Struggling with gay thoughts

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
31 year old male and recently i've been struggling with gay/bi thoughts please keep me in prayer feels like I don't have anyone to really talk to about this

Hi Mra291,
Welcome to CB! I have inboxed you...

Reactions: BarneyFife

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
31 year old male and recently i've been struggling with gay/bi thoughts please keep me in prayer feels like I don't have anyone to really talk to about this
God having chosen to burden you with such thoughts, says that He considers you capable to discern--to stand with Him and what you have learned from Him.

If you believe that God has laid out the truth, and you receive it, you are in a position like many who face temptations...which are different, but includes us all to some extent. Yours is surely a big one.

So then, if small temptation are overcome by His strength and guidance, so are larger temptations. Either way, you are not alone--and it is He who is capable to deliver you to that safe place of His vision for you--which is His kingdom...which He intends to give to you.

Stay close. He will deliver.

Reactions: Taken and Nancy

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God having chosen to burden you with such thoughts, says that He considers you capable to discern--to stand with Him and what you have learned from Him.

If you believe that God has laid out the truth, and you receive it, you are in a position like many who face temptations...which are different, but includes us all to some extent. Yours is surely a big one.

So then, if small temptation are overcome by His strength and guidance, so are larger temptations. Either way, you are not alone--and it is He who is capable to deliver you to that safe place of His vision for you--which is His kingdom...which He intends to give to you.

Stay close. He will deliver.
James 1:13
'Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:'

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You are correct Q.T.! But God WILL allow Satan to tempt us...Job?
God allows because there is freewill amongst his creatures. There is rape and war, there is every evil imaginable and unimaginable while this age exists. We as believers live by faith in the hope that this age has a use by date which is rapidly drawing to a close....a hope where exploitation and suffering and every form of dysfunction will cease.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God allows because there is freewill amongst his creatures. There is rape and war, there is every evil imaginable and unimaginable while this age exists. We as believers live by faith in the hope that this age has a use by date which is rapidly drawing to a close....a hope where exploitation and suffering and every form of dysfunction will cease.

"We as believers live by faith in the hope that this age has a use by date which is rapidly drawing to a close...." I am upgrading to a "Buy by" date :D

...a hope where exploitation and suffering and every form of dysfunction will cease."

It will!

dominic

Jan 11, 2022
Okinawa, Japan
www.pureheart.page
Faith
Christian
Country
Japan

feel free to join blazinggrace.forums.net for more help. God is able to help you. Just trust in Jesus that He is God, He is able to save you, forgive you, change you, do the impossible and change you, even if you feel powerless, God is all powerful.

Dear Jesus, please help this man to know what You are about on this matter and How great and powerful you are. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hopefully you will be able to get a handle on this situation because we cannot help our sexual orientation and the chemical overload in our environment is largely responsible for the explosion in gender confusion issues among so many people in recent times. These chemicals are called "endocrine disruptors" and they affect our hormone balance. Hormones are responsible for many of our gender identification mechanisms.
All About Endocrine Disruptors - Precision Nutrition

Judgment is not needed here, but management of thoughts and actions definitely are if one professes to be Christian. We know that sin is in our bodies and our desires, once awakened are hard to overcome. Having the right attitude towards the things dictated by the body can help us keep ourselves in check. For example, we might be married but find ourselves attracted to someone else.....we know that our spouse would be devastated if we were to act on those thoughts. It would cause harm and more than likely break up an otherwise sound marriage. Or we might be single and have a strong desire to marry, but the right person has never come along. Would it be OK then to sleep with someone just for the physical benefits, if there is no genuine love or commitment to the person we are becoming "one flesh" with? Obviously not for Christians.

The flesh has needs, no doubt about that, but this particular need is not life threatening if we cannot satisfy it....not like our need for air, water and food. No one ever died from not having sex.

James 1:13-15 helps us with the right attitude.
"13 And remember, when you are being tempted, do not say, “God is tempting me.” God is never tempted to do wrong, and he never tempts anyone else. 14 Temptation comes from our own desires, which entice us and drag us away. 15 These desires give birth to sinful actions. And when sin is allowed to grow, it gives birth to death." (NLT)

So for starters, God did not bring this unfortunate condition upon you. It is simply a product of our collective, inherited imperfection.
We can see from this scripture that God would never deliberately do something like that to anyone, but as @Nancy has said....we have an enemy who wants to be a 'partner in crime' with our fallen flesh. He is the one who does the tempting. But he cannot force us to sin...he can only set us up so that its easy to break God's law. He wants to "drag us away" to his sleezy world where improper sexual activity (which God calls an abomination) can satisfy the flesh, but is working against the spirit.....which do you think is stronger?

Its a shame that you have no one to talk to about this because talking about it is certainly what you need.
Have you taken this to God in prayer? He tells us to take all our concerns to him...
Philippians 4:6-7...
"Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus." (NLT)

In my experience, those who have such struggles can keep themselves busy helping others, which is satisfying in a different way....keeping the mind and body active in pursuits that bring happiness to others....this in turn brings happiness to the giver.

I wish you well...

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"We as believers live by faith in the hope that this age has a use by date which is rapidly drawing to a close...." I am upgrading to a "Buy by" date :D

...a hope where exploitation and suffering and every form of dysfunction will cease."

It will!
:)

Reactions: BarneyFife