Spotting the Heretic

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll ask you the same think I asked mjrhealth. Some believe in Jesus as their Savior, but there is more to it. We also need to receive Him as the Christ. What is the difference, because we need to receive Jesus Christ. What does the Christ do for those who believe in Jesus?
Yes, I believe and confess that Jesus is the Christ; and that He is my personal Lord and Saviour.

The answer to your question is in Matthew 1:21.

It may not happen overnight or even in a moment of time; but He will take away your sins if you believe in Him.

For some it is a gradual process; for others it is a radical ecstatic moment.

For me it was a radical ecstatic moment but I backsllid a year later. I'm thankful to the Lord that while I didn't believe, He abode faithful because He cannot deny Himself. And He also has restored me and is restoring me to what I became when I first got born again (the second time; you would have to know my testimony to understand).

In the meantime, Jesus promises us that our sins are covered because we believe in Him (Romans 4:6-8).

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This makes me happy...this day I am validated as a minister by one who is behaving as my enemy.
Being a minister does not make one called of God, the world is filled with preaches standing in opposition to God, but men love there titles.

Joh 10:1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
Joh 10:2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
Joh 10:3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
Joh 10:4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
Joh 10:5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.
Joh 10:6 This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which he spake unto them.
Joh 10:7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.
Joh 10:8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.
Joh 10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
Joh 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
Joh 10:11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
Joh 10:12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.
Joh 10:13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.
Joh 10:14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.
Joh 10:15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

and that is why I will stick to Christ and not follow the blind men into a ditch

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being a minister does not make one called of God, the world is filled with preaches standing in opposition to God, but men love there titles.

Joh 10:1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
Joh 10:2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
Joh 10:3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
Joh 10:4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
Joh 10:5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.
Joh 10:6 This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which he spake unto them.
Joh 10:7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.
Joh 10:8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.
Joh 10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
Joh 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
Joh 10:11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
Joh 10:12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.
Joh 10:13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.
Joh 10:14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.
Joh 10:15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

and that is why I will stick to Christ and not follow the blind men into a ditch
Except you don't have the real Jesus; because the real Jesus is God. You continue to deny this and you will die in your sins (John 8:24).

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Except you don't have the real Jesus; because the real Jesus is God. You continue to deny this and you will die in your sins (John 8:24).
No He is not, he is the Word of God, come in the flesh, and His word returned to Him completing His task. Keep going...

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not the answer I was looking for.

Do you know why the Jews laugh at us Christians and the number one reason by looking at us they won't accept Jesus as the Christ? You see, they know the prophecy. And today's Christians love Jesus, but act like the world.

It stays with you longer when you figure it out yourself. I want you to know. Can you think of an old testament prophecy about the Messiah and when he comes what He will do?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hint: What was the purpose of John the Baptist coming first to make the way straight to Jesus?
Well you see you are wrong,

Act 10:44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
Act 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 10:46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,

baptism in water in not a requirement, Christ did it as a shadow of things to come, He even told Peter who than saw it happen.

Act_11:16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.

Thats teh way it is we all have a piece to the Jigsaw. I received His Spirit nearly 15 years before I became a Christian it was He who called me out of catholism. You really shouldnt limit God so much. God does things His way when He is allowed to, and people are willing.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No He is not, he is the Word of God, come in the flesh, and His word returned to Him completing His task. Keep going...
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God. John 1:1.

Surely you are not a JW; and therefore do not believe the regular translations on this issue?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Act 10:44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
Act 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 10:46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,

baptism in water in not a requirement, Christ did it as a shadow of things to come, He even told Peter who than saw it happen.

Act_11:16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.

Thats teh way it is we all have a piece to the Jigsaw. I received His Spirit nearly 15 years before I became a Christian it was He who called me out of catholism. You really shouldnt limit God so much. God does things His way when He is allowed to, and people are willing.
I think she was talking about repentance rather than water baptism.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God. John 1:1.

Surely you are not a JW; and therefore do not believe the regular translations on this issue?
I just believe Jesus, dont you???

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I believe and confess that Jesus is the Christ; and that He is my personal Lord and Saviour.

The answer to your question is in Matthew 1:21.

It may not happen overnight or even in a moment of time; but He will take away your sins if you believe in Him.

For some it is a gradual process; for others it is a radical ecstatic moment.

For me it was a radical ecstatic moment but I backsllid a year later. I'm thankful to the Lord that while I didn't believe, He abode faithful because He cannot deny Himself. And He also has restored me and is restoring me to what I became when I first got born again (the second time; you would have to know my testimony to understand).

In the meantime, Jesus promises us that our sins are covered because we believe in Him (Romans 4:6-8).

Yes, Matthew 1:21 is correct when believed the way it was meant.

If it is a "gradual process" that is self-effort, like those under the law. When it is a radical ecstatic moment, that is when you've actually received the Holy Spirit.

As for your backslidding, when we first are filled with the Holy Spirit it is joy unspeakable. But then to make us grow, the Spirit goes into hiding, and that is called the wilderness experience to see what you are really made of. I'm glad you returned. But not everyone backslides during the wilderness experience. They may not do everything right, but they have integrity to live according to the light they have. Philippians 3:16.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I wasn't talking about water baptism.

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If you are not "here to answer my questions" then kindly find another Thread to harass.
Why be on my Thread if you are not willing to answer my Questions?
I need you to ither learn, or offer something of value, if you are going to live on my Threads.
So far, you dont.
You're just an agitator found on my Threads, who does not contribute towards the goal of helping sinners stop sinning.
Why not post your own Thread, and see how that works out?

Also You want me to prove you are a heretic?

Ok.

Explain this.....Explain how the Blood of Jesus that Saved the Born gain, keeps the born again Saved, forever.

Your goal is to help people stopping sinning. I agree we are to walk like Jesus, to aim at perfection. The how is to abide in Christ and walk in the Spirit.

The first step is to believe this is possible. That seems the biggest stumbling block. Without faith nothing can be done. Then people need to want to change, repent, humble themselves before the cross.

Is this your path or something else?
You have failed to justify calling me a heretic or repenting of this arrogance which suggests you have not found the walk like Jesus. On this basis you have failed as a teacher or example to follow.

God bless you

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@justbyfaith I'll let you think about it. It is a famous prophecy and one we talk about regularly on the forums. Especially in Eschatology forums.

I'm going back to bed. Good night.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it is a "gradual process" that is self-effort,
Not necessarily. It may take time for the Holy Spirit to pinpoint all of a person's sins so that they can confess them all.

He sanctifies us concerning specific sin practices as we confess them.

Philippians 3:12-16.