• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Each of us is responsible for our own discernment of the Bible and what others teach. Because each of us has an anointing to discern what is truth and what is not:

20You, however, have an anointing from the Holy One, and all of you know the truth.c
26I have written these things to you about those who are trying to deceive you.
27 ...the anointing you received from Him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you.
1 John 2:20-27

This is a clear Biblical truth that Catholics reject. You blindly relegate all matters of discernment to what has become a corrupt and Spirit-less leadership. You're free to post in this forum but I'm just going to tell you that you're not going to score any points among us Protestants. There's a large chasm between us and you and for a very good reason. We reject your scripted, Spirit-less, works justification religion.

Great post!

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It's the community of Spirit-sealed, Spirit-filled believers scattered to the four corners of the world dwelling in all of our various man-made institutions.

Well that certainly includes faithful Catholics. But the Church is not a man made institution, but a community established by Christ!

That community has existed and grown since the day of Pentecost to fill the whole world, in fulfillment of the scriptures.

For from the rising of the sun, even to its setting, my name is great among the nations; And everywhere they bring sacrifice to my name, and a pure offering; For great is my name among the nations, says the LORD of hosts.

Pax et Bonum

Reactions: ScottA

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But the Church is not a man made institution, but a community established by Christ!
That is right. The point being, the Catholic institution is not it. I'm not sure there is any church in existence today that could be accurately identified as the church of God as it could be in the very beginning before the gentiles took it over.

Reactions: Jim B

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't discount that altogether. I think there may be some genuinely born again people in the Catholic church. But overall, no, it's just another religion of the world.

Dismissing your brothers and sisters of the last 2000 years is hardly the way to claim union with them..

For all who worithly partake of the Feast are one with Christ!

Therefore anyone who claims to be united with Christ is necessarily united with those at the Feast!

The Holy Spirit is not one of division, but rather:

Love is patient, love is kind. It is not jealous, (love) is not pompous, it is not inflated,

it is not rude, it does not seek its own interests, it is not quick-tempered, it does not brood over injury,

it does not rejoice over wrongdoing but rejoices with the truth.

It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Pax et Bonum

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That is right. The point being, the Catholic institution is not it. I'm not sure there is any church in existence today that could be accurately identified as the church of God as it could be in the very beginning before the gentiles took it over.

The apostolic communities remain all over the world..

The Church in Rome, the Church in Alexandria..

The Church in Crete has been an apostolic community since it was planted by Paul who made Titus its first bishop..

That which is believed by all, everywhere the Church was planted is clearly the teaching of the apostles..

There are no other contenders..

Pax et Bonum

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Chiming in on the current state of the church:

Many have carried the water leading to the fulfillment of all things in Christ. Even (and perhaps especially) Israel and those Priests and Elders who called for the crucifixion of Christ.

God's M.O. is to pick even the least of men, and in the case of Israel, a people who were not a people. The apostles were fishermen, Paul though accomplished, was told "My strength is made perfect in weakness." And 6 out of the 7 churches mentioned in Revelation Jesus "had somewhat against." Certainly the Catholics qualify...among others.

Nonetheless, His word does not return void.

So...I wouldn't even say that heretics are even the problem. I would say it is a lack of faith and steadfastness toward God and His working all things together for good for those who love Him according to His purpose.

As for the current state of the church, it has been foretold that false preachers would come into the church and lead her astray. That many if not most would believe a lie and fall into strong delusion. So, are we there yet? I would venture to say that if that question were asked of Israel prior to the first coming of Christ, they would not only poopoo the idea, they would be offended. Both of which seem to fit our own current status.

I recommend giving serious thought to that time before His first coming...and what the problem was, and what was actually true. It should be that biblical history that now directs us.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As for the current state of the church, it has been foretold that false preachers would come into the church and lead her astray.

Hello Scott,

Nowhere does scripture foretell that the Church would be led astray,

Just the opposite, Jesus fotetells that the gates of hell will not overcome her..

Scripture does foretell those who would arise in the Church and draw others away after them..

John warns of them here:

They went out from us, but they were not really of our number; if they had been, they would have remained with us. Their desertion shows that none of them was of our number.

Pax et Bonum

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Flee Christ? Not for anything..

Pax et Bonum
The problem with the CC , IS IT HAS LONG AGO FLED CHRIST . thus out of great concern and much love
for the peoples i warn all to flee her chambers and the chambers of all her protestant daughters and all else
who have preached another gospel , another jesus and contrary to Christ and the apostels .
Hurry my friend . i desire only good for you .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Scott,

Nowhere does scripture foretell that the Church would be led astray,

Just the opposite, Jesus fotetells that the gates of hell will not overcome her..

Scripture does foretell those who would arise in the Church and draw others away after them..

John warns of them here:

They went out from us, but they were not really of our number; if they had been, they would have remained with us. Their desertion shows that none of them was of our number.

Pax et Bonum
2 Peter 2:1
But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction.

2 Thessalonians 2:1-12
Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.
5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? 6 And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

2 Timothy 4:3
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers;

And then there is the seven churches, of which Christ has somewhat against six.

Last edited:

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The problem with the CC , IS IT HAS LONG AGO FLED CHRIST

Oh my dear amigo,

You couldnt be more wrong..

But if Rome is your stumbling block, then come to the feast with Alexandria! Come with Constantinople!

But Come!

The Spirit and the bride say, "Come." Let the hearer say, "Come." Let the one who thirsts come forward, and the one who wants it receive the gift of life-giving water.

Pax et Bonum

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Peter 2:1
But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction.

2 Thessalonians 2:1-12
Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.
5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? 6 And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

And then there is the seven churches, of which Christ has somewhat against six.​
actually against five . TWO were doing good and right . Go look at the persecuted church
the second church made mention of ,
You will see it did not have to be corrected , but it and philidelpha were both reminded , KEEP ON and HOLD fast to the end .
Let no man take thy crown . Just stay faithful to the end . ALL FAITH IN CHRIST .
Learning and growing and being hearers and doers of ALL things HE did and later the apostels would teach . LEFT TO US IN
THA BIBLE . If any man , women , child or even a speaking donkey or an angel and twist what JESUS taught
or the apostels , HEED not IT nor THEM . NOT EVEN AN ANGEL . JUST CLING TO CHRIST and test all things men do say peroid against
that biblical truth .

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh my dear amigo,

You couldnt be more wrong..

But if Rome is your stumbling block, then come to the feast with Alexandria! Come with Constantinople!

But Come!

The Spirit and the bride say, "Come." Let the hearer say, "Come." Let the one who thirsts come forward, and the one who wants it receive the gift of life-giving water.

Pax et Bonum
Rome is an abomination , as is the vatican . But just like many protestants who came out of her
so too many catholics might , YET BOTH KEEP some dangerous teachings . WE GOTTA PUT ALL FALSEHOODS DOWN .
If you like you can fly me over to your church and i will happily get rid of the things and the doctrines
which contradict Christ , God and all that is holy . WE gotta put them IDOLS DOWN
and let no man make man into an idol . Even peter refused to have folks kneel before Him .
As did paul and others . THEY were just simple lowly men who took actual CARE of the churches .
YES They were super stanch against false doctrine , and they corrected big time too . even cast folks right out of said churches .
But they never taught some of the abominations i see getting taught , and it aint just in the CC
its all over the protestant realm . TIS TIME WE OPEN BIBLES and MAKE OUR CALLING and ELECTION SURE .
MAKE SURE ITS THE BIBLICAL CHRIST the BIBLCIAL APOSTELS that folks are truly in agreement with .
Cause i see way too many things that both peter , paul , john , james , jude and CHRIST JESUS HIMSELF
would be over turning tables over . ITS TIME TO CLEAN HOUSE and ensure tis CHRIST WE FOLLOW and not wayward men .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem with many churches is they gave the devil an inch and once you let error in , ERROR begets only more error
TILL satan became the RULER . GIVE the devil an inch and he will become the entire ruler peroid .
Dont even give him a millimeter . KEEP those churches planted in the orignal biblical pattern
and compromise not ONE WORD OF IT .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The apostolic communities remain all over the world..

The Church in Rome, the Church in Alexandria..

The Church in Crete has been an apostolic community since it was planted by Paul who made Titus its first bishop..

That which is believed by all, everywhere the Church was planted is clearly the teaching of the apostles..

There are no other contenders..

Pax et Bonum
Cant claim to know the church in alexandria , BUT I KNOW THE ONE IN ROME IS FALSE BIG TIME .
If you cannot see that , it means error has already clouded your eyes as well .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
24564_8bce006c9807fe5c4a6a71897f86041a.png