or calling his catch and placing it in the turf for a kick, he deliberately held onto the ball and ran with it forwards. It tool a few decades for his 'move' to be incorporated in the new game of rugby....that's all folks as Daffy Duck would say....or as Paul Harvey would say over here in the States, that's the rest of the story..

Nice... Thats exactly what i was hoping you were going to do... Give me a more accurate description of what happened...
There is a trophy named after him, true? Is it the rugby world cup? The Webb Ellis trophy?
I didn't realize it happened so early in 1750... I was told that Ellis picked the ball up off the ground... Either way the main point is grabbed it and ran it.

But it wasn't until about a hundred years later till the rules were set in stone for both rugby and soccer. Different universities had different rules. In between then you had a mix up scramble of both soccer and rugby with very few rules... It would of been hectic, guys getting booted in the head, heaps of injuries and fights off course
I heard that the rich guys didn't want to get their hands dirty so they preferred to kick the ball. Hahaha... Too posh

Last edited:
Reactions: APAK and Josho

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Dunno...

Interesting you mention rugby though, because they have a different shaped ball.

I would have understood if you said Gaelic football though, that would make more sense.

Na, read APAKs description above and my response... Rugby and soccer come from the same tree and were split in two
Gaelic football would of come later, like AFL did...

Last edited:
Reactions: Josho

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nice... Thats exactly what i was hoping you were going to do... Give me a more accurate description of what happened...
There is a trophy named after him, true? Is it the rugby world cup? The Webb Ellis trophy?
I didn't realize it happened so early in 1750... I was told that Ellis picked the ball up off the ground... Either way the main point is grabbed it and ran it.

But it wasn't until about a hundred years later till the rules were set in stone for both rugby and soccer. Different universities had different rules. In between then you had a mix up scramble of both soccer and rugby with very few rules... It would of been hectic, guys getting booted in the head, heaps of injuries and fights off course
I heard that the rich guys didn't want to get their hands dirty so they preferred to kick the ball. Hahaha... Too posh
William Ellis was in the 1800s when he made his sport changing move...sorry I gave you that wrong impression...No, the rugby was more docile around 1750 for at least 50-70 years. I think he was a school boy around 1806 ..and you know I cannot google it. because you told me not to.....

Reactions: Cristo Rei