• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s right.

And that’s the point in scriptures. Not the other way around, the view that the practicing of righteousness or the doing of righteous works makes one righteous. Rather, he who practices righteousness shows that he is righteous.

Now who are the righteous?

Tong
R2579

Those who do what is righteous (1 John 3:7).

They are made righteous (Romans 5:19) because of faith (Romans 1:17) from beginning to end.

They do righteousness because they are righteous.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And why do you say they are the righteous?

Tong
R2589
Easy, they have been imputed (given an advance credit/down payment) the righteous of Christ. The Father see their spiritually derived works and heart AS Christ's...righteous. They do have the spirit of Christ within them...

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Easy, they have been imputed (given an advance credit/down payment) the righteous of Christ. The Father see their spiritually derived works and heart AS Christ's...righteous. They do have the spirit of Christ within them...
Spirit of Christ.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
That’s right.

And that’s the point in scriptures. Not the other way around, the view that the practicing of righteousness or the doing of righteous works makes one righteous. Rather, he who practices righteousness shows that he is righteous.

Now who are the righteous?
Those who do what is righteous (1 John 3:7).

They are made righteous (Romans 5:19) because of faith (Romans 1:17) from beginning to end.

They do righteousness because they are righteous.
Q: Now who are the righteous?

You said: Those who do what is righteous.

It’s like me asking who are basketball players and your answer is those who play basketball.

So again, who are the righteous?

Tong
R2590

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Enjoy your day ;)

Job 15:12, Why doth thine heart carry thee away? and what do thy eyes wink at,

Psa 35:19, Let not them that are mine enemies wrongfully rejoice over me: neither let them wink with the eye that hate me without a cause.

Pro 10:10, He that winketh with the eye causeth sorrow: but a prating fool shall fall.

Pro 6:13, He winketh with his eyes, he speaketh with his feet, he teacheth with his fingers;

Q: Now who are the righteous?

You said: Those who do what is righteous.

It’s like me asking who are basketball players and your answer is those who play basketball.

So again, who are the righteous?

Tong
R2590

I already answered that question.

Jhn 9:27, He answered them, I have told you already, and ye did not hear: wherefore would ye hear it again? will ye also be his disciples?

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
And why do you say they are the righteous?
Yes an easy question. Thank you for your answer.

The point is, they are righteous because of Christ, and of themselves.

Tong
R2591

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Job 15:12, Why doth thine heart carry thee away? and what do thy eyes wink at,

Psa 35:19, Let not them that are mine enemies wrongfully rejoice over me: neither let them wink with the eye that hate me without a cause.

Pro 10:10, He that winketh with the eye causeth sorrow: but a prating fool shall fall.

Pro 6:13, He winketh with his eyes, he speaketh with his feet, he teacheth with his fingers;
I see you are trying to be cute here with this immature response, as you listed scripture that incorporates my ending 'wink' I posted to you. I suggest you then translate each one and explain why it applies to me so I can understand your thinking and also see if you understand these scripture passages you threw out at me.

And I believe you really know why I ended my post the way I did. Right?!

APAK

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see you are trying to be cute here with this immature response, as you listed scripture that incorporates my ending 'wink' I posted to you. I suggest you then translate each one and explain why it applies to me so I can understand your thinking and also see if you understand these scripture passages you threw out at me.

No need to translate what is already in the English language.

And I believe you really know why I ended my post the way I did. Right?!

I can only think that it is because you disagree with me.