Sports

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Italy / Spain match is going to be interesting …. Not sure what time it is on tomorrow and I am on a late shift, will try and watch it. Xx

It will be on in the evening over there.

Spain have a very short time to rest and prepare.
Italy have two days more rest.
Plus Spain's last two matches have gone to ET so they might get exhausted quicker
I think Italy will win

Last edited:

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What a stressful match to watch…….but a brilliant match at the same time. I cannot believe we are in the final but just so pleased. We were counting down those last five mins of extra time….

Rita

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What a stressful match to watch…….but a brilliant match at the same time. I cannot believe we are in the final but just so pleased. We were counting down those last five mins of extra time….

Rita

Oh noooooo Denmark are out . ..

My tip is for

Ciro Immobile to win it for Italy in the final.

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Did you watch the match Josho ?
Denmark were really good ……..it was a great match to watch xx
Rita

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Rita

That was high drama at Wembley...
Tough way for Denmark to loose, saving the penalty but this is football...

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That was high drama at Wembley...
Tough way for Denmark to loose, saving the penalty but this is football...
Yes, and many are saying it wasn’t a penalty…….however the amount of times it has been England in Denmark shoes …..so I am going to take it in our favour this time round. We were just all nervous wrecks and felt it would end in penalties. So many of our important matches have been like that, I hate the penalty shoot outs !!!!!!!
In the big scheme of things a football match is not really important, but right now it’s given this country a different focus and has lifted us up……for me and my family it’s been great to get together ,have a laugh, scream at the tv, hug and celebrate……..

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, and many are saying it wasn’t a penalty…….however the amount of times it has been England in Denmark shoes …..so I am going to take it in our favour this time round. We were just all nervous wrecks and felt it would end in penalties. So many of our important matches have been like that, I hate the penalty shoot outs !!!!!!!
In the big scheme of things a football match is not really important, but right now it’s given this country a different focus and has lifted us up……for me and my family it’s been great to get together ,have a laugh, scream at the tv, hug and celebrate……..

I think it was a penalty, no question. Your heart must have stopped for a second when that penalty was saved... LoL. Lucky it fell back to him.

I liked how the coach seemed to allow Kane to drop into other areas this match, instead of waiting up in the middle.
He provided a through pass that resulted in a goal and made some other cute passes that created chances.
I think Sterling has been superb for England all tournament. Making passing, drawing fouls, scoring goals.

Shoot-outs are very entertaining when your a neautral spectator. But if it's your team then it's tense sporting drama at it's maximum. All that focus on one kick.

Talk about one kick, that Danish kid scored an unbelievable free kick. There werent many free kick goals this tournament.

I'm kind of stuck now cos after Portugal got bailed out I said Italia would win the tournament... But after this game with all the poms behind them at Wembley, man, their goanna be hard to beat.

And also I would rather see the home crowd win. Nicer to watch than a crowd that is quite and stunned...

So I'm changing ship now, if there is any room on board... I love the pomy football fans and cricket fans. They know how to have a good time. I've had drinks with them many times.

The Barny army visits Australia every few years for the ashes cricket series... Their always welcomed.

Ah that's good to hear and see. It looks like it's been good for all of Europe. It's what sport is about. It's like a festival. It's part of our culture. It bring us together.
We need more festivals and parties in life I reckon. I'm due for one. Family, friends, food, drink, laughter, dance, all of that.

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Cristo,
Yet the danish goal was brilliant…..our hearts kind of sunk at that point as we thought it was going to be one of those matches where we just fall apart..the penalty miss didn’t really have time to deflate us because Kane acted so quickly.
I love the fans as well……all the singing is great. We were singing along with ‘ footballs coming home ‘ ( that’s England’s anthem now ) and ‘ Sweet Caroline ‘. I loved it at the end as all the players and managers ect stood in front of the fans and sang it with them.
Sunday is going to be amazing. You know , even if me lose , we have achieved something. It would be unbelievable if we won. I will have all my children with we on Sunday, one of my sons has not been able to watch the matches with us.
Are you actually going home for a get together Cristo ? Xx
Rita

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi Cristo,
Yet the danish goal was brilliant…..our hearts kind of sunk at that point as we thought it was going to be one of those matches where we just fall apart..the penalty miss didn’t really have time to deflate us because Kane acted so quickly.
I love the fans as well……all the singing is great. We were singing along with ‘ footballs coming home ‘ ( that’s England’s anthem now ) and ‘ Sweet Caroline ‘. I loved it at the end as all the players and managers ect stood in front of the fans and sang it with them.
Sunday is going to be amazing. You know , even if me lose , we have achieved something. It would be unbelievable if we won. I will have all my children with we on Sunday, one of my sons has not been able to watch the matches with us.
Are you actually going home for a get together Cristo ? Xx
Rita

Na, i won't be able to enter Victoria or the mainland without get tested and quarantined now. Maybe xmas
I've only been here for 4 months anyway. I speak to my parents once or twice a week face to face on the fone, so its ok.
Im actually starting a job next week so im a bit excited about that now

I was actually chatting to mum before and she said that England hadn't reached the semi's of the Euro in 25 years...
Then i began to question whether or not England had ever won the Euros... Looking at it now, they haven't...
Italy has only won it once despite winning the world cup 5 times

1966 world cup is actually the only major tournament England has won...
And considering the sport was invented in England, football should be returning home...

I want England to win but in the meanwhile i have my mate Paulie, Italiano.
Im actually telling him a small lie, pretending that i want Italy to win. Cos we've always supported each others teams and sympathized with each other, u know, a football shoulder to lean on and cry on. If i say to him "i hope England win" then he will feel like iv betrayed him.
I don't want to do that to him...
Does that make sense? Is the lie acceptable? For the greater friendship? I think so. A small football lie here is fine

But i will tell him... The poms are gonna be hard to beat in Wembley and he knows that.
No doubt he is just as nervous... I know those nerves very well

Ha ok then... Check this... I hope ya all sweat and it goes to a never ending penalty shootout... Hahahaha...:p

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Nooooo, not a penalty shoot put for the final. I think we would all be in need of my sons anxiety meds ! Lol
I think protecting your friendship is important xx
Yes,that’s right this is the first international final since 1966, and equally why it was so important to beat the Germans as well. I think the English team have done us proud.
That’s great about the job Cristo, hope that all works out for you ok xxx
Will you be able to watch the final live ? Rita

Reactions: Cristo Rei

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Did you watch the match Josho ?
Denmark were really good ……..it was a great match to watch xx
Rita

Unlucky with the own goal, Denmark would have won if it wasn't for the own goal, congrats England.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Unlucky with the own goal, Denmark would have won if it wasn't for the own goal, congrats England.

Ye but have a look Josh, the striker was right behind him and was goanna score. It was such a terrific pass it made it impossible to clear for the defender.

I felt bad for the keeper. Saved the penalty only for it to fall back into his path

Reactions: Josho

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Will you be able to watch the final live ? Rita

Unfortunately not. It will be 5am Monday morning. I will be starting work at 7am.
The best I can do is watch an extended highlights reel during my break or after work. Preferably before learning about who won...

I think there are 23 players in the squad...
What happens if it goes to a shoot out and it's still a draw after all 23 players have taken their kick... Hehehe... I'm so cruel sometimes...

Last edited:
Reactions: Rita

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And in Copa America, Brasil take on Argentina in the final...
Let's see if Messi can finaly win an international trophy with his nation. He has a habit of under performing and choking for Argentina

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ye but have a look Josh, the striker was right behind him and was goanna score. It was such a terrific pass it made it impossible to clear for the defender.

I felt bad for the keeper. Saved the penalty only for it to fall back into his path

This guy might have been able to save it. :p

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Oh well, at least your friend will be cheering today Cristo xxxx
Did I tell you ‘ I HATE PENALTY SHOOTOUTS ‘ !!!!!!! Lol
Actually I am proud of the English team , Italy were the stronger side at times and penalty shoot outs are all about luck………….I don’t think it’s a good way to decide a final.
It’s been fun, now instead of elation everyone here feels deflated…….but that’s the nature of football.
Rita

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Congratulations Italia. UEFA Champions of Europe 2020

euro-cup-final.jpg

They went down early in the match and came back.
Then they went down early in the shootout and came back.

@Rita My condolences to the English. Tough way to loose. I don't call it luck.
The penalty taker is expected to score. If he misses the goal then he screwed up.
If the keeper saves it then u can't take credit away from him, top save by the keeper.

It is a tough way to loose any match, especially the finale
Ive tried to think of other ways to decide a final b4. This is what i came up with...

1/ Make it a golden goal... First goal in extra time wins the match.
2/ Play with 9 men or even 8... More space means more chance of scoring.
3/ Allow more substitutes... It will test the depth of the squad.
4/ Keep playing till someone scores. Maybe reducing the players on field every 15 minutes or so.
5/ The goalie can't use his hands.
6/ Mulitball. 2 or more balls on the pitch at the same time... LoL
Any other ideas? Surley a combination of my suggestions would be better than a shootout

Last edited:

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Lol , the goalie not uses his hands is a great idea xxxx
I think what is sad is all the abuse those who missed the penalties are getting on social media, and elsewhere- absolutely disgraceful and not deserved.
Southgate is considering his future as England Manager, that also makes me sad as he has been great for the English team ……

Here’s to the World Cup xxxxxxx
Rita

Reactions: Cristo Rei