• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol....if pointing out that what you have written is not what Scripture says is doing anything to be right......then YES, I will do anything to be right kiddo.
I understand why it's important to you that you erroneously understand being sinned against as being a matter of doctrinal dispute between two people rather than an unloving and hurtful act committed by someone against another.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Am I not understanding your 'sum total of all believers' theory? When you say 'sum total of all believers' that TO ME sounds like you put it to a vote of all the members of your congregation and the majority rules. Am I wrong about THAT? Is that where I am 'fashioning your argument incorrectly'?
When a matter is brought before the church that means it is brought up when the sum total of the members of Christ's body (a.k.a. the church) are gathered together. The matter between the two parties is brought to the attention of the congregation under the leadership and authority of the elders in that congregation and the matter is handled by the elders as required. You're making this so difficult because you are sure Protestants don't recognize the authority of the offices of pastors and teachers and elders and so you frame what I say to make it appear that to be the case. Which it is not, so you look ridiculous trying to twist and discredit what I'm saying.

Last edited:

heartwashed

Jul 18, 2022
LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I apologize heartwashed. I didn't know you had taken the beam out of your eye when you appeared to me you were judging me on what you thought was a pride filled post of mine. You are a righteous person.

Yes, we can judge. SHOULD we judge? I guess it depends on the situation. :rolleyes:

Did you have the right or should you have interjected yourself into a conversation between myself and someone else to suggest that I was being judgmental and that my perceived judgment would be 'three times as evident on my own face'? No, you shouldn't have interjected yourself with your opinion. I do not think it was the right thing to do. But at least you are righteous some of the time!

I suppose that in making a judgment, that you, in judging someone else as having great pride, had three fingers pointing back at you (Matthew 7:1-5, Luke 6:41-42), I should expect that I will be judged in return by that person whom I am judging. It is par for the course.

Nevertheless, I don't believe that your judgment is accurate concerning me. What I did was the right thing to do because the motivation was love for you...a desire that you might not any more be captivated by the pride in you that you so clearly see is evident in others.

Because I find that it is much easier to call someone out on their sin when they have first identified their own sin in someone else.

Since the epitaph, "Any time you point the finger at someone else, you have three fingers pointing back at you" is clearly true according to scripture (Matthew 7:1-5, Luke 6:41-42).

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Stop equating yourself with woman in the Bible, you are far removed from them in conduct.

You should probably stop standing in the place of the accusor of a daughter of God,
Anointed priest, prophet, and king, she is worthy of far more honor and respect.

Pax et Bonum

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You should probably stop standing in the place of the accusor

Why?

Jesus stood there.

“Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets. Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers. Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?” (Matthew 23:31-33)

Or are you okay with those walking not uprightly according to the truth?

Paul also was an accuser:

“But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?” (Galatians 2:14)

Weird how a Christian chat board has members who do not seem to care about biblical doctrine, but only politeness flattery.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

I told you, but you do not believe me.

Jesus stood there

Paul also was an accuser:

Jesus and Paul were speaking to Jews who rejected Christ, you are speaking to a child of God and member of the body of Christ.

You are not competent to sit as her judge.

but only politeness flattery.

Treating others especially the children of God with the respect due them is not 'politeness flattery' it is right and just

Pax et Bonum

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are not competent to sit as her judge.

“…set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church. I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren?” (1 Corinthians 6:4-5)

@Philip James doesn’t think so Paul.

He rather let someone continue in error than correct them.

“…thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him.” (Leviticus 19:17)

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you are speaking to a child of God and member of the body of Christ

Yeah, my foot isn’t functioning correctly, I’m trying to get it back into functioning properly.

I’m a member of the body of Christ as well you know…

“…the members should have the same care one for another.” (1 Corinthians 12:25)

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All the more reason to treat your sisters with respect. You should know better.

Boy, the scriptures are just gloss over material to you, huh?

Who cares about defending the truth, defending the person contrary to them! Now That’s more important!

“And they shall turn away their ears from the truth” (2 Timothy 4:4)

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Philip James

Perhaps you missed all the taunting language from @Marymog , here’s a sample:

2nd chance: Are you Michiah-Imla, a confident man of Scripture, going to take the opportunity to teach a woman?

keep your opinions to yourself kiddo.

3rd chance Michiah: Are you Michiah-Imla, a confident man of Scripture, going to take the opportunity to teach a woman?

Strike three....Your out! You failed.

So I stood my ground and she ran away.

If you want to throw down the gauntlet you better be ready for the battle.

Otherwise one should humble themselves when being admonished by the brethren.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand why it's important to you that you erroneously understand being sinned against as being a matter of doctrinal dispute between two people rather than an unloving and hurtful act committed by someone against another.
I don’t understand why you erroneously believe that SIN is not a doctrinal issue.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Marymog

Christ nor any of the Apostles appointed any women for public preaching.

None!

You take one occasion in scripture that isn’t doctrinal to go beyond your doctrinal role as a Christian woman.

Your high handed behavior here is abominable.

Stop equating yourself with woman in the Bible, you are far removed from them in conduct.
But they did TEACH of which i have done for you and to you.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Marymog

Christ nor any of the Apostles appointed any women for public preaching.

None!

You take one occasion in scripture that isn’t doctrinal to go beyond your doctrinal role as a Christian woman.

Your high handed behavior here is abominable.

I am not equal to those great women.

I am simply repeating Scripture and the teachings of The Church. Therefor I am not teaching another man! It is simply repeating!

Lol…I do love your high handed behavior opinion though :D

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When a matter is brought before the church that means it is brought up when the sum total of the members of Christ's body (a.k.a. the church) are gathered together. The matter between the two parties is brought to the attention of the congregation under the leadership and authority of the elders in that congregation and the matter is handled by the elders as required. You're making this so difficult because you are sure Protestants don't recognize the authority of the offices of pastors and teachers and elders and so you frame what I say to make it appear that to be the case. Which it is not, so you look ridiculous trying to twist and discredit what I'm saying.
Soooo the sum total of the congregation (100%) has to be present to decide on the matter? Or just a majority (51%)?

Help me to better understand what your men have taught you!

AND your allegation that I am sure that Protestants don’t recognize the authority of the offices of pastors and teachers is not true. I have never written that! Since you twisted what I said it discredits you.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not equal to those great women.

I am simply repeating Scripture and the teachings of The Church. Therefor I am not teaching another man! It is simply repeating!

Lol…I do love your high handed behavior opinion though :D

Where have you been?

I thought I scared you off.

LOL!!

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suppose that in making a judgment, that you, in judging someone else as having great pride, had three fingers pointing back at you (Matthew 7:1-5, Luke 6:41-42), I should expect that I will be judged in return by that person whom I am judging. It is par for the course.

Nevertheless, I don't believe that your judgment is accurate concerning me. What I did was the right thing to do because the motivation was love for you...a desire that you might not any more be captivated by the pride in you that you so clearly see is evident in others.

Because I find that it is much easier to call someone out on their sin when they have first identified their own sin in someone else.

Since the epitaph, "Any time you point the finger at someone else, you have three fingers pointing back at you" is clearly true according to scripture (Matthew 7:1-5, Luke 6:41-42).
Hmmmm…..it seems too me that you are telling me that my “judgement” was not accurate OR justified but yours was accurate AND justified because you judged out of love and I didn’t? You didn’t have 3 fingers pointing back at you but I did?

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Soooo the sum total of the congregation (100%) has to be present to decide on the matter? Or just a majority (51%)?
Lol, all you have left is to nit-pick and find fault! The non-Catholic congregation belongs to the elders and pastor of that congregation. It's the part of the church that they are accountable for. They guide, guard, and instruct their congregation and control it's doings. They don't need 100% attendance of the born again believers every meeting to do what God has entrusted them to guide and instruct the body of Christ, the church, into.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
AND your allegation that I am sure that Protestants don’t recognize the authority of the offices of pastors and teachers is not true. I have never written that! Since you twisted what I said it discredits you.
I hear you Catholics say over and over and over again that we non-Catholics are leaderless, because we (supposedly) don't believe in leaders.