Sports

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Cristo, although I am delighted that you are now actively taking an interest in the Euros I must admit to be wondering what was the point of our disagreement if you have compromised your original stand anyway, wasn’t that what you were mad with me for even suggesting !
Sorry, but I cannot just not say anything anymore, as soon as you said you had looked at the scores you had gone against ‘ having nothing to do with it ‘ ………….but I didn’t want to create a bigger problem between us, now you post a list of all the play offs and who you think will win ……slightly more interest than just peeking the scores!!!!! Lol
I am actually sorry that we argued xx
Rita

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Cristo Rei good win by Melbourne City in the A-League, Nat Atkinson had really good foot control and scored a very nice goal, and Tilio was a gun on his feet, that kid can really run.

And in the Euros the great Danes and Italy have made it through the quarter finals, I hope Denmark can take it all the way.

Reactions: Cristo Rei

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Cristo, although I am delighted that you are now actively taking an interest in the Euros I must admit to be wondering what was the point of our disagreement if you have compromised your original stand anyway, wasn’t that what you were mad with me for even suggesting !
Sorry, but I cannot just not say anything anymore, as soon as you said you had looked at the scores you had gone against ‘ having nothing to do with it ‘ ………….but I didn’t want to create a bigger problem between us, now you post a list of all the play offs and who you think will win ……slightly more interest than just peeking the scores!!!!! Lol
I am actually sorry that we argued xx
Rita

But this is not the first time this has happened Rita, is it...
Both times you were the only person that created something out of it. No body else took acception to it
And this time i wasn't even talking to you, i was just having a rant at the start of a football match...
Talking to the TV i was... Your getting angry at me for getting angry at the TV...

My mum had this problem too, she'd yell at me for getting angry at the TV... I makes me sad, wondering what i did to receive her indignation and it leaves an ill feeling in the air for a while... So one day i just asked her to ask herself if thats fair... I love my mum and thats the last thing i want is to argue, especially over the TV... When she gets angry at the TV it makes me laugh, i told her... How stupid are we yelling at the TV, they can't hear us. LoL. Im glad that she appeared to have given it some thought and stopped doing that to me a while ago b4 i came here. Thank God

You seem to be easily offended at the things i say Rita. Thats why i suggest we just stay out of each others way...
That way you won't get offended and i won't have to deal with your indignation every time you get mad at something i say...
You know what im saying...

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Cristo Rei good win by Melbourne City in the A-League, Nat Atkinson had really good foot control and scored a very nice goal, and Tilio was a gun on his feet, that kid can really run.

And in the Euros the great Danes and Italy have made it through the quarter finals, I hope Denmark can take it all the way.

You can't support every team in the comp...:rolleyes:
I'm putting you in the French camp seeing the Brissy Lions club song is based off their national anthem

Reactions: Josho

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Many apologies , sorry you view me in that way.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Cristo Rei now that Portugal is out, who do you want to win?

Ah this is football... Football is this... As Mancini says
We had more possession and more chances but couldn't hit the back of the ol onion bag that match unfortunately...

Holland a surprise exit as wella... Loosing to Czech republic who now play Denmark. And Belgium face Italia...

Now i just hope for some beautiful futebol...
It would be good to see a new comer to the winners list again like Ukraine or Sweden but its damn hard to break into the winners circle when your a small nation... Believe me, i know from the experience of following the Portuguese my whole life... The benefit of the doubt often goes to the bigger team on tight foul calls and such

The Italians have looked the hottest so far on the extended match highlights that ive been watching... And iv always loved their coach, Roberto Mancini... He looks like someone out of an Italian soap opera or shampoo commercial... LoL

Last edited:
Reactions: Josho

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Best game to date... the Swiss beat France in penalty kicks....next best game was Croatia versus Spain

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
WoooooW what a fantastic football match
Full stadium... France vs Switzerland... It had everything... Skill, class, tenacity, drama

Swiss missed a vital penalty to go 2-0 up
Then France 3 quick goals to make it 3-1 with only 15 minutes to go... Pogbas goal may be the best of the tournament, from 25 yards curling into the top corner...

Then a goal in the 80th for tye Swiss and an equalizer in the 90th... Geez

Then the penalty shootout... Sooo much pressure... They all scored but Mbappe misses that last penalty kick to loose the match...

This is football...
Football is this...

Reactions: APAK

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Me any my mates had an indoor soccer team when we were younger and we had a system for the penalties...

One player was assigned to take em. But... If he missed then someone else would take the job until he missed and so on... It was a good system...
You could hold onto the job for many matches as long as you didnt miss and there was at least one penalty given every match...:)

It's harder in indoor I reckon. OK your much closer to the goal but it's much smaller. Placing it is hard I preferred to just smash it with power...:D

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Best game to date... the Swiss beat France in penalty kicks....next best game was Croatia versus Spain

U weren't wrong @APAK ... Croatia vs Spain was just as good as the other match...

I watch extended highlights of most games before looking at the score... Makes it more exciting...:D
Those two matches have been the best from a neutral stand point... Some awesome goals, classy football and high drama...

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Full stadium... France vs Switzerland... It had everything... Skill, class, tenacity, drama

Then France 3 quick goals to make it 3-1 with only 15 minutes to go... Pogbas goal may be the best of the tournament, from 25 yards curling into the top corner...

Then the penalty shootout... Sooo much pressure... They all scored but Mbappe misses that last penalty kick to loose the match...

This is football...
Football is this...
You've found your calling..great concise commentary

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

This is football...
Football is this...

Oh no..... Not France..

Sounds like it was a very exciting match though.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh no..... Not France..

Sounds like it was a very exciting match though.
It was a killer game to watch with all the emotions, ups and downs.

France is an 'emotional' team anyway, always have been. And shown again when Hugo Lloris saved a penalty shot that would have made it 2-0 in favor of the Swiss. This suddenly awoke the French and temporary amazed the Swiss. It lit a fire up their rears and they acted as world leaders until the flame died after Drogba hit a fantastically guided ball from distance in the upper corner of the net. Nothing really could reignite them again. The Swiss meant business with their endurance and determination throughout, and it paid off.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
England 2 Germany 0

Both sides were flat and predictable in the first half. England came alive in the 2nd half with goals from Sterling and Kane.

Reactions: Rita

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I was working until 6pm, kept checking the match in our lounges at work. Managed to get home for the second half, yep they came alive. My brother in Germany is sooooooo pleased , well all of us are !!! Lol
I am pleased Kane scored, it will give him the boost he needed x
Rita

Reactions: APAK

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was working until 6pm, kept checking the match in our lounges at work. Managed to get home for the second half, yep they came alive. My brother in Germany is sooooooo pleased , well all of us are !!! Lol
I am pleased Kane scored, it will give him the boost he needed x
Rita
Yes, Harry needed this boost indeed

Reactions: Rita

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Watching Sweden v Ukraine …….hmmm, it doesn’t seem as if they really want to go for it. Extra time now, there just doesn’t seem much atmosphere to the game but maybe it’s because there are not that many fans there. Rita

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Oooo red card, that was a bad tackle ! This could change the match. ……….well having watched the rest of that half, maybe not !!

11 substitutions so far, mainly in the last end of this game. I always thought there was a limit on how many you can sub per match.

Good goal at the end x
Well Ukraine v England on Saturday ………
Rita

Last edited:

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oooo red card, that was a bad tackle ! This could change the match. ……….well having watched the rest of that half, maybe not !!

11 substitutions so far, mainly in the last end of this game. I always thought there was a limit on how many you can sub per match.

Good goal at the end x
Well Ukraine v England on Saturday ………
Rita
I'm expecting England to win this upcoming Saturday's game if the Ukraine attempts to play it as they did today, at a low tempo.