Spotting the Heretic

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
It appears in a short synopsis, you believe those who sin and repent, sin and repent do not know Jesus.

This that you have understood about my Teaching, is exactly wrong.
I will never say that if you are repenting and confessing, its because you are not saved.
I would never say that if you are confessing and repenting, its because you are not born again.
What i have taught in 30 Threads, followhim, including today's, is that IF you are sinning and repenting, its because you do not believe right, regarding how GOD sees you as His, or Why.
Once you learn how to believe RIGHT, you will be able to find Victory over your flesh, and live a perfected discipleship.

See this THEAD ....

Seeing with God's Eyes = Right Believing.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"OSAS" isn't a doctrine, and its not a philosophy.
Its not something to "believe in".
So, whatever it is you are thinking about it, based on what you've said, isn't the correct understanding of 'OSAS".

So, what is OSAS?
Its Jesus.
Jesus is OSAS.
Eternal Life is OSAS.
Why is this?

Well, look at the Letters......OSAS.

Now break it down into its meaning....... Once you are saved ONCE, you are kept saved by what saved you.
Once you are saved, ONCE, you are always saved by the same that saved you.

Once Jesus saved you with His blood, ONCE, you are always saved by the Same Jesus who saved you.

Once you are saved by the blood of Jesus, ONCE, you are kept saved by the same blood of Jesus.

How many times are you saved. = ONCE.

Te be saved once and kept saved by the Blood of Jesus (OSAS) is to be born again having become "the righteousness of God, in Christ".
@Behold , people are on this forum for a variety of reasons. Fellowship, discussion of different views, to preach at people, etc. I'm really big into respectfully discussing different views, you appear to be really into preaching at people. Which is fine, but it means there's not much for us to interact on, so I wish you a nice day.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
@Behold , people are on this forum for a variety of reasons. Fellowship, discussion of different views, to preach at people, etc. I'm really big into respectfully discussing different views, you appear to be really into preaching at people. Which is fine, but it means there's not much for us to interact on, so I wish you a nice day.

You stated something that isn't related to the actual understanding of OSAS.
I explained the true definition of it to you.
If you feel insulted to learn something, then, its best that you avoid all real teachers, and just stick with your opinions.
Np.
Or, as you would have it....just listen to people who agree with you and pretend this must be the truth.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You stated something that isn't related to the actual understanding of OSAS.
I explained the true definition of it to you.
If you feel insulted to learn something, then, its best that you avoil all real teachers, and just stick with your opinions.
Np.
Or, as you would have it....just listen to people who agree with you and pretend this must be the truth.
I tired to have a respectful discussion with you, sharing different views.
You then just preached at me and strawman-ed all other other views.
That's not the type of respectful conversation I'm interest in.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I tired to have a respectful discussion with you, sharing different views.
You then just preached at me and strawman-ed all other other views.
That's not the type of respectful conversation I'm interest in.

I simply responded and taught what OSAS means.
You had a wrong understanding of this set of letters.
i would rather you be angry at me for showing you the truth, then for you to continue to misunderstand the meaning of those letters.

Also, you are not use to me, on this forum.
Im not the typical member, here.
Im a NT teacher who teaches in every post and in every Thread.
Its why im here, so, it can seem to a person who is not use to my methods, that you are being "preached at", when in fact its just cut and dry teaching, as if you are in my class.
Also, and i don't mean you....... if a person is a heretic, then all my Threads and all my posts are going to sting.

No disrespect intended toward you, Jane_Doe22.
I come here every day and there are a ton of posts sent to me and im just going as fast as i can, being as clear as i can, to try to answer so many responses and new posts.
Today, yours is one of many many responses, and i also wrote a Thread.. today.
Busy as usual.

Ok then..

B

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fear no just look up at Him with great Awe. one cannot love that what one fears. There is no fear in faith. Fear is not love and God is love.
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction.
The fear of the Lord is hatred of evil.
fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.
Let all the earth fear the Lord

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction.
The fear of the Lord is hatred of evil.
fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.
Let all the earth fear the Lord

But we are not to live in Fear.
We are to live in Faith that God is Good all the time, and that God is Love, eternally.

"Fear", as found as a word in the NT< is often misrepresented as .."you need to be under your bed sweating in a panic attack".
or,.. "God is going to get you, so you better be good".
So, THAT, is not how to understand God, or this word fear.

There is a verse that says...."work out your salvation in FEAR".
Well, that is not talking about "panic attack type TERROR".
Its this...>"work out your salvation in AWE and WONDER".. to exist in a state of "WOW"...>"God is SO AMAZING".. !!!!

Reactions: Marymog

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I simply responded and taught what OSAS means.
You had a wrong understanding of this set of letters.
i would rather you be angry at me for showing you the truth, then for you to continue to misunderstand the meaning of those letters.

Also, you are not use to me, on this forum.
Im not the typical member, here.
Im a NT teacher who teaches in every post and in every Thread.
Its why im here, so, it can seem to a person who is not use to my methods, that you are being "preached at", when in fact its just cut and dry teaching, as if you are in my class.
Also, and i don't mean you....... if a person is a heretic, then all my Threads and all my posts are going to sting.

No disrespect intended toward you, Jane_Doe22.
I come here every day and there are a ton of posts sent to me and im just going as fast as i can, being as clear as i can, to try to answer so many responses and new posts.
Today, yours is one of many many responses, and i also wrote a Thread.. today.
Busy as usual.

Ok then..

B
I'm going to politely disagrew tih you and your approach, and leave the conversation it at that.

Reactions: Bobby Jo

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are to live in Faith that God is Good all the time, and that God is Love, eternally.

"Fear", as found as a word in the NT< is often misrepresented as .."you need to be under your bed sweating in a panic attack".
or,.. "God is going to get you, so you better be good".
So, THAT, is not how to understand God, or this word fear.

Its this...>"work out your salvation in AWE and WONDER".. to exist in a state of "WOW"...>"God is SO AMAZING".. !!!!
True and very well said.

When we were children we feared what our parents would do to us if we disobeyed them.

As children of God we fear what he will do to us if we disobey him. I think it is fair to say we don't live our life in fear.....but we fear what will happen to us if we disobey Him.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
His Spirit and Christ are the plumb line, dont you believe His Spirit??

Don't you believe His Spirit? Every word of holy scripture is inspired by Him.

There is fear in faith (Hebrews 11:7).

See 2 Corinthians 5:11 (kjv).

2Co 5:11, Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This that you have understood about my Teaching, is exactly wrong.
I will never say that if you are repenting and confessing, its because you are not saved.
I would never say that if you are confessing and repenting, its because you are not born again.
What i have taught in 30 Threads, followhim, including today's, is that IF you are sinning and repenting, its because you do not believe right, regarding how GOD sees you as His, or Why.
Once you learn how to believe RIGHT, you will be able to find Victory over your flesh, and live a perfected discipleship.

See this THEAD ....

Seeing with God's Eyes = Right Believing.

Ok so you feel that the church is saved, but just not taught well enough, and through your teaching things will shift.
Believing RIGHT as you put it, is what?

Other than yourself do you have examples that this is true? It is easy to convince ourselves that things work one way when actually other things in our lives are the true foundation. Too many, like one brother who came on a mission, felt such peace and love whereas at work they were perplexed and faced with problems. In reality the more demanding environment and delivering to deadlines was his problem not faith. Of course an unstructured community witnessing and just turning up to meeting while being fed and watered is a less stressful experience.

Another brother felt called to ministry but saw his family, wife and kids were holding him back. Little did he see that the opposite was true, until he resolved his attitude to his obligations and commitments could he even begin to know what ministry was. How could someone who was running away from his life, counsel others to face up to what he needed to do. So I am wondering what is this significant revelation that you believe will change others?

I have read reams of stuff, but not this nugget of truth or reality. God bless you.

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Follow Him,
I enjoy reading your posts, they are very gentlemanly and it's refreshing to see someone who does not return rudeness for rudeness.

"So those who shout so loud I am saved to eternity no matter what I do, shout so loud they have no clue who or what God is, and by claiming He is not concerned about sin or our walk, they declare their blindness to the Kingdom of God."

The first part of the above goes without saying, lol. The underlined (mine) is something that throws me as, should we not feel sorrow and regret for our sin? Do we not care that sin hurts God? How could He not be concerned about the only thing He cannot abide-sin. I think we should feel horrible when we sin, and hopefully that feeling will help us to avoid it more and more...

Amen. Of course sin should shatter us. I have been married for 30 years and all along there have been people who would have liked more attention than I could give or who attention beyond that which would have been good. The religion of what if, selling out what one has built slowly in spirit and truth, is so damaging. The unstable, the emotional waves of desire and dreams is very strong but also very foolish. Sin whispers you could get it all if only x happens.

Sin is this belief in x, and not seeing the beauty and opportunity all around us, just small steps that build to a glorious future. Jesus talked about mercy, justice and faithfulness. Justice is what is fair, what works, what is reasonable, mercy, forgiveness for those who make small errors, and should be overcome through love to build a good future, and faithfulness, being an anchor that does not move on commitments and direction.

Sin is giving up on the building to eternity, the truth of reality and real value from the heart. In the ebb and flow of our feelings, it is these things that are eternal, gifts of grace, salt in a dying world, light shinning in the darkness.

I have heard people talk about boring life, not taking risks, not getting the adrenaline rush, not realising the slow faithful walk is true, exciting, real, unshakeable, taking a real risk that it could fail, the adrenaline rush of seeing it work out. I remember as an 18 year old going on a 2 year work with a christian organisation through a civil war, an economic crisis and feeling abandoned. I have later found out, that actually this had more life and reality than the life my family lived at home, with all the relationships falling apart. I praise God Jesus took me and helped me grow up and develop in Him, in ways that still affect me today. God is so good, Praise His Holy Name. Amen

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen. Of course sin should shatter us. I have been married for 30 years and all along there have been people who would have liked more attention than I could give or who attention beyond that which would have been good. The religion of what if, selling out what one has built slowly in spirit and truth, is so damaging. The unstable, the emotional waves of desire and dreams is very strong but also very foolish. Sin whispers you could get it all if only x happens.

Sin is this belief in x, and not seeing the beauty and opportunity all around us, just small steps that build to a glorious future. Jesus talked about mercy, justice and faithfulness. Justice is what is fair, what works, what is reasonable, mercy, forgiveness for those who make small errors, and should be overcome through love to build a good future, and faithfulness, being an anchor that does not move on commitments and direction.

Sin is giving up on the building to eternity, the truth of reality and real value from the heart. In the ebb and flow of our feelings, it is these things that are eternal, gifts of grace, salt in a dying world, light shinning in the darkness.

I have heard people talk about boring life, not taking risks, not getting the adrenaline rush, not realising the slow faithful walk is true, exciting, real, unshakeable, taking a real risk that it could fail, the adrenaline rush of seeing it work out. I remember as an 18 year old going on a 2 year work with a christian organisation through a civil war, an economic crisis and feeling abandoned. I have later found out, that actually this had more life and reality than the life my family lived at home, with all the relationships falling apart. I praise God Jesus took me and helped me grow up and develop in Him, in ways that still affect me today. God is so good, Praise His Holy Name. Amen

"Sin is this belief in x, and not seeing the beauty and opportunity all around us, just small steps that build to a glorious future. Jesus talked about mercy, justice and faithfulness. Justice is what is fair, what works, what is reasonable, mercy, forgiveness for those who make small errors, and should be overcome through love to build a good future, and faithfulness, being an anchor that does not move on commitments and direction."

Yes, when ever we take our eyes off of the prize (Christ) everything shatters. Where do we place our faith? It can only be in the one WAY (Christ); if we want to please Him, and shine as beacons in this oh so lost world. This is not always easy until...He opens the doors and we pray to recognize the opportunities with discernment...if we pray for discernment, He gives it to us in my experience (and He allowed me to be put through the ringer for some time before I finally "got it".

And being an anchor, Christ is THE anchor. AMEN! And thank you immensely for that Lord,

"I have heard people talk about boring life, not taking risks, not getting the adrenaline rush, not realizing the slow faithful walk is true, exciting, real, unshakeable, taking a real risk that it could fail, the adrenaline rush of seeing it work out. I remember as an 18 year old going on a 2 year work with a christian organisation through a civil war, an economic crisis and feeling abandoned. I have later found out, that actually this had more life and reality than the life my family lived at home, with all the relationships falling apart. I praise God Jesus took me and helped me grow up and develop in Him, in ways that still affect me today. God is so good, Praise His Holy Name. Amen

"...a christian organisation through a civil war..." Never heard of such a thing.

"feeling abandoned."
Cuts deep, for sure. Especially when it comes from a brother or sister.

"I have later found out, that actually this had more life and reality than the life my family lived at home, with all the relationships falling apart. I praise God Jesus took me and helped me grow up and develop in Him, in ways that still affect me today. God is so good, Praise His Holy Name. Amen"

Life, true life is only found in Christ! I know what you mean as far as family but, my mothers constant prayers for her children to be saved has happened. She was not still living when all of her prayers were answered, and praise God they were!

"God is so good, Praise His Holy Name. Amen"

I will until my last breath brother.
In His Name always and forever!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Ok so you feel that the church is saved, but just not taught well enough, and through your teaching things will shift.
Believing RIGHT as you put it, is what?

Ive written about 30 Threads on "right believing" , you should take time to read them.

Listen, if you are sinning and repenting, then you are believing wrong.
Its your wrong believe, regarding how you deal with your flesh, your own mind, and your walk of faith, principally, then that is the root cause of all that is wrong.
God didn't save us so that we then live the same sinning life that we lived before we were saved, that we try to deal with with repenting of what we USE TO DO, before we were saved.
This is not "christianity", this is carnality that is caused by not understanding how to walk in God's Grace correctly.

Is this related to bad teaching, ignorant preachers, horrible denominations, and self righteousness in general?....yeah.

Listen, the born again have to let go of daddy, and mama, and the church, and the pope, and mary, and all the JUNK that is infecting your faith and keeping the born again in a failed discipleship.'
GOD IS WHAT MATTERS.
Not all the junk that is taking all your time from you, down here.

Think about this... You are going to live to be 80 if all goes well.
If not, maybe you'll make it to 55, or 65.
So, that is just a handful of years down here, isnt it? Its NOTHING compared to being with God for 100 Billion years and still going.
See, believers tend to not realize that you are here for a moment of time, but you'll be with GOD and Christ for ETERNITY.
Start seeing this as your real life, and do what has to be done down here that makes you ready for living with GOD.
All this STUFF down here.....is just designed to get your heart and mind OFF what matters...

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ive written about 30 Threads on "right believing" , you should take time to read them.

Listen, if you are sinning and repenting, then you are believing wrong.
Its your wrong believe, regarding how you deal with your flesh, your own mind, and your walk of faith, principally, then that is the root cause of all that is wrong.
God didn't save us so that we then live the same sinning life that we lived before we were saved, that we try to deal with with repenting of what we USE TO DO, before we were saved.
This is not "christianity", this is carnality that is caused by not understanding how to walk in God's Grace correctly.

Is this related to bad teaching, ignorant preachers, horrible denominations, and self righteousness in general?....yeah.

Listen, the born again have to let go of daddy, and mama, and the church, and the pope, and mary, and all the JUNK that is infecting your faith and keeping the born again in a failed discipleship.'
GOD IS WHAT MATTERS.
Not all the junk that is taking all your time from you, down here.

Think about this... You are going to live to be 80 if all goes well.
If not, maybe you'll make it to 55, or 65.
So, that is just a handful of years down here, isnt it? Its NOTHING compared to being with God for 100 Billion years and still going.
See, believers tend to not realize that you are here for a moment of time, but you'll be with GOD and Christ for ETERNITY.
Start seeing this as your real life, and do what has to be done down here that makes you ready for living with GOD.
All this STUFF down here.....is just designed to get your heart and mind OFF what matters...

Unfortunately your right believing is transparent. If you cannot hear Paul telling the disciples he led to the Lord to just carry on in faith and love, there is not much I can add. Obviously you are very concerned about something but it is still unclear what. You probably have too much time on your hands, God bless you

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Unfortunately your right believing is transparent. If you cannot hear Paul telling the disciples he led to the Lord to just carry on in faith and love,

Carrying on "faith in love" is not keeping you from sinning, confessing, and repenting, for how many years? ???
So, its fine if you are the type that will argue from your car window with a "STOP" sign., but on a Christian forum, its better to try to find a solution for what isn't working in your faith.
Consider that im not trying to keep you in bondage, im trying to help you out of it.
I must care, i must be sincere, as why would i write so many Threads about this one topic?
See, this bondage to self, to flesh, that is caused by wrong believing, ruins a believers life in God., and it can ruin your life totally, if one of those sins is harmful enough to your LIFE.
Its not something to play with, and its not something to exit within.
Listen, Christianity is not "if we say we have no sin".
Christianity as discipleship = is overcoming your flesh, the devil, and the world, and living this overcoming life.
Its only the Born again who can live this life of purity, but to live it you have to live in God's Grace, you have to rest there and find in the REST the power to live Holy.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
... and let GOD judge us in what HE calls us to do, rather than others telling us what we should be doing. -- And that means YOU, @Behold.

Bobby Jo

You are sinning, and confessing, and repenting, or not?

God did not save you so that you continue to do this, bobby jo.
Paul teaches you in Hebrew 6:1. That the sinning confessing stage is the baby diapers infant Christian stage, and you are to grow up in spiritual maturity and spiritual understanding, and that is to achieve "Victory" over sin.

Last edited: