Stop blaming Satan, scripture for study

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Waiting on him,

Yes, amen. This is why I’m thankful for the total victory in Christ Jesus. Who conquered over sin, Satan and his demons, death, hell, the grave, even separation from God as Gods word, for three days, then resurrected.

(When it comes to the after life, all people will be resurrected and because of Jesus and his victory all are welcome still to come to know him maybe even after this life who died, who resurrect outside of the kingdom.)

The more I realize this this more freer life seem to become, though through making mistakes, the more assurance always seems to arrive at the totality now of what Jesus had really done.

No individual on earth has done more than the Son of God of the God of Israel, in the fulfilment of conquering over all.

in love,
Matthew Gallagher
@MatthewG 1 Corinthians 15.57 says: "But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ."

And it follows that we can therefore be 'always abounding in the work of the Lord' (v.58), which is 'not in vain in the Lord').

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Consider this reader,

Many people in this world still believe Satan is alive and active today. If you would simply ask yourself, who, what, when, why, where, how, in the addressing of scripture your mind may open to new information.

Think about this, when Paul encouraged Timothy to publicly read scripture in 1 Timothy. Did you know this notion of scripture is not the New Testament?

It was in reference to the Old Testament canon that he was to teach, not the the New Testament.

As this for an example through out scripture the talk about the defeat of Satan is found in the context as you read along, ever since the beginning of GENESIS.

Now this is the scripture pertaining to the defeat of Satan,

Genesis 3:15
Luke 4:13
John 12:30
John 12:31
John 14:30
2 Thessalonians 2:8
Hebrews 2:14
1 John 3:8
Revelation 20:10

Done and defeated, away from ever reigning over the earth again.

With this what still exists? The same thing that tempted the fallen Angel when he made the free Will choice to deny God…

What is that? Darkness.

Darkness existed before light was created. God was in the midst of the darkness, the earth was yet to be created and the hilt spirit hovering above the waters.

Many people place blame on Satan but if you come truly come to realization the Bible is true in his defeat the quicker you will be free in truth to walk in Christ.

The only thing we battle against is our own temptations that come from our own mind/heart even flesh James 1:13-14.

Every single person is responsible for themselves in their own choices. There is no blaming Satan anymore. It’s pointing the finger at your own self in the mirror.

Coming to the reality that you are imperfect and have problems and are in need of a savior and the grace of God and the Lord Jesus Christ come into your life the more you all them to and the Holy Spirit is what is active as you live in this life…

The darkness yes all of us wrestle it, our heart - soul (mind/will/emotion) is filled with darkness until you open the door and allow Jesus to light up a fire to clear that darkness out, he will hold it back for you and give you a more fulfilling spiritual life.

In love,
Matthew Gallagher
(An imperfect human being, saved by the grace of God in faith of the Lord Jesus Christ who died, buried, and raised again).

No, Mathew, Look at Ephesians 2. Who is the prince of the power of the air?

2 And you were dead in the trespasses and sins 2 in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience— 3 among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the bodyand the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind.

And Romans 16:20 The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet.

And 1 Peter 5:8 Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 9 Resist him, standing firm in the faith,

And Acts 5:3 Then Peter said, “Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit

And 1 Cor 7 Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.

And James 4:7 Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

And Ephesians 6:10 10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God,so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

And there are many more I’ve not listed.
Satan does appeal to our flesh, but it’s a mistake to think he does not prowl around us at all, hissing lies, attacking our trust.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Satan is dead to me.

Praise God, there is no reason to fear someone who is dead, and no longer around anymore.

(I wrestle my flesh vs the spirit: Galatians 5).
(Darkness or Light you choose.)

In love,
Matthew Gallagher

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I think it is the Jesuits that teach Satan no longer exists.
@Abigail They have a profound knowledge of politics and influence and of how the world works.

But I am reminded of the words of the Lord Jesus:

"Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me." (John 14.30)

Reactions: Abigail

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Done and defeated, away from ever reigning over the earth again.

If Satan were defeated in the sense of him having no capacity to deceive the world any longer....then there would be one bible, one denomination, and one gospel being preached.

If Satan was not doing what he does then their would be no UNBELIEF< and everyone on earth would BELIEVE in Jesus.

As you can see, He's been a busy boy, especially in these last days just before the Grt Trib Starts.

Abigail

Jan 29, 2022
Brookside
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Abigail They have a profound knowledge of politics and influence and of how the world works.

But I am reminded of the words of the Lord Jesus:

"Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me." (John 14.30)

Good verse. :) Satan still exists was my point. I was trying to get a bead on the OP's perspective in offering that information about Jesuits.
They too don't think Satan exists anymore.

Reactions: farouk

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whatever you choose to believe is up to you.

I believe that the Bible is true and that Jesus has had the total victory.

Some people do not believe Jesus has overcome Satan and his angels when he clear talks about them himself. Please be encouraged to read your Bible friends and be encouraged to challenge yourself to test if it is true.

The scriptures in the original post are to point you via defeat.

Satan has been defeated to me.

There is no longer any reason to fear because Jesus overcame him and crushed his head in, the the devil was thrown in the lake of fire, to be there forever.

That is what I have to share from what the Bible talks about, when it comes to the victory of Christ, over Sin, Satan and his demons, the grave, hell, death, and allows all people to come free to the light or choose the darkness.

God will allow any one to make their choice in which they rather serve a true and living God, or not to.

There only remains darkness and light.

The more light - the more drawing nearer to God

The more dark - drawing away from God, rejecting him, obfuscation.

in love,
Matthew Gallagher

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, Mathew, Look at Ephesians 2. Who is the prince of the power of the air?

2 And you were dead in the trespasses and sins 2 in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience— 3 among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the bodyand the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind.

And Romans 16:20 The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet.

And 1 Peter 5:8 Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 9 Resist him, standing firm in the faith,

And Acts 5:3 Then Peter said, “Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit

And 1 Cor 7 Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.

And James 4:7 Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

And Ephesians 6:10 10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God,so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

And there are many more I’ve not listed.
Satan does appeal to our flesh, but it’s a mistake to think he does not prowl around us at all, hissing lies, attacking our trust.

I thought of 2 more.

1 Cor 5:5 hand this man over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved on the day of the Lord.

2 Cor 12:7
even though I have received such wonderful revelations from God. So to keep me from becoming proud, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger from Satan to torment me and keep me from becoming proud.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Whatever you choose to believe is up to you.

I believe that the Bible is true and that Jesus has had the total victory.

Some people do not believe Jesus has overcome Satan and his angels when he clear talks about them himself. Please be encouraged to read your Bible friends and be encouraged to challenge yourself to test if it is true.

The scriptures in the original post are to point you via defeat.

Satan has been defeated to me.

There is no longer any reason to fear because Jesus overcame him and crushed his head in, the the devil was thrown in the lake of fire, to be there forever.

That is what I have to share from what the Bible talks about, when it comes to the victory of Christ, over Sin, Satan and his demons, the grave, hell, death, and allows all people to come free to the light or choose the darkness.

God will allow any one to make their choice in which they rather serve a true and living God, or not to.

There only remains darkness and light.

The more light - the more drawing nearer to God

The more dark - drawing away from God, rejecting him, obfuscation.

in love,
Matthew Gallagher
Hi @MatthewG We still wrestle not against flesh and blood...(Ephesians 6)...and we need to use the whole armour of God in the spiritual conflict. Even while we know that the Lord Jesus has gained the victory at the cross (1 Corinthians 15.57).

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought of 2 more.

1 Cor 5:5 hand this man over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved on the day of the Lord.

2 Cor 12:7
even though I have received such wonderful revelations from God. So to keep me from becoming proud, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger from Satan to torment me and keep me from becoming proud.

Stunnedbygrace,

Thank you for sharing all the scripture about the devil, I did not read all of them.

As I have stated before and if anyone believes me or not. Satan has been defeated (in my view point of him now).

In the book of James it is indicated that we of our individual self when we are enticed by whatever type of lust it is sin.

Im responsible for my attitude towards any given person at any given time. If I will talk good about then or negative, or mock, or scourge, or whatever you can think of, all of us are individually responsible for our Love for God and our love for Other people.

There are two choices, that is the light and the darkness.

Serve God in love by putting him first, with the Lord Jesus as the head, and having love for others, praying and seeking to help if needed by the Holy Spirit, and sometimes our flesh will come up and we may fall down or hit our toe on the wall. Though it may bring us down for a moment that doesn’t stop us from having connection from God. With connection with God we can pray and tell him everything that is going on with us from the smallest frustrations to the biggest yet give thanks to him for life and the newness of life by the spirit and being saved by grace through faith having a God who truly loves and cares about you.

Humbly thank you,
In love in Christ, Matthew Gallagher

Hi @MatthewG We still wrestle not against flesh and blood...(Ephesians 6)...and we need to use the whole armour of God in the spiritual conflict. Even while we know that the Lord Jesus has gained the victory at the cross (1 Corinthians 15.57).
Farouk,

Thank you for your encouraging scripture my friend Farouk, reading the Bible is a good thing to do.

Humbly,
In love in Christ,
Matthew Gallagher

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Galatians 5, Romans 6, Romans 7, Romans 8, Colossians 3, Philippians, 1 Corinthians.

So much knowledge and growth from learning the word, be encouraged to get in and read.

God bless you,
Matthew Gallagher

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for sharing all the scripture about the devil, I did not read all of them.

It helps some people to know what or who our enemies are and what their strategies are. The world, the flesh and the devil are our enemies. They are Gods enemies too. They all work in concert against God.

The world, for instance, says I must save at least a million dollars for retirement or I will be eating cat food in my old age. I fight the world by rejecting what it says and insisting on what God says - do not worry about what the world worries about because God knows what I need.

My flesh also wants to attach to what the world says because my flesh wants comfort and ease instead of whatever God sends me, especially if what He sends me is not over abundance and great ease.

Satan then comes and says, you’re an idiot, God doesn’t want you to live with so little, and you should start worrying and trying to find a way to amass a million dollars or He will say to you in old age, you took no care for your retirement or for saving money, so now you will spend old age in a tent in the woods. So what satan mostly does is says, did God REALLY mean to take no care for tomorrow…?

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As stated before you may believe how you will believe.

From my perspective people have liberty in Christ to believe what they do.

The truth about Satan is that he has been defeated by the Lord Jesus Christ, no, he is no longer working anymore. Satans head has been crushed.

Given a soul since birth (heart/mind/freewill/emotion).

All and each are responsible before God, alone.

The voice of our flesh is the one who calls ourselves stupid for the flesh hates anything to do with faith. The spirit is willing and the flesh is weak, therefore to overcome some of the flesh is to grow in faith in trusting Jesus Christ.

I use to call my self stupid, worthless, no good, better off dead, and I also use to cause darkness towards others by my hatred, greed, anger, cause then harm instead of encouragement in which comes from the goodness of God in and through Christ.

It was never Satan. To know your enemy it is to look at ourselves in the mirror, knowing this flesh hates faith, which is to fulfill the royal law.

The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. (Romans 8:7)

“If, indeed, royal law ye complete, according to the Writing, ‘Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself,’ — ye do well;

and if ye accept persons, sin ye do work, being convicted by the law as transgressors; for whoever the whole law shall keep, and shall stumble in one [point],

he hath become guilty of all; for He who is saying, ‘Thou mayest not commit adultery,’ said also, ‘Thou mayest do no murder;’

and if thou shalt not commit adultery, and shalt commit murder,

thou hast become a transgressor of law; so speak ye and so do, as about by a law of liberty to be judged,

for the judgment without kindness [is] to him not having done kindness, and exult doth kindness over judgment.”
‭‭James‬ ‭2:8-13‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

God bless, and take care everyone stay safe,
Matthew Gallagher

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay. I’ll just leave you alone. You’re right, you’re free to believe whatever you want to believe and free to try to teach whatever you want to teach.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only thing we battle against is our own temptations that come from our own mind/heart even flesh James 1:13-14.

Every single person is responsible for themselves in their own choices. There is no blaming Satan anymore. It’s pointing the finger at your own self in the mirror.

Although we can be at fault when making provision for the flesh and sowing to the flesh, even entertaining sinful thoughts in our minds, that is not to say that there are not times when we need to resist the devil.

James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello to you reader,

Thank you for everyone who commented and participated in this thread.

Hope that each and all of you continue to stay rooted in Christ as the head, the victor, overcomer of all things; Sin, Satan and his demons, the grave, hell, and separation from God.

Jesus Christ is the king of kings and lord of lords, he is the one who has redeemed all mankind back unto the Father by his shed blood, burial and resurrection. Connection with God is an important in your relationship to and with him.

May any one reading be encouraged to draw near to God and he will draw near to you, and fully trust in the victory of Christ, and never take my word for anything.

See what the Bible has to say about it!

In love,
Be encouraged,
Matthew Gallagher

Reactions: Christ4Me

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
SPOILER: FAITH ALONE IS DEAD

You do know that James was referring to Abraham's faith in God to provide, right?

Genesis 22:7 And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering? 8 And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

13 And Abraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold behind him a ram caught in a thicket by his horns: and Abraham went and took the ram, and offered him up for a burnt offering in the stead of his son. 14 And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovahjireh: as it is said to this day, In the mount of the Lord it shall be seen.

That is the faith James was referring to that requires works; as in leading by example; not faith in Jesus Christ for salvation which is without works.

James was rebuking the church for sharing their faith in God to provide to the poor without meeting their immediate needs of those poor that were about to perish from the element and starvation from the bounty collected at church service. It is the church's faith in God to provide being issued to the poor that will not profit the poor nor save the poor, seeing the church's faith is dead without leading by example.

It is understandable for why many read James verses out of context thinking it applies also to the faith in Jesus Christ for salvation, but no. When reading verse 14, one should do so in context.

James 2:14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, 16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? 17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. 19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. 20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? 22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? 23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God. 24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

So the church nor man is not justified nor righteous when sharing faith in God to provide to the poor if the church nor that believer cares to lead by example to the poor by meeting the immediate needs of the poor with what God had provided for them.

It is the church's faith in God to provide that is dead in the eyes of the poor for why the church's faith in God to provide to the poor, will not profit the poor nor save the poor from the elements or starvation when the church does not care to lead by example.

James was never talking about the faith in Jesus Christ for salvation as if needing works, because James was rebuking the church for getting out of helping the poor by callously sharing their faith in God to provide to the poor without meeting the immediate needs of the poor that were perishing.

Paul testifies to faith in Jesus Christ in salvation which is without works for why believing in Jesus Christ for salvation is the Good News for man.

Titus 3:4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, 5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; 6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; 7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Romans 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

Romans 4:1What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found? 2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God. 3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. 4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. 5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.