2,000 Years of Believing a "Lie" Does Not Make it True.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter told us, that because "there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction." 2 Peter 2:1

Paul told us, that "The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness." 2 Thessalonians 2:9-12

And Paul also told us that "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work." 2 Timothy 3:16-17

And yet it is apparent that few have taken any of it serious, not expecting the certainty that what has been taught within the church has been corrupted, but instead act as if it has not and that the foretold "lie" is actually the truth, and therefore there is no need for correction, when it not only should have been expected and necessary on an equally grand scale and should have been taught as such.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are many people out there today, that just see Jesus as a myth, or that he was a good person, or a good teacher. However, they have no relationship with having fellowship with Yahava, and the Lord. They continue to walk and try to find contentment by and through worldly means as opposed to the spiritual. While I do agree with the written word being profitable, and for great use in spiritual fortifying a individual in truths of what it does speak, people should be cautious if they make 'demands' on others and what they 'need to believe' in order to be right with Yahava if it leads to 'hating,' or even in the sense 'being mocking or abusive, or even shaming others.'

Anyway Scott, those were some of my initial thoughts that just came to mind which was decided to be written down, going back into my room and sitting on the bed to read, went to Revelation and seen this which relates to your topic.

This was going on in that day, when they tested those who said they were 'apostles' and they found out they were false. It is interesting to me cause from my perspective my consideration of the written letter is before the destruction of Jerusalem prior to Jesus and his foretelling in 30Ad, of it.

Screenshot 2023-09-24 at 4.33.10 PM.png

John is writing what Jesus is saying then in that time of how Jesus saw them and telling them what they were doing wrong, or rightly. Jesus was not revealed to this information until after ascension.

Reactions: ScottA

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter told us, that because "there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction." 2 Peter 2:1

Paul told us, that "The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness." 2 Thessalonians 2:9-12

And Paul also told us that "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for

[c]instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work." 2 Timothy 3:16-17

And yet it is apparent that few have taken any of it serious, not expecting the certainty that what has been taught within the church has been corrupted, but instead act as if it has not and that the foretold "lie" is actually the truth, and therefore there is no need for correction, when it not only should have been expected and necessary on an equally grand scale and should have been taught as such.
What is " the LIE" ?
False prophets? False Christs?

• Wow
Reactions: Wrangler

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is " the LIE" ?
Hi Lamb,

Not to burden you, false prophetz and false christs where predominate in the first century, as people would go to seek out and decive people because the person doing was already deluded in their own mind. They would make false claims of future events that never happen, and so was there also people proclaiming to be the messiah. Even in their own days their were people saying Jesus already come back then, and people decieved who were looking for him, would end up finding false ones. Believe Paul even wrote and said do not believe them for it has not yet to happen, as it did not currently happen in their age yet because the temple was still standing. That temple was destoryed in 70ad, along with 1,000,000 Jewish people, and also (I believe during the tribulation came and got his bride who was faith and they seen him through the clouds coming as they watch and waited faithfully.)

Just desired to share that with you, and for most it is incorrect; all the best in the Lord Yeshua.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew,
I have learned this one thing about life, reasoning together is a way to garner information of others thoughts & beliefs.It rarely is changeable between the participants who hold to beliefs, whether in error or not.

I reject preterism, partial or whole. I am presently looking, for Christ second coming, after the great tribulations, to come in these last days.

I embrace the deity of Jesus as God, the need to repent, confess and BELIEVE on Christ as the propitiation of fallen man's sin nature for salvation.

I fully adhere to the study and hearing of the word of God as our standard to increase our faith, living under the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

In these things we will not be deceived, fooled or lied to about the truth of God's word !

Reactions: knothead and marks

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

I am considering this subject - many lies and many false teachers as we will show - Christianity is already defiled by their teaching. This is a really tough subject for many well meaning believers. It's far from easy being told what you believe is false but as we are seeing Paul does so with many first century believers.

F2F

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew,
I have learned this one thing about life, reasoning together is a way to garner information of others thoughts & beliefs.It rarely is changeable between the participants who hold to beliefs, whether in error or not.

I reject preterism, partial or whole. I am presently looking, for Christ second coming, after the great tribulations, to come in these last days.

I embrace the deity of Jesus as God, the need to repent, confess and BELIEVE on Christ as the propitiation of fallen man's sin nature for salvation.

I fully adhere to the study and hearing of the word of God as our standard to increase our faith, living under the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

In these things we will not be deceived, fooled or lied to about the truth of God's word !

Great, may you be blessed in your studies that you are partaking and may it lead you to always putting God above oneself, and family, and loving your neighbor as yourself. It seems from Genesis to Revelation it is all about - Faith and love. That would even mean to those who (doctrinally disagree with each other.) All the best, to you always, Lamb.

Reactions: marks and L.A.M.B.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is " the LIE" ?

Apparently I need to tread carefully here because so many have become endeared to those "false teachings"--which I should not need to be concerned with for they were foretold. The question then becomes: Now that the church has been led astray, will she also be lead "unto all truth" just as it was also promised, or will she go on to "weeping and gnashing of teeth" as some will undoubtedly do?

But the "lie" which Paul foretold as being the cause of certain "strong delusion" and great apostacy among the church, which has been the suffering of these many generations beginning with that anti-Christ spirit that was "already at work" when the church first began...is the teaching that Jesus would not come "soon" by the Spirit (which is the glory of God) and knocking individually upon the door within--just as Paul confirmed, saying "but each one in his own order", but would instead come in the flesh in one mass event in the distant future after a "gap" in Daniel's prophecy which was not stated as such but was added.

Now, certainly there are points in the scriptures that without understanding many would believe the "lie." Nonetheless, the "lie" was foretold to come and has come; and to deny it is to deny the scriptures also, for these things too are written.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, I'm out. I don't do well with word salads. I live in a black & white thought process; God said it, I believe it, that's it !
Ps; God said it, even if I don't believe it, that's it !

Reactions: knothead and marks

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, I'm . I don't do well with salads. I live in a black & white process; God said , I believe it, it !
Ps; God it, even if I don't it, that's it !

Maybe xx (above) xxxx help. I mean, if you are xxxx going xx believe part of xxxx written... :(

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I am considering this subject - many lies and many false teachers as we will show - Christianity is already defiled by their teaching. This is a really tough subject for many well meaning believers. It's far from easy being told what you believe is false but as we are seeing Paul does so with many first century believers.

F2F

I have given the answer in your thread.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have given the answer in your thread.
Happy for you to continue as I slowly work through 2 Thess 2...which is a more detailed look a the prophecy in mention.
I'll be sure to read through yours also.
F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Apparently I need to tread carefully here because so many have become endeared to those "false teachings"--which I should not need to be concerned with for they were foretold. The question then becomes: Now that the church has been led astray, will she also be lead "unto all truth" just as it was also promised, or will she go on to "weeping and gnashing of teeth" as some will undoubtedly do?

But the "lie" which Paul foretold as being the cause of certain "strong delusion" and great apostacy among the church, which has been the suffering of these many generations beginning with that anti-Christ spirit that was "already at work" when the church first began...is the teaching that Jesus would not come "soon" by the Spirit (which is the glory of God) and knocking individually upon the door within--just as Paul confirmed, saying "but each one in his own order", but would instead come in the flesh in one mass event in the distant future after a "gap" in Daniel's prophecy which was not stated as such but was added.

Now, certainly there are points in the scriptures that without understanding many would believe the "lie." Nonetheless, the "lie" was foretold to come and has come; and to deny it is to deny the scriptures also, for these things too are written.
The majority or the minority Scott?
Who has been affected by this strong delusion? How far reaching have the lies infiltrated the minds of Christians world wide and how does this play into God's grand plan and the Lords return?
I've already laid my cards down in my thread here The Man of Sin identified

I've even provided a comprehensive list of "man-made" doctrines which are lies upon lies and already some have tested their own beliefs against that list and found to be "in danger".

I'll be taking a close eye on this thread and thanks for the invite on mine!

In the Masters Service
F2F

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'll scratch my head to try and garner whatever gemstones you may have hidden here.
You are either brilliant or a sadist.
A magician or a Psychiatrist.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The majority or the minority Scott?
Who has been affected by this strong delusion? How far reaching have the lies infiltrated the minds of Christians world wide and how does this play into God's grand plan and the Lords return?
I've already laid my cards down in my thread here The Man of Sin identified

I've even provided a comprehensive list of "man-made" doctrines which are lies upon lies and already some have tested their own beliefs against that list and found to be "in danger".

I'll be taking a close eye on this thread and thanks for the invite on mine!

In the Masters Service
F2F

With very little exception, all of Christendom has been affected and suffers under the foretold strong delusion.

As for the return of Christ, that is the subject of the "lie" referred to by Paul. The when and how of Jesus' return has been falsely taught since the early days of the church.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll scratch my head to try and garner whatever gemstones you may have hidden here.
You are either brilliant or a sadist.
A magician or a Psychiatrist.

I claim nothing, but find it hard to conceal the truth that has been given to me.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
With very little exception, all of Christendom has been affected and suffers under the foretold strong delusion.

As for the return of Christ, that is the subject of the "lie" referred to by Paul. The when and how of Jesus' return has been falsely taught since the early days of the church.
Okay I accept your first statement as being wholly true!
I'm not sure of the second but happy for you to unpack that in the course of your thread.
I'll put this on my watch list.
Thanks
F2F

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean this is all about the antichrist and he's coming from the 7 hills of Rome, the Vatican or RCC ?
Piecing between your's and F2F' s thread, I'm gathering this.......just WOW.....lol
I'm not Catholic, JW, Mormon, Baptists, SDA, Church of Christ, Methodist, Episcopal , Lutheran,Presbyterian, Holiness, ect....NONE.I was in the Pentecostal arena in my early yrs. Now I live only by the word & Spirit of God.
I really thought there was going to be some great revelation of some unknown mystery that only a few might know.
Pooh, I'm deflated and taking my ball & bat and going home.

Reactions: face2face

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You mean this is all about the antichrist and he's coming from the 7 hills of Rome, the Vatican or RCC ?
Piecing between your's and F2F' s thread, I'm gathering this.......just WOW.....lol
I'm not Catholic, JW, Mormon, Baptists, SDA, Church of Christ, Methodist, Episcopal , Lutheran,Presbyterian, Holiness, ect....NONE.I was in the Pentecostal arena in my early yrs. Now I live only by the word & Spirit of God.
I really thought there was going to be some great revelation of some unknown mystery that only a few might know.
Pooh, I'm deflated and taking my ball & bat and going home.
You forgot to mention all the daughters....don't run off so quickly! Also you seem to assume you have not drunk from her cup?
Let's see shall we?

Last edited:

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Lets consider the gravity of this verse!

not to be quickly shaken in mind or alarmed, either by a spirit or a spoken word, or a letter seeming to be from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come 2 Th 2:2.

The adversary (false accuser, Judaism) was in full force undermining the faith of churches (crept in unawares!) their faith and trust in God and Jesus Christ to the point they had been shaken in mind.

How many people today claim to be a Spirit-gifted believer and purport to know the times and seasons (until tested)!

1 John 4:1: "Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world".

Peter (Acts 5:1-11) was able to "try the spirits" with Ananias and Sapphira found them to have a show of faith.

F2F