Spotting the Heretic

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I received the gift of the Holy Ghost with the evidence of speaking in tongues in 1986 and have fornicated with two women since then. The latter of these two became my wife.

While it is true that fornicators as a general rule will not inherit the kingdom of God, it is possible for those who truly know the Lord to backslide even to the point where they will fornicate and do other things that deserve the wrath of God.

Such believers become prodigal sons or daughters; God is certainly able to restore them.

When you were fornicating did you know you were in rebellion to God, or did you not sense you were doing anything wrong. I ask because I remember a Jewish teacher once telling us that the true meaning of fornication in Hebrew had to do with idol worship, and that in the Old Testament, if two single people had sex, they just went ahead and got married afterwards.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We don't have to be "good enough" to come to Christ, but you seem to think Jesus just saves you from the Law
We became "good enough" in Christ what do you not understand, He made us that way by His works, the work is finished, done complete over, Christ saves no man from the law, because we are not under the law, that again is SDA religion still embedded in yuou, coming out.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We became "good enough" in Christ what do you not understand, He made us that way by His works, the work is finished, done complete over, Christ saves no man from the law, because we are not under the law, that again is SDA religion still embedded in yuou, coming out.

No, SDA doesn't know about the law of the Spirit of life in Christ, and it seems you don't either.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do you know what the opposite of "believe" is? It is disobedience.
YEs and these forums are packed with unbelievers, you know this bit,

Joh 5:38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.

its the reason why people spend there life with there heads stuck in the bible, they dont believe Jesus or the Holy Spirit who where sent.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YEs and these forums are packed with unbelievers, you know this bit,

Joh 5:38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.

its the reason why people spend there life with there heads stuck in the bible, they dont believe Jesus or the Holy Spirit who where sent.

That sounds like it is bad to study the Bible???

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no law of Christ, just love, and Love is not a law it is who God and Jesus are Love.

There is the law of the Spirit of life in Christ. The eternal laws of righteousness are written on our hearts and we are lead by the Holy Spirit, assuming you have the Holy Spirit to lead you. Many only believe in Jesus as Savior, but not as the Christ. Do you know the difference?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That sounds like it is bad to study the Bible???
Look at these forum and you see what that does. too much study not enough Jesus.

2Ti 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2Ti 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
2Ti 3:3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
2Ti 3:4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
2Ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
2Ti 3:6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
2Ti 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is the law of the Spirit of life in Christ. The eternal laws of righteousness are written on our hearts and we are lead by the Holy Spirit, assuming you have the Holy Spirit to lead you. Many only believe in Jesus as Savior, but not as the Christ. Do you know the difference?
Many dont even believe that, s for Christ I have being with Him as He showed me as He was as a shepherd, I know Who my Lord is.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look at these forum and you see what that does. too much study not enough Jesus.

2Ti 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2Ti 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
2Ti 3:3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
2Ti 3:4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
2Ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
2Ti 3:6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
2Ti 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

That is because of the lack of the Holy Spirit. There are whole denominations that are devoid of the Spirit. It is all human reasoning, and they can not discern spiritual things because they are still carnal in nature.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That is because of the lack of the Holy Spirit. There are whole denominations that are devoid of the Spirit. It is all human reasoning, and they can not discern spiritual things because they are still carnal in nature.
No its because they put the bible higher than God and made it there God as Jesus put it, in complete context

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

and they still wont, even today.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many dont even believe that, s for Christ I have being with Him as He showed me as He was as a shepherd, I know Who my Lord is.

You do know Him as Savior, the good Shepherd. But you teach as if you do not know Him as the Christ. What is prophesied that the Christ would do.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No its because they put the bible higher than God and made it there God as Jesus put it, in complete context

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

and they still wont, even today.

That was to the Pharisees. It is not against study. 15 Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You do know Him as Savior, the good Shepherd. But you teach as if you do not know Him as the Christ. What is prophesied that the Christ would do.
Oh I know Him as that to, knelt at His cross, with Him nailed there crown of thorns on His head, Me at His right hand, and He, says to me, "David I did this for you", I know who Jesus is..

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That was to the Pharisees. It is not against study. 15 Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
God approves of us because of what Christ did, or do you think Christ didnt do enough, and His works are not complete,

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I simply responded and taught what OSAS means.
You had a wrong understanding of this set of letters.
i would rather you be angry at me for showing you the truth, then for you to continue to misunderstand the meaning of those letters.

Also, you are not use to me, on this forum.
Im not the typical member, here.
Im a NT teacher who teaches in every post and in every Thread.
Its why im here, so, it can seem to a person who is not use to my methods, that you are being "preached at", when in fact its just cut and dry teaching, as if you are in my class.
Also, and i don't mean you....... if a person is a heretic, then all my Threads and all my posts are going to sting.

No disrespect intended toward you, Jane_Doe22.
I come here every day and there are a ton of posts sent to me and im just going as fast as i can, being as clear as i can, to try to answer so many responses and new posts.
Today, yours is one of many many responses, and i also wrote a Thread.. today.
Busy as usual.

Ok then..

B
Just my humble opinion here....Jesus led by example...He taught His disciples His Truth with gentleness and patience....yes He did scold them for their weak faith...saying have I been with you so long and you still lack faith?...or saying O Ye of little faith....
But then He taught some more...until they could understand it...and when the Holy Spirit came upon them is when they began to preach the Word with signs and wonders following.
But the way some people are preaching and teaching His Word...the only thing following is anger and strife.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you were fornicating did you know you were in rebellion to God, or did you not sense you were doing anything wrong. I ask because I remember a Jewish teacher once telling us that the true meaning of fornication in Hebrew had to do with idol worship, and that in the Old Testament, if two single people had sex, they just went ahead and got married afterwards.
When you backslide you tend to try to put it out of your conscience that you are sinning; but yes, I knew that I was doing wrong.

When I fornicated with the one who is now my wife, I got drunk so that I would be able to go through with it.

I had been told that if you want to keep a woman, you have to "mark her up"...ungodly advice from an ungodly person. But I took the advice; because I didn't seem to have much luck until then in being able to find and keep a wife.