struggling with sin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The best way I've found to manage sin is with my trademarked Sin Management Team. This patented new technology is guaranteed to eradicate sin where it starts; in the heart. That's right. Forget about all the nonsense that so many of todays modern day Pharisaic class peddle with their "works" mentality. Skip the struggle. There is no struggle except of course if you're a depraved degenerate.

The problem is that we're all depraved degenerates so we have to stop struggling and start managing that sin. That's just the best that can be expected given that yer heart is basically so desperately wicked that God only knows how disgusting it really is. Fortunately, he spares us from having to look at it, at least while we're "in the flesh". It's like they say, you can't see it when you're in it.

Jesus makes this same point when he points out that we can wash all we want to and it ain't gonna make ya clean because you're effectively just cleaning pots and pans. The heart takes a special kinda soap that you just don't have. My memory ain't what it used to be, but the story goes sumpin like this:

The scribes and Pharisees came to Jesus and informed (better translated 'tattled') on one of his disciples saying,"Hey, your disciple lay with his wife, but afterwards didn't perform the ritual cleansing." Jesus then points out that it isn't what goes in, but what comes out, he then compares the reproductive system to the heart: "The reproductive system cleans itself every month, and what goes into or out of the woman doesn't go into her heart." In saying this Jesus declared all sexual activity clean.

So you see, what you thought was something that you needed to struggle with wasn't even a sin after all. Now, not only can you enjoy sex with your wife, but you can enjoy sex with everything from the majestic oak to the mighty whale of the briny deep.

Yes, I jest. However, you gotta laugh when you see what a fool we've all become with our obsession with sin, our twisted theologies, and doctrines that only the devil could love...

You can stop eating pork, or fornicating with your brothers and sisters, but until there is a change of heart, it's all for nothing. This isn't to say that it's a good idea to eat pork or fornicate; just that you might as well enjoy it while you can cause when God comes along and changes your heart you ain't gonna want to eat garbage or defile yourself anymore.

You could also just simply burn out on eating garbage and fornicating and, just like the prodigal son; go home and get cleaned up for dinner; a real dinner with real food, clean clothes etc.

Oh, I remember now; I think it was somewhere around Mark chapter 7