Spotting the Heretic

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what you believe is what you teach.
you teach that if you do not abide in Christ, you will lose your salvation.
That teaching is heresy.
It is generally taught by the biggest denomination in America (the Calvary Chapel Movement),

That we are eternally secure as long as we abide in Christ.

And this is a biblical statement.

Reactions: 2 Chr. 34:19

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Such a thing restores fellowship, relationship, connectedness.

Only the blood of Jesus gains fellowship, relationship, and peace with God.
YOu teach that your self effort (abiding, confessing, repenting) is what does it.
Thats Christ rejecting heresy.
You are taking Credit for what Jesus did, and teaching that you do it..... in Public you are teaching this lie..
You are taking credit for being the ONE who keeps your relationship to God, by your self effort.
This denies the finished work of Christ on the Cross.
Your theology is cursed. Galatians 1:8
So where does that put you?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I mean, Where does He say all of that?

Yes, I want you to reference it.
Just in case I don't get back , for anyone reading: here is the search terms for biblegateway.com or blueletterbible.com

< not by power, not by might, but by My Spirit Sayeth the Lord >
< flesh and blood has not revealed this to you but My Father in Heaven >
< no man can receive (have, understand or grasp) anything unless the Father Grants It From Heaven >
< every good gift is from above >
< the natural man cannot grasp (understand) anything spiritual >
< the spiritual man appraiseth all things, and is appraised by no one >
< If any man lacks wisdom, let him ask God > (and not be double-minded - a double-minded man should not expect to receive anything from God)
< Praise you Father in HEAVEN, FOR YOU HAVE REVEALED SALVATION to babes/little children/ infants and HIDDEN IT from the educated ones, because thus it is YOUR GOOD PLEASURE SO TO DO >
< the stuff of men is called foolishness by God, because it leads to worshiping the creature instead of the Creator >
(stuff = all the knowledge and wisdom (so-called) of all mankind)

< BLESSED art thou Simon barjona, for "FLESH AND BLOOD" has not <and could not> revealed this to you,
but My Father in Heaven REVEALED IT TO YOU >
< God IS SPIRIT , and is seeking those who worship HIM in SPIRIT and in TRUTH >

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only the blood of Jesus gains fellowship, relationship, and peace with God.
YOu teach that your self effort (abiding, confessing, repenting) is what does it.
Thats Christ rejecting heresy.
You are taking Credit for what Jesus did, and teaching that you do it..... in Public you are teaching this lie..
You are taking credit for being the ONE who keeps your relationship to God, by your self effort.
This denies the finished work of Christ on the Cross.
Your theology is cursed. Galatians 1:8
So where does that put you?
Then the apostle John is also guilty of everything that you hold me guilty of (I am in good company)...

Because he told us that if we confess our sins, the Lord is faithful and just to forgive us of our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9).

As I have said, it seems that the majority of your posts are intended to remove 1 John 1:7-9, as a passage, from holy scripture.

In doing this you are the one who is guilty of heresy; and will be held accountable to Revelation 22:19.

That you accuse others, who hold 1 John 1:7-9, to be the word of God, as being heretics, is merely your way of deflecting the reality that you don't have biblical ground to stand on.

It doesn't work for you very well, you should stop.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just in case I don't get back , for anyone reading: here is the search terms for biblegateway.com or blueletterbible.com

< not by power, not by might, but by My Spirit Sayeth the Lord >
< flesh and blood has not revealed this to you but My Father in Heaven >
< no man can receive (have, understand or grasp) anything unless the Father Grants It From Heaven >
< every good gift is from above >
< the natural man cannot grasp (understand) anything spiritual >
< the spiritual man appraiseth all things, and is appraised by no one >
< If any man lacks wisdom, let him ask God > (and not be double-minded - a double-minded man should not expect to receive anything from God)
< Praise you Father in HEAVEN, FOR YOU HAVE REVEALED SALVATION to babes/little children/ infants and HIDDEN IT from the educated ones, because thus it is YOUR GOOD PLEASURE SO TO DO >
< the stuff of men is called foolishness by God, because it leads to worshiping the creature instead of the Creator >
(stuff = all the knowledge and wisdom (so-called) of all mankind)

< BLESSED art thou Simon barjona, for "FLESH AND BLOOD" has not <and could not> revealed this to you,
but My Father in Heaven REVEALED IT TO YOU >
< God IS SPIRIT , and is seeking those who worship HIM in SPIRIT and in TRUTH >

This part:

But I think you missed the point of what Jesus said/ says/ >
It was not by power nor by might,
it was not by study nor by Scripture,
it was not by reading or some school nor human man nor human means at all,

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is generally taught by the biggest denomination in America (the Calvary Chapel Movement),

And this is a biblical statement.
"Eternal Security" is not in the Bible, and is no "Biblical statement."

"Eternal Security" is a specific doctrine that concedes no conditions. I would use the term "assurance" of salvation, or even "security" in Christ, which would speak of security/assurance with conditions.

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See John 5:24, John 6:47, and John 10:27-30.

As usual, you throw the Bible against the wall and suggest something must stick!

Assurance, and even security of salvation is spoken of, but never "eternal security."

(BTW, all three deny "eternal security" because all three are conditional).

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe that Calvary Chapel even dents the top 15 denominations in the U.S.A.
In numbers, it most assuredly excels.

In that they teach through the Bible, they most certainly excel.

Most Calvary Chapel buildings are larger, and have more capacity, than your average building of any other denomination. Not to mention most Calvary Chapel pastors preach to double or triple (sometimes even quadruple or quintiple) the size of what their building holds since they usually have more than one service any given Sunday.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As usual, you throw the Bible against the wall and suggest something must stick!

Assurance, and even security of salvation is spoken of, but never "eternal security."

(BTW, all three deny "eternal security" because all three are conditional).
If it would stick, then it would convince you of my pov.

But since it is not sticking, it simply means that you are rejecting the testimony of holy scripture.

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In numbers, it most assuredly excels.

In that they teach through the Bible, they most certainly excel.

Most Calvary Chapel buildings are larger, and have more capacity, than your average building of any other denomination. Not to mention most Calvary Chapel pastors preach to double or triple the size of what their building holds since they usually have more than one service any given Sunday.

Having a few big Churches does not mystically rank them in the top 15, nor does their size imply that they teach truth. One Church has 16,569,036 members in 2019. That is the Church of Latter Day Saints, the Mormons. They have several services every Sunday too! Tell me, how many members were in the Calvary Church in 2019?

Tell me, how can one believe the false prophet, and false doctrine of Chuck Smith?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This part:
(see "paraphrase" (or as needed, other references for meaning you do not yourself get by revelation from the Father) )
As in "flesh and blood has not " = what to you ?
"REVEALED/taught In Spirit" = what to you ?
"Unless the Father Grants it from Heaven" = what to you ?
"Not by power, nor by might, but by MY Spirit Sayeth the Lord"
"God's thoughts are not man's thoughts"

Oh, there's a lot of 'tradition', opposed to Jesus, opposed to Truth and Spirit, that tries to explain away everything from God....
so those who accept that tradition, and have no understanding of God's Meaning or of God's Power, don't grasp this.

That's one reason so many false churches survive to this day, through so many centuries - there's few "Bereans" testing messages, doctrines, dogmas, practices, and teachers to see if they are in and with and from God or not, or if they are outside of Christ, opposed to Truth and Life.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The problem with believers aggressively attacking believers using the words equivalent to brainwashing, is it removes the ability of people to share and be respected for their sincere realities. And this is profoundly anti-Christian.

many very weak people who proclaim themselves to be Christians, are self deceived.
You can tell this about them, because they are always more interested in "sweet presentation"< then they are in Gospel Truth. or Growing up into Christ.

So, let me give you some Sweet Presentation from Jesus, so that you can "feel the love",.....followhim.
Ok?
Jesus once went into the Temple in Jerusalem, and using a whip HE made, = "drove" out a room full of sinners, including knocking over tables.
Amazing that Christ , the Loving Jesus, was not a bit interested in if this hurt "their poor little feelings", followhim.
So, Is that sweet enough for you, sweetie?
And Let me give you some sugar from Paul also, so that you can feel all warm and fuzzy.
Paul said, that if i am dealing with a heretic, i am to give you 2-3 chances to come to the truth, and stop kicking against it.
This is in a CHURCH or in a meeting or if im teaching you 1-1.. So, if you wont hear me, i am to kick you out of my Church.
Paul's team for this is "REJECT". Youl'll find this in TITUS... An epistle you've never read.
Do you know this word "reject", followhim?
It means im to get rid of you. To keep you away from my members. Im not to "love you and accept you, and wash you with "Love your neighbor as yourself".
Got that?
Im To put you in the STREET with my Ushers help if you need it, and lock you OUT.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tell me, how can one believe the false prophet, and false doctrine of Chuck Smith?
By not trusting the Heavenly Father, not testing messages like the Bereans famously are known for, not sticking with Scripture,
by seeking the approval of men instead of the approval of God, and so on.....

Reactions: Candidus

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it would stick, then it would convince you of my pov.

But since it is not sticking, it simply means that you are rejecting the testimony of holy scripture.
I always accept all Scripture that says what it says. I reject the use of Scripture where one tosses it out on the table like a used snot rag, and says nothing of what they are trying to prove.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jane_Doe22

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By not trusting the Heavenly Father, not testing messages like the Bereans famously are known for, not sticking with Scripture,
by seeking the approval of men instead of the approval of God, and so on.....
Like... teaching that Jesus would come back over 20 years ago?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Dont put your faith any longer in "big churches", "rich pastors". "commentaries", and "big denominations", as by doing this you've ended up a bible rejecting Legalist who is trying to keep yourself saved.

Only have as your final authority = PAUL for Doctrine and Christ For Salvation.