Stop blaming Satan, scripture for study

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do know that James was referring to Abraham's faith in God to provide, right?

Genesis 22:7 And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering? 8 And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

13 And Abraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold behind him a ram caught in a thicket by his horns: and Abraham went and took the ram, and offered him up for a burnt offering in the stead of his son. 14 And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovahjireh: as it is said to this day, In the mount of the Lord it shall be seen.

That is the faith James was referring to that requires works; as in leading by example; not faith in Jesus Christ for salvation which is without works.

James was rebuking the church for sharing their faith in God to provide to the poor without meeting their immediate needs of those poor that were about to perish from the element and starvation from the bounty collected at church service. It is the church's faith in God to provide being issued to the poor that will not profit the poor nor save the poor, seeing the church's faith is dead without leading by example.

It is understandable for why many read James verses out of context thinking it applies also to the faith in Jesus Christ for salvation, but no. When reading verse 14, one should do so in context.

James 2:14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, 16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? 17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. 19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. 20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? 22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? 23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God. 24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

So the church nor man is not justified nor righteous when sharing faith in God to provide to the poor if the church nor that believer cares to lead by example to the poor by meeting the immediate needs of the poor with what God had provided for them.

It is the church's faith in God to provide that is dead in the eyes of the poor for why the church's faith in God to provide to the poor, will not profit the poor nor save the poor from the elements or starvation when the church does not care to lead by example.

James was never talking about the faith in Jesus Christ for salvation as if needing works, because James was rebuking the church for getting out of helping the poor by callously sharing their faith in God to provide to the poor without meeting the immediate needs of the poor that were perishing.

Paul testifies to faith in Jesus Christ in salvation which is without works for why believing in Jesus Christ for salvation is the Good News for man.

Titus 3:4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, 5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; 6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; 7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Romans 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

Romans 4:1What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found? 2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God. 3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. 4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. 5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Hello to you,

Christ4me,

Thank you for sharing your viewpoint and belief system with us with your insights you shared.

My recommendation for anyone would be to of course please read James in its full context and understand what he is talking about.

The works of a Christians are labors of love that come from God which come in and through Christ, who lives in and inside of you in your heart.

All Christian work is credited to only God and the Lord Jesus Christ because of the holy spirit and the spirit of Christ working from with in you, which God works inwardly on our heart then starts to come outwardly through understanding Jesus his grace, and what defines your faith, is it Jesus Christ and his works, or your own personal works to obtain salvation?

Faith, and love. The works are love.

Humbly, in Christ,
Matthew Gallagher

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello to you, reader,

One more clarification I would like to make,

There are people who will argue sometimes share things back and forth with each other their viewpoint in which one or the other sharing it can have their mind change about the topic.

There are great like minded Christians on this website who just desire to learn and grow in knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ, and His Gospel is one of Good news in which he has had victory over Satan and his demons, hell, grave, death, and sin. Given the Holy Spirit by and through in faith in the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ. Having obtained new eternal life, and newness of life by the spirit.

Being open minded and questioning yourself on everything you have been taught by a teacher or a preacher, or your mom or dad, or grandparents.

All of them had their own held traditions, throughout family and through out church history. Grandma going to church was much different than perhaps some teachings now days.

I personally believe it is good to challenge yourself on anything anyone says on any given subject and look it up in the Bible like several people have done here to share scripture that is good to grow and learn.

There would be two Bible recommendations:

Thompson Chain Reference Bible for studying subjects in the Bible,

and for and easier to read Bible book, would be a New Living Translation.

(I found yesterday a Holman KJV pocketbook Large letter print edition Bible, it has reference tabs to quickly have navigation throughout it and Jesus words in red. - 20$ at walmart).

In love,
Matthew Gallagher

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello to you,

Christ4me,

Thank you for sharing your viewpoint and belief system with us with your insights you shared.

My recommendation for anyone would be to of course please read James in its full context and understand what he is talking about.

The works of a Christians are labors of love that come from God which come in and through Christ, who lives in and inside of you in your heart.

All Christian work is credited to only God and the Lord Jesus Christ because of the holy spirit and the spirit of Christ working from with in you, which God works inwardly on our heart then starts to come outwardly through understanding Jesus his grace, and what defines your faith, is it Jesus Christ and his works, or your own personal works to obtain salvation?

Faith, and love. The works are love.

Humbly, in Christ,
Matthew Gallagher

Faith and love for abiding in him as His disciple per verse 13 in context of 1 John 3:22-24

Faith in Jesus Christ necessitates without works since it is Jesus that saves all who believe in him, even in His name. John 1:12-13.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith and love for abiding in him as His disciple per verse 13 in context of 1 John 3:22-24

Faith in Jesus Christ necessitates without works since it is Jesus that saves all who believe in him, even in His name. John 1:12-13.

Christ4me,

Thank you so much for sharing.

In love,
Matthew Gallagher

To any new reader, as stated before,

Challenge anything you may hear someone teach or preach one and test all things by the spirit and found out what the truth is on whatever subject matter you may undertake in learning about when it pertains to the Bible.

There are people on this website whom are well knowledgeable on many different topics and that will help you on the way to start your search, always remember ask God for wisdom if you are in need and he will surely give to those who rely on Him.

Ask and it shall be given to you, seek and you shall find, knock and the door shall be open.

In love to all people here,
Matthew Gallagher

Reactions: Christ4Me

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought of 2 more.

1 Cor 5:5 hand this man over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved on the day of the Lord.

2 Cor 12:7
even though I have received such wonderful revelations from God. So to keep me from becoming proud, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger from Satan to torment me and keep me from becoming proud.
I believe Satan referenced here is apostate Israel.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Yes, Satan is dead to me.

Praise God, there is no reason to fear someone who is dead, and no longer around anymore.
You believe that Satan is dead to you, MatthewG, but it is a logical fallacy to insist therefore he is actually dead to everyone and no longer active in lives anywhere. Christians know that Satan is their defeated foe, but he is still our Adversary nevertheless.

Jas 4:7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

Eph 4:26-27
“Be angry, and don’t sin.” Don’t let the sun go down on your wrath, (27) and don’t give place to the devil.

Eph 6:10-11
Finally, be strong in the Lord, and in the strength of his might. (11) Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
  • Prophecy speaks of an escalation of wickedness after the working of Satan with all lying signs and wonders
    Rev 13:2-4
    The beast which I saw was like a leopard, and his feet were like those of a bear, and his mouth like the mouth of a lion. The dragon (Satan) gave him his power, his throne, and great authority. (3) One of his heads looked like it had been wounded fatally. His fatal wound was healed, and the whole earth marveled at the beast. (4) They worshiped the dragon (Satan), because he gave his authority to the beast, and they worshiped the beast, saying, “Who is like the beast? Who is able to make war with him?”
  • Satan will be openly worshipped, having deceived the nations.
    Rev 20:1-3
    I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key of the abyss and a great chain in his hand. (2) He seized the dragon, the old serpent, which is the devil and Satan, who deceives the whole inhabited earth, and bound him for a thousand years, (3) and cast him into the abyss, and shut it, and sealed it over him, that he should deceive the nations no more, until the thousand years were finished. After this, he must be freed for a short time.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You believe that Satan is dead to you, MatthewG, but it is a logical fallacy to insist therefore he is actually dead to everyone and no longer active in lives anywhere. Christians know that Satan is their defeated foe, but he is still our Adversary nevertheless.

Jas 4:7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

Eph 4:26-27
“Be angry, and don’t sin.” Don’t let the sun go down on your wrath, (27) and don’t give place to the devil.

Eph 6:10-11
Finally, be strong in the Lord, and in the strength of his might. (11) Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
  • Prophecy speaks of an escalation of wickedness after the working of Satan with all lying signs and wonders
    Rev 13:2-4
    The beast which I saw was like a leopard, and his feet were like those of a bear, and his mouth like the mouth of a lion. The dragon (Satan) gave him his power, his throne, and great authority. (3) One of his heads looked like it had been wounded fatally. His fatal wound was healed, and the whole earth marveled at the beast. (4) They worshiped the dragon (Satan), because he gave his authority to the beast, and they worshiped the beast, saying, “Who is like the beast? Who is able to make war with him?”
  • Satan will be openly worshipped, having deceived the nations.
    Rev 20:1-3
    I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key of the abyss and a great chain in his hand. (2) He seized the dragon, the old serpent, which is the devil and Satan, who deceives the whole inhabited earth, and bound him for a thousand years, (3) and cast him into the abyss, and shut it, and sealed it over him, that he should deceive the nations no more, until the thousand years were finished. After this, he must be freed for a short time.

Stumpmaster,

Thank you for taking time to share all of the scripture here with others that pertain to the devil, Satan.

One day I heard someone talking about Satan at a tent revival.

Decided to talk to the guy on the side of the venue and started asking him questions. “If the Bible declares the defeat of Satan, why do you talk about him as though he is alive?”

He and his friend responded Satan is defeated but he is still walking around seeking who he can devour, and also he brought up about how we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but principalities and darkness.

Either Satan is defeated or he is not.

What does the Bible say about it?

in love,
Matthew Gallagher

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have to take both sets of verses together to come to full understanding.
For every verse, there will be one that seems to be saying the opposite. Men will accept the one they like and put their fingers in their ears for the other one. They will take the one they like and build all their understanding and theology around it and come out without a full understanding.
This is like when everyone was amazed and pleased by what Jesus said and how gracious and pleasing to their ears, but moments later He said something that wasn’t pleasing to their ears and they wanted to push Him over a cliff.

16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,

18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

20 And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.

21 And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.

22 And all bare him witness, and wondered at the gracious words which proceeded out of his mouth. And they said, Is not this Joseph's son?

23 And he said unto them, Ye will surely say unto me this proverb, Physician, heal thyself: whatsoever we have heard done in Capernaum, do also here in thy country.

24 And he said, Verily I say unto you, No prophet is accepted in his own country.

25 But I tell you of a truth, many widows were in Israel in the days of Elias, when the heaven was shut up three years and six months, when great famine was throughout all the land;

26 But unto none of them was Elias sent, save unto Sarepta, a city of Sidon, unto a woman that was a widow.

27 And many lepers were in Israel in the time of Eliseus the prophet; and none of them was cleansed, saving Naaman the Syrian.

28 And all they in the synagogue, when they heard these things, were filled with wrath,

29 And rose up, and thrust him out of the city, and led him unto the brow of the hill whereon their city was built, that they might cast him down headlong.

Last edited:

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Satan is defeated in that sin shall not have dominion over the believer's life any more now that Jesus Christ is in us, but that does not negate the devil's temptations from trying for why we are not to sow to the works of the flesh but to the fruits of the Spirit looking to the author & finisher of our faith to help us lay aside every weight & sin daily in continuing to submit to God in resisting the devil when he does.

Reactions: Cassandra

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan is defeated in that sin shall not have dominion over the believer's life any more now that Jesus Christ is in us, but that does not negate the devil's temptations from trying for why we are not to sow to the works of the flesh but to the fruits of the Spirit looking to the author & finisher of our faith to help us lay aside every weight & sin daily in continuing to submit to God in resisting the devil when he does.

Hello Christ4me,

That is where I disagree, people still give credit to someone who has had his head crushed in, and all enemies place beneath the Lord Jesus Christ feet, according to the Bible.

My encouragement would be to take look at the book of James you will learn that you completely alone are responsible for your own relationship with God individually, and that your flesh is the one that enticed by its own lust that is when sin is conceived.

Because of this, it comes from our own temptations : not the devil; James 2:13-27.

Though if you desire to believe that the devil, Satan is still alive you are allowed to do that freely in Christ name.

Thank you for sharing your insights, you are right in that we need to trust in Jesus to overcome the darkness, and he is the only light of mankind to save the soul from the pits of darkness that resides in us.

Jesus burns out the darkness in which people come to God and are allowed to freely worship in spirit and in truth. That because of believing in the name of the Son of God they are able to have communication with God freely in and through the death, burial; and resurrection, which the Gospel of Christ is encompassed with his whole life story.

To be set from the bondage of sin and death; and live freely in the spirit of Christ and the Holy Spirit that has been given to us by God himself to have love for God first and love others.

(I personally take my stance on what I have stated when it comes to what I’ve shared in the original post. You can believe those scriptures as they are true or they not. It is totally anyone’s free choice to go out searching.)

My encouragement brothers and sisters in Christ is to seek out God and seek out the Answers. Why would these scriptures even be here if they are not important and of high interest anyway?

Are they true statements?
Have they truly happened? I believe so personally though no one has to agree with me at all.
The Bible says the devil has been defeated and cast into the lake of fire already?

God bless any and all,

Humbly, in Christ,
Matthew Gallagher

Last edited:

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Christ4me,

That is where I disagree, people still give credit to someone who has had his head crushed in, and all enemies place beneath the Lord Jesus Christ feet, according to the Bible.

Scripture disagrees with how you are applying those scripture to mean regarding the defeat of Satan to that degree as if the devil does not tempt any one or mess with anyone.

I agree that we can be our own downfall when sowing to the works of the flesh in reaping corruption or entertaining desires that can lead us to commit sin, but we have shown you scripture in the N.T. for why, not every trial is our fault.

We do have that sinful nature, that old man that is our corruptible flesh, that infirmity in the flesh, that can be still present if we allow it to be present and then there is also the devil if we yield to him rather than resisting the devil by submitting to God for help to make him flee from us.

I agree that we are to look to Jesus for help to cast down wicked imaginations and think on good things as well as lead us away from temptation and provide the escape we need from that temptation, but there are times when the devil will go full bore on someone and it will seem strange to the believer as if undergoing a fiery trial and can even tempt sinners & carnal Christians to put that believer in that fiery trial. Course, either way, believers are to go to Jesus Christ for help to not return evil for evil or avenge themselves when the devil gets a grip on that anger to seek it.

Ephesians 3:26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: 27 Neither give place to the devil.

1 Peter 4:12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: 13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy. 14 If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified. 15 But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters. 16 Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.

Yes, the devil is defeated with Jesus Christ in us for we are saved, but we still need to go to Jesus Christ in times of need, especially when we are tempted and it is for us in those times f need was why this was written below whether it be of our own folly or the devil coming after us .

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do. 14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. 15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

So align the scripture about Satan's defeat with the rest of the truth in scripture because you are not rightly dividing the word of truth in this way.

Of course, as I do and everybody else, we need the Lord's help to do that too.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ4me,

Thank you for taking time in sharing your viewpoint.

In love to you as a brother,
Matthew Gallagher

The original post has all the scriptures pertaining to and for the defeat of Satan. No one has to believe my stance on it.

My encouragement would be to anyone who desires to know about the scriptures and the truth about them, is to seek out the ones shared here with you in the first post.

However you desire to believe that Jesus has not had the total victory over sin, death, the grave, hell, and Satan and his demons you may freely believe so in Christ name.

My desire is to believe in what the Bible says about Jesus having had the victory over the Devil, and Satan, the false prophet and the beast as it were in casting them into the lake of fire forever and ever. The Bible says it, so therefore I believe that Jesus has the victory for all people in 70ad, in which ushered in the new covenant where people no longer have to worship materially or have someone over them in their faith.

Because their faith is between them and God himself. Though we share with others and encourage Christ.

No one has to believe me.

Is this not what the Bible suggest in the supreme way that Jesus has conquered over the previously mention things and now people freely choose to worship God in spirit and in truth?

And those who freely choose to go down dark paths, God will give them over to what they desire if they do not desire him, but it will be their own down fall for going away from God (reminded of Jonah)?

In love,
Matthew Gallagher

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
However you desire to believe that Jesus has not had the total victory over sin, death, the grave, hell, and Satan and his demons you may freely believe so in Christ name.

I do not deny the victory Christ has done in having saved us when we had believed in Him nor that sin has no more dominion over our lives unless we allow it by sowing to the works of the flesh, but Satan can have influenced over a saved believer, especially if they believe the lie of that they can receive what they believe to be the Holy Spirit again apart from salvation after a sign.

Paul talks about this falling away from the faith in these later days.

1 Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

Paul says this was to occur in droves in the latter days before Christ comes to gather the saints unto Him for why many will not be ready as found abiding in Him & be left behind.

2 Thessalonians 2:1Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, 2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. 3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first.......

Paul goes on to share that this iniquity that caises the falling away from the faith in droves in the latter days was happening even in his day.

7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

Then he began to explain this supernatural phenomenon as being of Satan.

9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Then Paul reminds believers of the traditions taught of us that we had received the sanctification of the Spirit & the belief of the truth at the calling of the gospel thus testifying against the lie in verses 9-12 because there is no more receiving the Holy Spirit again after a sign after salvation.

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: 14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

In the Book of Job, Satan could not do anything without God's permission and for that I point to you in how and why he is defeated more so in the New Testament because we are saved since having believed in Jesus Christ, but if a believer believes the lie that they can receive the Holy Spirit still after salvation, then God will permit that strong delusion of the devil to occur by having the restraining power of the holy Spirit taken out of the way while these wayward believers suffer a thief to break through and cause them to lose self control & fall.

They are at risk of being excommunicated from the Marriage Supper when the Bridegroom comes for being out to the market seeking to be filled with oil, Matthew 25:1-13, thus left behind as cast into the bed of the coming great tribulation when they will die, but their spirts will be with the Lord in Heaven ( 2 Corinthians 5:7-11 ) waiting for their resurrection after the great tribulation as vessels unto dishonor in His House, vessels of wood & earth, 2 Timothy 2:20, in serving the King of kings on earth in raising up future generations during the 100 year reign of Christ. Revelation 20:1-6

Revelation 2:18 And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass; 19 I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first. 20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not. 22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. 23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works. 24 But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden. 25 But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.

So Satan can still mess with believers; seeking whom he may devour when their eyes are off of the Son but on the Spirit in worship for how and why any believers go astray when seducing spirits come in making them think that was the Holy Spirit and so the spotlight is more focus on the spirit and their visitations rather than honoring the Father in worship by only honoring the Son as that is the only way to honor the Father by.

1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. 8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: 9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 10:1Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

John 5:22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: 23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

I ask you to align your message with the scriptures provided here because those are N.T. scriptures testifying that the devil can still mess with us, but because Jesus Christ is in us, we can resist the devil and He will flee from us as we trust Him to keep us from falling under their influence any more.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ4me,

Thank you again, I did not read everything.

In love,
Matthew G.

Hello to you reader,

If anyone desires to do a study in the scripture about the defeat of Satan the posted scriptures are found in post one.

What you decide to believe is up to you.

I believe the devil has had his head crushed in, having been done away with, according to the scriptures. Cast in to the lake of fire, created for the devil and his angels.

Thank you,
Humbly in Christ,
Matthew Gallagher

Last edited:

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stumpmaster,

Thank you for taking time to share all of the scripture here with others that pertain to the devil, Satan.

Decided to talk to the guy on the side of the venue and started asking him questions. “If the Bible declares the defeat of Satan, why do you talk about him as though he is alive?”

He and his friend responded Satan is defeated but he is still walking around seeking who he can devour, and also he brought up about how we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but principalities and darkness.

in love,
Matthew Gallagher
The Bible says Satan is defeated within the context of the fact that Jesus qualified to replace him as ruler of this world. What it clearly doesn't say is that Satan has stopped trying to take as many people as he can with him once the time comes for him to face judgement for everything he has done.

If Satan was no longer responsible for anything people do after Jesus' crucifixion, Jesus wouldn't have had to pray to the Father to protect His already existing followers and future followers from Satan in Jhn. 17. Until the time comes for Jesus to return, Satan will still be allowed to rule and deceive this world.

The Day of Atonement festival drives this point home. In this festival, the high priest was required to lay hands on the goat God chose to bear the sins of the people and a chosen man was supposed to lead it away into the wilderness. It was God's way of reminding Satan of his future(Rev. 20:1-3, Jude 1:13, Matt. 25:31) and the fact that God ultimately holds him responsible for the existence of sin. People don't understand these things because they don't keep all of the commanded festivals like they're supposed to.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Consider this reader,

Many people in this world still believe Satan is alive and active today. If you would simply ask yourself, who, what, when, why, where, how, in the addressing of scripture your mind may open to new information.

Think about this, when Paul encouraged Timothy to publicly read scripture in 1 Timothy. Did you know this notion of scripture is not the New Testament?

It was in reference to the Old Testament canon that he was to teach, not the the New Testament.

As this for an example through out scripture the talk about the defeat of Satan is found in the context as you read along, ever since the beginning of GENESIS.

Now this is the scripture pertaining to the defeat of Satan,

Genesis 3:15
Luke 4:13
John 12:30
John 12:31
John 14:30
2 Thessalonians 2:8
Hebrews 2:14
1 John 3:8
Revelation 20:10

Done and defeated, away from ever reigning over the earth again.

With this what still exists? The same thing that tempted the fallen Angel when he made the free Will choice to deny God…

What is that? Darkness.

Darkness existed before light was created. God was in the midst of the darkness, the earth was yet to be created and the hilt spirit hovering above the waters.

Many people place blame on Satan but if you come truly come to realization the Bible is true in his defeat the quicker you will be free in truth to walk in Christ.

The only thing we battle against is our own temptations that come from our own mind/heart even flesh James 1:13-14.

Every single person is responsible for themselves in their own choices. There is no blaming Satan anymore. It’s pointing the finger at your own self in the mirror.

Coming to the reality that you are imperfect and have problems and are in need of a savior and the grace of God and the Lord Jesus Christ come into your life the more you all them to and the Holy Spirit is what is active as you live in this life…

The darkness yes all of us wrestle it, our heart - soul (mind/will/emotion) is filled with darkness until you open the door and allow Jesus to light up a fire to clear that darkness out, he will hold it back for you and give you a more fulfilling spiritual life.

In love,
Matthew Gallagher
(An imperfect human being, saved by the grace of God in faith of the Lord Jesus Christ who died, buried, and raised again).

You are mistaken. Revelation is clear- Rev 16, with 3 inspired expressions from satans side, He misleads EVERY kingdom( govt, armies, supporters) to stand in opposition to Gods king at Har-mageddon,( Rev 19:11 and on is the result) this occurs after the tribulation. Neither have occurred yet. Then Jesus captures satan and abysses him for 1000 years. Then he is loosed for a little while and many follow him to be destroyed. Rev 20:7-10--Then Gods kingdom is in full control forever. There is 0 doubt this satan ruled system is going full force. He knows the time is at hand.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible says Satan is defeated within the context of the fact that Jesus qualified to replace him as ruler of this world. What it clearly doesn't say is that Satan has stopped trying to take as many people as he can with him once the time comes for him to face judgement for everything he has done.

If Satan was no longer responsible for anything people do after Jesus' crucifixion, Jesus wouldn't have had to pray to the Father to protect His already existing followers and future followers from Satan in Jhn. 17. Until the time comes for Jesus to return, Satan will still be allowed to rule and deceive this world.

The Day of Atonement festival drives this point home. In this festival, the high priest was required to lay hands on the goat God chose to bear the sins of the people and a chosen man was supposed to lead it away into the wilderness. It was God's way of reminding Satan of his future(Rev. 20:1-3, Jude 1:13, Matt. 25:31) and the fact that God ultimately holds him responsible for the existence of sin. People don't understand these things because they don't keep all of the commanded festivals like they're supposed to.

Hello DOAN,

Thank you for sharing your insight.

Everyone is welcome to their own point of view, and please feel free to express your thoughts if you would like to with all here.

In the kindness of Christ,
Matthew Gallagher

You are mistaken. Revelation is clear- Rev 16, with 3 inspired expressions from satans side, He misleads EVERY kingdom( govt, armies, supporters) to stand in opposition to Gods king at Har-mageddon,( Rev 19:11 and on is the result) this occurs after the tribulation. Neither have occurred yet. Then Jesus captures satan and abysses him for 1000 years. Then he is loosed for a little while and many follow him to be destroyed. Rev 20:7-10--Then Gods kingdom is in full control forever. There is 0 doubt this satan ruled system is going full force. He knows the time is at hand.

Hello Keiw,

Thank you for sharing your insights.

In the kindness of Christ,
Matthew Gallagher

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Stumpmaster,

in love,
Matthew Gallagher
If logic and linguistics are ignored confusion results, so that a defeated foe is erroneously declared to be dead, inanimate, and non-existent.

This erroneous declaration contradicts Biblical prophecy of present and future interactions with Satan prior to his casting into the Lake of Fire, and those that adhere to such contradictions are not to be considered Bible-believers.

Rev 20:7-10 Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison (8) and will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea. (9) They went up on the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. And fire came down from God out of heaven and devoured them. (10) The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If logic and linguistics are ignored confusion results, so that a defeated foe is erroneously declared to be dead, inanimate, and non-existent.

This erroneous declaration contradicts Biblical prophecy of present and future interactions with Satan prior to his casting into the Lake of Fire, and those that adhere to such contradictions are not to be considered Bible-believers.

Rev 20:7-10 Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison (8) and will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea. (9) They went up on the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. And fire came down from God out of heaven and devoured them. (10) The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Hello stumpmaster,

Yes I believe that this has happened.

if people don’t believe me it’s fine too, I believe in the complete victory of Jesus Christ.

The Bible declares the defeat of Satan. Why shouldn’t it be true considering Jesus has had the victory.

What ever you decide to believe is up to you reader,

Jesus was coming soon in that day in age, to even take care of an vacate the devil by casting Him out of this world.

I don’t believe in futurism, if you do that is fine, and you may feel free to share your understanding if you like to.

Thank you,
In love;
Matthew Gallagher