Spotting the Heretic

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's be nitpicky for a minute, okay?

What do you believe "unenlightened" means, as a baby ? vs "enlightened" ?

Especially in view of God's Word: Jesus PRAISED the Father loudly and openly for REVEALING (enlightening?) SALVATION to infants, and HIDING IT from the educated ones (still to this day, TODAY) .....
Having the knowledge of the gospel as it is referred to in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Having the knowledge of the gospel as it is referred to in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4.
A lot of people including Scribes and Pharisees, and possibly the ones called Judaizers, had knowledge of that Scripture in the original language ,
and still remained unenlightened and unsaved.
Same today.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A lot of people including Scribes and Pharisees, and possibly the ones called Judaizers, had knowledge of that Scripture in the original language ,
and still remained unenlightened and unsaved.
Same today.
However, if you keep the gospel spoken of there in memory, and have not believed in vain, you stand saved by it, according to that passage.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
However, if you keep the gospel spoken of there in memory, and have not believed in vain, you stand saved by it, according to that passage.
Yes, "believed not in vain" being required as you quoted. (not just in memory, of course.... in life - in doing... as those who do what is right (Romans 2) are justified, even if they do not "have it in memory"; while those who do have it in memory , but do not do it - do not do what is right, are unjustified, as written.
The ones who do what God says is right, show by their lives that God Himself has written Torah on their hearts, as written in Scripture, as Inspired, Breathed and Revealed by God Himself.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In that it is required that we keep it in memory, there is the question of Alzheimer's.

I have heard of people who forget the name their firstborn son; but when you speak the name of Jesus, they perk up and know full well what you are talking about.

I think that the memory has to be in the heart and not just the head; if it is only in the head then it may not remain if you are hit by a disease such as Alzheimer's; but if it is in the heart your memory will not be affected: for you have received a Person and not just information in the brain.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In that it is required that we keep it in memory, there is the question of Alzheimer's.

I have heard of people who forget the name their firstborn son; but when you speak the name of Jesus, they perk up and know full well what you are talking about.

I think that the memory has to be in the heart and not just the head; if it is only in the head then it may not remain if you are hit by a disease such as Alzheimer's; but if it is in the heart your memory will not be affected: for you have received a Person and not just information in the brain.
Good for now.
Later we might look into what God shows us, what God has revealed clearly, in His Word , about spirit vs heart or head/ flesh or soul. It is not possible to carry on a really good conversation on a forum about this, but there may be perhaps some good studies/ sermons by faithful proven men of God available for truth and clarity about this and other things.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good for now.
Later we might look into what God shows us, what God has revealed clearly, in His Word , about spirit vs heart or head/ flesh or soul. It is not possible to carry on a really good conversation on a forum about this, but there may be perhaps some good studies/ sermons by faithful proven men of God available for truth and clarity about this and other things.
If you can find a link to the sermons I am definitely interested.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you can find a link to the sermons I am definitely interested.
Remind me in pm some time this week. If I have internet access and so on, "God Willing", there are some that may be useful for you, and simply from Scripture, not promoting any church or agenda - only God's Word as Revealed Clearly.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remind me in pm some time this week. If I have internet access and so on, "God Willing", there are some that may be useful for you, and simply from Scripture, not promoting any church or agenda - only God's Word as Revealed Clearly.
Ok.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
On the contrary, the word of the Lord will never return void (Isaiah 55:10-11) and we are born again through the incorruptible word of God (1 Peter 1:23).
YEs but God is Spirit, its not a book, or have you not read,

Joh_6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

and again

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

and again

Joh 5:38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not. "You dont believe Him"
Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me."so you read the bible trying to find that what is not in it, JEsus in whom is our life, it points your too Him"
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life. And so you never go to Him to find life.

See you contradict Jesus Himself. But 'ministers" need some authority so they presume preaching the bible gives it to them but they have none,.

Oh and did you notice, Jesus who is the Word of God returned to God completing what HE was sent to do.

2 Chr. 34:19

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well, yes- "magnets".... or "targets", i.e. whoever loves the truth is attacked as Jesus said is and would be, as Jesus Himself was and is attacked. All society loving wickedness and evil pursues to the farthest ends of the earth to eliminate and bring down in destruction everyone , even their own, as well as all who have hope in Jesus. Society is as it was in the days of Noah, as written, and is not a good place..... no.
Agreed. people tell believers ‘By their fruits you will know them’ -as if church leaders don’t fake ‘fruits’!
Young believers don’t realise that satan can, and most certainly will use ‘church’ members to attack them. Why would satan even bother people outside? False teaching is all around (esp. within the church) and it can take years to decipher...20+ years for us :(

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
-
There are believers who want to indoctrinate you into their harmful theology. This is their mission in life. They feel they are "led of the Spirit" to actually cause harm regarding the Faith of real born again believers.

The proposition is people are intentional deceivers. Like the author of this thread, to themselves people are speakers of truth and reality. And their mission is to bring this truth to others.

Now in reality the emotional reasons as to the the why this is being done and why the view is held so strongly is the real question.
Until we can love our enemy, and desire the best for them, they appear to be like these words "indoctrinate" rather than share.

A buddhist comes out of their meditation on nothing with a smile. A muslim after doing their formal movement prayer, a fulfilment. A christian after taking communion, a sense of touching God, and being touched. These are all real emotional experiences. The theology might be wrong, miss-leading, contradictatory, destructive, but the reason it anchors them makes sense.

The problem with believers aggressively attacking believers using the words equivalent to brainwashing, is it removes the ability of people to share and be respected for their sincere realities. And this is profoundly anti-Christian.

Jesus put it like this,
20 A bruised reed he will not break, and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out, till he leads justice to victory.
Matt 12:20

It is about empathy, seeing someones whole life and then speaking to it. It is why Jesus spent time with sinners, because it was the whole person Jesus wanted to save not just to prove His group where Holy, damn the world. Of course forums encourage those with a message to speak, but equally it encourages us to put forward the way of Christ. God bless you

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
? also - but not the wrong spirit here I think - it is wrong to say "we" when (or if) including that poster you replied to ...
They do not post as if they know what Scripture says, nor do they know the power of God rightly , apparently from their own words and posts so far as seen.
Yes, IF someone is in Christ Jesus obedient and truthfully, by being born again as God accomplishes this,
then yes, as God Reveals His Word, then yes we know what Scripture says. We hear His Voice, and follow Him.
Those who do not hear His Voice oppose us, oppose Jesus, oppose God, oppose God's Word, always, daily. Not just once or twice, not just once in a while.
There are Christians, born again, that do not hear God's voice?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are Christians, born again, that do not hear God's voice?
That's what the Author of All LIfe, He Who Inspired Scripture, Says in Scripture. At least they call themselves Christian, born again, yet they say openly they do not hear Jesus' Voice, and they do not follow Him (they admit this openly, without grief, sorrow or repentance) . They simply "do" what they are told they must do, or even just hang out around other 'Christians', and think they are okay with God. (they're not, according to Scripture)

Jesus' Sheep DO hear His Voice. Jesus Says This, and This IS TRUE. (Jesus cannot lie)
Jesus' Sheep Follow Jesus wherever He Goes. Jesus Says This IS TRUE. (Jesus cannot lie)
Jesus' Sheep will not follow another voice. Jesus Says This IS TRUE. (Jesus cannot lie)

"Do all things without murmurings and disputings:
That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke,

in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation,

among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life."

Philippians 2:14-16a | KJV

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
That's what the Author of All LIfe, He Who Inspired Scripture, Says in Scripture. At least they call themselves Christian, born again, yet they say openly they do not hear Jesus' Voice, and they do not follow Him (they admit this openly, without grief, sorrow or repentance) . They simply "do" what they are told they must do, or even just hang out around other 'Christians', and think they are okay with God. (they're not, according to Scripture)

Jesus' Sheep DO hear His Voice. Jesus Says This, and This IS TRUE. (Jesus cannot lie)
Jesus' Sheep Follow Jesus wherever He Goes. Jesus Says This IS TRUE. (Jesus cannot lie)
Jesus' Sheep will not follow another voice. Jesus Says This IS TRUE. (Jesus cannot lie)

"Do all things without murmurings and disputings:
That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke,

in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation,

among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life."

Philippians 2:14-16a | KJV
How does one not follow Jesus but be Christian?
I'd say that lots of persons think they're Christian but are not.
Maybe this is what you're talking about but in a "Poetic" way.
If so, then I agree.

Which brings up an interesting point...
If this is what you've been taught,
one one is doing their best....
are they saved?
Maybe they don't know any better?
I think that amongst these persons,,,surely some must be saved.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
QUOTE="GodsGrace, post: 782142, member: 7593"]How does one not follow Jesus but be Christian?
If so, then I agree.

are they saved?
I think that amongst these persons,,,surely some must be saved.[/QUOTE
==================================
Who knows the mind of God ? God does. And those to whom God reveals this. (as written in His Word)
Who knows what is in a man? The man does, and of course God does (even better than the man does)
Who knows if a man is saved or not ? God does.
A lot of people are called Christian, in name only. They are also told they are fine and dandy, they are told they are okay with God, not to worry. Instead of follow Jesus, they are told "follow us" by men deceiving them.
So yes, there are billions of persons think they're Christian but are not. And others think they are Christian too - the world is all deceived. Nothing poetic though - it is gruesome in practice, and in final judgment.

Ekklesia , born again ones, set apart by God for Himself, are called His Poem (His Daily Poem) ... our lives are to be evidence of His Doing, His Life, not our own - Doing as He Says, always, not otherwise.

"Maybe they don't know any better ? "
See what God's Word Says about this. I might look later , God Willing, if there's time to.

"surely some must be saved." ?
See again, always, what God's Word Says - not what men say ....

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed. people tell believers ‘By their fruits you will know them’ -as if church leaders don’t fake ‘fruits’!
Young believers don’t realise that satan can, and most certainly will use ‘church’ members to attack them. Why would satan even bother people outside? False teaching is all around (esp. within the church) and it can take years to decipher...20+ years for us
Cool ! PRAISE GOD and JESUS (as ONE) , Praise Him Together with all the ones "deciphered" ! (finally set free in truth and receiving glorious eternal life with Him and in Him ! )

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How does one not follow Jesus but be Christian?
If so, then I agree.

are they saved?
I think that amongst these persons,,,surely some must be saved.
If they believe, it is enough for God, just means they wont be at His wedding, He called and they would not come.

Reactions: GodsGrace

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why does it matter if you believe that you can lose your salvation?
We'll for a lot of reasons...
First, to believe this means you are "fallen from Grace".
This means you have left the right understanding of The Cross.
That kinda matters to God. Hear me?
See, when you do this, you end up in bondage to self effort that has replaced God's Grace.
This causes you to live a Christian life that is not FREE. It also causes you to not be able to stop sinning and repenting.
Another issue, and more critical, is, once you are owned by the Devil's theology of "saving myself= by works, and by not doing what i believe will cause me to lose it".... the devil will inspire this person to fight God's Grace on a Forum and in life. This is harmful to sincere and weak Christians who might become infected with the heresy, but worst of all, a baby Christian can fall prey to these dark lights and lose faith in Christ.

Appropriately in the "Spotting Heresy" thread!

I see it! I see it!o_O

Faith in your heresy is not faith in Christ!

Reactions: Joseph77