Stop blaming Satan, scripture for study

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed. And if we are NOT fighting against flesh and blood....then who ARE we fighting against? I see the "adversary's" hand in most everything worldly, cartoons, music, movies, clothes, on and on.
Right now, I am personally going through issues with the city I live in. The man who came to my home because of a complaint I made (only time in over 11 yrs.) This guy is written up all the time but, nothing gets done as he just pays the fine. His house and yard are infested with rats. Anyhow, when this inspector came to my house to look at his yard (wonder why he just did not go to HIS house?!) he was not at all nice, he came in with an attitude and a frown. Then he starts picking me apart over petty things, I honestly believe he knows the guy next door as, he IS related to several cops and, they all work out of City Hall. I was in tears by the time he left and am flailing not knowing what to do, and angry at him and my neighbor. One of my brothers prayed with me and reminded me (after hearing me cursing out the guy) that, "we fight not against flesh and blood" so, that DID calm me...a tad. Very hard to separate the human from the spirit in these cases so, we probably should treat all ill treatment as coming from "the adversary".
This is not to take away from your post Matt! As, you could well be correct!

Having a bad neighbor is definitely one of the most stressing things in life maam. I truly sympathize with you, and am so very thankful I am not in that spot myself. What is worse, and believe me no disrespect here, but you are a woman, which means you operate more emotionally, and stess is an emotion that can really put you into a state of depression. Some scriptures that are involved here that you might consider, and might even help to improve the situation if applied: (Matthew 22:39) The second, like it, is this, ‘You must love your neighbor as yourself.’

(Romans 13:8) Do not YOU people be owing anybody a single thing, except to love one another; for he that loves his fellowman has fulfilled [the] law.

(John 3:16) “For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life.

(Luke 6:35-36) To the contrary, continue to love YOUR enemies and to do good and to lend [without interest], not hoping for anything back; and YOUR reward will be great, and YOU will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind toward the unthankful and wicked. 36 Continue becoming merciful, just as YOUR Father is merciful.

(Galatians 6:10) Really, then, as long as we have time favorable for it, let us work what is good toward all, but especially toward those related to [us] in the faith.

(1 Timothy 4:16) Pay constant attention to yourself and to your teaching. Stay by these things, for by doing this you will save both yourself and those who listen to you.

(Romans 12:19-21) Do not avenge yourselves, beloved, but yield place to the wrath; for it is written: “Vengeance is mine; I will repay, says Jehovah.” 20 But, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by doing this you will heap fiery coals upon his head.” 21 Do not let yourself be conquered by the evil, but keep conquering the evil with the good.

Living in the last days we expect things to get worse as the love of the greater number has lessened Mat 24:12, but those who endure to the end will be saved v13.

What I would do in your case, would be to mostly ignore him, but being extremely kind if interaction takes place. Never forget that the fiery coals you will be putting upon his head, may melt him down to return kindness for kindness.

Use it as a test as well, each time you pass the test makes you a stronger Christian, and you will feel great. Think about how you felt later after cursing out that guy. Hope that helps to relieve some of your stress, definitely pray about it.

Reactions: Nancy

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have some friends I went to school with the last name Gallagher sir, Joe was in my class of 72 living in central Illinois, any kin?

Don't be deceived into thinking satan has been cast into the lake already Matt, far from it, in fact he is more active among humans than ever now. Jesus enemies has been cast as his footstool, heaven was cleansed and satan and the demons were cast out of heaven residing here on the earth at this time and we are warned that there would be woe for us on this account Rev 12:12. When Jesus returns, he will bind satan and the demons, and remove his followers from the earth then. It will be at that time when we no longer have to consider them in influencing us.

satan is so good at what he does many do not even think he exists. That is why the Bible calls him the birdcatcher. Ps 91:3
Maybe this is the psalm 91 Fowler?
Matthew 21:12 KJV
[12] And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves,

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello reader,

When it comes to the devil, I look at him as the opposite of God. He was the one who was given the title deed to earth. He was the harbinger of death to the Jewish world, in a sense. He was a liar and a deceiver, being seen as the serpent, the ancient serpent to be defeated according to revelation.

I do not know your full understanding on any of these things @amadeus, also @marks .

That is what I see though, and even so, I talked to a person today who believes people can be possessed with demons, and that Satan is still put tricks in your mind and will lie to you and deceive you.

I do not believe this true anymore because of the full assurance I have of Jesus Christ victory over Satan, sin, death, grave, hell.

I believe what James says about us as human beings…

James 1:14 but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed.

That is what I believe, just as victory stated about biting and devouring one another, that can deal with pride and lead to haughty attitude toward others. The Devil had these same traits, but so do we since the fall of Adam.

Satan the Angel that was in heaven desired darkness and he is a picture and a type of darkness in the absence of light, who back then as stated had the title deed to esrth in a sense until the victory of Jesus.

Now to me it seems people have a choice, to choose darkness or light and it has no influence by the ancient serpent that was defeated but on the influence and predications of ones own self free Will and desires in the heart.

in love,
Matthew Gallagher
Jesus overcame the things within himself which tempted as him as every man of flesh is tempted. He did not overcome your temptations or my temptations, but he did open the Way back into God and provided the means through the Holy Spirit so that we too could overcome just as he did. We cannot do it alone!

If we are still tempted to sin and actually do sin, then we are not yet complete overcomers like Jesus. But... our end is not yet. We have time and if we surrender continuously to God asking for His help, will He not provide help so that we too may overcome the world of our own temptations? What will be the result if we do overcome?

"He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God." Rev 2:7

"He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death." Rev 2:11

"He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it." Rev 2:17

"And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:" Rev 2:26

"He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels." Rev 3:5

"Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name." Rev 3:12

"To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne." Rev 3:21

"He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches." Rev 3:22

What will happen if we do not overcome? Lots of rewards for overcomers, but look first at Rev 2:7. If we are not allowed to eat of the Tree of Life, what happens to us? Will he blot our names out of the Book of Life? Will we die finally? [see Rev 3:5]

Look then also at Rev 2:7. What is the second death, against which we would have no protection?

Reactions: Nancy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amadeus, since the Bible makes it crystal clear that the Adversary is ha Satan (Satan), why do you make such misleading statements? Are you in agreement with MatthewG's false doctrine? If not then come right out and tell him he is a deceiver.
So then who is Satan but our adversary? Who are we but our own adversary? Do any of us have a greater adversary now than ourselves?

Jesus certainly killed his own adversary when he overcame the world as per John 16:33 and then he went forward to the cross and was never tempted again turn away from God's will. He was no longer in the world of temptations:

"And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world..." John 17:11

Are men still tempted to sin? Am I? Are you?

Is there more than one adversary? Is there more than one beast to be overcome by the power of the Holy Spirit?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[12] And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves,

Hosea 9:1-17…verse 8 and 11 mentions the fowler. Hosea 10:1-3 makes me think of when they mocked Him saying John 19:14-15 And it was the preparation of the passover, and about the sixth hour: and he said unto the Jews, Behold your King! But they cried out, Away with him, away with him, crucify him. Pilate said unto them, Shall I crucify your King? The chief priests answered, We have no king but Caesar.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death." Rev 2:11

What is the second death? I don’t know. But consider those alive unto God and walk in Him…alive in Him, could this be the first resurrection on which the second death holds no power? It makes me think of 2 Corinthians 6:7-16. For example are you afraid you will suffer loss and shame, or trust death will not consume that which God has brought unto Life and out unto the Light of Christ; where even hell itself, nor death, can prevail against? Like Corinthians 6 above …as dying, and, behold, we live; as chastened, and not killed;
Or Lamentations 3:22 It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or Lamentations 3:22 It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.

“his compassions fail not”
Hebrews 6:9-10 But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak. [10] For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.

been thinking a lot about 1 Corinthians 11:21-22 where Paul said “shall I praise you in this? I praise you not.” Which seems to still be on topic of “stop blaming satan” in coming together not for the better, but for the worse.
1 Corinthians 11:17

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Consider this reader,

Many people in this world still believe Satan is alive and active today. If you would simply ask yourself, who, what, when, why, where, how, in the addressing of scripture your mind may open to new information.

Think about this, when Paul encouraged Timothy to publicly read scripture in 1 Timothy. Did you know this notion of scripture is not the New Testament?

It was in reference to the Old Testament canon that he was to teach, not the the New Testament.

As this for an example through out scripture the talk about the defeat of Satan is found in the context as you read along, ever since the beginning of GENESIS.

Now this is the scripture pertaining to the defeat of Satan,

Genesis 3:15
Luke 4:13
John 12:30
John 12:31
John 14:30
2 Thessalonians 2:8
Hebrews 2:14
1 John 3:8
Revelation 20:10

Done and defeated, away from ever reigning over the earth again.

With this what still exists? The same thing that tempted the fallen Angel when he made the free Will choice to deny God…

What is that? Darkness.

Darkness existed before light was created. God was in the midst of the darkness, the earth was yet to be created and the hilt spirit hovering above the waters.

Many people place blame on Satan but if you come truly come to realization the Bible is true in his defeat the quicker you will be free in truth to walk in Christ.

The only thing we battle against is our own temptations that come from our own mind/heart even flesh James 1:13-14.

Every single person is responsible for themselves in their own choices. There is no blaming Satan anymore. It’s pointing the finger at your own self in the mirror.

Coming to the reality that you are imperfect and have problems and are in need of a savior and the grace of God and the Lord Jesus Christ come into your life the more you all them to and the Holy Spirit is what is active as you live in this life…

The darkness yes all of us wrestle it, our heart - soul (mind/will/emotion) is filled with darkness until you open the door and allow Jesus to light up a fire to clear that darkness out, he will hold it back for you and give you a more fulfilling spiritual life.

In love,
Matthew Gallagher
(An imperfect human being, saved by the grace of God in faith of the Lord Jesus Christ who died, buried, and raised again).

great topic. Never consider how much “satan made me do it” is an actual thing. Instead of it is my own lust, greed, pride, hatred and bitterness that wars against the freedom in Christ? We tell addicts to own their actions?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus overcame the things within himself which tempted as him as every man of flesh is tempted. He did not overcome your temptations or my temptations, but he did open the Way back into God and provided the means through the Holy Spirit so that we too could overcome just as he did. We cannot do it alone!

If we are still tempted to sin and actually do sin, then we are not yet complete overcomers like Jesus. But... our end is not yet. We have time and if we surrender continuously to God asking for His help, will He not provide help so that we too may overcome the world of our own temptations? What will be the result if we do overcome?

"He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God." Rev 2:7

"He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it." Rev 2:17

"And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:" Rev 2:26

"He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels." Rev 3:5

"Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name." Rev 3:12

"To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne." Rev 3:21

"He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches." Rev 3:22

What will happen if we do not overcome? Lots of rewards for overcomers, but look first at Rev 2:7. If we are not allowed to eat of the Tree of Life, what happens to us? Will he blot our names out of the Book of Life? Will we die finally? [see Rev 3:5]

Look then also at Rev 2:7. What is the second death, against which we would have no protection?

Amadeus,

This extremely informative information about rewards. I will need to come back write all of these down,

If we don’t overcome, Jesus already overcame death, satan, sin, death, the grave and separation for us, because of this Will we lose part in being able to dwell in the Kingdom of God. Not if the person is having faith in Him.

It seems if anything it is just not as many rewards if anything, you’ll still get a resurrected spiritual body, given by God that will be pleasing to dwell in.

Did you know in Philippians, that Paul writes about obtaining the resurrection of the dead?

It is the only place that resurrection is called exanastis (that may not be spelt right). What it means is their is a resurrection better the normal resurrection which is named (Anastas) you may need to look at the Greek word as I can spell it correctly.

Perhaps this outer better resurrection entails obtaining all of those rewards for a life time devotion with love for God and others, even through times of mistakes. Just continue to grow your spiritual body here?

In love,
Matthew Gallagher

great topic. Never consider how much “satan made me do it” is an actual thing. Instead of it is my own lust, greed, pride, hatred and bitterness that wars against the freedom in Christ? We tell addicts to own their actions?

Victory in Christ,

It seems to me you know the truth, many people don’t like to look at themselves so honestly, that is what Jesus told us ultimately about ourselves when Jesus talks about it’s what comes out from the heart that defiles a man/woman.

The only thing to share with them is the truth even at the cost of telling others our stories we have felt guilt and shame over and that it was really us who decided to do all those horrible things. Honesty of the heart seems key, and Jesus is the savior of the heart, and burns the darkness of the heart away.

In love,
Matthew Gallagher

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Having a bad neighbor is definitely one of the most stressing things in life maam. I truly sympathize with you, and am so very thankful I am not in that spot myself. What is worse, and believe me no disrespect here, but you are a woman, which means you operate more emotionally, and stess is an emotion that can really put you into a state of depression. Some scriptures that are involved here that you might consider, and might even help to improve the situation if applied: (Matthew 22:39) The second, like it, is this, ‘You must love your neighbor as yourself.’

(Romans 13:8) Do not YOU people be owing anybody a single thing, except to love one another; for he that loves his fellowman has fulfilled [the] law.

(John 3:16) “For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life.

(Luke 6:35-36) To the contrary, continue to love YOUR enemies and to do good and to lend [without interest], not hoping for anything back; and YOUR reward will be great, and YOU will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind toward the unthankful and wicked. 36 Continue becoming merciful, just as YOUR Father is merciful.

(Galatians 6:10) Really, then, as long as we have time favorable for it, let us work what is good toward all, but especially toward those related to [us] in the faith.

(1 Timothy 4:16) Pay constant attention to yourself and to your teaching. Stay by these things, for by doing this you will save both yourself and those who listen to you.

(Romans 12:19-21) Do not avenge yourselves, beloved, but yield place to the wrath; for it is written: “Vengeance is mine; I will repay, says Jehovah.” 20 But, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by doing this you will heap fiery coals upon his head.” 21 Do not let yourself be conquered by the evil, but keep conquering the evil with the good.

Living in the last days we expect things to get worse as the love of the greater number has lessened Mat 24:12, but those who endure to the end will be saved v13.

What I would do in your case, would be to mostly ignore him, but being extremely kind if interaction takes place. Never forget that the fiery coals you will be putting upon his head, may melt him down to return kindness for kindness.

Use it as a test as well, each time you pass the test makes you a stronger Christian, and you will feel great. Think about how you felt later after cursing out that guy. Hope that helps to relieve some of your stress, definitely pray about it.

Thanks Robert,
I was not "cursing" him out to his face, lol - just while on the phone with my brother (not that that makes it right, I know). He is rarely outside and, we have always gotten along and all these years I have wanted to keep it that way.
I have prayed for him and the guy from the city...took me a bit to get to that place but, God is faithful.
Thanks again, and God bless.

Reactions: Robert Gwin

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the second death? I don’t know. But consider those alive unto God and walk in Him…alive in Him, could this be the first resurrection on which the second death holds no power?
I see the second death as a possibility only for those who have received the Life that Jesus brought [John 10:10]. Everyone else is already dead to God. They were born to their natural mother's dead already as all the children of Adam and Eve are dead. Being dead already they would remain so unless and until they were to meet Jesus and receive what he brought.

It makes me think of 2 Corinthians 6:7-16. For example are you afraid you will suffer loss and shame, or trust death will not consume that which God has brought unto Life and out unto the Light of Christ; where even hell itself, nor death, can prevail against? Like Corinthians 6 above …as dying, and, behold, we live; as chastened, and not killed;
Paul was writing to people who had received Life, but... could lose it. Losing that Life would be the second death.

Jeremiah speaks of the Lord's mercies toward all of those dead people, who still had hope. The hope was first given to Adam and Eve after they had disobeyed God. They were then dead people walking, but not without hope at all. The hope was found in the possibility of Life found in their Promised Messiah.

God shows us that with the original 600,000 led out of bondage in Egypt toward the Promised Land. They all had hope as they were all saved out of Egypt [type of death (sin)], but only the two, Joshua and Caleb, did not die [again: type of 2nd death] in wilderness before entering into the Promised Land [type of unending Life].

The ones saved out of Egyptian bondage were a type or a shadow of the Way to the Life Jesus brought. Dying in the wilderness was a shadow of the second death. Only those who made it into the Promised Land would have been a type of unending Life.

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How is it that you call yourself a Christian and deny the scriptures saying Satan is still influencing the activities of this world?

"in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience," - Eph. 2:2

"So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him." - Rev. 12:9

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience," - Eph. 2:2

I get confused over “spirit”(lowercase)
And “Spirit”
Where the word mentions not every spirit is from God in 1 John 4:2-3?
Or “the spirit of the world” or “the spirit which is of God” in 1 Corinthians 2:12
Then there is “the spirit of error” or “the spirit of truth”
1 John 4:5-8
point is …is this not the spirit of disobedience which now works in …to be disobedient…spoken of in Ephesians 2:2 and also the spiritual wickedness in high places. I could be wrong but I don’t think anyone is saying there is no disobedience which seems evident. my question is if this work of disobedience, this working of satan is in the heart or mind or “spirit” of man. Is satan the spirit of error? Is satan the spirit of the world and not the spirit given of God? Is satan some devil with horns and a tail…a dragon warring against Christ or the spirit of disobedience that is in the world?
Does blaming satan cut it or is every man when enticed drawn away by his own lust? ‘For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.” 1 John 2:16’

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amadeus,

This extremely informative information about rewards. I will need to come back write all of these down,

If we don’t overcome, Jesus already overcame death, satan, sin, death, the grave and separation for us, because of this Will we lose part in being able to dwell in the Kingdom of God. Not if the person is having faith in Him.
What Jesus did was open the Way for us to walk through the Door [Jesus]. We must do the walking and the overcoming ourselves. The Door is effectively the same Door/Gate closed behind them when Adam and Eve were placed outside the Garden and denied reentrance by the flaming sword.

For himself, the man of flesh, Jesus overcame temptation [all of it] before he went to the cross so that he could be the perfect and acceptable sacrifice. He opened the Door, which was himself, but we cannot simply walk through as we are... We need to be properly dressed and prepared:

"And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth." Matt 22:11-13

On that day of Pentecost [Acts 2] the Holy Spirit was poured out and became available to whoever was interested in surrendering to and moving toward God. By the leading of the Spirit a person can be prepared and then led through the Door [Jesus]. Quenching the Spirit will hinder or stop progress.
It seems if anything it is just not as many rewards if anything, you’ll still get a resurrected spiritual body, given by God that will be pleasing to dwell in.
Do we get that body sometime later, or is it now, the new man of us, when we are born again or born of God, which means now... not tomorrow:

"Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." Matt 6:34

Did you know in Philippians, that Paul writes about obtaining the resurrection of the dead?
To resurrect means to bring back to life. Since all of us were dead before meeting Jesus, our resurrection is when the new man is born in us. That is... Not after we are buried in the ground [planet Earth], and some other person shovels the dirt onto our faces. Too late then!
It is the only place that resurrection is called exanastis (that may not be spelt right). What it means is their is a resurrection better the normal resurrection which is named (Anastas) you may need to look at the Greek word as I can spell it correctly.
Does a born again person sin? To be born again means to be resurrected. That is the first resurrection!

"Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him." I John 3:6

"Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God." I John 3:9

Perhaps this outer better resurrection entails obtaining all of those rewards for a life time devotion with love for God and others, even through times of mistakes. Just continue to grow your spiritual body here?

In love,
Matthew Gallagher
The "better" resurrection I see is according to this:

"Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:
And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment:
They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;" Heb 11:35-37

Anyone can by the power of the Holy Spirit overcome sin completely. Seemingly the extra suffering/service above the reasonable would allow for a "better" resurrection.

The "normal" resurrection might be for reasonable service as per...

"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service." Rom 12:1

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I get confused over “spirit”(lowercase)
And “Spirit”
Where the word mentions not every spirit is from God in 1 John 4:2-3?
Or “the spirit of the world” or “the spirit which is of God” in 1 Corinthians 2:12
Then there is “the spirit of error” or “the spirit of truth”
1 John 4:5-8
point is …is this not the spirit of disobedience which now works in …to be disobedient…spoken of in Ephesians 2:2 and also the spiritual wickedness in high places. I could be wrong but I don’t think anyone is saying there is no disobedience which seems evident. my question is if this work of disobedience, this working of satan is in the heart or mind or “spirit” of man. Is satan the spirit of error? Is satan the spirit of the world and not the spirit given of God? Is satan some devil with horns and a tail…a dragon warring against Christ or the spirit of disobedience that is in the world?
Does blaming satan cut it or is every man when enticed drawn away by his own lust? ‘For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.” 1 John 2:16’

then there is “fear not for I have overcome the world” has He not overcome all that is in the world…the pride of life, the lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh? Consider in
Hebrews 11:7 where Noah built an ark …what is being built in Ephesians 4:13-16 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: [14] That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; [15] But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: [16] From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see the second death as a possibility only for those who have received the Life that Jesus brought [John 10:10]. Everyone else is already dead to God. They were born to their natural mother's dead already as all the children of Adam and Eve are dead. Being dead already they would remain so unless and until they were to meet Jesus and receive what he brought.

Paul was writing to people who had received Life, but... could lose it. Losing that Life would be the second death.

Jeremiah speaks of the Lord's mercies toward all of those dead people, who still had hope. The hope was first given to Adam and Eve after they had disobeyed God. They were then dead people walking, but not without hope at all. The hope was found in the possibility of Life found in their Promised Messiah.

God shows us that with the original 600,000 led out of bondage in Egypt toward the Promised Land. They all had hope as they were all saved out of Egypt [type of death (sin)], but only the two, Joshua and Caleb, did not die [again: type of 2nd death] in wilderness before entering into the Promised Land [type of unending Life].

The ones saved out of Egyptian bondage were a type or a shadow of the Way to the Life Jesus brought. Dying in the wilderness was a shadow of the second death. Only those who made it into the Promised Land would have been a type of unending Life.
Revelation 20:13-14 KJV
[13] And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. [14] And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Says death and he’ll are cast into the lake, doesn’t seem to imply those judged whom were delivered up. So much for eternal punishment.

Reactions: amadeus

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Says death and he’ll are cast into the lake, doesn’t seem to imply those judged whom were delivered up. So much for eternal punishment.
Are you serious with this FLIPPANT comment? Read the entire chapter and then the context of Death and Hades (not Hell) being cast into the Lake of Fire. If all this is not about eternal punishment then words don't mean anything.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I get confused over “spirit”(lowercase) And “Spirit”
It is really a crying shame that the KJV translators did not consistently capitalize "Spirit" when it was used for the Holy Spirit. There are two other ways that the word "spirit" is used (perhaps three): (a) the immaterial spirit which is joined to the soul and resides within the body, (b) evil spirits (which are evil angels) and may even present themselves as "ghosts" and (c) breath (since the same Hebrew and Greek words can be used for either spirit or breath, depending on the context).

Is Satan an evil spirit? Absolutely.
Should anyone dismiss his evil activities? Absolutely not.
Should Satan be blamed for much of the evil around us? Absolutely.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 20:13-14 KJV
[13] And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. [14] And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Waiting on him,

Yes, amen. This is why I’m thankful for the total victory in Christ Jesus. Who conquered over sin, Satan and his demons, death, hell, the grave, even separation from God as Gods word, for three days, then resurrected.

(When it comes to the after life, all people will be resurrected and because of Jesus and his victory all are welcome still to come to know him maybe even after this life who died, who resurrect outside of the kingdom.)

The more I realize this this more freer life seem to become, though through making mistakes, the more assurance always seems to arrive at the totality now of what Jesus had really done.

No individual on earth has done more than the Son of God of the God of Israel, in the fulfilment of conquering over all.

in love,
Matthew Gallagher

Reactions: Waiting on him

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I think somehow this mistakenly got posted to me sir, I have had that happen before to me as well.